This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

They just got Floyd on video saying 'I took too much drugs' That's when he was still talking.
I don't understand why the defense brought that up.
It shows that he admitted to drug use, and that should have triggered to cops to offer help or at least get the **** off him!

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
AnnoyedLiberall » 07 Apr 2021, 2:17 pm » wrote: They just got Floyd on video saying 'I took too much drugs' That's when he was still talking.
It shows that he admitted to drug use, and that should have triggered to cops to offer help or at least get the **** off him!
He directly denied it twice when questioned. Perhaps they didn't hear him? I think they knew he was suffering an od but misjudged the severity. He also said he ate too much drugs, indicating ingestion rather than injection. That delivery method would slow down the effects of fentanyl.

Last edited by Neo on 07 Apr 2021, 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Neo » 07 Apr 2021, 2:23 pm » wrote: He directly denied it twice when questioned. Perhaps they didn't hear him? I think they knew he was suffering an od but misjudged the severity.

Well, I guess being prone on the concrete in handcuffs with about 300 pounds of cop on top of him made him have a come to Jesus moment and speak the truth.

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

AnnoyedLiberall » 07 Apr 2021, 2:25 pm » wrote: Well, I guess being prone on the concrete in handcuffs with about 300 pounds of cop on top of him made him have a come to Jesus moment and speak the truth.

lol why did you remove my point? how was it not a valid point?

Abatjour

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

FOS » 07 Apr 2021, 1:34 pm » wrote: dude...the EMT needed access to floyd neck to check pulse. you think cooperating with the EMT's job suggests awareness of guilt?
If what you say is true, that means Chauvin did the ridiculously-incompetent thing; he determined that the EMT would need only partial access to an unconscious human and not full access ---so he moved his knee from an unconscious man's neck to an unconscious man's shoulder just in case that unconscious man continued to get violent.

Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Maybe that's not what he said?
There is some discussion now.

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

Abatjour » 07 Apr 2021, 2:47 pm » wrote: If what you say is true, that means Chauvin did the ridiculously-incompetent thing; he determined that the EMT would need only partial access to an unconscious human and not full access ---so he moved his knee from an unconscious man's neck to an unconscious man's shoulder just in case that unconscious man continued to get violent.

what is incompetent? People can wake up.

Abatjour

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 07 Apr 2021, 1:44 pm » wrote: Where does that happen? What minute and second of the video?
Go watch the video. Wait for when you see EMT arriving on the scene, watch how at that moment is when Chauvin moves his knee from neck to Floyd's shoulder.  You don't need anything from me, in order to do that so to gauge your own experience with the evidence instead of going by mines. That way, if you dispute my claim of what you see with your own eyes? We can then make it do what it do!  Image  

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Abatjour » 07 Apr 2021, 2:52 pm » wrote:
Cannonpointer » 07 Apr 2021, 1:44 pm » wrote: Where does that happen? What minute and second of the video?
Go watch the video

So, it doesn't? Or not that you can point to?

Just more of your hyperventilation?

Okay - thanks for verifying. Image

Abatjour

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 07 Apr 2021, 2:54 pm » wrote: So, it doesn't? Or not that you can point to?

Just more of your hyperventilation?

Okay - thanks for verifying. Image
just remember now ... no matter how many harlequinades you post, here, they will not alter the chain of events you refuse to go see in the vid.

Blutarski

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Abatjour » 07 Apr 2021, 2:52 pm » wrote: Go watch the video. Wait for when you see EMT arriving on the scene, watch how at that moment is when Chauvin moves his knee from neck to Floyd's shoulder.  You don't need anything from me, in order to do that so to gauge your own experience with the evidence instead of going by mines. That way, if you dispute my claim of what you see with your own eyes? We can then make it do what it do!  Image
You've no doubt  never seen someone who was passed out 1 minute suddenly wake up and become incredibly combative with EMTs the next moment because YOU HAVE NO STREET SMARTS.
I WILL BET that Chauvin has seen this  happen many times.

GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

Politics: Revolutionary

BeerPopcorn
AnnoyedLiberall » 07 Apr 2021, 2:17 pm » wrote: They just got Floyd on video saying 'I took too much drugs' That's when he was still talking.
I took too much drugs = I killed myself 

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

GeorgeWashington » 07 Apr 2021, 5:53 pm » wrote: I took too much drugs = I killed myself
It is the duty of a police officer to attend to a medical emergency.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Bidennextpresident » 07 Apr 2021, 8:48 pm » wrote: It is the duty of a police officer to attend to a medical emergency.
It's the duty of citizens not to roam the streets with lethal levels of fentanyl in their systems. It's the duty of citizens, when dying of the aforementioned overdose, to tell the truth to law enforcement. Just because someone is obviously high doesn't give the cops enough information to render appropriate aid. Narcan will do nothing to help someone overdosing on a non opiate drug.

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Neo » 07 Apr 2021, 8:52 pm » wrote: It's the duty of citizens not to roam the streets with lethal levels of fentanyl in their systems. It's the duty of citizens, when dying of the aforementioned overdose, to tell the truth to law enforcement. Just because someone is obviously high doesn't give the cops enough information to render appropriate aid. Narcan will do nothing to help someone overdosing on a non opiate drug.

Wrong. A police officer is obligated to attend to a medical emergency.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Bidennextpresident » 07 Apr 2021, 8:54 pm » wrote: Wrong. A police officer is obligated to attend to a medical emergency.
He was in attendance. They called for an ambulance and kept the overdose victim still until help arrived. The victim lied about being on drugs so no proactive treatment could be provided. He was combative and a potential danger to himself or others. The arrest was warranted. The restraint after resistance to arrest was justified. There were two minutes where he stopped responding that they should have moved the victim to a recovery position. 

Last edited by Neo on 07 Apr 2021, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Neo » 07 Apr 2021, 8:56 pm » wrote: He was in attendance. They called for an ambulance and kept the overdose victim still until help arrived.

Wrong. They delayed the call to paramedics.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Bidennextpresident » 07 Apr 2021, 8:57 pm » wrote: Wrong. They delayed the call to paramedics.
Wrong. They were called before they tried to put him in the truck.

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Neo » 07 Apr 2021, 9:00 pm » wrote: Wrong. They were called before they tried to put him in the truck.

No. He was basically dead when paramedics arrived.

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Trial showed police did not follow procedure in delay in calling paramedics.