This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
I love this stuff. Amagansett Press is one of my all time favorites - he rocks it. Big Nick with South Florida Accountability is also a hoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA7EOAyNFuM

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Ah, okay?

"First Amendment audits are a largely American social movement that usually involves photographing or filming a public space."

"One auditor stated goal of an audit is to "put yourself in places where you know chances are the cops are going to be called. Are they going to uphold the constitution, uphold the law . . . or break the law?"[51] Auditors state that they seek to educate the public that photography is not a crime, while publicizing cases where officers illegally stop what is perceived as illegal conduct.[52][53]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_audits

Do they also peek up skirts? No expectation of privacy in a public setting...

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

ACLU - Know your rights

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/p ... -a-protest

"I found one long-time law enforcement professional’s response to be particularly instructive:
Honestly, as a law enforcement professional for the past twenty years, I have seen my share of video cameras, and baiting of law enforcement. At no time have I felt a threat when someone with a camera was filming me, my police station, or anything to do with us as law enforcement. Remember, the audits are carefully planned to remain in a place that they can legally be, and there is no law about recording activity or buildings from a public place. They are well within their rights to do so, and from my experience, the best response to an audit roaming around your police station public areas is to ignore them. They eventually lose interest and move on to somewhere they can make headlines.1
https://www.cirsa.org/news/first-amendm ... your-town/

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 14 Mar 2021, 4:21 pm » wrote: Ah, okay?

"First Amendment audits are a largely American social movement that usually involves photographing or filming a public space."

"One auditor stated goal of an audit is to "put yourself in places where you know chances are the cops are going to be called. Are they going to uphold the constitution, uphold the law . . . or break the law?"[51] Auditors state that they seek to educate the public that photography is not a crime, while publicizing cases where officers illegally stop what is perceived as illegal conduct.[52][53]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_audits

Do they also peek up skirts? No expectation of privacy in a public setting...
Some of the worst ones probably do. And they get themselves into trouble.

But there are some damned fine auditors out there. The sample I provided is an auditor for whom I have immense respect.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 14 Mar 2021, 4:28 pm » wrote: ACLU - Know your rights

"I found one long-time law enforcement professional’s response to be particularly instructive:

That is a smart, boring cop - the enemy of first amendment auditors who want clicks.

We need more smart, boring cops - and auditors are helping us to get them.

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Pengwin » 14 Mar 2021, 4:28 pm » wrote: ACLU - Know your rights

ACLU doesn't defend rights. At least, not all of them.

Blutarski

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Cannonpointer » 14 Mar 2021, 4:16 pm » wrote: I love this stuff. Amagansett Press is one of my all time favorites - he rocks it. Big Nick with South Florida Accountability is also a hoot.

Those 'Public Servants" look extremely under staffed and over worked....don't they...?

My first impression is that these "Public Servants" don't want the public they serve filming.... THE TAX PAYER FUNDED GRAVY TRAIN RIDE that these Ladies don't seem to be very proud of.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Blutarski » 07 Apr 2021, 10:40 am » wrote: Those 'Public Servants" look extremely under staffed and over worked....don't they...?

My first impression is that these "Public Servants" don't want the public they serve filming.... THE TAX PAYER FUNDED GRAVY TRAIN RIDE that these Ladies don't seem to be very proud of.

The least popular guest at any gravy train event is the Witness Who Will Not Lie.

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Cannonpointer » 14 Mar 2021, 4:16 pm » wrote: I love this stuff. Amagansett Press is one of my all time favorites - he rocks it. Big Nick with South Florida Accountability is also a hoot.

So, I wonder if this kind of thing becomes overbearing (well-intentioned as it may be),
could a backlash ordinance come about?

A nuisance or loitering type thing. Or am I, as a private citizen, able to claim some type of grievance?

I just wonder if this is doing good or ultimately something bad?
We've already got over a million laws... A million and one should just about fix this.

Blutarski

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

DeezerShoove » 07 Apr 2021, 10:43 pm » wrote: So, I wonder if this kind of thing becomes overbearing (well-intentioned as it may be),

A nuisance or loitering type thing. Or am I, as a private citizen, able to claim some type of grievance?

We've already got over a million laws... A million and one should just about fix this.

It is a Slippery Slope to say that you MUST have business that relates   to ONLY the services that are provided at  the Government office you are standing in..

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
DeezerShoove » 07 Apr 2021, 10:43 pm » wrote: So, I wonder if this kind of thing becomes overbearing (well-intentioned as it may be),

The butt hurt of local municipalities is not going to nullify settled supreme court case law.

For my money, these guys are doing the work of the angels.

The ******* are the ones cucking for the cops and bending over backwards to make them think their **** doesn't stink - cowards like you and me. :)

Don't hang me out, ***.

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Cannonpointer » 07 Apr 2021, 11:21 pm » wrote: The butt hurt of local municipalities is not going to nullify settled supreme court case law.

