This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Neo » 07 Apr 2021, 9:47 pm » wrote: Nope. First time I saw the video I was very disturbed, convinced I had just watched a cold blooded murder. Watched it a couple more times critically. Floyd was able to speak and move for most of the time. Then the footage came out before the arrest. Floyd was stoned out of his mind and deteriorating. He was overdosing on something.

uh huh, drugs n' stuff

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker

Neo » 07 Apr 2021, 9:47 pm » wrote: Nope. First time I saw the video I was very disturbed, convinced I had just watched a cold blooded murder. Watched it a couple more times critically. Floyd was able to speak and move for most of the time. Then the footage came out before the arrest. Floyd was stoned out of his mind and deteriorating. He was overdosing on something.
Your medical opinion is dismissed

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
FOS » 07 Apr 2021, 9:42 pm » wrote: Lol wow...I'm a lot bigger than chauvin
I wasn't aware there was that much of a weight disparity. In fact I believe a couple here said 300 pounds of weight on the knee. Hard for a buck forty guy to exert.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Vegasgiants » 07 Apr 2021, 9:49 pm » wrote: Your medical opinion is dismissed
Layman's observation appeal to authority boy.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Neo » 07 Apr 2021, 9:50 pm » wrote: Layman's observation appeal to authority boy.
Laymen observation against a medical expert

facts are facts

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

This is an admirable trait and a sign of actual critical thinking. 

Most people when they first see these videos assume it was murder. 

I don't...but that's because I'm an extreme racist. 

But if you can change your mind after seeing evidence...then you do have the ability to be objective...which is very rare.

I would just ask you one thing: have you noticed how often in all these cases the fault was actually with the black guy? 

Just some pattern recognition. 

GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

Politics: Revolutionary

BeerPopcorn
Bidennextpresident » 07 Apr 2021, 8:48 pm » wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 07 Apr 2021, 5:53 pm » wrote: I took too much drugs = I killed myself
It is the duty of a police officer to attend to a medical emergency.
Yes, that is his professional duty; however, he has no legal duty.  SCOTUS has ruled that police have no legal obligation to do anything for anyone.  

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

GeorgeWashington » 07 Apr 2021, 10:25 pm » wrote: Yes, that is his professional duty; however, he has no legal duty.  SCOTUS has ruled that police have no legal obligation to do anything for anyone.
Not aware of that Supreme Court decision. Testimony is that it is required by police in their district to attend to a medical emergency.

GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

BeerPopcorn
Bidennextpresident » 07 Apr 2021, 10:26 pm » wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 07 Apr 2021, 10:25 pm » wrote: Yes, that is his professional duty; however, he has no legal duty.  SCOTUS has ruled that police have no legal obligation to do anything for anyone.
Not aware of that Supreme Court decision. Testimony is that it is required by police in their district to attend to a medical emergency.
If the requirement is legal and not professional, then he would be charged under that statute. 

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

GeorgeWashington » 07 Apr 2021, 10:30 pm » wrote: If the requirement is legal and not professional, then he would be charged under that statute.
Not sure what you mean. Testimony has been that a police officer in that district is obligated to give first aid or call paramedics.

GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

BeerPopcorn
Bidennextpresident » 07 Apr 2021, 10:32 pm » wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 07 Apr 2021, 10:30 pm » wrote: If the requirement is legal and not professional, then he would be charged under that statute.
Not sure what you mean. Testimony has been that a police officer in that district is obligated to give first aid or call paramedics.
If it is a professional obligation(code of conduct violation) then he can only be fired for failing to perform his duty.  

If he is in violation of a municipal ordinance, then it can’t carry more than 90 days in jail. https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/412.231

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Abatjour » 07 Apr 2021, 4:17 pm » wrote: just remember now ... no matter how many harlequinades you post, here, they will not alter the chain of events you refuse to go see in the vid.

Just remember, the queer who makes a claim has the duty to provide the link and the time stamp. It's not on ME to validate YOUR claim, light weight. :)

Your homework does not become my homework simply because you have dick breath and a sense of entitlement.

Abatjour

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

GeorgeWashington » 07 Apr 2021, 11:09 pm » wrote: If it is a professional obligation(code of conduct violation) then he can only be fired for failing to perform his duty.  

If he is in violation of a municipal ordinance, then it can’t carry more than 90 days in jail. https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/412.231
IMHO you are potentially putting a band-aid over a 30mm HEI ammo's wound. Chauvin's illegalities here go far, far beyond him deserving only to be fired. He needs to receive life in  prison for fleecing his duties.

It goes back to his training. As in his training which the Police Chief failed to mention within his support for sending Chauvin to prison; at no point in the dept's training, does it instruct cops to use chokeholds to kill unarmed suspects. Only to subdue them. By which subduing suspects sadly introduces the expectation for Chauvin to then CONTINUALLY reassess the level of necessary force AND to alert paramedics AND doing so while immediately applying any life-saving aid in the meantime. Chauvin failed on all four (4) fronts: youtube.com/watch?v=-S7RJxFau84

And remember how lucky he is that the Prosecutor allowed him to exercise, White Privilege, by not delving into how Chauvin's act was potentially premeditated featuring Chauvin going many weeks lurking for a chance to lynch Floyd. Researching their relationship in the rowdy, partygoer's workplace they shared, would have easily uncovered that info.

Last edited by Abatjour on 08 Apr 2021, 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 6:36 am » wrote: Hes your buddy.  Lol
We completely disagree about issues of race. Find his prerogative ignorant and unhelpful as anyone preoccupied with race. That doesn't make him wrong about Floyd dying of an overdose. 

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Neo » 08 Apr 2021, 6:46 am » wrote: We completely disagree about issues of race. Find his prerogative ignorant and unhelpful as anyone preoccupied with race. That doesn't make him wrong about Floyd dying of an overdose.
He died of cancer.  No wait it was old age.

I love that you amateur doctors love to give medical opinions 

Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

GeorgeWashington » 07 Apr 2021, 5:53 pm » wrote: I took too much drugs = I killed myself 
I may have spoken too soon.
Later that same witness said he heard him say 'I ain't take no drugs'.
Also, let's not forget that one of the cops on the scene told the crowd 'this is why you don't do drugs, kids'.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 6:48 am » wrote: He died of cancer.  No wait it was old age.

I love that you amateur doctors love to give medical opinions
Your choices are a nine minute blood choke or fentanyl poisoning. Toxicology shows he had the fentanyl. Never heard of a nine minute blood choke. The face down position didn't help but the complaint seems to be focused on the knee.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Neo » 08 Apr 2021, 6:54 am » wrote: Your choices are a nine minute blood choke or fentanyl poisoning. Toxicology shows he had the fentanyl. Never heard of a nine minute blood choke. The face down position didn't help but the complaint seems to be focused on the knee.
And that is a medical opinion 

And you are not a doctor 

And those are facts 

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
AnnoyedLiberall » 08 Apr 2021, 6:51 am » wrote: I may have spoken too soon.
Later that same witness said he heard him say 'I ain't take no drugs'.
Also, let's not forget that one of the cops on the scene told the crowd 'this is why you don't do drugs, kids'.
I think they knew he was overdosing but weren't provided details by Floyd. Details that would have given them a life saving option. They had narcan and were trained in its use.