By Vegas
28 Apr 2021, 7:23 pm in No Holds Barred Political Forum
This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

No. 

Hypothesis: The number of gun deaths in America do not warrant a threat to America that should induce alarm. 

First, let me be specific to what I mean by a genuine threat by means of comparison. A current genuine threat to America would be the narcotics abuse throughout the country. This includes prescription drug addiction as well as illegal drugs. I want you to compare a ratio to you personally. How many of you , on a almost daily occurrence , have either directly or indirectly come across people who are addicted? This could be the homeless guy in passing, it could be a family member, a friend, a friend of a friend...Now, think about how often you come a cross a shooting. Compare the two. I am 50, I see addicts everywhere here, and I have never once witnessed a shooting. 

Therefore, when I say a genuine threat to America, I mean that the average American , on a regular basis, who is encountering this threat.. 

Let's start with some facts:

Fact 1: 61% of the gun deaths are from suicide, not some random shooting. This means that out of the 39,740 gun deaths in 2018, only 15,308 of the deaths were due to violent intentions toward others. Some of those were accidental. 

"There were 39,740 deaths from firearms in the U.S. in 2018. Sixty-one percent of deaths from firearms in the U.S. are suicides. In 2018, 24,432 people in the U.S. died by firearm suicide.1 Firearms are the means in approximately half of suicides nationwide."
https://health.ucdavis.edu/what-you-can ... nationwide.

Fact 2: The 15,308 makes up .004% of the population. Yes, the 4 is in the thousandths place, no typo. 

Fact 3: There are over 110 million gun owners in America, with over 300 million rounds of ammo.

Interpretation of these facts
Given these facts, I interpret this to mean that Americans are quite responsible with guns. .004% of the population is ridiculously small. It is so statistically irrelevant that it is not even worth mentioning. This makes sense give how rare it is that Americans, on average, come across a shooting. Our children aren't living in a society where they have run home everyday because they are dodging bullets. Mass shootings are extremely rare. They are so rare, that the news has to report them because it is 'new.' It's not an everyday thing. Gun deaths in America do not pose a genuine threat to Americans on average. Even the majority of the .004% are due to inner city gangs. The data does not support gun deaths as a threat. Period.

Conclusion
The data shows that American gun owners, overall, are responsible. .004% is not an alarming statistic. It's a laughable one. Our children are far more likely to run into someone who does drugs, are offered drugs, or get hooked on drugs. It's everywhere. It's in the inner city, it's in the upscale area, skid row, middle class..everywhere. Drug companies and docs contribute immensely to this problem.

In short, stop pushing gun laws and leave the second amendment alone for God sakes.

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

Millions have died from drugs. And this is largely because of the sackler family.

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

Politics: Libertarian

FOS » 29 Apr 2021, 1:33 am » wrote: Millions have died from drugs. And this is largely because of the sackler family.
Never heard of them.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Vegas » 28 Apr 2021, 7:23 pm » wrote: No. 

Hypothesis: The number of gun deaths in America do not warrant a threat to America that should induce alarm. 

First, let me be specific to what I mean by a genuine threat by means of comparison. A current genuine threat to America would be the narcotics abuse throughout the country. This includes prescription drug addiction as well as illegal drugs. I want you to compare a ratio to you personally. How many of you , on a almost daily occurrence , have either directly or indirectly come across people who are addicted? This could be the homeless guy in passing, it could be a family member, a friend, a friend of a friend...Now, think about how often you come a cross a shooting. Compare the two. I am 50, I see addicts everywhere here, and I have never once witnessed a shooting. 

Therefore, when I say a genuine threat to America, I mean that the average American , on a regular basis, who is encountering this threat.. 

Fact 1: 61% of the gun deaths are from suicide, not some random shooting. This means that out of the 39,740 gun deaths in 2018, only 15,308 of the deaths were due to violent intentions toward others. Some of those were accidental. 

"There were 39,740 deaths from firearms in the U.S. in 2018. Sixty-one percent of deaths from firearms in the U.S. are suicides. In 2018, 24,432 people in the U.S. died by firearm suicide.1 Firearms are the means in approximately half of suicides nationwide."

Fact 2: The 15,308 makes up .004% of the population. Yes, the 4 is in the thousandths place, no typo. 

Fact 3: There are over 110 million gun owners in America, with over 300 million rounds of ammo.

Given these facts, I interpret this to mean that Americans are quite responsible with guns. .004% of the population is ridiculously small. It is so statistically irrelevant that it is not even worth mentioning. This makes sense give how rare it is that Americans, on average, come across a shooting. Our children aren't living in a society where they have run home everyday because they are dodging bullets. Mass shootings are extremely rare. They are so rare, that the news has to report them because it is 'new.' It's not an everyday thing. Gun deaths in America do not pose a genuine threat to Americans on average. Even the majority of the .004% are due to inner city gangs. The data does not support gun deaths as a threat. Period.

Conclusion
The data shows that American gun owners, overall, are responsible. .004% is not an alarming statistic. It's a laughable one. Our children are far more likely to run into someone who does drugs, are offered drugs, or get hooked on drugs. It's everywhere. It's in the inner city, it's in the upscale area, skid row, middle class..everywhere. Drug companies and docs contribute immensely to this problem.

