The Great Barrington Declaration

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
92 posts
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
OdeToJoy » 21 Nov 2020, 10:17 am » wrote: In the UK, Honorary Professors are retired, or resigned professors that the university wishes to still be affiliated with.  

Such a pity that you didn't do your due diligence on their credentials.

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/registrar/ ... stitutions.

The title Honorary Professor is appropriate for someone worthy of a Chair position at the University or the equivalent, ie. someone very eminent in their field.

Honorary Professor (Teaching)

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/hr/guidance ... ofteaching

The title Honorary Professor is equivalent in standing to Professor.

The title of Honorary Professor is analogous to that of a Chair holder. Promotion to a Personal Chair is one of the University´s highest academic distinctions and in order to support its mission in research-led Teaching, the University is committed to the delivery of the highest possible quality of Teaching to enhance the student learning experience and so ensure high student achievement, employability and satisfaction.

This Title may be conferred upon those who are able to demonstrate a national/international profile for innovation, publication and enterprise in Teaching supplemented by a record of research achievement or highly ranked scholarly publications.

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/staff/employment/honorary/

Appointment

Criteria

Honorary Professor

To be conferred on a person with involvement in the University that is regular and significant. The appointee should be of an academic standing equivalent to that of Professor. There must be a substantial connection with the University and the candidate must be academically qualified for the status. They will be a leading international authority in their subject including an outstanding contribution to education or research or both.

Alrighty, then.

I'm glad we cleared that up - it was nice working with you on that.

Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Olivaw » 21 Nov 2020, 1:57 am » wrote:
Cannonpointer » 21 Nov 2020, 1:33 am » wrote: Good boy. You take orders with the finest of cucks.

And yes, ricky gave me quite a licking - as did you.

Continue to ride my dick. Don't let pride stand in your way.
We’ve a lot to talk about.

Jesus, you really want this ****, you poor thing.

Okay, keep trying for my ****, weasel. The answer will remain no.

Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Left: Liberals and progressives when asked to critique anyone whose narrative opposes MSM/globalist propaganda

Right: Liberals and progressives when tasked to find any errors in MSM/globalist bleating that masquerades as "science"

https://i.imgflip.com/2zqe8i.jpg

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

I listened to all of it. I noticed that he offered no evidence for his stance. He simply spurted out his opinion. The death rate from Covid far exceeds the death rate of the flu. He claimed that masks and social distancing doesn't work, yet it worked well in other countries. Is it just America that it doesn't work? He listed his credentials in the beginning. Ok, that's great. However, he sounds more like a political commentator than a scientist in this video.
BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.

GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

Politics: Revolutionary

SoapBeerPopcorn
Vegas » 22 Nov 2020, 3:23 am » wrote: I listened to all of it. I noticed that he offered no evidence for his stance. He simply spurted out his opinion. The death rate from Covid far exceeds the death rate of the flu. He claimed that masks and social distancing doesn't work, yet it worked well in other countries. Is it just America that it doesn't work?
He is commenting on Canada.

If it worked well in other countries then why are they spiking?

With much of Europe well into its second spike in COVID-19 activity, death rates in some countries are on the rise, reaching levels seen in the pandemic's first peak.

Cases in Sweden are up 5x while deaths are down 3x from the peak of the first wave.  If that’s not the expected trend for herd immunity then what is?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ry/sweden/
He listed his credentials in the beginning. Ok, that's great. However, he sounds more like a political commentator than a scientist in this video.
 We don’t know the type of meeting or the audience.  Maybe it was political. 

OdeToJoy

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

OdeToJoy » 21 Nov 2020, 2:53 pm » wrote: COVID-19 hospitalizations soar in lockdown-free Sweden amid second wave

https://nypost.com/2020/11/12/covid-19- ... cond-wave/

Coronavirus hospitalizations are surging in lockdown-eschewing Sweden as the country grapples with a second wave of the virus, data shows.

There are currently 1,004 patients being treated for the virus in the Nordic nation’s hospitals — up 60 percent from the previous week’s 627, the Guardian reported.

Data from the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control suggests Sweden’s hospitalization rate may be climbing faster in recent weeks than other countries in the region, the Guardian reported.

New case counts are also soaring throughout the country, hitting a seven-day average this week of more than 4,000, the outlet reported.The nation saw 4,658 new infections alone on Thursday, one of its worst days on record since the pandemic began.

Sweden’s second wave comes after the country controversially called for citizens to hold themselves accountable for social distancing, instead of closing borders and ordering strict lockdowns

​​​​​​

OdeToJoy

Share      Unread post

OdeToJoy » 21 Nov 2020, 3:07 pm » wrote: Interesting article in Forbes about the reason that while the death toll was high, their hospitals were not overwhelmed. A conscious decision was made not to hospitalize senior and vulnerable Covid patients, but simply allow them to die untreated:

Sweden Stayed Open And More People Died Of Covid-19, But The Real Reason May Be Something Darker

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2 ... 41a02c69bd

While more people have died of Covid-19 per capita in Sweden than in many other countries, the outbreak of the disease did not crush the nation’s health care system and overload its intensive care units as predicted.

