This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Isabel

Share      Unread post

Members of Congress gave ‘reconnaissance’ tours a day before attack on U.S. Capitol, Rep. Mikie Sherrill says

A New Jersey congresswomen said Tuesday she witnessed members of Congress lead “reconnaissance” tours the day before a deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol by supporters of President Donald Trump

U.S. Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-11th Dist., made the comments during  a 13-minute Facebook live Tuesday night in which she outlined what Congress is doing to hold those responsible for the attempted insurrection while criticizing colleagues she alleges incited the violence in an attempt to overturn the results of the presidential election. 

“We can’t have a democracy if members of Congress are actively helping the president overturn the elections results,” Sherrill said.“And so not only do I intend to see that the president is removed and never runs for office again and doesn’t have access to classified material, I also intend to see that those members of Congress who abetted him; those members of Congress who had groups coming through the Capitol that I saw on Jan. 5 – a reconnaissance for the next day; those members of Congress that incited this violent crowd; those members of Congress that attempted to help our president undermine our democracy; I’m going to see they are held accountable, and if necessary, ensure that they don’t serve in Congress.”

Sherrill, a former U.S. Navy helicopter pilot and federal prosecutor, didn’t name any lawmakers who she alleged are responsible or say who was a part of the groups. She serves on the House Armed Services Committee.

Five people were killed in the attack, including a U.S. Capitol police officer who grew up in South River.
The U.S. House of Representatives approved a resolution late Tuesday  calling on Vice President Mike Pence and the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to the Constitution to declare the president unable to serve.

Members of Congress gave ‘reconnaissance’ tours a day before attack on U.S. Capitol, Rep. Mikie Sherrill says - nj.com

Republicans - The Party of Political Terrorism

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

Isabel » 14 Jan 2021, 12:32 am » wrote: Members of Congress gave ‘reconnaissance’ tours a day before attack on U.S. Capitol, Rep. Mikie Sherrill says

A New Jersey congresswomen said Tuesday she witnessed members of Congress lead “reconnaissance” tours the day before a deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol by supporters of President Donald Trump

U.S. Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-11th Dist., made the comments during  a 13-minute Facebook live Tuesday night in which she outlined what Congress is doing to hold those responsible for the attempted insurrection while criticizing colleagues she alleges incited the violence in an attempt to overturn the results of the presidential election. 

“We can’t have a democracy if members of Congress are actively helping the president overturn the elections results,” Sherrill said.“And so not only do I intend to see that the president is removed and never runs for office again and doesn’t have access to classified material, I also intend to see that those members of Congress who abetted him; those members of Congress who had groups coming through the Capitol that I saw on Jan. 5 – a reconnaissance for the next day; those members of Congress that incited this violent crowd; those members of Congress that attempted to help our president undermine our democracy; I’m going to see they are held accountable, and if necessary, ensure that they don’t serve in Congress.”

Sherrill, a former U.S. Navy helicopter pilot and federal prosecutor, didn’t name any lawmakers who she alleged are responsible or say who was a part of the groups. She serves on the House Armed Services Committee.

Five people were killed in the attack, including a U.S. Capitol police officer who grew up in South River.
The U.S. House of Representatives approved a resolution late Tuesday  calling on Vice President Mike Pence and the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to the Constitution to declare the president unable to serve.

Members of Congress gave ‘reconnaissance’ tours a day before attack on U.S. Capitol, Rep. Mikie Sherrill says - nj.com
You’re **** gullible, Bessie.

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

Isabel » 14 Jan 2021, 12:32 am » wrote: Members of Congress gave ‘reconnaissance’ tours a day before attack on U.S. Capitol, Rep. Mikie Sherrill says

The count of dead is now "6," I hear.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa

SCUM!
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Cedar

Share      Unread post

supraTruth » 14 Jan 2021, 1:48 pm » wrote: The count of dead is now "6," I hear.
1 Cop with a stroke
1 Cop offed himself a few days after riot
1 rioter with terminal lead poisoning
1 rioter with a heart attack
1 rioter with a stroke
1 rioter with collapsed reason unknown.

