This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Blutarski

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

sootedupCyndi » 01 May 2021, 12:28 pm » wrote: Hey speaking of changing a car oil.. Have you seen those things? its a hand pump... you stick it in the dipstick.. pump it. Once you get it going.. it goes on its own. And it takes all the oil out. A good one probably costs 80 bucks.. I've you tubed it.. the mechanics say it leaves no more in the pan then crawling underneath and draining it. It's a whole lot easier. I want one.. of course there is the filter issue... f- the filter.. do the filter every other time.. some cars a filter is easy to reach.. mine is by the wheel. ????? We have a small one for the wood splitter. Because squeezing your body underneath is pretty hard .. works good.  Blueto? what do you think?
Good Morning Cyndi.
I have heard of them, but you wont be able to syphon out the sediment as well as if you pull the drain plug. Some newer cars have made it difficult to do an oil change., but if I was barely scraping by financially there is no way I'm going to pay someone else $100 to do it for me. In fact I still do my own because I can rest assured that the drain plug was not over tightened or cross threaded by some DOPE HEAD LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR WORKING DOWN IN THE GREASE MONKEY PIT... Image  

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Vegas » 01 May 2021, 11:34 am » wrote: My work involves studying tuition costs, student debt, and over all cost of living. This is where my fellow righties infuriate me. It's not the same as it was back in our day. I could get myself through college, and work 40 hrs a week. It wasn't easy, it took me longer, but it was doable. That's impossible today. This is a huge reason why Millennials are struggling. The tuition costs today are 3.5 times that of inflation, and the cost of living is much higher. The wage growth has not kept up with inflation on top of that. Even if they get a useful degree, no entry level job is going to pay them proportional to what is needed to sustain their loans. They graduate with impossible debt, the cost of living is high, entry level jobs wont cover what they need to sustain their debt, and their credit scores will soon plummet because of it. They failed before they even got started.

I just wish that my fellow righties would drop the dogma like "well, I put myself through school, so...." Times change. Tuition wasn't 3.5 times inflation back then either. Wages were comparable.

I've never been one of those "kids these days" guys - and I still am not. I agree with your take - kids these days have it **** rough.

When I was a youngster, if you **** up your driver's license in one state, you could pass through the neighboring state to the next state and start over with a clean record and new insurance. America was still the land of the do-over, as it had been since it was settled by God-fearing Christian white people. That ended with Clinton, whose programs to end it met some laudable reduced traffic fatality numbers. But there was a cost. We are no longer a do-over country. We are a wear it on your face forever you bastard country.

Kids these days are born in debt. But they can and some do make a go of it.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
Blutarski » 01 May 2021, 12:49 pm » wrote: Good Morning Cyndi.
I have heard of them, but you wont be able to syphon out the sediment as well as if you pull the drain plug. Some newer cars have made it difficult to do an oil change., but if I was barely scraping by financially there is no way I'm going to pay someone else $100 to do it for me. In fact I still do my own because I can rest assured that the drain plug was not over tightened or cross threaded by some DOPE HEAD LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR WORKING DOWN IN THE GREASE MONKEY PIT... Image
The mechanics on you tube did tests..  They weren't selling them. That's why I asked. They say it's just as good. Very curious about it. I may get one and see... I just don't want a Chinese knock off. Here an oil change costs like 50. But its a pain in the arss….everyone is so busy these days..  it took me  weeks to get a sticker.  bunch of losers!!!

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

Blutarski » 01 May 2021, 12:09 pm » wrote: How many of your "hardship cases" spend $200 a week on prepared food that they are too lazy to prepare for themselves, have $100 / week dope / beer habits, spend $1400 / year to watch television, have $1000 cell phones and drive $15,000 cars that they pay others to wash for them and to change their oil for them because they are too lazy and pathetic to do it themselves...?

Hardly any of them do this. They don't have the money.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Vegas » 01 May 2021, 1:06 pm » wrote: Hardly any of them do this. They don't have the money.
Yes they do! I see cars lined up around the block.. at the food bank. Most driving. expensive suv's.  They all have cell phones... at the food line! I drive by in my old car and me pukes.  :wah:  

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 01 May 2021, 12:54 pm » wrote: I've never been one of those "kids these days" guys - and I still am not. I agree with your take - kids these days have it **** rough.

When I was a youngster, if you **** up your driver's license in one state, you could pass through the neighboring state to the next state and start over with a clean record and new insurance. America was still the land of the do-over, as it had been since it was settled by God-fearing Christian white people. That ended with Clinton, whose programs to end it met some laudable reduced traffic fatality numbers. But there was a cost. We are no longer a do-over country. We are a wear it on your face forever you bastard country.

Kids these days are born in debt. But they can and some do make a go of it.
"Kids these days are born in debt"

Built by design. The ethnic group notorious for inbreeding loves debt slavery - keeps the goyim compliant

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Cannonpointer » 01 May 2021, 12:43 pm » wrote: Steady diet of nig ****.

I take omega-3.
Now, I can remember to NOT smoke pole.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
DeezerShoove » 01 May 2021, 1:58 pm » wrote: I take omega-3.
Now, I can remember to NOT smoke pole.

It's a big one. Sometimes I find myself tonsils deep on a *** **** and I think, hey, mr. new years resolution...

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

sootedupCyndi » 01 May 2021, 1:14 pm » wrote: Yes they do! I see cars lined up around the block.. at the food bank. Most driving. expensive suv's.  They all have cell phones... at the food line! I drive by in my old car and me pukes.  Image
Filthy rich Rethuglirats go to the Food bank, because they love "free stuff" like everyone else!  And are tightwads. They enjoy taking food out of starving children's mouths! The BASTIDS! :twisted:  

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
nuckinfutz » 01 May 2021, 2:17 pm » wrote: Filthy rich Rethuglirats go to the Food bank, because they love "free stuff" like everyone else!  And are tightwads. They enjoy taking food out of starving children's mouths! The BASTIDS! Image
no I just cruise on by life.. nothing free. but it disgusts us... 

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

Politics: Libertarian

Cannonpointer » 01 May 2021, 2:00 pm » wrote: It's a big one. Sometimes I find myself tonsils deep on a *** **** and I think, hey, mr. new years resolution...
Not even Chaucer could top that one. lol.

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Cannonpointer » 01 May 2021, 2:00 pm » wrote: It's a big one. Sometimes I find myself tonsils deep on a *** **** and I think, hey, mr. new years resolution...

Fish oil, African semen...

They're probably both beneficial in their own ways.

In the end, you die no matter what. This gives me hope oddly.
No Dorian Gray for me.

Blutarski

Share      Unread post

Vegas » 01 May 2021, 1:06 pm » wrote: Hardly any of them do this. They don't have the money.
So the poor folks you see don't have $2000 worth of tattoos, piercings and nostril rings..?
Same goes for the lack of oil burning, exhaust system dragging the ground, running on 2 cylinders  "junker cars" nowadays....they aren't nearly as common as they were when I was a kid.
Yes there are extremely poor people, many of which are in that shape due to self inflicted trouble / bad decisions.

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

sootedupCyndi » 01 May 2021, 12:59 pm » wrote: The mechanics on you tube did tests..  They weren't selling them. That's why I asked. They say it's just as good. Very curious about it. I may get one and see... I just don't want a Chinese knock off. Here an oil change costs like 50. But its a pain in the arss….everyone is so busy these days..  it took me  weeks to get a sticker.  bunch of losers!!!
Cyndi, Bluto is right! You gotta pull the drain plug to get all the dirty sediment out of the old oil.You get metals and all kinds of corrosive sludge there. I used to use a magnetic drain plug, which would grab all the metal shavings there.
Get one of your Redneck buddies to do the job for you. They enjoy being dirty, and may expect sex in return from you! Hahaha
:lol:   :lol:   :lol:  You can always get 'your way' using your feminine wiles!
But I know you have principles.
:clap:  

Blutarski

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 01 May 2021, 12:59 pm » wrote: The mechanics on you tube did tests..  They weren't selling them. That's why I asked. They say it's just as good. Very curious about it. I may get one and see... I just don't want a Chinese knock off. Here an oil change costs like 50. But its a pain in the arss….everyone is so busy these days..  it took me  weeks to get a sticker.  bunch of losers!!!

