This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

User avatar
Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,996
Politics: Liberal
Location: WINNING-SIDE Of History


User avatar
Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,996
Politics: Liberal
Location: WINNING-SIDE Of History

Curtis Crosland; Freed By
Evidence That Was On File For More Than 30 Years

July 31, 2021
.
"His exoneration came after months of work by the Philadelphia Conviction Integrity Unit, established in 2018 by the office of Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner. The unit was set up to investigate claims of innocence and wrongful conviction. Crosland's is the 22nd exoneration in which the unit has been involved, according to a news release from the CIU."

User avatar
Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,996
Politics: Liberal
Location: WINNING-SIDE Of History


User avatar
Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,996
Politics: Liberal
Location: WINNING-SIDE Of History


User avatar
Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,996
Politics: Liberal
Location: WINNING-SIDE Of History


User avatar
solon

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7,200
Politics: Liberal

Vegas » 18 Nov 2020, 3:54 pm » wrote: Given how many inmates have been executed, though were 'possibly' innocent, the death penalty should be abolished nationwide. Allegedly innocent is not the same as innocent, but it sure as hell isn't the same as 100% guilty either. 

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/policy-iss ... y-innocent
I agree completely.  I would refer people to the story of why the REPUBLICAN governor of Illinois stopped the death penalty in his state and commuted all the death sentences left on death row there. IT concerned an inmate named Porter. Now he was within 48 hours of being executed when the SC stayed his execution because his IQ was so low that he could not help in his defense.  

During that stay a journalism class from Northwestern used the case to go over what investigative journalists should do covering a murder. they went to the scent and read the police report. It said he shot someone RIGHT HERE, then fled east and...there was no EXIT if you go east but he HAD to go east to go by the eye witness whose testimony was central to Porters conviction

They took that to the police and the detective said oh my we were really looking at someone else but the eye witness was an upstanding guy so we went with what he said. The cop then went to the suspect they had before and that man CONFESSED WITHIN AN HOJR.  What got Gov Ryan was not ONE BIT of saving Porter had to do with the criminal justice system. 

Yeah even if I agreed with the death penalty our Justice system just isnt competent enough ro kill people on their sayso.  After this happened about 25 states audited their death penalty system and Maryland was shocked that there were serious and reversible errors in more than 65% of their death pentaly cases but didnt feel too bad since that was BELOW THE NATIONAL AVERAGE

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Posts: 10,889
Politics: Conservative

solon » 17 Sep 2021, 1:03 pm » wrote: I agree completely.  I would refer people to the story of why the REPUBLICAN governor of Illinois stopped the death penalty in his state and commuted all the death sentences left on death row there. IT concerned an inmate named Porter. Now he was within 48 hours of being executed when the SC stayed his execution because his IQ was so low that he could not help in his defense.  

During that stay a journalism class from Northwestern used the case to go over what investigative journalists should do covering a murder. they went to the scent and read the police report. It said he shot someone RIGHT HERE, then fled east and...there was no EXIT if you go east but he HAD to go east to go by the eye witness whose testimony was central to Porters conviction

They took that to the police and the detective said oh my we were really looking at someone else but the eye witness was an upstanding guy so we went with what he said. The cop then went to the suspect they had before and that man CONFESSED WITHIN AN HOJR.  What got Gov Ryan was not ONE BIT of saving Porter had to do with the criminal justice system. 

Yeah even if I agreed with the death penalty our Justice system just isnt competent enough ro kill people on their sayso.  After this happened about 25 states audited their death penalty system and Maryland was shocked that there were serious and reversible errors in more than 65% of their death pentaly cases but didnt feel too bad since that was BELOW THE NATIONAL AVERAGE

I understand that the 'jury of our peers' seems like a good system to judge guilt. However, the lawyers choose them based on who they think will favor their case, not on who would be able to scrutinize the evidence better. 

