This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

nefarious101 » 07 Apr 2021, 7:01 pm » wrote: United Airlines seeks to train 5,000 pilots by 2030, and wants half of them to be women and people of color
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/u ... r-BB1fmNqv
I read about that, what I missed was how many man in a dress pilots they are going to train..... United must be a transophobic airline...

Time for a boycott

:blink:  

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 7:07 am » wrote: You create a standard.  All that meet it get in the pool and women and minorities are given preference.

This is not top gun.  It's not that hard to become a pilot

Noted.  

neue regel

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 6:46 am » wrote: Post where I said that moron.

You **** liars think you can just say anything
I apologize if you weren’t one of the liberals who railed against the Georgia ID law. I redirect my comments to them. 

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker

neueregel » 08 Apr 2021, 7:33 am » wrote: I apologize if you weren’t one of the liberals who railed against the Georgia ID law. I redirect my comments to them.
I wish you guys would read the law.  Georgia had voter id before that law was created....you do know this dont you?

neue regel

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 7:07 am » wrote: You create a standard.  All that meet it get in the pool and women and minorities are given preference.

This is not top gun.  It's not that hard to become a pilot
Federal Antidiscrimination

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000e and following) prohibits employers from discriminating against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, and national origin (including membership in a Native American tribe). It also prohibits employers from retaliating against an applicant or employee who asserts his or her rights under the law. 

How can you know so little?

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

neueregel » 08 Apr 2021, 7:37 am » wrote: Federal Antidiscrimination

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000e and following) prohibits employers from discriminating against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, and national origin (including membership in a Native American tribe). It also prohibits employers from retaliating against an applicant or employee who asserts his or her rights under the law. 

How can you know so little?
That's nice.  Affirmative action is constitutional 

neue regel

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 7:39 am » wrote: That's nice.  Affirmative action is constitutional
“Despite these two major exceptions, employers may not use affirmative action to hire more minority employees solely to increase the diversity of their workforce. As a result, the Fisher case only applies to schools, not employers.”

https://www.spigglelaw.com/employment-b ... diversity/

Of course, that’s not to say United won’t institute their own policy and dare somebody to challenge them in court. 

Good luck to United selling the idea that the flight deck very well might have an affirmative action flight crew. That should really go well for them. 

Zeets2

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 6:27 am » wrote: How dare women and minorities be given a hand up?
When a person of ANY race or sex is given additional points on a test to qualify as a pilot, an air-traffic controller, a doctor, a surgeon, a cop, a fireman, or any of the dozens of other jobs where the public safety is concerned, THAT IS RACIST, SEXIST, AND IS ILLEGAL, and has been since the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  And white men are protected by those laws just as minorities or women are.

Do YOU want someone flying a plane you're on or a surgeon operating on you who was given additional points on their pilot's qualification test or their admission to medical school for having the right skin color or for being a woman, when white men who are more qualified are rejected?  Liberals are too dumb to acknowledge it, but our country is based on the belief of equal OPPORTUNITY, and NOT, a guarantee of equal OUTCOME!  Doing so is an illegal quota system, which stupid liberals will try to force on the country every time they're given the chance, and of course, the fake news media will NEVER call them out on it!

And dopes like you applaud it, until YOUR plane crashes or YOUR minority surgeon hurts or kills a patient like you or someone you care about!

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Zeets2 » 08 Apr 2021, 7:59 am » wrote: When a person of ANY race or sex is given additional points on a test to qualify as a pilot, an air-traffic controller, a doctor, a surgeon, a cop, a fireman, or any of the dozens of other jobs where the public safety is concerned, THAT IS RACIST, SEXIST, AND IS ILLEGAL, and has been since the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  And white men are protected by those laws just as minorities or women are.

Do YOU want someone flying a plane you're on or a surgeon operating on you who was given additional points on their pilot's qualification test or their admission to medical school for having the right skin color or for being a woman, when white men who are more qualified are rejected?  Liberals are too dumb to acknowledge it, but our country is based on the belief of equal OPPORTUNITY, and NOT, a guarantee of equal OUTCOME!  Doing so is an illegal quota system, which stupid liberals will try to force on the country every time they're given the chance, and of course, the fake news media will NEVER call them out on it!

And dopes like you applaud it, until YOUR plane crashes or YOUR minority surgeon hurts or kills a patient like you or someone you care about!
I want people being given a hand up.   There is a standard all pilots must meet.  If the women and minorities pass it they become pilots.  It's that simple.

This is not learning to fly the f16 in combat.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

neueregel » 08 Apr 2021, 7:58 am » wrote: “Despite these two major exceptions, employers may not use affirmative action to hire more minority employees solely to increase the diversity of their workforce. As a result, the Fisher case only applies to schools, not employers.”

https://www.spigglelaw.com/employment-b ... diversity/

Of course, that’s not to say United won’t institute their own policy and dare somebody to challenge them in court. 