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Cedar » 14 Jan 2021, 2:25 am » wrote: You’re **** gullible, Bessie.
Nope, U are;https://www.newsweek.com/gop-rep-paul-g ... ot-1561201 :

Among these are GOP Representative Paul Gosar's siblings, who are asking for their brother to be expelled from office."The message to my brother is that, you know, he must resign, if not be expelled, from Congress," Jennifer Gosar told CNN's Alisyn Camerota."The point in time to reach my brother, I think that's been past. I know that at this point, the most that we can do as citizens, as constituents, as the public, demand that the members of Congress involved be held accountable, and that includes expulsion," she added. "To my brother, I think the time is up. It's time to acknowledge the hurt and the hate."Newsweek subscription offers >Paul Gosar, a staunch Trump ally, has been one of the lawmakers identified by far-right activist Ali Alexander as being instrumental in helping plan the January 6 insurrection.Alexander, who has identified himself as the individual who came up with the idea of storming of the Capitol, has told the press that he was regularly in contact with Paul Gosar, as well as Republican Representatives Andy Briggs and Mo Brooks.Jennifer said she believes her brother was directly involved with the events that transpired at the U.S. Capitol from his regular contact with Alexander, his attendance and speech at the "Stop the Steal" rally that occurred before the riot and his contesting of the election results on the congressional floor.She and her other brother, Tim Gosar, said they are not surprised by their sibling's involvement due to his "pretty right-wing to extremist" background. "This has been a pattern of conduct, Alisyn, for as long as Paul has been a politician," Tim said on Wednesday.Image"I would hearken people back to the start of his congressional career, where he was a birther, where he was saying that President Obama was an illegitimate president and not a U.S. citizen. He called the pope a leftist politician. In 2016, when President Trump won, he said elections have consequences. Get over it. 2017, he said that George Soros was a Nazi sympathizer and gave up his people to the Nazis," he elaborated to CNN.ImageArizona GOP Rep. Paul Gosar questions Gregory Monahan during the House Natural Resources Committee hearing on "Unanswered Questions About the U.S. Park Police's June 1 Attack on Peaceful Protesters at Lafayette Square" on July 28, 2020 in Washington, D.C. Gosar's siblings are calling for his removal from office after a "Stop the Steal" organizer identified the congressman as being involved in the January 6 Capitol riot.BILL CLARK/AFPTim, who said his brother "played a big role" in the Capitol riot, said that the congressman has "lost sight of what character and integrity mean.""He peddles in rumor, he peddles in propaganda and he lies consistently to the American people and to his constituents," Tim added.This is not the first time the representative's family has spoken out against him. In 2018, six of Paul's siblings put out a campaign against his re-election in Arizona's 4th congressional district.Tim said he is inclined to push for further action because Paul has "become more extreme, more radical, more dangerous," especially in his response to the coronavirus pandemic."Even before the election, he was telling people that COVID was overblown. That it was going to go away by the election. Suggesting that it was a hoax. That's dangerous," Tim said.Arizona emerged as a COVID-19 hot spot during the summer and the state is once again facing a surge in infections. As of January 13, Arizona's department of health has reported over 641,000 confirmed cases and more than 10,000 deaths.Newsweek reached out to Paul Gosar for comment but did not hear back before publication.

Cedar

Share      Unread post

supraTruth » 14 Jan 2021, 1:56 pm » wrote: Nope, U are;https://www.newsweek.com/gop-rep-paul-g ... ot-1561201 :

