This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Olivaw » 13 Jan 2021, 4:05 pm » wrote: I’m one of the few Libs who was skeptical of impeachment this late but Republican speeches on the floor are driving me to support it. The arguments against are too weak.

.....But, straight from the job-security "script".

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
RollingRock » 13 Jan 2021, 4:15 pm » wrote: I'm against ALL violence, political or otherwise.  There are peaceful solutions if we take the time to find them.
I am not that pacifist but believe 99.9% of problems can be solved without bloodshed. 

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

RollingRock » 13 Jan 2021, 4:15 pm » wrote: I'm against ALL violence, political or otherwise.  There are peaceful solutions if we take the time to find them.
Last edited by Phoenix68.2.0 on 13 Jan 2021, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olivaw

Share      Unread post

Black Lives MatterDemocratic Party 1PPE Mask
Phoenix68.2.0 » 13 Jan 2021, 4:15 pm » wrote: .....But, straight from the job-security "script".
Totally.

Also the personal security script. That tends to happen when a leader commands his minions to assault members of Congress. 
The electoral college has voted. Biden won 306-232. Landslide!

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

BeerDemocratic Party 1Black Lives MatterUSA
Neo » 13 Jan 2021, 4:17 pm » wrote: I am not that pacifist but believe 99.9% of problems can be solved without bloodshed.
I'm not a complete pacifist.  There are some times one has to fight.  Most times, though, there are peaceful solutions.

Olivaw

Share      Unread post

You’re a better man than me, RR. There are days when I’d love to see someone punch Jim Jordan or Ted Cruz in the nose. Image  

Olivaw

Share      Unread post

Passes 232-197

Impeached X 2

Olivaw

Share      Unread post

The benefit of holding the trial during the next Senate is that Republicans won’t have the majority to suppress evidence like in the first.

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

BeerDemocratic Party 1Black Lives MatterUSA
Olivaw » 13 Jan 2021, 4:24 pm » wrote: You’re a better man than me, RR. There are days when I’d love to see someone punch Jim Jordan or Ted Cruz in the nose. Image
I certainly have my share of violent thoughts....  :mrgreen:    

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
RollingRock » 13 Jan 2021, 4:22 pm » wrote: I'm not a complete pacifist.  There are some times one has to fight.  Most times, though, there are peaceful solutions.
Agree. Had to fight on several occasions, always felt bad for the injuries I inflicted. They were justified and unavoidable but still felt some degree of empathy. Always try for peace.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Olivaw » 13 Jan 2021, 4:24 pm » wrote: You’re a better man than me, RR. There are days when I’d love to see someone punch Jim Jordan or Ted Cruz in the nose. Image
I would force AOC to watch Red Dawn on a loop for a week. Punch her? No.

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

RollingRock » 13 Jan 2021, 4:57 pm » wrote: I certainly have my share of violent thoughts....  Image

Between sex and violence my daydreams are like Rambo VIII, Behind the Green Door.

As yes, for the younger ones, I'm including one of two references needed.

Didn't know they had in DVD?  These damn kids and their modern technology.  We used to have to go to the sticky seats place...

Olivaw

Share      Unread post

Neo » 13 Jan 2021, 5:10 pm » wrote: I would force AOC to watch Red Dawn on a loop for a week. Punch her? No.
This reminds me of Clockwork Orange. 😮

https://blackcablondon.files.wordpress. ... hnique.jpg

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Neo » 13 Jan 2021, 5:10 pm » wrote: I would force AOC to watch Red Dawn on a loop for a week. Punch her? No.
I think we left you to guard Gitmo too long.

That's just utterly cruel.

BTW, I can force someone to jump from a tall building with a bag full of puppies on just four showings of Sid and Nancy or three of Run Lola Run...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tIuD5aqc4o

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Neo » 13 Jan 2021, 4:12 pm » wrote:
Olivaw » 13 Jan 2021, 4:09 pm » wrote: Seven Rs have voted Yea so far. Zero Dems have voted Nay so far. Not entirely a party line vote.

Pretty close. Senate has already said they won't go into emergency session to consider impeachment. While not completely unprecedented, convicting someone in the senate after they have left office is extremely rare. Doubt that will happen in this case. 

I get a big kick, outta that....people suggesting verbiage like extremely rare is gonna save their ***.
We're in a
goddamned extremely rare situation, currently....something entirely new....and, everyone was WARNED ABOUT THAT....THAT WE'RE DEALING WITH A WHOLE DIFFERENT KIND OF PRESIDENCY!!
Well.....
Spanky wanted to prove to everyone he could take-on the U.S. Government....and, WIN!!

Life is starting to make sense, again.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Phoenix68.2.0 » 13 Jan 2021, 5:37 pm » wrote: Image
I get a big kick, outta that....people suggesting verbiage like extremely rare is gonna save their ***.
We're in a
goddamned extremely rare situation, currently....something entirely new....and, everyone was WARNED ABOUT THAT....THAT WE'RE DEALING WITH A WHOLE DIFFERENT KIND OF PRESIDENCY!!
Well.....
Spanky wanted to prove to everyone he could take-on the U.S. Government....and, WIN!!

Used once in the 1860s is extremely rare.

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Phoenix68.2.0 » 13 Jan 2021, 5:37 pm » wrote: Image
We're in a
Well.....

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage