Stock sectors/asset sectors to buy under a Harris Presidency

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
64 posts
User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

BlueDevil » 19 Nov 2020, 1:20 am » wrote: Carnival Cruise Lines and Norwegian are still good buy.

I recently cashed in on the strange surge in Chinese EV stocks. I didn't get Nio, but I pockets $8000 on Li Auto and XPeng between Halloween and last Friday.

Stocks have been good to me this year. Everything I had control over was sold. I rebuilt my portfolio, and I'm up $120k on the year. Most of it was a whole stock market ETF. I still have hundreds of shares of Carnival and Norwegian I expect turn five figure profits as well.

It hasn't been all chocolate sprinkles. I found out the extra exposure ETF's are a good way to lose money if you don't know what you're doing.
That’s pretty impressive. I only bagged one major winner this year so I haven’t done quite as well. Still gained on par with SP 500 thanks to silver’s decent gains.

I noticed stocks like FVRR and ZM were soaring but UPWK was still loitering in the **** toilet so I bought some @ $11. It continued to tank to $7, then Jim Cramer of all **** retards pumped the stock and now it’s $34.

If you’re not afraid of Emperor Xi’s meddling, BABA should reward you soon.

What’s your thesis over CCL and cruise ships? I was under the impression half of Americans were hiding at home over the flu. The coming vaccine?
 
Log in or Register to remove ads


User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Posts: 17,070
Politics: Conservative

Polar1ty » 18 Nov 2020, 11:34 pm » wrote: Yes, please buy GLD, SLV, SPPP, XLF, TLT, VGSH, and USIG.

I'd love to see your return on those in a 3 yr timeframe (or however long you think is appropriate).

You can benchmark those vs ITA, ITB, ARKK, XLY, VWO, and TAN. I'll even throw in BTC at this level.

Ehhhhh....I pick my own stocks, and I seem to do just fine. However, every time someone gives me advice of what stocks to choose, and I take their advice, I always lose. Like every time. I just don't think you advice givers know what the **** you are talking about. I'll make sure I don't choose what you just recommended. I should be fine then. 
BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.



User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

Vegas » 19 Nov 2020, 12:37 pm » wrote: Ehhhhh....I pick my own stocks, and I seem to do just fine. However, every time someone gives me advice of what stocks to choose, and I take their advice, I always lose. Like every time. I just don't think you advice givers know what the **** you are talking about. I'll make sure I don't choose what you just recommended. I should be fine then.
Post what you buy then.

User avatar
nefarious101

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 31,828

PLTR...PLUG....FCEL....OLN....RKT

Current hobby trades...got a few others but these have done pretty good

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Posts: 17,070
Politics: Conservative

Polar1ty » 19 Nov 2020, 12:44 pm » wrote: Post what you buy then.
I am looking into companies that were hit hard by Covid, but have still been around a while. Covid wont last forever. Eventually these companies will bounce back. Right now, a lot of their stocks have decreased, which makes it ideal to buy now such as:

Delta (or the airline industry in general)
MGM Resorts ( or the hotel industry in general)
Regal Entertainment Group (this one could be risky, but I am going for it.)
Cruise ship industries
Retail stores
Oil companies.
 
BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.



User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

Vegas » 19 Nov 2020, 1:32 pm » wrote: I am looking into companies that were hit hard by Covid, but have still been around a while. Covid wont last forever. Eventually these companies will bounce back. Right now, a lot of their stocks have decreased, which makes it ideal to buy now such as:

Delta (or the airline industry in general)
MGM Resorts ( or the hotel industry in general)
Regal Entertainment Group (this one could be risky, but I am going for it.)
Cruise ship industries
Retail stores
Oil companies.
My 2019 self would have invested in those, but after seeing amateurs getting above avg returns mindlessly buying FAAMG stocks, Tesla, and other high flyers, I will never make the mistake again of Buffett style value investing. Buffett was so blinded by his philosophy he missed out on Amazon.
 

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Posts: 17,070
Politics: Conservative

Polar1ty » 19 Nov 2020, 8:26 pm » wrote: My 2019 self would have invested in those, but after seeing amateurs getting above avg returns mindlessly buying FAAMG stocks, Tesla, and other high flyers, I will never make the mistake again of Buffett style value investing. Buffett was so blinded by his philosophy he missed out on Amazon.

Buffet made over 75 billion dollars in playing the stock market, and you are ripping on him? LOL. This is why I don' take advice from people who give out unsolicited advice. You all are full of yourselves. 
BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.