Among these are GOP Representative Paul Gosar's siblings, who are asking for their brother to be expelled from office."The message to my brother is that, you know, he must resign, if not be expelled, from Congress," Jennifer Gosar told CNN's Alisyn Camerota."The point in time to reach my brother, I think that's been past. I know that at this point, the most that we can do as citizens, as constituents, as the public, demand that the members of Congress involved be held accountable, and that includes expulsion," she added. "To my brother, I think the time is up. It's time to acknowledge the hurt and the hate."Newsweek subscription offers >Paul Gosar, a staunch Trump ally, has been one of the lawmakers identified by far-right activist Ali Alexander as being instrumental in helping plan the January 6 insurrection.Alexander, who has identified himself as the individual who came up with the idea of storming of the Capitol, has told the press that he was regularly in contact with Paul Gosar, as well as Republican Representatives Andy Briggs and Mo Brooks.Jennifer said she believes her brother was directly involved with the events that transpired at the U.S. Capitol from his regular contact with Alexander, his attendance and speech at the "Stop the Steal" rally that occurred before the riot and his contesting of the election results on the congressional floor.She and her other brother, Tim Gosar, said they are not surprised by their sibling's involvement due to his "pretty right-wing to extremist" background. "This has been a pattern of conduct, Alisyn, for as long as Paul has been a politician," Tim said on Wednesday.Image"I would hearken people back to the start of his congressional career, where he was a birther, where he was saying that President Obama was an illegitimate president and not a U.S. citizen. He called the pope a leftist politician. In 2016, when President Trump won, he said elections have consequences. Get over it. 2017, he said that George Soros was a Nazi sympathizer and gave up his people to the Nazis," he elaborated to CNN.ImageArizona GOP Rep. Paul Gosar questions Gregory Monahan during the House Natural Resources Committee hearing on "Unanswered Questions About the U.S. Park Police's June 1 Attack on Peaceful Protesters at Lafayette Square" on July 28, 2020 in Washington, D.C. Gosar's siblings are calling for his removal from office after a "Stop the Steal" organizer identified the congressman as being involved in the January 6 Capitol riot.BILL CLARK/AFPTim, who said his brother "played a big role" in the Capitol riot, said that the congressman has "lost sight of what character and integrity mean.""He peddles in rumor, he peddles in propaganda and he lies consistently to the American people and to his constituents," Tim added.This is not the first time the representative's family has spoken out against him. In 2018, six of Paul's siblings put out a campaign against his re-election in Arizona's 4th congressional district.Tim said he is inclined to push for further action because Paul has "become more extreme, more radical, more dangerous," especially in his response to the coronavirus pandemic."Even before the election, he was telling people that COVID was overblown. That it was going to go away by the election. Suggesting that it was a hoax. That's dangerous," Tim said.Arizona emerged as a COVID-19 hot spot during the summer and the state is once again facing a surge in infections. As of January 13, Arizona's department of health has reported over 641,000 confirmed cases and more than 10,000 deaths.Newsweek reached out to Paul Gosar for comment but did not hear back before publication.
I imagine he’ll be arrested any day now. :rofl:

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Cedar » 14 Jan 2021, 1:55 pm » wrote: 1 Cop with a stroke
1 rioter with a stroke
https://people.com/politics/pro-trump-r ... ican-flag/
Footage Shows Pro-Trump Rioter Beating Police Officer with American Flag 

Videos show members of the U.S. Capitol Police and D.C.'s Metropolitan Police Department being beaten, dragged and kicked during confrontations with rioters last Wednesday when the Capitol was breached and vandalized.
At the time of the attack, lawmakers were working to certify the Electoral College results and confirm President-elect Joe Biden as the victor of the 2020 election.One disturbing clip, obtained by CNN, shows a rioter on the Capitol Hill steps beating a police officer with a stick that had the American flag on the other end. Another video shows an officer getting dragged and pulled down the steps where he appeared to get stomped on and hit with a flag pole.Last Thursday, before he resigned as U.S. Capitol Police Chief, Steven Sund said in a statement that more than 50 officers with the USCP and MPD sustained injuries during the attack, and several USCP officers were hospitalized with serious injuries.At least five people have died, including USCP officer Brian D. Sicknick, who suffered injuries during the riot and later died. One woman was fatally shot by a USCP officer while trying to leap through a broken window to gain access to the House chamber. That officer has been placed on leave.
...less than 48 hours after the siege, Trump praised the rioters, calling them "patriots" on Twitter. The president has since been permanently suspended from Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms.ImageOfficer Brian D. Sicknick USCPOn Monday, Officer Sicknick's family released a statement mourning the death of the 42-year-old. Sicknick died at 9:30 p.m. last Thursday from injuries he sustained "while physically engaging with protesters" at the riots.