Good luck to United selling the idea that the flight deck very well might have an affirmative action flight crew. That should really go well for them.
If united is hiring pilots and it looks at the list of QUALIFIED pilots and it chooses to seek diversity in their hiring then i have no problem with that

Qualified means qualified

Zeets2

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 8:01 am » wrote: I want people being given a hand up.   There is a standard all pilots must meet.  If the women and minorities pass it they become pilots.  It's that simple.

This is not learning to fly the f16 in combat.
No, it IS NOT that simple, you moron!  If a selected minority gets 10 points added to his test for being of a preferred race which raises his test score from a 75 to an 85, while a white male applicant scores an honest 84 on his test with NO points added, then tell me WHICH ONE IS MORE QUALIFIED?  

And only liberal dopes like you don't even recognize the fact Congress DOES NOT PERMIT THEMSELVES to follow that same affirmative action **** BECAUSE THEY FLY ON PRIVATE JETS WHICH DON'T ascribe to that kind of discrimination for themselves, ONLY FOR PEONS LIKE YOU AND ME!

Zeets2

Share      Unread post

FOS » 07 Apr 2021, 9:45 pm » wrote: Guess what airline I'll never fly on again?
Me neither!  United has now been crossed off my list, and I hope ever other American does the same!  I don't care if I have to tolerate non-direct flights or pay a few bucks extra for a ticket, I'm done with United!

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Zeets2 » 08 Apr 2021, 8:19 am » wrote: No, it IS NOT that simple, you moron!  If a selected minority gets 10 points added to his test for being of a preferred race which raises his test score from a 75 to an 85, while a white male applicant scores an honest 84 on his test with NO points added, then tell me WHICH ONE IS MORE QUALIFIED?  

And only liberal dopes like you don't even recognize the fact Congress DOES NOT PERMIT THEMSELVES to follow that same affirmative action **** BECAUSE THEY FLY ON PRIVATE JETS WHICH DON'T ascribe to that kind of discrimination for themselves, ONLY FOR PEONS LIKE YOU AND ME!
Wrong.  You must pass a basic qualification to be a pilot.  If you pass you are a pilot.  If not you're not.

neue regel

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 8:03 am » wrote: If united is hiring pilots and it looks at the list of QUALIFIED pilots and it chooses to seek diversity in their hiring then i have no problem with that

Qualified means qualified
Why are minorities and women having difficulty competing against white men for pilot jobs?

neue regel

Share      Unread post

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... SKBN2BT1FX

I could identify as a black female and get a scholarship. 🤔

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

neueregel » 08 Apr 2021, 8:30 am » wrote: Why are minorities and women having difficulty competing against white men for pilot jobs?
Because of centuries of discrimination against them

Zeets2

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 8:23 am » wrote: Wrong.  You must pass a basic qualification to be a pilot.  If you pass you are a pilot.  If not you're not.
And how does that work in your tiny brain if a non-white applicant failed the test with a grade of 60, but passed when given the additional 10 points because of his skin color, and he gets the job over a white who scored a legitimate 70 on the same test and was passed over so they could meet their minority quota?

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Zeets2 » 08 Apr 2021, 9:17 am » wrote: And how does that work in your tiny brain if a non-white applicant failed the test with a grade of 60, but passed when given the additional 10 points because of his skin color, and he gets the job over a white who scored a legitimate 70 on the same test and was passed over so they could meet their minority quota?
Dude you are not getting it.  United is choosing from the pool of already qualified pilots.  You have to be a pilot already before you can even apply

My god

Zeets2

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 08 Apr 2021, 9:23 am » wrote: Dude you are not getting it.  United is choosing from the pool of already qualified pilots.  You have to be a pilot already before you can even apply

My god
You're the moron who doesn't get it!  If United is choosing their pilots based on their test scores, and certain minorities are given an unearned 10 points additionally on that test because of their skin color, THEY ARE LESS QUALIFIED THAN OTHERS WHO LOST OUT BECAUSE THEY WERE WHITE!

Don't try to sugarcoat it, fool!  It's pure reverse discrimination, which is just as bad and just as illegal as if white men were given an advantage for THEIR skin color!  How can you be so blind not to be able to comprehend that simple fact?

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Zeets2 » 08 Apr 2021, 9:29 am » wrote: You're the moron who doesn't get it!  If United is choosing their pilots based on their test scores, and certain minorities are given an unearned 10 points additionally on that test because of their skin color, THEY ARE LESS QUALIFIED THAN OTHERS WHO LOST OUT BECAUSE THEY WERE WHITE!

Don't try to sugarcoat it, fool!  It's pure reverse discrimination, which is just as bad and just as illegal as if white men were given an advantage for THEIR skin color!  How can you be so blind not to be able to comprehend that simple fact?
Moron.  Listen closely

They are only choosing fully qualified pilots

Fully qualified