This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
Huey » 13 Jan 2021, 2:09 pm » wrote:
Misty » 13 Jan 2021, 2:04 pm » wrote: Eric Trump: " We need to march on the Capitol today."
Lara Trump: "We are going to take our country back."
Donald Trump Jr: "We're coming for you and we're going to have a good time doing it."
Mo Brooks: "Today is the day American patriots start taking down names and kicking ***."
Rudy Giuliani: "We will have a trial by combat."
I don't see the name Donald Trump associated with those comments.  I do see his name associated with this:

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.
Those are his surrogates Huey.
You have cherry picked one sentence out of a long speech.
He also told the crowd to “walk down to the Capitol,” adding, “You will never take back our country with weakness.”

Nevermind all the stuff he said on Twitter before January 6th.
He Tweeted, "Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!"

Trump fomented that violence with his lies.
For three months he lied to his fans by telling them that the election was stolen from him.
Then he told them that Mike Pence and Congress could refuse to certify the Electoral College votes on January 6th and hand him the presidency.
None of that was true.

ON JANUARY 20TH WE WILL SAY GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE ONE TERM,
TWICE IMPEACHED PRESIDENT, WHO LOST THE POPULAR VOTE TWICE.

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Huey » 13 Jan 2021, 2:18 pm » wrote: Using the left's standards she incited violence.

I'm asking about your standards.  Did she call out for violence, yes or no?

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Misty » 13 Jan 2021, 2:18 pm » wrote: Those are his surrogates Huey.
You have cherry picked one sentence out of a long speech.
He also told the crowd to “walk down to the Capitol,” adding, “You will never take back our country with weakness.”

Nevermind all the stuff he said on Twitter before January 6th.
He Tweeted, "Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!"

Trump fomented that violence with his lies.
For three months he lied to his fans by telling them that the election was stolen from him.
Then he told them that Mike Pence and Congress could refuse to certify the Electoral College votes on January 6th and hand him the presidency.
None of that was true.
No, I am inserting the one sentence you ignore.  I have posted the link to the transcipt to this thread.  Use it to support your argument.

If Trump did so did the Waters, and the congress women from MA is just posted about.  Become consistent and call for their expulsion.  Calling for unrest in the streets after months of violence in the streets, in your eyes, is not inciting violence?  But calling for a peaceful march is?  That is twisted.

no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

Huey

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 13 Jan 2021, 2:20 pm » wrote: I'm asking about your standards.  Did she call out for violence, yes or no?

After months of riots and violence, yes. If it was a year earlier, no.  
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Huey » 13 Jan 2021, 2:24 pm » wrote: After months of riots and violence, yes. If it was a year earlier, no.

So, both the history of what has happened, what is known, and what someone says must be looked at in context.  The history of someone saying things in the past as well as in the moment?

Are we in agreement?

Huey

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 13 Jan 2021, 2:28 pm » wrote: So, both the history of what has happened, what is known, and what someone says must be looked at in context.  The history of someone saying things in the past as well as in the moment?

Are we in agreement?
yes.  But none of you, have as yet, posted what should be considered inciting violence.  It was also revealed that those who stormed the Capitol weren’t at the rally.  The breach begin at 12:53.  They began gathering there hours earlier.  Trump was still speaking.  He still had 20 minutes to go.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... eline.html 

omh

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 13 Jan 2021, 2:16 pm » wrote: I'm applying your standards evenly, which you can so far not accept.

My standards are different than yours...

I follow natural kinetic standards intellect doesn't make up. Now I have to obey man made standards to get alone with corrupted social identities that won't tolerate complete answers to why everything got so corrupted ancestrally present and no sign of it ending without extinction removing the species.

I understand why and how humanity developed human minds historically as ancestrally present.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Huey » 13 Jan 2021, 2:33 pm » wrote: yes.  But none of you, have as yet, posted what should be considered inciting violence.  It was also revealed that those who stormed the Capitol weren’t at the rally.  The breach begin at 12:53.  They began gathering there hours earlier.  Trump was still speaking.  He still had 20 minutes to go.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... eline.html

@Misty  if those who stormed the capitol were at the capitol for hours and not at a speech given 14 blocks away, how exactly did trump's speech incite them?

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Huey » 13 Jan 2021, 1:21 pm » wrote:

Maxine Waters must be impeached for inciting violence

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Okay, and why do you think that particular speech is the thing that makes the difference?

If people were at the Capitol, three hours before as you say, then I guess they weren't there for Trump's speech but for something else, and then they turned violent.  What provoked that and does Trump share any responsibility for calling in his hard-core supporters to be there on that day for what turned into insurrection at the U.S. Capitol?

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Huey » 13 Jan 2021, 2:39 pm » wrote: @Misty  if those who stormed the capitol were at the capitol for hours and not at a speech given 14 blocks away, how exactly did trump's speech incite them?
Why do you think that one speech must be the cause?

Sounds like most of them didn't hear it nor were they interested.

omh

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 13 Jan 2021, 2:43 pm » wrote: Okay, and why do you think that particular speech is the thing that makes the difference?

If people were at the Capitol, three hours before as you say, then I guess they weren't there for Trump's speech but for something else, and then they turned violent.  What provoked that and does Trump share any responsibility for calling in his hard-core supporters to be there on that day for what turned into insurrection at the U.S. Capitol?

optics for MSM done by those arranging the Biden election victory, by hook or crook as their mentality goes along with by any means necessary as it is better to seek forgiveness than ask permission.".