User avatar
solon

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7,200
Politics: Liberal

Vegas » 17 Sep 2021, 1:06 pm » wrote: I understand that the 'jury of our peers' seems like a good system to judge guilt. However, the lawyers choose them based on who they think will favor their case, not on who would be able to scrutinize the evidence better.
Have you ever sat in a criminal jury?  I have. I am sure MOST of them are respectful and thoughtful the one I was on several jurors said DIRECTLY that their DUTY was to convict the suspect THAT was what they were called in to do and never even DISCUSSED the facts didn't even CARE what the facts were two of them said if the police arrested him that proves he was guilty 



No I agree it is a very GOOD system but that doesn't mean in EVERY CASE it metes out justice so another reason I cant go for the death penalty

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Posts: 10,889
Politics: Conservative

solon » 17 Sep 2021, 1:11 pm » wrote: Have you ever sat in a criminal jury?  I have. I am sure MOST of them are respectful and thoughtful the one I was on several jurors said DIRECTLY that their DUTY was to convict the suspect THAT was what they were called in to do and never even DISCUSSED the facts didn't even CARE what the facts were two of them said if the police arrested him that proves he was guilty 

No I agree it is a very GOOD system but that doesn't mean in EVERY CASE it metes out justice so another reason I cant go for the death penalty

And we have to wonder how many times has this happened.

User avatar
TB7

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,697
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: PARADISE

Good......


Image

User avatar
solon

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7,200
Politics: Liberal

And Taliban7 the GUTLESS COWARD and CHILDISH PUNK makes a childish post he HOPES will annoy someone but in fact just shows how STUPID PETTY and CHLDISH he is. Having NOTHING to do with the issue which as always he is FAR TOO MUCH of a GUTLESS COWARD to address just a PUNK being a PUNK like every other day knowing he is FAR TOO STUPID to ever ADDRESS THE ISSUE
 

User avatar
TB7

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,697
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: PARADISE

solon » 17 Sep 2021, 1:03 pm » wrote: I agree completely.  I would refer people to the story of why the REPUBLICAN governor of Illinois stopped the death penalty in his state and commuted all the death sentences left on death row there. IT concerned an inmate named Porter. Now he was within 48 hours of being executed when the SC stayed his execution because his IQ was so low that he could not help in his defense.  

During that stay a journalism class from Northwestern used the case to go over what investigative journalists should do covering a murder. they went to the scent and read the police report. It said he shot someone RIGHT HERE, then fled east and...there was no EXIT if you go east but he HAD to go east to go by the eye witness whose testimony was central to Porters conviction

They took that to the police and the detective said oh my we were really looking at someone else but the eye witness was an upstanding guy so we went with what he said. The cop then went to the suspect they had before and that man CONFESSED WITHIN AN HOJR.  What got Gov Ryan was not ONE BIT of saving Porter had to do with the criminal justice system. 

Yeah even if I agreed with the death penalty our Justice system just isnt competent enough ro kill people on their sayso.  After this happened about 25 states audited their death penalty system and Maryland was shocked that there were serious and reversible errors in more than 65% of their death pentaly cases but didnt feel too bad since that was BELOW THE NATIONAL AVERAGE
lotty fukin dotty.....and
Image
 

User avatar
solon

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7,200
Politics: Liberal

What a shock another CHILDISH PUNK post hoping against hope he might impress any FIVE YEAR OLDS reading this thread while RUNNING AWAY LIKE THE GUTLESS COWARD he is from ANY SUBSTANCE and the ISSUE itself since, like always he KNOWS he will ALWAYS BE FAR TOO STUPID to stand up to a  liberal in a real discussion of ANY of the issues Taliban7 is TOO STUPID to understand

User avatar
TB7

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,697
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: PARADISE

solon » 17 Sep 2021, 1:39 pm » wrote: What a shock another CHILDISH PUNK post hoping against hope he might impress any FIVE YEAR OLDS reading this thread while RUNNING AWAY LIKE THE GUTLESS COWARD he is from ANY SUBSTANCE and the ISSUE itself since, like always he KNOWS he will ALWAYS BE FAR TOO STUPID to stand up to a  liberal in a real discussion of ANY of the issues Taliban7 is TOO STUPID to understand
Image

User avatar
solon

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7,200
Politics: Liberal

Give us MORE childish PUNK posts loser. Prove my point AGAIN AND AGAIN about how TERRIFIED you are of me and how TERRIFIED you are of substance how you KNOW from experience that if you even TRY to address the ISSUE of the points made or do ANYTHING but act like a petty petulant CHILD then you will be HJUMILIATED since you are FAR TOO STUPID to understand the issues you spew CHILDISH BS about

but HEY keep proving to EVERYONE how inadequate and IMPOTENT you are
 
 