User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

Vegas » 19 Nov 2020, 8:30 pm » wrote: Buffet made over 75 billion dollars in playing the stock market, and you are ripping on him? LOL. This is why I don' take advice from people who give out unsolicited advice. You all are full of yourselves.
ROFL

Buffett has been trash since 2009. Before that he was a god and actually delivered alpha.

He significantly lagged the SP 500 from 2009-present, because his investment philosophy is no longer valid in the current era. From the bottom in 2009 to the 3rd quarter of 2019, the SP 500 delivered 468% in gains with reinvested dividends while BRK only delivered 353%. Looks like Buffett should have taken his own advice and dollar cost averaged VOO or SPY.

Clearly you know nothing about this topic, since if you were buying the **** he would buy (Wells Fargo LOLOLOLOL -50% price from 2 yrs ago with no rebound in sight, Coca-Cola, Kroger, airlines, banks, Kraft Heinz ROFL, and other **** trash stocks) your portfolio would be bleeding harder than a ***’s ******* after 30 minutes of penetration.

I know this for a FACT because I separate portfolio units into 2 categories - the **** retail investors love (Visa, Microsoft, Alphabet, Shopify, Square, Slack, Okta, Tesla, AMD, MercadoLibre) and stocks a traditional value/Buffett style investor would love (Banks, Insurance, Credit Cards, Airlines, REITs, and other trash masquerading as “value” with low P/E, below book value, etc.)

The retail retard stocks (group #1) blew group #2 out of the water. FOR MANY YEARS NOW. 

Hopefully after he retires (or dies) his successor will adopt a mix of value and growth investing by putting capital in sectors like cloud computing, robotics, fintech/blockchain, and telemedicine, so BRK.B will become investable again and rule the skies as it once did.

Buffett did not make 75B from playing the stock market. He made his worth by buying out companies, replacing the management with shareholder-aligned members, and collecting his dues. This activist type of investing is FAR different from the image of a buy and hold investor that he lets on whenever he gets an interview on CNBC and everyone worships/sucks his dick without any level of nuance.

Once again you failed to even note this basic fact. (Or I should say FACTS since I presented 2 of them)
 
 
 

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Posts: 17,070
Politics: Conservative

Polar1ty » 19 Nov 2020, 11:30 pm » wrote: ROFL

Buffett has been trash since 2009. Before that he was a god and actually delivered alpha.

He significantly lagged the SP 500 from 2009-present, because his investment philosophy is no longer valid in the current era. From the bottom in 2009 to the 3rd quarter of 2019, the SP 500 delivered 468% in gains with reinvested dividends while BRK only delivered 353%. Looks like Buffett should have taken his own advice and dollar cost averaged VOO or SPY.

Clearly you know nothing about this topic, since if you were buying the **** he would buy (Wells Fargo LOLOLOLOL -50% price from 2 yrs ago with no rebound in sight, Coca-Cola, Kroger, airlines, banks, Kraft Heinz ROFL, and other **** trash stocks) your portfolio would be bleeding harder than a ***’s ******* after 30 minutes of penetration.

I know this for a FACT because I separate portfolio units into 2 categories - the **** retail investors love (Visa, Microsoft, Alphabet, Shopify, Square, Slack, Okta, Tesla, AMD, MercadoLibre) and stocks a traditional value/Buffett style investor would love (Banks, Insurance, Credit Cards, Airlines, REITs, and other trash masquerading as “value” with low P/E, below book value, etc.)

The retail retard stocks (group #1) blew group #2 out of the water. FOR MANY YEARS NOW. 

Hopefully after he retires (or dies) his successor will adopt a mix of value and growth investing by putting capital in sectors like cloud computing, robotics, fintech/blockchain, and telemedicine, so BRK.B will become investable again and rule the skies as it once did.

Buffett did not make 75B from playing the stock market. He made his worth by buying out companies, replacing the management with shareholder-aligned members, and collecting his dues. This activist type of investing is FAR different from the image of a buy and hold investor that he lets on whenever he gets an interview on CNBC and everyone worships/sucks his dick without any level of nuance.

Once again you failed to even note this basic fact. (Or I should say FACTS since I presented 2 of them)

Good God, you lefties are so full of yourselves. LOL. Why the **** would anyone, with half a brain, listen to you over Buffet? You are clueless. It's not just about the companies, it's about the philosophy. I have invested in technology, and I still do. It is his philosophy that guides me. I don't have to invest in the same companies he does in order to be consist with his philosophy.

Look...Buffett is filthy rich. You are his little *******. I have been doing just fine in the modern day with his style of investing. He still makes incredible gains.  Now, get on your knees, and blow me. 
BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.