“Analyzed by categorical age group, older Swedish patients with confirmed COVID-19 were more likely to die than to be admitted to the ICU, suggesting that predicted prognosis may have been a factor in ICU admission,” the researchers write in a study published online for the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases. “This likely reduced ICU load at the cost of more high-risk patients dying outside the ICU.”

The implication here is that Sweden chose to emphasize personal responsibility, but when the choice led to increased infections among the elderly, medical professionals seem to have taken on the responsibility of choosing who likely lives and dies.

OdeToJoy

Share      Unread post

GeorgeWashington » 22 Nov 2020, 11:05 am » wrote: He is commenting on Canada.

With much of Europe well into its second spike in COVID-19 activity, death rates in some countries are on the rise, reaching levels seen in the pandemic's first peak.

Cases in Sweden are up 5x while deaths are down 3x from the peak of the first wave.  If that’s not the expected trend for herd immunity then what is?

The spike in deaths follows the spike in cases.  We see the people dying several weeks after the case count.

OdeToJoy

Share      Unread post

BISMARCK, N.D. — 

North Dakota’s COVID-19 mortality rate is not only the highest in the nation but also in the world, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Although both the state’s active cases and hospitalizations decreased Tuesday, November is tracking to be North Dakota’s deadliest since the pandemic began with an average of 13 reported deaths per day, the Grand Forks Herald reported.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP

Their facile, faith based answer is ALWAYS going to be: "Imagine if we HADN'T thrown the virgin into the volcano."

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

This wasn't unexpected. They knew a second and third round was coming, so of course there are going to spikes. However, compared to us? They are doing much better.
BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

I would just remind all the true believers in this joint that there are plenty of "experts" on various subject from universities all over the world, who are holocaust deniers.

Credentials are hung on charlatans every day, by universities, departments of professional regulation, professional organizations, etc. And they remain charlatans.

Olivaw

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Black Lives MatterDemocratic Party 1PPE Mask
Cannonpointer » 21 Nov 2020, 10:02 pm » wrote: Jesus, you really want this ****, you poor thing.

Your attempt to change the topic to your **** is less offensive than your attempt to change topics to child sexuality, I suppose. Progress?

Is that your excuse for sending the Libertardian thread where Ricky kicked your *** to the dungeon? You wanted to talk about your penis or child sexual agency and he denied you? 
The only way Trump gets to 270 is if he loses 50 pounds

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Olivaw » 22 Nov 2020, 4:29 pm » wrote:
Cannonpointer » 21 Nov 2020, 10:02 pm » wrote: Jesus, you really want this ****, you poor thing.

Your attempt to change the topic

The topic here is the barrington declaration, dick sucker.

No one has forced you to spam, dick chaser.

My answer remains no - no dick for you. Beg on, but the answer won't change.

Olivaw

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 22 Nov 2020, 4:31 pm » wrote: The topic here is the barrington declaration, dick sucker.

No one has forced you to spam, dick chaser.

My answer remains no - no dick for you. Beg on, but the answer won't change.
I posted about the topic and you replied to me with a post about children’s sexual agency, you sick ****.Your lack of character in moving threads that don’t go your way is just a bonus topic. live with it, punk or abuse your. Old privileges as you like to do. 

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Olivaw » 22 Nov 2020, 4:35 pm » wrote: I posted about the topic
No, you didn't.

You begged for my dick, and I had every right to say no.

However I dress,
Wherever I go,
Yes means yes,
No means no.

Olivaw

Share      Unread post

If masks reduce COVID-19 by 50%, there will still be spikes in countries with mask mandates. 

Herd immunity appears to be pseudoscience, 

Olivaw

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 22 Nov 2020, 4:38 pm » wrote: No, you didn't.

You begged for my dick, and I had every right to say no.

However I dress,
Wherever I go,
Yes means yes,
No means no.
Lying about your sins does not alleviate your guilt, boy. Feel free to never post to me again. 

also - yawn. 

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Olivaw » 22 Nov 2020, 4:38 pm » wrote: If masks reduce COVID-19 by 50%, there will still be spikes in countries with mask mandates. 

Herd immunity appears to be pseudoscience,
If herd immunity were pseudoscience, we would know it by this mark: It would be embraced by every libtard on the board, beginning with you, son.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Olivaw » 22 Nov 2020, 4:39 pm » wrote: Lying about your sins does not alleviate your guilt, boy. Feel free to never post to me again. 

also - yawn.

You are the dick begger showing up in my notifications, ***, making determinations as to who did what and what constitutes abuse, asking poison pill questions premised on faulty assumptions.

How old were you when you found out your mother was a whore?

See, questions like these ^ don't get respectfully unpacked and answered, dick sucker. Not by me, anyway,

You may feel free to stop begging for my **** at any time, sissy panty.