Cedar

Share      Unread post

supraTruth » 14 Jan 2021, 2:07 pm » wrote: https://people.com/politics/pro-trump-r ... ican-flag/
Footage Shows Pro-Trump Rioter Beating Police Officer with American Flag 

Videos show members of the U.S. Capitol Police and D.C.'s Metropolitan Police Department being beaten, dragged and kicked during confrontations with rioters last Wednesday when the Capitol was breached and vandalized.
At the time of the attack, lawmakers were working to certify the Electoral College results and confirm President-elect Joe Biden as the victor of the 2020 election.One disturbing clip, obtained by CNN, shows a rioter on the Capitol Hill steps beating a police officer with a stick that had the American flag on the other end. Another video shows an officer getting dragged and pulled down the steps where he appeared to get stomped on and hit with a flag pole.Last Thursday, before he resigned as U.S. Capitol Police Chief, Steven Sund said in a statement that more than 50 officers with the USCP and MPD sustained injuries during the attack, and several USCP officers were hospitalized with serious injuries.At least five people have died, including USCP officer Brian D. Sicknick, who suffered injuries during the riot and later died. One woman was fatally shot by a USCP officer while trying to leap through a broken window to gain access to the House chamber. That officer has been placed on leave.
...less than 48 hours after the siege, Trump praised the rioters, calling them "patriots" on Twitter. The president has since been permanently suspended from Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms.ImageOfficer Brian D. Sicknick USCPOn Monday, Officer Sicknick's family released a statement mourning the death of the 42-year-old. Sicknick died at 9:30 p.m. last Thursday from injuries he sustained "while physically engaging with protesters" at the riots.
This must be bitter sweet for you, Sicknick was a Trump supporter. :rofl:

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Cedar » 14 Jan 2021, 2:10 pm » wrote: This must be bitter sweet for you, Sicknick was a Trump supporter. Image
U laugh?  Par for the course for u RNC tRump cultist scum.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Cedar » 14 Jan 2021, 1:55 pm » wrote: 1 Cop with a stroke
1 rioter with a stroke
Wondering what the blm fatalities would be if we counted every KFC eating mother **** that died while marching for the cause. Has to be in the hundreds if not thousands if you count those that died of covid19 they caught while rioting. 

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

solon

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

You are a moron Cedar the house is not OPEN for tours because of COVID. What were these guys DOING showing the VERY people who later stormed teh capital the building?

Isabel

Share      Unread post

Keep squealing in terrified denial, DicklessCedar.

Republicans - The Party of Political Terrorism

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Neo » 14 Jan 2021, 2:15 pm » wrote: Wondering what the blm fatalities would be if we counted every KFC eating mother **** that died while marching for the cause. Has to be in the hundreds if not thousands if you count those that died of covid19 they caught while rioting.
Imagine the COVID hospitalization cases in D. C. in the next weeks from tRump's Insurrection Mob riots' spread.  U RNC scum should all be arrested & indicted for deliberately spreading this DEADLY pandemic.

Last edited by supraTruth on 14 Jan 2021, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solon

Share      Unread post

Any congressslime who aided the mob in any way needs to be expelled then prosecuted to the full extent of the law

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

supraTruth » 14 Jan 2021, 1:56 pm » wrote: Nope, U are;https://www.newsweek.com/gop-rep-paul-g ... ot-1561201 :

Well that seals his fate.  After all, it's not likely someone accused of a crime would try to make **** up about a member of Congress to get himself off.  Nah...that would NEVER happen.

solon

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 14 Jan 2021, 2:48 pm » wrote: Well that seals his fate.  After all, it's not likely someone accused of a crime would try to make **** up about a member of Congress to get himself off.  Nah...that would NEVER happen.
And law enforcement has NEVER seen that tactic before and would be taken in immediatly by it RIGHT? There is NO CHANCE they would be ready for EXACTLY that and have policies in place that would force him to give them EVIDENCE woutd they?

Your WEAK attempt at satire was WEAK

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

solon » 14 Jan 2021, 2:50 pm » wrote: And law enforcement has NEVER seen that tactic before and would be taken in immediatly by it RIGHT? There is NO CHANCE they would be ready for EXACTLY that and have policies in place that would force him to give them EVIDENCE woutd they?

Your WEAK attempt at satire was WEAK

Have they produced any evidence against a member or charged a member?

I didn't think so.

Dr. Sliptinschit

Share      Unread post

supraTruth » 14 Jan 2021, 1:48 pm » wrote: The count of dead is now "6," I hear.

You forgot to say ¨ including a U.S. Capitol police officer¨

solon

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 14 Jan 2021, 3:01 pm » wrote: Have they produced any evidence against a member or charged a member?

I didn't think so.
A NON point first of all they only STARTED the investigations also we are saying this looks strange we have SHOWN EVIDENCE this is strange no one is saying hang them BEFORE an investigation. GOD you TreasonMonkeys are stupid