This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
FOS » 07 Apr 2021, 8:49 am » wrote: you have to remember that they were also dealing with a hostile mob. This reasonably distracted them.
Don't think that small group was much of a threat, they stayed out of it and remained on the sidewalk. They were a distraction but it didn't rise to a level of interference. 

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

Neo » 07 Apr 2021, 9:51 am » wrote: Don't think that small group was much of a threat, they stayed out of it and remained on the sidewalk. They were a distraction but it didn't rise to a level of interference.
but that is exactly my point. They were a distraction. Without the mob, the police may have been able to pay more attention to the state of floyd.

It is unreasonable to expect people to be superhuman when accusing them of negligence. Humans do have limits.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
FOS » 07 Apr 2021, 9:52 am » wrote: but that is exactly my point. They were a distraction. Without the mob, the police may have been able to pay more attention to the state of floyd.
Agree, they were a distraction. 

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker

FOS » 07 Apr 2021, 9:52 am » wrote: but that is exactly my point. They were a distraction. Without the mob, the police may have been able to pay more attention to the state of floyd.
The top cop said chauvin did it wrong.   That is the bottom line

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Vegasgiants » 07 Apr 2021, 9:53 am » wrote: The top cop said chauvin did it wrong.   That is the bottom line
That's an opinion. 

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Neo » 07 Apr 2021, 10:01 am » wrote: That's an opinion.
It is expert testimony and I give it far greater weight than the opinion of someone who is not even a cop

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Abatjour » 07 Apr 2021, 6:53 am » wrote:  
@Neo  @Vegas giants  @Blutarski  @Cannonpointer  @Blue Devil  @Taipan  ... just some additional facts/info to consider for this case:

You appear - I don't want to assume, but you APPEAR - to believe I favor the sort of treatment the now-dead ape received.

If that is true, please disabuse yourself of that silliness.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
FOS » 07 Apr 2021, 6:57 am » wrote: you have to be able to push air through your vocal chord in order to speak.

His statement would only be correct on some absurd technicality. Like sure, you can speak while having cardiac arrest.

Being able to "push air through your vocal chords" and "getting enough air for optimal well being" inhabit different solar systems.

FOS

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 07 Apr 2021, 12:44 pm » wrote: Being able to "push air through your vocal chords" and "getting enough air for optimal well being" inhabit different solar systems.

but so does the latter and death.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
FOS » 07 Apr 2021, 12:48 pm » wrote: but so does the latter and death.

Until a guy is ODing on fentanil. Then they're in the same room.

Abatjour

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Cannonpointer » 07 Apr 2021, 12:42 pm » wrote: You appear - I don't want to assume, but you APPEAR - to  
Well bossman you appear to be very, incorrect, as I merely felt like since you were dedicated to coming to the rescuuuuuuuu of my critics here then you, too, deserves to blessed with having more factual info relative to this legal scenario  :D  

Abatjour

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 07 Apr 2021, 12:53 pm » wrote: Until a guy is ODing on fentanil.
Or ---a guy who is being lynched by a, cop, who blames the death on ODing on fetanil

FOS

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 07 Apr 2021, 12:53 pm » wrote: Until a guy is ODing on fentanil. Then they're in the same room.

something unknown to the cop at that time.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Abatjour » 07 Apr 2021, 1:02 pm » wrote: Or ---a guy who is being lynched by a, cop, who blames the death on ODing on fetanil

Lynched implies intent. The actual charge does not allege intent but depraved indifference.

Once you go BEYOND the claims of the state prosecutor - who is always going to interpret the facts of the case in the most powerfully unfavorable light against the defendant, - you are in effeminate hyperventilation land.

And then you end up thinking that you and I are in fundamental disagreement, because I try to calm you down and get you to stop sobbing uncontrollably - to access your sac and walk like a man.

You need to go get a hug and then get back on your bike and ride like the wind. :)

Abatjour

Share      Unread post

Neo » 07 Apr 2021, 10:01 am » wrote: That's an opinion.

If your GM at your, workplace, said that you did something in a wrong way ... would your response be that that is a matter of opinion? and not a matter of workplace training expected of you?

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
FOS » 07 Apr 2021, 1:06 pm » wrote: something unknown to the cop at that time.
Unknown and unknowable, yes. That's an important legal standard - that he had no obvious duty to know or to assume or to be aware of such.

It does not comment on the propriety of chauvin's actions - and currently, the state has successfully painted a picture of impropriety.

Something tells me that picture is going to get a mustache painted on it in the upcoming phase of the trial.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Abatjour » 07 Apr 2021, 1:07 pm » wrote: If your GM at your, workplace, said that you did something in a wrong way ... would your response be that that is a matter of opinion? and not a matter of workplace training expected of you?
If my gm was testifying against me in court? Obviously. 

Abatjour

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 07 Apr 2021, 1:07 pm » wrote: Lynched implies intent.
Exactly. And the actual charge does not have to be about, intent, in order to show and to display the clear intent plus spotlight that annoying thing called consciousness of guilt ---you know, like you did NOT get to see in the vid Image  in a few sequences such as when Chauvin moves his knee from Floyd's neck to Floyd's shoulder after he saw EMT coming.
... in effeminate hyperventilation land.
Yes, a land, for those who trusted a Prosecutor with his own agenda ---over trusting what you see with your own eyes. Only a fool with no critical thinking skills, will assume that a Prosecutor did not miss a thing.
Remember Bossman, if he works for the local GOVT, it usually means he lacked the acumen-fortitude or mental-aptitude to get employed as a high profile atty who makes millions of dollars at some legendary Minneapolis law firm.
And then you end up thinking that you and I are in fundamental disagreement, because I try to calm you down and get you to stop sobbing uncontrollably - to access your sac and walk like a man.
uhhhh, no. we are in fundamental disagreement only because I have no, control, over your hallucinations in here. and yes, you do have plenty of those mufukrs in here too!

FOS

Share      Unread post

Abatjour » 07 Apr 2021, 1:17 pm » wrote: Exactly. And the actual charge does not have to be about, intent, in order to show and to display the clear intent plus spotlight that annoying thing called consciousness of guilt ---you know, like you did NOT get to see in the vid Image  in a few sequences such as when Chauvin moves his knee from Floyd's neck to Floyd's shoulder after he saw EMT coming.

Yes, a land, for those who trusted a Prosecutor with his own agenda ---over trusting what you see with your own eyes. Only a fool with no critical thinking skills, will assume that a Prosecutor did not miss a thing.
Remember Bossman, if he works for the local GOVT, it usually means he lacked the acumen-fortitude or mental-aptitude to get employed as a high profile atty who makes millions of dollars at some legendary Minneapolis law firm.

uhhhh, no. we are in fundamental disagreement only because I have no, control, over your hallucinations in here. and yes, you do have plenty of those mufukrs in here too!

dude...the EMT needed access to floyd neck to check pulse. you think cooperating with the EMT's job suggests awareness of guilt?

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Abatjour » 07 Apr 2021, 1:17 pm » wrote: Exactly. And the actual charge does not have to be about, intent, in order to show and to display the clear intent plus spotlight that annoying thing called consciousness of guilt ---you know, like you did NOT get to see in the vid Image  in a few sequences such as when Chauvin moves his knee from Floyd's neck to Floyd's shoulder after he saw EMT coming.

Where does that happen? What minute and second of the video? I'd like to verify your claim.

Link?