How to stop Covid-19 dead in its tracks

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
92 posts
User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

Vegas » 20 Nov 2020, 10:53 am » wrote: It actually has with Asian countries. The difference is that they take it more seriously than we do.

https://globalhealth.duke.edu/news/how- ... d-19Asia’s across-the-board success demonstrates there are multiple paths to combatting the virus, says Tang. “We don’t think there is a recipe for controlling COVID-19. Countries took different approaches based on their epidemiological, political, socioeconomic and cultural contexts,” he notes.As important as what Asian countries and regions did to respond to COVID-19, though, was how they did it. Tang says all of the countries he studied acted swiftly and centrally, with a high degree of coordination among national, regional and local officials. Communication from public health officials and political leadership tended to be clear and consistent, reducing confusion and bolstering trust. Such efforts at transparency may explain why people in Asia have generally been more accepting of social distancing and face mask mandates.But experience matters here, as well. Living through the emergence and control of pathogens like SARS and MERS has strengthened cultural norms around protections such as face masks and social distancing, Tang says. Face masks are nearly universal in public spaces in Japan even though the country never issued a mandate to wear them, he adds.“What we have found is that people in most of our study countries and regions in Asia were better able to take advice and guidelines on face masks, social distancing and self-isolation than their counterparts in Europe and the U.S.,” Tang says. “We’ve certainly seen that illustrated in the past few months.”
Except they did strict lockdowns in Europe and it didn’t work. It’s almost like there are other factors determining how many cases/capita there are (since that is the new obsession).
Log in or Register to remove ads


User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

CNN, champion of lockdowns, has this to say:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/07/europe/e ... index.html

TLDR

Even countries that had “near zero new cases” a few months ago are now coping with a surge in cases.

Cuz you know...that’s how coronaviruses behave. They tend to disappear during the summer and resurface during late fall/winter.   

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

From that same article:
As scientists have learned more about the virus -- especially the fact it is transmissible through airborne particles -- this fear has been felt acutely. "It will be very difficult to stop the virus spreading if lots of people are gathering indoors, sharing the same air," said Robert Busch, a senior lecturer in molecular immunology at the University of Roehampton.

Yea, let’s install INDOOR CAMERAS! Anyone violating 6 ft rule INDOORS gets thrown into jail - that should stop the virus. - A message brought to you by the same retards who think a vaccine will stop the CORONAVIRUS, from the family of viruses notorious for fast mutations.   
 
 

User avatar
Bard

Share      Unread post

User avatar
 
 
Posts: 40

Polar1ty » 20 Nov 2020, 10:57 am » wrote: It’s almost like there are other factors determining how many cases/capita there are (since that is the new obsession).
There is one factor that is driving the number of cases.  The ct (cycle threshold) of the PCR test was set to 40, which is guaranteed to cough out false positives.  But don't worry.  I heard on my local news that people should now get tested only if they have symptoms.  Of course, that will remove all of the false-positives from the equation, showing us all what we're really looking at.
 

User avatar
SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,626
Politics: Green

Sociopaths are dangerous but sometimes funny lol
The equal right of all men to the use of land is as clear as their equal right to breathe the air - it is a right proclaimed by the very fact of their existence. Henry George

User avatar
Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 523
Politics: Communist
Location: 51°55'58.4"N 4°28'12.2"E

Polar1ty » 20 Nov 2020, 10:54 am » wrote: Are you kidding me? I go out of my way to BREATHE on grannies whenever possible.
 
Yes, that's exactly why it's so important that scum like you should be forced to wear a face diaper... treating the most deadly plague in human history like some kind of joke while 0.00019% of the worlds population has already died in a year...it's incredibly selfish not to care about granny just because you want to go to a concert/game/bar/restaurant etc... nothing wrong with giving up fun if it can save lives..

 
 
I read the report put out by the bureaucracy

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

SJConspirator » 20 Nov 2020, 11:32 am » wrote: Sociopaths are dangerous but sometimes funny lol
The oligarchs behind the scam are losing their comedic value...fast

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

Jantje_Smit » 20 Nov 2020, 11:35 am » wrote: Yes, that's exactly why it's so important that scum like you should be forced to wear a face diaper... treating the most deadly plague in human history like some kind of joke while 0.00019% of the worlds population has already died in a year...it's incredibly selfish not to care about granny just because you want to go to a concert/game/bar/restaurant etc... nothing wrong with giving up fun if it can save lives..

We need to force every motorist to drive at 15 mph on the roads...that will save countless lives as well. No more collision deaths, other than a few stupid dogs run over on the driveway of course.   

User avatar
Bard

Share      Unread post

User avatar
 
 
Posts: 40

Polar1ty » 20 Nov 2020, 11:41 am » wrote: We need to force every motorist to drive at 15 mph on the roads...that will save countless lives as well. No more collision deaths, other than a few stupid dogs run over on the driveway of course. 

What about alcohol?  We could save a boatload of innocents if we just outlawed alcohol!

User avatar
Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 523
Politics: Communist
Location: 51°55'58.4"N 4°28'12.2"E

Polar1ty » 20 Nov 2020, 11:41 am » wrote: We need to force every motorist to drive at 15 mph on the roads...that will save countless lives as well. No more collision deaths, other than a few stupid dogs run over on the driveway of course. 
I have heard those kinds of 'arguments' before, making silly comparisons to make the life saving masks look ridiculous too... that won't work comrade, you get in a car out of your own free will while granny doesn't get a choice when you cough and sneeze all over her... time to accept reality and give up your dreams of going back to the good old 'normal'... good thing the senile hope & change saviour realizes that too... he'll sign a few executive orders to lock everyone up in their basement and force them to wear a face diaper so they're prepared for the long dark winter that's coming... a true progressive visonary at last...