Isn't that labelled persuasion of power, not power of suggestion.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 13 Jan 2021, 2:43 pm » wrote: Okay, and why do you think that particular speech is the thing that makes the difference?

You forgot some of that post:

But none of you, have as yet, posted what should be considered inciting violence.  It was also revealed that those who stormed the Capitol weren’t at the rally.  The breach begin at 12:53.  They began gathering there hours earlier.  Trump was still speaking.  He still had 20 minutes to go.

I don't know what provoked.  The argument is that speech provoked.  But, according to the timeline, from the NYTs, they weren't at the speech.  So it is up to you to tell me what incited him.  Wasn't the speech.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 13 Jan 2021, 2:44 pm » wrote: Why do you think that one speech must be the cause?

Sounds like most of them didn't hear it nor were they interested.

Because most on the left are referencing that speech.  As well as Guilani who also spoke.

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Huey » 13 Jan 2021, 2:47 pm » wrote: You forgot some of that post:

But none of you, have as yet, posted what should be considered inciting violence.  It was also revealed that those who stormed the Capitol weren’t at the rally.  The breach begin at 12:53.  They began gathering there hours earlier.  Trump was still speaking.  He still had 20 minutes to go.

I don't know what provoked.  The argument is that speech provoked.  But, according to the timeline, from the NYTs, they weren't at the speech.  So it is up to you to tell me what incited him.  Wasn't the speech.
What's say we actually read the Article of Impeachment, eh?

https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicil ... 011121.pdf

Last edited by Pengwin on 13 Jan 2021, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

Huey » 13 Jan 2021, 1:21 pm » wrote: Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.

And the left will be calling you a racist in 3...2...1...
BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 13 Jan 2021, 2:52 pm » wrote: What's say we actually read the Article of Impeachment, eh?

" =23.3333px In the months preceding the Joint Ses-=23.3333px3=23.3333pxsion, President Trump repeatedly issued false statements =23.3333px4=23.3333pxasserting that the Presidential election results were the =23.3333px5=23.3333pxproduct of =23.3333pxwidespread fraud and should not be accepted =23.3333px6=23.3333pxby =23.3333pxthe American people or certified by State or Federal =23.3333px7=23.3333pxofficials. Shortly before the Joint Session commenced, =23.3333px8=23.3333pxPresident Trump addressed a crowd at the Ellipse in =23.3333px9=23.3333pxWashington, DC. There, he reiterated false claims that =23.3333px‘‘we won this election, and we won it by a landslide’’. He =23.3333px10=23.3333pxalso willfully made statements that, in context, encour-=23.3333px11=23.3333pxaged—and foreseeably resulted in—lawless action at the =23.3333px12=23.3333pxCapitol, such as: ‘‘if you don’t fight like hell you’re not =23.3333px13=23.3333pxgoing to have a country anymore’’. Thus incited by Presi-=23.3333px14=23.3333pxdent Trump, members of the crowd he had addressed, in =23.3333px15=23.3333pxan attempt to, among other objectives, interfere with the =23.3333px16=23.3333pxJoint Session’s solemn constitutional duty to certify the =23.3333px17=23.3333pxresults of the 2020 Presidential election, unlawfully =23.3333pxbreached and vandalized the Capitol, injured and killed =23.3333px19=23.3333pxlaw enforcement personnel, menaced Members of Con-=23.3333px20=23.3333pxgress, the Vice President, and Congressional personnel, =23.3333px21=23.3333pxand engaged in other violent, deadly, destructive, and sedi-=23.3333px22=23.3333pxtious acts. =23.3333px23=23.3333pxPresident Trump’s conduct on January 6, 2021, fol-=23.3333px24=23.3333pxlowed his prior efforts to subvert and obstruct the certifi-=23.3333px25=23.3333px4 =23.3333pxcation of the results of the 2020 Presidential election. =23.3333px1=23.3333pxThose prior efforts included a phone call on January 2, =23.3333px2=23.3333px2021, during which President Trump urged the =23.3333pxsecretary =23.3333px3=23.3333pxof state of Georgia, Brad Raffensperger, to ‘‘find’’ enough =23.3333px4=23.3333pxvotes to overturn the Georgia Presidential election results =23.3333px5=23.3333pxand threatened Secretary Raffensperger if he failed to do =23.3333px6=23.3333pxso. =23.3333px7=23.3333pxIn all this, President Trump gravely endangered the =23.3333px8=23.3333pxsecurity of the United States and its institutions of Gov-=23.3333px9=23.3333pxernment. He threatened the integrity of the democratic =23.3333px10=23.3333pxsystem, interfered with the peaceful transition of power, =23.3333px11=23.3333pxand imperiled a coequal branch of Government. He there-=23.3333px12=23.3333pxby betrayed his trust as President, to the manifest injury =23.3333px13=23.3333pxof the people of the United States. "

And it continues...

So you are telling me all of these Dem house members blaming the speech are incorrect.  I am listening to it as we speak

Huey

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 13 Jan 2021, 2:52 pm » wrote: What's say we actually read the Article of Impeachment, eh?

The first thing that pops out is discussing the speech.

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Huey » 13 Jan 2021, 2:54 pm » wrote: So you are telling me all of these Dem house members blaming the speech are incorrect.  I am listening to it as we speak

It gets mentioned, as does the past history of other things he has said.  We agreed that counts, correct?

Huey

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 13 Jan 2021, 2:56 pm » wrote: It gets mentioned, as does the past history of other things he has said.  We agreed that counts, correct?

But they are not discussing them.