User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

Vegas » 20 Nov 2020, 12:13 am » wrote: Good God, you lefties are so full of yourselves. LOL. Why the **** would anyone, with half a brain, listen to you over Buffet? You are clueless. It's not just about the companies, it's about the philosophy. I have invested in technology, and I still do. It is his philosophy that guides me. I don't have to invest in the same companies he does in order to be consist with his philosophy.

Look...Buffett is filthy rich. You are his little *******. I have been doing just fine in the modern day with his style of investing. He still makes incredible gains.  Now, get on your knees, and blow me.
You did not respond to any FACTS I presented. Your argument is I don't have as much $$$/net worth as Buffett (nobody on planet Earth does unless you are Bill Gates/Jeff Bezos/possibly Bernard Arnault so your argument is retarded anyway), therefore my argument is invalid. Did you learn how to argue at the BlackVegetable school of debate? I could be some African nomad with a pocket's worth of $10 bills in total wealth and IT WOULD NOT INVALIDATE MY ARGUMENT ONE BIT YOU RETARD.

OTOH I presented 2 pieces of facts that strongly - lagging behind the SP 500 for over a decade now and adopting an activist investment philosophy puts him in a different playing field compared to buy-and-hold peons.

I didn't even mention - Buffett has so much money invested in markets he is capable of moving stock prices quite easily on his own by virtue of his quarterly filings. He also gets sweetheart deals (such as buying stocks like Bank of America at a 10-20% discount at entry, which he did back in 2016, while plebs have to pay market price, so of course Buffett SHOULD BE OUTPERFORMING THE BROADER MARKET ANYWAY YOU CRETIN).

Once again, you did not understand my previous post and you probably don't understand this one either. I will be sure to track the investments you claimed you've made and check back how they perform in 1, 3, and 5 yrs.
 
Edit: Oh, god, last time you accused me of being a "liberal" or "lefty" or whatever, Cannon came into the thread and slapped you around with his dick. Why bring up that embarrassment again?


This was a thread designed to talk about investing under a likely Democratic president / split Congress and you bring in your retarded politics like a typical conjob.
 
 

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Posts: 17,070
Politics: Conservative

Polar1ty » 20 Nov 2020, 1:56 am » wrote: You did not respond to any FACTS I presented. Your argument is I don't have as much $$$/net worth as Buffett (nobody on planet Earth does unless you are Bill Gates/Jeff Bezos/possibly Bernard Arnault so your argument is retarded anyway), therefore my argument is invalid. Did you learn how to argue at the BlackVegetable school of debate? I could be some African nomad with a pocket's worth of $10 bills in total wealth and IT WOULD NOT INVALIDATE MY ARGUMENT ONE BIT YOU RETARD.

OTOH I presented 2 pieces of facts that strongly - lagging behind the SP 500 for over a decade now and adopting an activist investment philosophy puts him in a different playing field compared to buy-and-hold peons.

I didn't even mention - Buffett has so much money invested in markets he is capable of moving stock prices quite easily on his own by virtue of his quarterly filings. He also gets sweetheart deals (such as buying stocks like Bank of America at a 10-20% discount at entry, which he did back in 2016, while plebs have to pay market price, so of course Buffett SHOULD BE OUTPERFORMING THE BROADER MARKET ANYWAY YOU CRETIN).

Once again, you did not understand my previous post and you probably don't understand this one either. I will be sure to track the investments you claimed you've made and check back how they perform in 1, 3, and 5 yrs.
 
Edit: Oh, god, last time you accused me of being a "liberal" or "lefty" or whatever, Cannon came into the thread and slapped you around with his dick. Why bring up that embarrassment again?

This was a thread designed to talk about investing under a likely Democratic president / split Congress and you bring in your retarded politics like a typical conjob.
Dude, now you are just ranting. Look, I am not wrong, every time some douche like you comes around and acts like they know every thing about the stock market, I have always lost money taken their advice. Literally always. I am sticking with what works. I have been doing just fine. Now blow me. 
BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.



User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

Quick Mention on Real Estate/REITs:

I mentioned REITs (VNQ) have not recovered to their pre-pandemic levels, which makes them highly speculative. After looking around, there are a few gems that shine from the rest of the **** - Innovative Industrial Properties (leases real estate to cannibis growers), VICI, STAG, and Four Corners - special mention to Four Corners, a restaurant leasing REIT, for having positive revenue and FFO growth during this (fake) pandemic when the stupid government shut down the economy over the flu.