For my money, these guys are doing the work of the angels.

The ******* are the ones cucking for the cops and bending over backwards to make them think their **** doesn't stink - cowards like you and me. Image

Don't hang me out, ***.

I just don't trust people that think they're "in power".
Your angels are exposing a crack in their wall. You like it. But they don't.

Some hard-*** will try to find a way to seal that crack. That's all I was getting at.

Our public servants are sometimes (I'm being nice here...) forgetful about who they "serve".

They need less protection, i.e. unions, and more terminations
for conduct unbecoming a government employee (read: servant of the people).

Rude, slow, incompetent, haughty. I don't give a **** what color the person is.
**** is ****. **** 'em if they didn't realize they have to deal with people.

Maybe there wouldn't be a trend to "audit" the **** if they weren't all better than us pissants... :wave:  

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
DeezerShoove » 08 Apr 2021, 2:46 pm » wrote: I just don't trust people that think they're "in power".
Your angels are exposing a crack in their wall. You like it. But they don't.

Some hard-*** will try to find a way to seal that crack. That's all I was getting at.

Our public servants are sometimes (I'm being nice here...) forgetful about who they "serve".

They need less protection, i.e. unions, and more terminations
for conduct unbecoming a government employee (read: servant of the people).

Rude, slow, incompetent, haughty. I don't give a **** what color the person is.
**** is ****. **** 'em if they didn't realize they have to deal with people.

Maybe there wouldn't be a trend to "audit" the **** if they weren't all better than us pissants... Image

Until "they" seal the crack, these auditors have my full support. More so, after the crack is sealed.

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Cannonpointer » 08 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm » wrote: Until "they" seal the crack, these auditors have my full support. More so, after the crack is sealed.

I'm sure there will be push back and the way they try to keep people out will be scrutinized.
My neighborhood went through some malarkey with the locals. A variance to code having to do with gas flare burnoffs.
That has to do with excess gas hindering oil well discharge rates. Old wells can start to have higher gas to oil ratios.
So they must burn off more of the nuisance gas to make the well profitable. 

They were going to extend AND increase the volume to the variance to code allowances.
It was during Christmas holidays.
A **** disaster for the company when 10 carloads of people showed up.
Gee, no behind closed doors paperwork shuffle?

The point being that pushback works.
If they start to ban people from the people's buildings, it can get awkward.
I'm not against what these people are trying to do at all. Please take note of that.

It gets borderline creepy when those "angels" begin to seem like attention whores, though.
I can see why the ladies would wonder what the **** are these outsiders doing.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
DeezerShoove » 08 Apr 2021, 3:18 pm » wrote: I'm sure there will be push back and the way they try to keep people out will be scrutinized.
My neighborhood went through some malarkey with the locals. A variance to code having to do with gas flare burnoffs.
That has to do with excess gas hindering oil well discharge rates. Old wells can start to have higher gas to oil ratios.
So they must burn off more of the nuisance gas to make the well profitable. 

They were going to extend AND increase the volume to the variance to code allowances.
It was during Christmas holidays.
A **** disaster for the company when 10 carloads of people showed up.
Gee, no behind closed doors paperwork shuffle?

The point being that pushback works.
If they start to ban people from the people's buildings, it can get awkward.
I'm not against what these people are trying to do at all. Please take note of that.

It gets borderline creepy when those "angels" begin to seem like attention whores, though.
I can see why the ladies would wonder what the **** are these outsiders doing.

The push back is what makes the films entertaining. Happily, most of the record is never shown because it is boring.

You do not want to live in a country where pulling out a camera attracts the attention of a political officer, there to decide what backgrounds are threatening to state power.

And that is what is being documented - that, precisely. The right to see is the right to document And rights are like muscles - use them or lose them. These folks are using them. That there might" be "pushback" is of no moment. Their actions ARE pushback - against a state monopoly on the ability to record.

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Cannonpointer » 08 Apr 2021, 3:41 pm » wrote: The push back is what makes the films entertaining. Happily, most of the record is never shown because it is boring.

You do not want to live in a country where pulling out a camera attracts the attention of a political officer, there to decide what backgrounds are threatening to state power.

And that is what is being documented - that, precisely. The right to see is the right to document And rights are like muscles - use them or lose them. These folks are using them. That there might" be "pushback" is of no moment. Their actions ARE pushback - against a state monopoly on the ability to record.

Are there Audit Angels in places where it is a trifle less
"little old lady in a white Christian rural community"?

Some 'hoods with some stank on 'em...

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
DeezerShoove » 08 Apr 2021, 4:05 pm » wrote: Are there Audit Angels in places where it is a trifle less
"little old lady in a white Christian rural community"?

Some 'hoods with some stank on 'em...

Yeah, there are. There are auditors who work the hood and watch the cops for violations, rather than merely proving they have a right to film a post office. There are bonafide cholos doing this ****.

Here's a guy **** hard with a cop - go to one minute in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkIrqhoR3M