User avatar
TB7

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,697
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: PARADISE

solon » 17 Sep 2021, 1:43 pm » wrote: Give us MORE childish PUNK posts loser. Prove my point AGAIN AND AGAIN about how TERRIFIED you are of me and how TERRIFIED you are of substance how you KNOW from experience that if you even TRY to address the ISSUE of the points made or do ANYTHING but act like a petty petulant CHILD then you will be HJUMILIATED since you are FAR TOO STUPID to understand the issues you spew CHILDISH BS about

but HEY keep proving to EVERYONE how inadequate and IMPOTENT you are
Come on Man

https://youtu.be/42uxCxoYaWo
 

User avatar
solon

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7,200
Politics: Liberal

Yes yes another CHILDISH PUNK post PROVING once again that you are TERRIFIED of actual discourse that you KNOW you are SO STUPID you dont even UNDERSTAND the issue and can not evenTRY to address it. Just a CHILDISH PUNK being a CHILDISH PUNK because you LACK THE INTELLECT to even TRY to be part of an adult discussion give us MORE childish PUNK BS its all you can do and EVERYONE KNOWS it now. I accept your SURRENDER LOSER

The issue since you are probably too STUPID to even recognize it is the death penalty an issue which has decent arguments to be made on both sides but you are SO STUPID you cannot even TRY so give us MORE CHILDISH PUNK posts show EVERYONE how  STUNNINGLY UNSPEAKABLY STUPID you are

User avatar
TB7

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,697
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: PARADISE

solon » 17 Sep 2021, 2:05 pm » wrote: Yes yes another CHILDISH PUNK post PROVING once again that you are TERRIFIED of actual discourse that you KNOW you are SO STUPID you dont even UNDERSTAND the issue and can not evenTRY to address it. Just a CHILDISH PUNK being a CHILDISH PUNK because you LACK THE INTELLECT to even TRY to be part of an adult discussion give us MORE childish PUNK BS its all you can do and EVERYONE KNOWS it now. I accept your SURRENDER LOSER

The issue since you are probably too STUPID to even recognize it is the death penalty an issue which has decent arguments to be made on both sides but you are SO STUPID you cannot even TRY so give us MORE CHILDISH PUNK posts show EVERYONE how  STUNNINGLY UNSPEAKABLY STUPID you are
I'm for the death penalty as long as...there is absolutely 100 percent proof the person is guilty. 

User avatar
solon

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7,200
Politics: Liberal

TB7 » 17 Sep 2021, 2:21 pm » wrote: I'm for the death penalty as long as...there is absolutely 100 percent proof the person is guilty. 
A reasonable post. I disagree but understand and that would stop about 99% of executions so I would be glad to start with that compromise. As for me I agree there are monsters out there and society has a right to be protected from them.  however life without parole does that and it takes TWICE as much money to do that than to execute someone.  I agree that some people might DESERVE to be executed but  the way we treat people is about who WE are as a society not about who THEY are and we just shouldn't be the kind of people who want to KILL people OFFICIALLY

Congratulations on at least making an honest effort and making a point. The thing is when we DO execute an innocent person since it is the LAW and official it makes us ALL accesories
 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Al Donal, Alexa [Bot], Beekeeper, Benson13, Bidennextpresident, Bill Gates [Bot], Buck Naked, Buffalo, Cannonpointer, ConsRule, Crazytrain, crimsongulf, Deezer Shoove, Dementia, dontlooknow, Famagusta, FJB, FOS, freeman, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Hank, Ike Bana, Jantje_Smit, Jinn Martini, miketx, nefarious101, Neo, neue regel, OdeToJoy, omh, Omicron420, PaperLi [Bot], Pengwin, Pinterest [Bot], Polar1ty, PoliticalPopUp, rippy3838, ScottMon, SJConspirator, sooted up Cyndi, Squatchman, Str8tEdge, supraTruth, Taipan, TB7, thelion, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, Wayback Machine [Bot], Xavier_Onassis, Yandex [Bot] and 554 guests