In short, stop pushing gun laws and leave the second amendment alone for God sakes.
When suicides are removed and look at the actual numbers we don’t have a problem.  

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Vegas » 28 Apr 2021, 7:23 pm » wrote: No. 

Conclusion

Gun deaths in America do not pose a genuine threat to Americans on average. Even the majority of the .004% are due to inner city gangs. The data does not support gun deaths as a threat.
Why Vegas is a domestic..

Statistically, having a gun in your home is more dangerous for you and your family, especially if you have young children or teens. A 2014 review in the Annals of Internal Medicine concluded having a firearm in the home, even when it’s properly stored, doubles your risk of becoming a victim of homicide and triples the risk of suicide.3

https://www.safewise.com/resources/guns-at-home/

You're a **** moron.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 29 Apr 2021, 6:33 am » wrote: When suicides are removed and look at the actual numbers we don’t have a problem.
You're a **** idiot..

The prevalence of guns in the community means incidents like robbery and other crimes are more likely to carry the risk of gun violence. In states that have “stand your ground” laws, Rand Corporation found even minor disagreements or physical altercations carried a greater risk of turning into violent crime. In short, gun ownership does not increase safety, and the prevalence of guns directly correlates with significantly greater risk of gun-related homicides and suicides.

ibid.

**** losers.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker

We have the highest gun death rate by far of any first world country. Addiction is treatable....a gun death is not. Gun control can reduce all gun deaths including suicides.

To suggest it is not a problem is to deny the obvious

Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the United States' gun-related murder rate is 25 times higher. And, even though the United States' suicide rate is similar to other countries, the nation's gun-related suicide rate is eight times higher than other high-income countries, researchers said.

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main ... key=193454

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9602401/

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 29 Apr 2021, 7:03 am » wrote: You're a **** idiot..

The prevalence of guns in the community means incidents like robbery and other crimes are more likely to carry the risk of gun violence. In states that have “stand your ground” laws, Rand Corporation found even minor disagreements or physical altercations carried a greater risk of turning into violent crime. In short, gun ownership does not increase safety, and the prevalence of guns directly correlates with significantly greater risk of gun-related homicides and suicides.

ibid.

**** losers.

There is my stalker.

.004%.  Think about that again.

And you can, in your own words, post your understanding of stand your ground laws.  THEN you may ask me questions. 

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 29 Apr 2021, 7:26 am » wrote: There is my stalker.

And you can, in your own words, post your understanding of stand your ground laws.  THEN you may ask me questions.
math is not, and never will be, your jam.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 29 Apr 2021, 7:26 am » wrote: There is my stalker.

There is my stalker.
Hey, vic

You got some outstandings...

Caught lying again.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 29 Apr 2021, 7:27 am » wrote: math is not, and never will be, your jam.
Then correct the OP.  

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 29 Apr 2021, 7:28 am » wrote:
Hey, vic

You got some outstandings...

Caught lying again.
Wrong thread.  Won't discuss that here.  But concerning what you were asked you are dismissed.  You have no clue about Stand your Ground law or doctrine. 

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

If we want to stop caring about something that causes 0.004% of US deaths we should eliminate fire depts and save a lot of money

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 29 Apr 2021, 7:28 am » wrote: Then correct the OP.  

I have..

Shot down the same stupid assumptions for the second time in about a week.

That number you think matters is a reflection of the broad REJECTION of ammosexuality. Ammosexuals are a small percentage of the population. Adjust the data accordingly and a more accurate and indisputably damning picture emerges.

This is why the NRA commanded you to object to physicians asking about the presence of a gun in the home..

Huey

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 29 Apr 2021, 7:33 am » wrote: If we want to stop caring about something that causes 0.004% of US deaths we should eliminate fire depts and save a lot of money

It is not a matter of not caring.  It is a matter of where the focus should be.  The focus should be in the urban areas areas where the most violent shootings occur.  

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 29 Apr 2021, 7:29 am » wrote: Wrong thread.  Won't discuss that here.  But concerning what you were asked you are dismissed.  You have no clue about Stand your Ground law or doctrine.
Dwarf,

Don't presume, **** coward.

You run from it everywhere.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

If we want to stop caring about something that causes 0.004% of US deaths we should eliminate traffic control and save a lot of money

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 29 Apr 2021, 7:35 am » wrote: It is not a matter of not caring.  It is a matter of where the focus should be.  The focus should be in the urban areas areas where the most violent shootings occur.
If the problem is SHOOTINGS then we need to do something about....uh..
the shooting things.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 29 Apr 2021, 7:34 am » wrote: I have..

Shot down the same stupid assumptions for the second time in about a week.

That number you think matters is a reflection of the broad REJECTION of ammosexuality. Ammosexuals are a small percentage of the population. Adjust the data accordingly and a more accurate and indisputably damning picture emerges.

This is why the NRA commanded you to object to physicians asking about the presence of a gun in the home..
I don't know any Ammosexuals.  Next, doctors asking that question is not part of the discussion. Just a BV diversion. 

You are unwilling to defend your initial comments:

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Huey » 29 Apr 2021, 7:35 am » wrote: It is not a matter of not caring.  It is a matter of where the focus should be.  The focus should be in the urban areas areas where the most violent shootings occur.
Why?  It's only 0.004% of the population?  Is that a lot?