 


 
I read the report put out by the bureaucracy

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 17,725
Politics: Theocratic
Location: cranium of a human

GeorgeWashington » 20 Nov 2020, 9:38 am » wrote: Eradicated...  until some sister **** throws a sheep in the mix

You're bound to have the rare outlier here and there. They always seem to mess up a simple plan.

Killing all the sheep probably wouldn't be appreciated either.

The chicken **** would start seeing sheep rapers all over their flock.

This is why we still have syphilis.


Please seat yourself.

I like the very things you hate.

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 17,725
Politics: Theocratic
Location: cranium of a human

Jantje_Smit » 20 Nov 2020, 12:05 pm » wrote: I have heard those kinds of 'arguments' before, making silly comparisons to make the life saving masks look ridiculous too... that won't work comrade, you get in a car out of your own free will while granny doesn't get a choice when you cough and sneeze all over her... time to accept reality and give up your dreams of going back to the good old 'normal'... good thing the senile hope & change saviour realizes that too... he'll sign a few executive orders to lock everyone up in their basement and force them to wear a face diaper so they're prepared for the long dark winter that's coming... a true progressive visonary at last...

Copied from another thread so you can't miss it.
------

The Great Barrington Declaration – As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection. 

 Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice. 

 Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

 Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza. 

 As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e.  the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity. 

 The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection. 

 Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals. 

 Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.

 On October 4, 2020, this declaration was authored and signed in Great Barrington, United States, by:

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Current signature count
637,337 concerned citizens
12,098 medical & public health scientists
35,151 medical practitioners

Signatures of scientists will be made public after verification and approval. With the current success of the campaign we have to ensure that the server remains available for signatures to be added. We will update this page with a static list of verified and approved signatures as time allows. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions here.
 
 


Please seat yourself.

I like the very things you hate.

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

Bard » 20 Nov 2020, 11:19 am » wrote: There is one factor that is driving the number of cases.  The ct (cycle threshold) of the PCR test was set to 40, which is guaranteed to cough out false positives.  But don't worry.  I heard on my local news that people should now get tested only if they have symptoms.  Of course, that will remove all of the false-positives from the equation, showing us all what we're really looking at.
Yes, and I'm sure that was a honest mistake, like the software 'glitches' from Dominion.

User avatar
supraTruth

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,777
Politics: Democratic
Location: Internet
Contact:

Polar1ty » 20 Nov 2020, 4:37 am » wrote: Moar lockdowns. Cuz that has worked out so well.
Not well, due to SPOILED RNC SCUM DELIBERATELY ignoring safe protocols.

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,295

supraTruth » 20 Nov 2020, 4:40 pm » wrote: Not well, due to SPOILED RNC SCUM DELIBERATELY ignoring safe protocols.
I see you have the trained mind to do anything to create an illuison of achievement against things uncontrollable in real time. Optics and statistical averages become seeing is believing and numbers don't lie(literal and figurative truths on a level field of denying life in plain sight when those in charge of translating actual results into factual estimations make the self evident look like a mystery tour cradle to grave throughout history so far.
Last edited by omh on 20 Nov 2020, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,543

Can you imagine being a dumb bimbo news anchor for a local station? Every day you walk into work, knowing all you have to do is:

1) Read some script about “new record number of Covid cases” on a teleprompter
2) Pretend you give a **** (acting’s really important!)

User avatar
supraTruth

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,777
Politics: Democratic
Location: Internet
Contact:

Polar1ty » 20 Nov 2020, 5:01 pm » wrote: Can you imagine being a dumb bimbo news anchor for a local station? Every day you walk into work, knowing all you have to do is:

1) Read some script about “new record number of Covid cases” on a teleprompter
2) Pretend you give a **** (acting’s really important!)
You're a dumb bimbo.        

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,295

supraTruth » 20 Nov 2020, 5:14 pm » wrote: You're a dumb bimbo. :faint:   :die:   :clap:   :rofl:  
You are an intellectual bigot believing your character is a higher plane of existing while defying mutually adapting in space eternally timed apart now. History is filled with this species pretending the same thing socially, globally, ancestrally so far.

User avatar
supraTruth

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,777
Politics: Democratic
Location: Internet
Contact:

DeezerShoove » 20 Nov 2020, 1:07 pm » wrote: Copied from another thread so you can't miss it.
------

The Great Barrington Declaration – As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection. 

 Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice. 

 Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

 Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza. 

 As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e.  the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity. 

 The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection. 

 Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals. 

 Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.

 On October 4, 2020, this declaration was authored and signed in Great Barrington, United States, by:

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Current signature count
637,337 concerned citizens
12,098 medical & public health scientists
35,151 medical practitioners

Signatures of scientists will be made public after verification and approval. With the current success of the campaign we have to ensure that the server remains available for signatures to be added. We will update this page with a static list of verified and approved signatures as time allows. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions here.
Herd mentality kills ppl unnecessarily since vaccines are coming by Christmas or shortly there after.

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,295

supraTruth » 20 Nov 2020, 5:19 pm » wrote: Herd mentality kills ppl unnecessarily since vaccines are coming by Christmas or shortly there after.
heard mentality is ancestors picking sides ignoring how life works mutually evolving now willing to destroy competition of being in charge of next generations until extinction of the species.

I don't play life as a sports team. I adapt to things never remain the same total sum again.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Atomic blonde, Bidennextpresident, Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, Cedar, Famagusta, FOS, Google [Bot], Hank, Hmrider21, Ike Bana, Isabel, JeanMoulin, nefarious101, OdeToJoy, Pengwin, Pinterest [Bot], Polar1ty, RollingRock, SJConspirator, solon, Squatchman, Steve Jobs [Bot], thelion, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, Yahoo [Bot], Zeets2, zkyll8 and 250 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads