This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

FOS » 03 May 2021, 11:07 pm » wrote: I know what YOU mean when you say corporatism...but I just can't stand it. TECHNICALLY Corporatism is a totally different thing...hate the word being used this way : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatism
technical 'corporatism' is fascist. It doesn't mean rule by corporate oligarchs.
The proper term is "corporatocracy" but it was the idiot libertarians who initially tried to appropriate the term "corporatism" to mean some kind of corporate plutocracy because they didn't want people pointing out the obvious (that "free markets" don't really exist anymore)

Libertarians always have this amusing sidestepping ritual where if you attempt to criticize the system, they will fall back on their talking points, and when you point out there aren't really "free markets" anymore, then they will agree with you (while neglecting the contradiction they were attempting to defend the status quo earlier)

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Abatjour » 02 May 2021, 2:32 am » wrote: looks like this guy won your sweepstakes here:

"Image
Leonine
1 day ago
 (Edited)
I'm a "millennial" but my values are more akin to the old school. I don't regard my cohort with much respect, they are lazy, entitled, and dont know how to do a damn thing for themselves. and their attitude sucks.I work hard and have learned a lot of skills.i make my own furniture, i forge knives and make wrought iron items. I've framed houses in 13*F weather, and i had fun doing it. i can weld, do electrical, spent years as a machinist. And i write code. And own and run a farm. and I have a small tech biz.So don't throw us all out with the bathwater."
If he can do all those things he's mediocre at all of them, lol. Nothing to brag about. I don't know why this is post-worthy.

Abatjour

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Polar1ty » 04 May 2021, 10:49 am » wrote: If he can do all those things he's mediocre at all of them 
Okay, I can respect that.  Now you go prove that he is, mediocre, and then I will delete my remarks since they will not be postworthy. Fair?  :D  

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Polar1ty » 04 May 2021, 10:49 am » wrote: If he can do all those things he's mediocre at all of them, lol. Nothing to brag about. I don't know why this is post-worthy.

There's a lot in those listed tasks I can say I've done myself.
Just because I made a few sticks of furniture or welded/repaired something doesn't make my life full.

I draw, paint and sculpt as well. Again, so what?

For people that don't do any of those things, I'm quite accomplished.  ;)  

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
FOS » 03 May 2021, 11:07 pm » wrote: I know what YOU mean when you say corporatism...but I just can't stand it. TECHNICALLY Corporatism is a totally different thing...hate the word being used this way : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatism
technical 'corporatism' is fascist. It doesn't mean rule by corporate oligarchs.

I virtually never use the word - though I might use it now, as it's handy.

I respond to idiots misusing it as "crony capitalism" or some such.

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

Polar1ty » 03 May 2021, 10:56 pm » wrote: Did you flatten it

Lol. I don't know, but it hurt like hell.

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

Lol. I don't know, but it hurt like hell.