Nobody from my Dad's Generation would buy a car that required dismantling a belly pan to get at the oil drain plug, or needing a dentist's mirror and a special set of tongs to grab the oil filter.
Auto mfgs can get away with these "maintenance scams"  with the effeminately raised, helpless, clueless,  "EASY COME EASY GO"  generations of today.
The most ridiculous scenario I've seen....some cars wont allow you to shift from park to neutral if the battery is dead. What if you need to push your car out of the middle of a busy intersection when the battery is dead..?
Well you need to jack the car up and physically disconnect the shift linkage, then take a wrench and manually shift the trans out of park..... :rolleyes:  
You can bet it took an "ALL INCLUSIVE  COMMITTEE OF CLUELESS, UNQUALIFIED, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION  LIBTARDS" to come up with such ridiculous nonsense.

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Blutarski » 01 May 2021, 3:08 pm » wrote: Nobody from my Dad's Generation would buy a car that required dismantling a belly pan to get at the oil drain plug, or needing a dentist's mirror and a special set of tongs to grab the oil filter.
Auto mfgs can get away with these "maintenance scams"  with the effeminately raised, helpless, clueless,  "EASY COME EASY GO"  generations of today.
The most ridiculous scenario I've seen....some cars wont allow you to shift from park to neutral if the battery is dead. What if you need to push your car out of the middle of a busy intersection when the battery is dead..?
Well you need to jack the car up and physically disconnect the shift linkage, then take a wrench and manually shift the trans out of park..... Image  
You can bet it took an "ALL INCLUSIVE  COMMITTEE OF CLUELESS, UNQUALIFIED, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION  LIBTARDS" to come up with such ridiculous nonsense.
I doubt it was the work of clueless, unqualified, AA libtards...more likely the machinations of Wall St to justify more profits while lowering the actual value provided.

Blutarski

Share      Unread post

Polar1ty » 01 May 2021, 3:21 pm » wrote: I doubt it was the work of clueless, unqualified, AA libtards...more likely the machinations of Wall St to justify more profits while lowering the actual value provided.
Are you saying you have never seen the TV commercials that proudly show the "ALL INCLUSIVE / GLOBAL COMMITTEE" of Design Engineers...?
 Who was on the bassackwards thinking, "Enlightened Progressive  Design Committee" that decided we should have to hit the START BUTTON TO TURN OFF our computers...?
Last edited by Blutarski on 01 May 2021, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Blutarski » 01 May 2021, 3:08 pm » wrote: Nobody from my Dad's Generation would buy a car that required dismantling a belly pan to get at the oil drain plug, or needing a dentist's mirror and a special set of tongs to grab the oil filter.
Well you need to jack the car up and physically disconnect the shift linkage, then take a wrench and manually shift the trans out of park..... Image  
I remember one day.... all the men disappeared.  I looked out the window.. 4 men standing around a car... hood up. puzzled… I looked out the window.. one of them screamed … hey !!!Yo Cyndi can you come out here and take a look... they were desperate. ... ok.. didn't want to... this car doesn't have a battery????.. LOL under the hood... no! What's the matter with you all.. It's under the back seat. what do you expect??.. I'm kidding.. true story... how insane is that? that's my point. :wah:  

Blutarski

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 01 May 2021, 3:29 pm » wrote: I remember one day.... all the men disappeared.  I looked out the window.. 4 men standing around a car... hood up. puzzled… I looked out the window.. one of them screamed … hey !!!Yo Cyndi can you come out here and take a look... they were desperate. ... ok.. didn't want to... this car doesn't have a battery????.. LOL under the hood... no! What's the matter with you all.. It's under the back seat. what do you expect??.. I'm kidding.. true story... how insane is that? that's my point. Image
Did you have to type in a password to gain access to the battery...?

I know of people who's cars generate fault codes that are bogus..that just require a quick reset with the "Magic Wand" [Diagnostic Tool] 
Imagine all the "work" this generates for repair shops.
I refuse to play this game and this is one reason why I drive old  "classic cars" that are simple [and cheap] to fix. 

Last edited by Blutarski on 01 May 2021, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

Blutarski » 01 May 2021, 2:56 pm » wrote: So the poor folks you see don't have $2000 worth of tattoos, piercings and nostril rings..?
Same goes for the lack of oil burning, exhaust system dragging the ground, running on 2 cylinders  "junker cars" nowadays....they aren't nearly as common as they were when I was a kid.
Yes there are extremely poor people, many of which are in that shape due to self inflicted trouble / bad decisions.

I am not sayin these kind of kids don't exist. I am saying that there is no way that you could justify that being the norm. You re using a broad stroke. Most of the students I have come across don't come near that stereotype. They are serious students.