This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 31,730
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 6:55 am » wrote: And that is a medical opinion 

And you are not a doctor 

And those are facts
No, it's a choice between a fantastic claim and one supported by the toxicology report created by a real certified team of doctors and lab technicians. 
 

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 15,425
Politics: Classical Liberal

Neo » 07 Apr 2021, 9:50 pm » wrote: I wasn't aware there was that much of a weight disparity. In fact I believe a couple here said 300 pounds of weight on the knee. Hard for a buck forty guy to exert.
 
I made a post referencing '300 pounds of cop on his back'.
It was hyperbole.

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 9,287
Politics: Fascist

Neo » 08 Apr 2021, 6:54 am » wrote: Your choices are a nine minute blood choke or fentanyl poisoning. Toxicology shows he had the fentanyl. Never heard of a nine minute blood choke. The face down position didn't help but the complaint seems to be focused on the knee.

we could also say he was a covid death

User avatar
Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Track Star, Question Ducker
Track Star, Question Ducker
Posts: 5,899

Neo » 08 Apr 2021, 6:58 am » wrote: No, it's a choice between a fantastic claim and one supported by the toxicology report created by a real certified team of doctors and lab technicians.
No it is a medical determination.  That is a fact.  You can claim the moon is made of green cheese but you would be lying about that too.

User avatar
GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,432
Politics: Revolutionary
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Contact:

BeerPopcorn
AnnoyedLiberall » 08 Apr 2021, 6:51 am » wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 07 Apr 2021, 5:53 pm » wrote: I took too much drugs = I killed myself
I may have spoken too soon.
Later that same witness said he heard him say 'I ain't take no drugs'.
Also, let's not forget that one of the cops on the scene told the crowd 'this is why you don't do drugs, kids'.
If he said he took too much drugs then that is an admission that he knew it was a lethal dose, considering it was an opiate. 

If the cop heard him say that he took too much and that he didn’t take any, then the defense can argue that the cop, not knowing which is true, or what drugs he had taken, used his best judgment.  PCP, amphetamines, and other drugs can give the user the advantage in physical altercations. 

User avatar
GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,432
Politics: Revolutionary
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Contact:

BeerPopcorn
Abatjour » 08 Apr 2021, 6:28 am » wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 07 Apr 2021, 11:09 pm » wrote: If it is a professional obligation(code of conduct violation) then he can only be fired for failing to perform his duty.  

If he is in violation of a municipal ordinance, then it can’t carry more than 90 days in jail. https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/412.231
IMHO you are potentially putting a band-aid over a 30mm HEI ammo's wound. Chauvin's illegalities here go far, far beyond him deserving only to be fired. He needs to receive life in  prison for fleecing his duties.

It goes back to his training. As in his training which the Police Chief failed to mention within his support for sending Chauvin to prison; at no point in the dept's training, does it instruct cops to use chokeholds to kill unarmed suspects. Only to subdue them. By which subduing suspects sadly introduces the expectation for Chauvin to then CONTINUALLY reassess the level of necessary force AND to alert paramedics AND doing so while immediately applying any life-saving aid in the meantime. Chauvin failed on all four (4) fronts: youtube.com/watch?v=-S7RJxFau84

And remember how lucky he is that the Prosecutor allowed him to exercise, White Privilege, by not delving into how Chauvin's act was potentially premeditated featuring Chauvin going many weeks lurking for a chance to lynch Floyd. Researching their relationship in the rowdy, partygoer's workplace they shared, would have easily uncovered that info.
My comment was regarding the legal obligation of the officer to administer first aid and/or call paramedics. 

Police have no legal obligation to do anything for anyone, per SCOTUS.

User avatar
GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,432
Politics: Revolutionary
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Contact:

BeerPopcorn
I think Chauvin will walk.

1. Floyd had a lethal dose of drugs in his system.
2. There will be at least one juror that will find in his favor, either based on the evidence, or based on their own prejudice against the BLM movement.

User avatar
Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Track Star, Question Ducker
Track Star, Question Ducker
Posts: 5,899

GeorgeWashington » 08 Apr 2021, 8:48 am » wrote: I think Chauvin will walk.

1. Floyd had a lethal dose of drugs in his system.
2. There will be at least one juror that will find in his favor, either based on the evidence, or based on their own prejudice against the BLM movement.
I doubt it.  The ME ruled it a homicide and the cops have testified the restraint was unnecessary.  I think they find him guilty on the manslaughter charge 

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 15,425
Politics: Classical Liberal

GeorgeWashington » 08 Apr 2021, 8:43 am » wrote: If he said he took too much drugs then that is an admission that he knew it was a lethal dose, considering it was an opiate. 

If the cop heard him say that he took too much and that he didn’t take any, then the defense can argue that the cop, not knowing which is true, or what drugs he had taken, used his best judgment.  PCP, amphetamines, and other drugs can give the user the advantage in physical altercations. 
IT wasn't Chauvin who said it.
It was the witness for the BCA (Reyerson).
Defense counsel played a snippet of video and asked him what he heard Floyd say.
He then prompted "Did he say I ate too much drugs?".
Reyerson responded yes.
Prosecution countered with a longer portion of that video and asked Reyerson again what he heard.
Reyerson responded 'I ain't take no drugs'.
So, there is some confusion there.
I hope it gets addressed again when the defense takes over.

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 15,425
Politics: Classical Liberal

GeorgeWashington » 08 Apr 2021, 8:48 am » wrote: I think Chauvin will walk.

1. Floyd had a lethal dose of drugs in his system.
2. There will be at least one juror that will find in his favor, either based on the evidence, or based on their own prejudice against the BLM movement.
I have to agree with you.
All it takes is one juror.
Also, MN doesn't have the best record when it comes to convicting cops.
The only cop sent to jail was the Muslim who shot the pretty blonde lady.

User avatar
DennisTheMenace

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,771
Politics: Independent

AnnoyedLiberall » 08 Apr 2021, 6:58 am » wrote: I made a post referencing '300 pounds of cop on his back'.
It was hyperbole.
I'm guessing when one is face down on the asphalt with a knee on his neck and is handcuffed behind his back...It's not hyperbole. 
 

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 31,730
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
DennisTheMenace » 08 Apr 2021, 9:22 am » wrote: I'm guessing when one is face down on the asphalt with a knee on his neck and is handcuffed behind his back...It's not hyperbole. 
300 pounds from a skinny 140 pound cop is the definition of hyperbole. 
 

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 31,730
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
GeorgeWashington » 08 Apr 2021, 8:45 am » wrote: My comment was regarding the legal obligation of the officer to administer first aid and/or call paramedics. 

Police have no legal obligation to do anything for anyone, per SCOTUS.
That was a **** ruling but still the current law of the land.
 

User avatar
DennisTheMenace

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,771
Politics: Independent

Neo » 08 Apr 2021, 9:24 am » wrote: 300 pounds from a skinny 140 pound cop is the definition of hyperbole.
Are you claiming George Floyd weighed 300 pounds?  Let me guess, you are a regular contributor on Trucker Carlson's show?

Have you ever been handcuffed behind your back face down on the ground with a COP forcing his little "140" pound assed knee on the back of your neck?

Have you studied physics?  Do you know what leverage is?

By the way.  I'm guessing that little punk Chauvin is closer to 165. The power of the badge makes him seem much bigger than he really is.



 

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 31,730
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
DennisTheMenace » 08 Apr 2021, 9:39 am » wrote: Are you claiming George Floyd weighed 300 pounds?  Let me guess, you are a regular contributor on Trucker Carlson's show?

Have you ever been handcuffed behind your back face down on the ground with a COP forcing his little "140" pound assed knee on the back of your neck?

Have you studied physics?  Do you know what leverage is?

By the way.  I'm guessing that little punk Chauvin is closer to 165. The power of the badge makes him seem much bigger than he really is.
Let me say it in a way even you can comprehend. Chauvin weighed 140 pounds at the time of the arrest.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/key-takeaways ... d=76921803

AnnoyedLiberall said 300 pounds of weight pressed into Floyd's neck as hyperbole. She said as much.

You can guess all you like, the facts are known.
 

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 9,287
Politics: Fascist

Neo » 08 Apr 2021, 9:47 am » wrote: Let me say it in a way even you can comprehend. Chauvin weighed 140 pounds at the time of the arrest.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/key-takeaways ... d=76921803

AnnoyedLiberall said 300 pounds of weight pressed into Floyd's neck as hyperbole. She said as much.

You can guess all you like, the facts are known.

Was the knee even ever on the neck? I heard that the defense actually used evidence from the prosecution which clearly showed that the knee was not even on the neck

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 9,287
Politics: Fascist

it actually looks to me like the pressure from chauvin's knee here would be on floyd's upper back. Not even the neck.

Even if it were the neck, the back of the neck...nowhere near the cImage
 arotid artery as the prosecution is pretending.

User avatar
Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Track Star, Question Ducker
Track Star, Question Ducker
Posts: 5,899

FOS » 08 Apr 2021, 10:02 am » wrote: it actually looks to me like the pressure from chauvin's knee here would be on floyd's upper back. Not even the neck.

Even if it were the neck, the back of the neck...nowhere near the cImage
 arotid artery as the prosecution is pretending.
It certainly led to his death according to the medical examiner 

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 9,287
Politics: Fascist

Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 10:17 am » wrote: It certainly led to his death according to the medical examiner

there you go again, offering your input.

User avatar
Abatjour

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,855
Politics: Liberal
Location: Dumpster Fire

GeorgeWashington » 08 Apr 2021, 8:45 am » wrote: My comment was regarding the legal obligation of the officer to administer first aid and/or call paramedics. 

Police have no legal obligation to do anything for anyone, per SCOTUS.
It is the equivalent of a legal obligation if he signed off on it [providing basic aid to suspects he injures] within his police department. And that's why Chauvin should get convicted, with respect to testimonies of his superiors so far who had a reasonable expectation of Chauvin to treat Floyd humanely.
 
Last edited by Abatjour on 08 Apr 2021, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Al Donal, Alexa [Bot], Annoyed Liberall, Bidennextpresident, Bill Gates [Bot], Blutarski, Buffalo, Cannonpointer, Coolguy10013, Dr. Sliptinschit, FOS, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Hank, Ike Bana, Jantje_Smit, JeanMoulin, nefarious101, Neo, neue regel, Nighthawk, PaperLi [Bot], roadkill, RollingRock, Semrush [Bot], Smoove Chocolate, solon, sooted up Cyndi, Squatchman, supraTruth, Taipan, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, YacYak, Yahoo [Bot], Yandex [Bot], Zeets2 and 465 guests