The Rossen Reports. COVID, Stimulous, etc.

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
2 posts
nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

No Trumpian spin no lib crap, just the truth! Subscribe now! KCRA.com
Rossen Reports: Can we ditch the masks?OK, who wants to look forward to something? In my chat with Dr. Amesh Adalja, from the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, we started looking ahead to when vaccines start getting distributed. Vaccine immunity? How long will it last and will we need more vaccines after we get the first one? Dr. Adalja says: “We assume that immunity is probably going to be at least a year. We have to follow people who get vaccinated in what’s called ‘natural history studies’ to see how long it lasts and if you need a booster. We have boosters for many shots, like for example, tetanus shots. So it isn’t uncommon to need one but we need to do the studies in order to know that.” Ditching the masks?When you hear 94% effectiveness in the Moderna vaccine and 95% effectiveness for Pfizer’s vaccine…it makes us feel like we’ll be able to go back to living life like we did before the pandemic. Dr. Adalja weighed in saying, “Once you’re vaccinated, you likely are impervious to infection if that’s what we’re seeing with the Modern and the Pfizer vaccine.” He says it will probably take some time for the population to get across that herd immunity threshold, so we may still have mask guidance out there until enough of the population gets vaccinated. He thinks we will be on the path to ditching masks and living pre-pandemic life again. Ah-mazing!THE LATEST: STIMULUS BILLI feel like a broken record. Everyone said, “Wait until after the Election. Washington will come together and pass something.” Well, we’re a few weeks after. Financial expert Pete Dunn has been following the updates closely, so I asked him to weigh in on thisWhen can we expect another stimulus deal?Early February. That’s Dunn’s estimation. He says: “That is to suggest Congress can potentially come together after the new class is there in January.”His concern? 
  • The much-needed relief for the restaurant industry. 
  • Evictions. The eviction moratorium is expiring Dec. 31 but there was no financial impact behind the CDC action. Neither landlords nor tenants were given any money over these last few months. Yet, landlords aren’t getting rent from tenants. On Jan. 1 at 12:01 a.m. – they’re able to kick tenants out. If they don’t evict people, they’ll most likely demand back-rent for the last few months of no payment. “I think more than anything, from a financial perspective, that is the ticking time bomb right now.” says Dunn. 
COVID FATIGUE It’s no secret we’re all getting tired of this pandemic. Medical experts say it can take a toll on our mental health. But Dr. Adalja says this virus doesn’t care how tired we are. The more tired we are, the more we will relax social distancing and gathering in large groups. He says “the longer we keep this up, the more we’ll put our hospitals back in trouble. The only way to flatten this curve is to change our behaviors and follow the common sense recommendations that we’ve been pounding into people since the very beginning of this pandemic.” He means wearing masks and being smart about social distancing. There are ways to fight off the fatigue. UCLA Health has some tips: 
  • Take care of your body. Whether that’s getting more sleep, getting more nutrition in your meals or exercising more. 
  • Limit news intake. We know you need to stay up to date but too much of something can be tough. Take a couple breaks throughout the day from the news. And hey – you know I’ll keep you updated with my newsletter…so you always have me! 
  • Find new activities. Some activities like nature walks, yoga, or reading can lower your stress. 
  • Connect with others. Don’t forget your friends and family! Connections are good for the soul. So make sure you’re arranging video chats and calling your loved ones. 
  • Create new traditions. I love this one. Set aside a night for self-care that makes you feel emotionally good. Play games over facetime with friends. Or maybe do a weekly movie night with your family. Whatever the new tradition is, it will give you something to look forward to!
WHAT WE’RE WORKING ONThanksgiving Tips Debating whether or not to invite the whole family over for Thanksgiving? We all want to celebrate with our families but we’re worried. Who do you invite over? How many people can come? We’re talking to the experts on what precautions you should take. Plus, I got a great tip on how you should be serving the turkey and the side dishes this year. Watch for that tonight on TV and on
MY SPIN: Turn off your Fox Gnus if you want the truth!  

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

You "experts" don't know diddly squat, until you consult Rossen!
Does he not exist in your area? What is it?

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people