I only own IIPR as I am not particularly bullish on real estate at the moment, but IIPR is one of the few REITs growing at 100%+ per year and shows no signs of slowing down. A true 5x (or higher) bagger within 10 years. My only mistake was not buying it in March for around $60, as I almost pulled the trigger back then. Oh, the regrets...

Speaking of failed predictions, I remember a bunch of authors were recommending REITs like IRM, SPG, SKT, and others that turned out to be ****. Let's see....

IRM - outdated data storage/digitization for firms that hate paper.

SPG - mall REIT, cuz...malls were so popular (even before Covid)  

SKT - worse version of SPG

I'm going to assume the reason people bought into these stocks or similar value traps was they saw the "juicy" 6-11% dividend yield (usually old school Boomer investors). In the mind of these idiot Boomers, nothing's better than buying SPG at $180 2 years ago and watching it depreciate to $80 today while collecting that "juicy" 6% dividend.  

One point of interest to note about retarded Boomers: they don't realize you can invest in stocks that actually have a > 5% CAGR and sell shares for income. It involves a few clicks of the mouse after logging into Fidelity, Charles Schwab, or the brokerage of their choice. I would even go as far as to say corporations have a fiduciary duty to focus on share buybacks over dividends, as dividends are taxed = money down the drain.
 
 
 

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

nefarious101 » 19 Nov 2020, 12:48 pm » wrote: PLTR...PLUG....FCEL....OLN....RKT

Current hobby trades...got a few others but these have done pretty good
I'm too late to hop on the gravy train, but I believe there are still a couple weeks left before the bubble pops.

BLNK, CRSR, and ENPH also worth playing if you ever get bored. I already went all in (100%) on my trading account to play GME.
 
 

User avatar
Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,780
Politics: Liberal
Location: WINNING-SIDE Of History

Polar1ty » 19 Nov 2020, 12:17 am » wrote:
Huey » 18 Nov 2020, 3:06 pm » wrote: The following article was written the day after the election when the speculation was the GOP would hold the senate.  THAT is why the market soared.  Biden, and the house, would be unable to pass the massive tax increases they want as well as overturning the regulations Trump wiped out.

Longtime bull Jeremy Siegel: Stocks rally on odds of GOP keeping Senate and stopping tax hikes
PUBLISHED WED, NOV 4 202012:05 PM ESTUPDATED WED, NOV 4 202012:09 PM EST

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/04/jeremy- ... hikes.html
Disagree with that argument. The market is bullish, but for other reasons.

First of all, I doubt Biden (even if he was given a majority Dem Congress) would pass "massive" tax increases. Some Democrats speculated he would likely roll back corporate taxes from 21% to 28%, which is still lower than the 35% prior to Trump tax cuts.

This would be a "moderate," not a "massive," tax increase.
 
......Unless, of course, you consult the "agents" of the 1%ers/High-Roller$.......
.
Here’s what "conservative" politicians said about the 1993 deficit reduction legislation that raised taxes on the top 1.2% of our wealthiest citizens:

.
 "Clearly, this is a job-killer in the short-run. The impact on job creation is going to be devastating."
—Rep. Dick Armey, (Republican, Texas)

.
"The tax increase will…lead to a recession…and will actually increase the deficit."
—Rep. Newt Gingrich (Republican, Georgia)

.
"I will make you this bet. I am willing to risk the mortgage on it…the deficit will be up; unemployment will be up; in my judgment, inflation will be up." —Sen. Robert Packwood (Republican, Oregon)

.
"The deficit four years from today will be higher than it is today, not lower." —Sen. Phil Gramm (Republican, Texas)

.
"The President promised a middle-class tax cut, yet he and his party imposed the largest tax increase in American history. We hope his higher taxes will not cut short the economic recovery and declining interest rates he inherited… Instead of stifling growth through higher taxes and increased government regulations, Republicans would take America in a different direction." —Sen. Robert Dole (Republican, Kansas)
[/center]
 
 
 

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,341
Politics: Fascist

I disagree with much of your list.

For one thing...the reason you would but something like precious metals is because it keeps your assets liquid. So you can escape the country very quickly if need be. It is not something you purchase as primarily and investment but rather for mobility.

Also..i think it I a mistake to invest in this country at all. The small ups and downs in demand for certain things is pretty irrelevant compared to innovation. Significant new wealth always comes from innovation.

White people are pretty much the only source of innovation. As this country becomes more brown and the whites more demoralized there will be zero innovation here. Everything will become stagnant. The last contribution this state will ever have is the computer and whatever problems had to be solved to construct the internet.

But it seems that some white countries will continue to exist for a while. Poland, for example. It is also experiencing a surge in nationalism.

I expect there will be significant brain drain from formerly white countries into countries like poland...feom white people who prefer to feel like they have a future (although nobody will admit it)

Eastern Europe will be the epicenter of future innovation. Invest there.

User avatar
nefarious101

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 31,828

Polar1ty » 21 Nov 2020, 3:55 am » wrote: I'm too late to hop on the gravy train, but I believe there are still a couple weeks left before the bubble pops.

BLNK, CRSR, and ENPH also worth playing if you ever get bored. I already went all in (100%) on my trading account to play GME.
blnk---damn....ride that *******...might take yourself a little profit...RSI in in the clouds


CRSR...another good one...looks to still have some room




game stop?....things are changing but I'm just not there yet.  MACD do say take a bite tho
 

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

nefarious101 » 21 Nov 2020, 12:36 pm » wrote: blnk---damn....ride that *******...might take yourself a little profit...RSI in in the clouds

CRSR...another good one...looks to still have some room



game stop?....things are changing but I'm just not there yet.  MACD do say take a bite tho

I am seriously considering adding CRSR to my investment/retirement account because I see nothing but glowing reviews for their products. Sadly they are a hardware, not software, company, which means their net profit margins will always linger in the 4-7% range instead of 20-35% range (or -20 to -100% if you're talking about **** startups/IPOs).

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

One of the SA authors I follow (who has been right about market direction way more often than not) says we'll see SP -> 4000+ in 2021, with amazing 20%+ gains after one final correction in 2020.

I am not concerned at all about Kamala Harris taking the seat at the helm - she is just another identity politics empty suit who will govern like Obama - progressive rhetoric but ultimately neoliberal policies. In fact those may even benefit investors, just as Obamacare benefited those who bought and held stocks like United Healthcare, Anthem, and Cigna.
 

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

- Final adjustments to portfolio until end of 2021:

1) Add shares of Alibaba (a stock worth $500 right now trading at $270/share, plus Beijing Biden will become pres so tariffs removed ROFL!)
2) Add shares of VOO after final 2020 correction (should be coming within a month) Actually **** that, go all in on growth stocks instead of the boring **** like Apple - add IIPR or initiate VEEV
3) Add shares of TCNNF
4) Add shares of SE

Using a combination of technical and fundamental analysis, I'm sure it's safe to say stocks that haven't broken past pre-pandemic heights are in a bearish down-trend...unless they already reached the bottom (v) of the Elliot wave, in which case it's super bullish and the beginning of an up-cycle. However, the latter are very difficult to find/snuff out, not to mention there's a possibility you get the Elliot wave wrong (and it's still in a wave 3 transition) in which case you get ****.

Example of bearish stock that hasn't broken past pre-pandemic heights and is clearly not in a long-term bottom: Intel

I still see garbage "stock advisors" suggesting Intel when Intel's stock looks like it's on the verge of a cliff. Intel actually reminds me of GE in the 2000s, when GE had several large "bear market rallies" but had lower highs and lower bottoms with every "wave."

Intel hasn't even broken past their 2000 mania heights yet, so it might even be the beginning of wave 3 (if you look at it from its entire history), suggesting a massive collapse in share price ahead.

Example of a bullish stock that has broken out of a long-term downtrend by blasting through pre-pandemic highs: Global Ship Lease

I wouldn't be surprised if this gains another 50% by the end of 2021. It's already gone from $3.29 to $9.39 in less than a year - super bullish and matches the recovery in shipping rates/massive turnaround in company revenue.

Not sure, but leaning bearish: VLO

That $38 bottom could be the end of (v) or end of (iii), or the start of a bullish (i). VLO would need to break past $75 to sustain positive up-trend, which I think is unlikely right now (it's stuck around $50 and every "value rotation" when tech sheds 10% and value gains 20% still leaves it quite wanting), so there's a very high probability (> 70%) it will go lower. VLO is still bleeding revenue every year with oil stuck in the $40s.

 
 

User avatar
Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,780
Politics: Liberal
Location: WINNING-SIDE Of History


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Al Donal, Alexa [Bot], Atomic blonde, Bidennextpresident, Bill Gates [Bot], bludog, Buffalo, Cannonpointer, Cedar, Famagusta, FOS, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Hmrider21, Ike Bana, Isabel, JeanMoulin, nefarious101, Olivaw, Pengwin, Pinterest [Bot], Polar1ty, RollingRock, SJConspirator, solon, Squatchman, Steve Jobs [Bot], thelion, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, Yahoo [Bot], Zeets2, zkyll8 and 234 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads