This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
Blutarski

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,506
Politics: Republican

sootedupCyndi » 01 May 2021, 10:18 pm » wrote: I'm kidding. I drink bush beer and pile wood.  And get rides in the lawn mower wagon back and forth. Just like a foolish kid. Image

Busch is a good choice for splitting wood.... 8-)  [just count your fingers before calling it a night]

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 15,995
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
Blutarski » 01 May 2021, 10:40 pm » wrote: Busch is a good choice for splitting wood.... Image  [just count your fingers before calling it a night]
It's dangerous work. You should see my bloodied up shins by the end of the summer.. never fails. One stick will come rolling down. ouchy.  :lol:  

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Posts: 22,855
Politics: Conservative

FOS » 01 May 2021, 7:55 pm » wrote: In any country other than the US, 'right wing' is actually associated with socialist policies. 

With everything from national socialism (of course), distributism, red tories, etc. The common observation is that capitalism tends to erode the culture and social order...because it involves 'creative destruction'.

Now at the same time I would grant that what the usa has today is not much free market capitalism. Corporate oligarchs are basically impossible to compete with...but they have openly declared war on social conservatives even while social conservatives still try to pretend that our economy is based on hard work and meritocracy. Corporations clearly don't agree and openly care a great deal more about race and genitals than merit. 

Anyway I think millennials could deal with the economic challenges they currently face except for the fact that their schools and all their authority figures are filling up their brain with truly insane crap...and most millennials seem to have been driven insane.
You make a lot of good points. I think we need to be careful in equating corporatism with capitalism. Capitalism encourages competition, whereas corporatism chokes it. Corporations also receive government subsidies. **** that ****. The degrees that these students are pursuing are useful degrees, like engineering, aerospace, med school, biology, computer science, artificial intelligence, and environmental science. They aren't liberal arts degrees. They are degrees that the industry is going to need if we are going to advance our technology without relying on the **** Indians like we do now.

User avatar
Blutarski

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,506
Politics: Republican

sootedupCyndi » 01 May 2021, 10:50 pm » wrote: It's dangerous work. You should see my bloodied up shins by the end of the summer.. never fails. One stick will come rolling down. ouchy.  Image
It can be dangerous.
Last summer I dropped a 100 foot Douglas  Fir [with a 3 foot base]  and split it all by hand.
Got about 2 cords from it. 
To this day my elbow is sore and I doubt it will ever totally heal.
This is probably why you see most 66 year olds using a hydraulic splitter.... Image  
I picked up a 25 oz Busch tonight in your honor and it "hits the spot" just fine..... :)  

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 15,995
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
Blutarski » 01 May 2021, 11:41 pm » wrote: It can be dangerous.
Last summer I dropped a 100 foot Douglas  Fir [with a 3 foot base]  and split it all by hand.
Got about 2 cords from it. 
To this day my elbow is sore and I doubt it will ever totally heal.
This is probably why you see most 66 year olds using a hydraulic splitter.... Image  
I picked up a 25 oz Busch tonight in your honor and it "hits the spot" just fine..... Image
You need a wood splitter.  What are you NUTS? doing that by hand.. now I know your nuts. :P  

User avatar
Blutarski

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,506
Politics: Republican

sootedupCyndi » 01 May 2021, 11:51 pm » wrote: You need a wood splitter.  What are you NUTS? doing that by hand.. now I know your nuts. Image
I would still need a system to be able to load a 3 foot diameter section of tree [500 pounds?] into the splitter. Either that or just chug a Busch Bavarian Lager a split the damn thing like a VIKING... :twisted:  

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 15,995
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
Blutarski » 02 May 2021, 12:27 am » wrote: I would still need a system to be able to load a 3 foot diameter section of tree [500 pounds?] into the splitter. Either that or just chug a Busch Bavarian Lager a split the damn thing like a VIKING... Image
Roll it to where you want it, and use it as a table. And forget about it. :blink:  

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,648

Vegas » 01 May 2021, 11:21 pm » wrote: You make a lot of good points. I think we need to be careful in equating corporatism with capitalism. Capitalism encourages competition, whereas corporatism chokes it. Corporations also receive government subsidies. **** that ****. The degrees that these students are pursuing are useful degrees, like engineering, aerospace, med school, biology, computer science, artificial intelligence, and environmental science. They aren't liberal arts degrees. They are degrees that the industry is going to need if we are going to advance our technology without relying on the **** Indians like we do now.
NT Scotsman fallacy. 

What you witness is simply the culmination of capitalism - fewer and fewer companies dominating most industries. You can call it crony capitalism, corporatism, or whatever, but in the end IS the result of capitalism. 

Just because it doesn’t resemble 1830 capitalism doesn’t mean it’s not capitalism.

It’s like somebody claiming the USSR isn’t Marxist socialist because the state didn’t wither away as Marx stipulated. 
 
 

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,648

FOS » 30 Apr 2021, 9:28 pm » wrote: My gf is also gen x and we have different views about social welfare ( unlike most politicians, I don't insist on **** teenagers)

Sh thinks all welfare is theft from her, and she works very hard. This attitude also can often result in a sort of grug racism.

I was more of a trust fund baby so I never had to work that hard. As such, welfare programs don't offend me. But I am also more naturally racist than her. I just don't want to give **** to outgroups especially if they are a racial enemy. But otherwise...whatever. I'll help white kids and would be happy to.

But we do both converge strongly on the understanding that millennials are **** weak.

I would just say...millennials are weak in an unnatural way. There is no way white people can be this weak without being brainwashed.
This is a topic worth discussing in far more detail. I wish you would start a topic on this entirely separate from this current one.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jews are the most tribalistic group. They are some of the most nepotistic urchins you will ever witness.

If you know anything about Silicon Valley and the tech scene, which I’m sure you do, CURRY *** are also highly tribalistic. Basically if a curry *** becomes a director, vp, or someone in a high level of corporate power, they will ONLY hire other curry ***...at least 80% of the time. 

And I know for a fact this has nothing to do with meritocracy...the idea of curry *** producing high quality, not-bugged code is laughable. In fact curry *** THEMSELVES know they suck at software so much that they openly joke about it on forums (anonymously of course).

Interestingly, East Asians (Koreans/Japanese/Chinese) seem to help out their own children, but not so much other E Asians. They’re somewhere in between the whites and curry ***/Jews.

Whites seem to be the only group highly resistant to the idea of racial (and often even family) “mutual aid.” Basically it’s each man for himself.

Maybe it’s Horatio Alger wannabe stories...maybe it’s reading too much Ayncrapper trash...

Maybe white Americans think the game is “unfair” if you help out your kids or other whites too much...(Jews and curry *** do not give a **** about these presupposed “rules”)...but either way the phenomenal success of certain racial groups is due to favoritism and corruption. This is a concept the vast majority of whites seem to fail to grasp.

Not “hard work” lol...

Naive white Americans think some guy working his butt off 70 hrs/wk for 15 yrs to eventually make $250K/yr is “success.” Meanwhile some Jewish heiress is making $2.5M/yr from investments and connections with other Jews in finance and works 7 hrs/wk.

Really amazing how ignorant people are. Especially whites. This attitude is obviously not just limited to money, but applies to everything.

 
 

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Posts: 22,855
Politics: Conservative

Polar1ty » 02 May 2021, 12:44 am » wrote: NT Scotsman fallacy. 

What you witness is simply the culmination of capitalism - fewer and fewer companies dominating most industries. You can call it crony capitalism, corporatism, or whatever, but in the end IS the result of capitalism. 

Just because it doesn’t resemble 1830 capitalism doesn’t mean it’s not capitalism.

It’s like somebody claiming the USSR isn’t Marxist socialist because the state didn’t wither away as Marx stipulated.

I don't know about that. Yes, corporatism grew from capitalism. However, if you follow capitalism to its logical end, capitalism doesn't bottom out at corporatism. Any economic system will always, undoubtedly, create some kind of poisonous fruit from it's trunk. However, this does not define the final destination of capitalism that you are inferring. This poisonous fruit has never been pruned or clipped, for the sake of analogy. Capitalism is the epitome of fairness. That doesn't mean it should be allowed to run wild. We are humans after all, and capitalism is a system run by humans. Of course **** is going to happen. It's not that capitalism is bad, it's that we humans **** things up. Therefore, we need to be put in check so capitalism can flourish and continue to be healthy for our society. 

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,648

Vegas » 02 May 2021, 1:11 am » wrote: I don't know about that. Yes, corporatism grew from capitalism. However, if you follow capitalism to its logical end, capitalism doesn't bottom out at corporatism. Any economic system will always, undoubtedly, create some kind of poisonous fruit from it's trunk. However, this does not define the final destination of capitalism that you are inferring. This poisonous fruit has never been pruned or clipped, for the sake of analogy. Capitalism is the epitome of fairness. That doesn't mean it should be allowed to run wild. We are humans after all, and capitalism is a system run by humans. Of course **** is going to happen. It's not that capitalism is bad, it's that we humans **** things up. Therefore, we need to be put in check so capitalism can flourish and continue to be healthy for our society.
All systems have tendencies. Since corporatism seems to be the end result, to varying degrees, of capitalism everywhere on planet Earth, it makes no sense to blame corporatism while absolving the original/root system.

The reason socialist “utopias” end up sucking is simple: no matter how much they proclaim to believe in equality, power ultimately concentrates into the hands of the Party elites...and you know the rest.

In capitalism, competition erodes margins and profits. Capitalists do not want to compete. They would rather collude, merge, or do anything to reduce the # of players in each segmented market. They will also buy off politicians to enact regulations “to protect the public interest” but whose real goal is to siphon off remaining market share from smaller players. 

These features, NOT anomalies, of capitalism, are what you refer to as “corporatism.”

This is a tendency of capitalism. It can be reduced or mitigated, but it cannot be “fixed.” Therefore your argument that we need to call it corporatism doesn’t make sense, because capitalism, by its very nature, creates “corporatism.” 

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Posts: 22,855
Politics: Conservative

Polar1ty » 02 May 2021, 1:19 am » wrote: All systems have tendencies. Since corporatism seems to be the end result, to varying degrees, of capitalism everywhere on planet Earth, it makes no sense to blame corporatism while absolving the original/root system.

The reason socialist “utopias” end up sucking is simple: no matter how much they proclaim to believe in equality, power ultimately concentrates into the hands of the Party elites...and you know the rest.

In capitalism, competition erodes margins and profits. Capitalists do not want to compete. They would rather collude, merge, or do anything to reduce the # of players in each segmented market. They will also buy off politicians to enact regulations “to protect the public interest” but whose real goal is to siphon off remaining market share from smaller players. 

These features, NOT anomalies, of capitalism, are what you refer to as “corporatism.”

This is a tendency of capitalism. It can be reduced or mitigated, but it cannot be “fixed.” Therefore your argument that we need to call it corporatism doesn’t make sense, because capitalism, by its very nature, creates “corporatism.”

As I stated before, I never denied that corporatism came from capitalism. My thesis is that corporatism is not the final destination of capitalism. It is a poisonous off spring, but only because capitalism is run by humans. We humans can't help to **** things up. The logical conclusion of capitalism is fruitful competition, but this can only happen if we nurture the capitalist system that will encourage competition. It's not going to do it on it's own. We allow it to run wild. Therefore, it's naive to think that it wont go array. The essence of capitalism is fairness in its purest form. However, we humans are not fair and pure, thus we can expect some poisonous crap along the way. 

User avatar
Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,168
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: 51°55'58.4"N 4°28'12.2"E

sootedupCyndi » 01 May 2021, 9:32 pm » wrote: 6 cords wood.. 6000 sticks.
each stick handled 4 times equals 24,000 times.. cant do it anymore. Image
24,000... wow... my father and his wife have a fireplace and when I visit them during the winter I sometimes get the wood for that... 15 sticks or so.. now wonder you get tired of that..

:faint:  

User avatar
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Posts: 15,995
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
Jantje_Smit » 02 May 2021, 2:17 am » wrote: 24,000... wow... my father and his wife have a fireplace and when I visit them during the winter I sometimes get the wood for that... 15 sticks or so.. now wonder you get tired of that..

Image
6000. each stick gets moved or handled 4 times... 6000 X 4. I count them. because I hate them. :lol:  
 

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,284
Politics: Fascist

Polar1ty » 02 May 2021, 1:05 am » wrote: This is a topic worth discussing in far more detail. I wish you would start a topic on this entirely separate from this current one.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jews are the most tribalistic group. They are some of the most nepotistic urchins you will ever witness.

If you know anything about Silicon Valley and the tech scene, which I’m sure you do, CURRY *** are also highly tribalistic. Basically if a curry *** becomes a director, vp, or someone in a high level of corporate power, they will ONLY hire other curry ***...at least 80% of the time. 

And I know for a fact this has nothing to do with meritocracy...the idea of curry *** producing high quality, not-bugged code is laughable. In fact curry *** THEMSELVES know they suck at software so much that they openly joke about it on forums (anonymously of course).

Interestingly, East Asians (Koreans/Japanese/Chinese) seem to help out their own children, but not so much other E Asians. They’re somewhere in between the whites and curry ***/Jews.

Whites seem to be the only group highly resistant to the idea of racial (and often even family) “mutual aid.” Basically it’s each man for himself.

Maybe it’s Horatio Alger wannabe stories...maybe it’s reading too much Ayncrapper trash...

Maybe white Americans think the game is “unfair” if you help out your kids or other whites too much...(Jews and curry *** do not give a **** about these presupposed “rules”)...but either way the phenomenal success of certain racial groups is due to favoritism and corruption. This is a concept the vast majority of whites seem to fail to grasp.

Not “hard work” lol...

Naive white Americans think some guy working his butt off 70 hrs/wk for 15 yrs to eventually make $250K/yr is “success.” Meanwhile some Jewish heiress is making $2.5M/yr from investments and connections with other Jews in finance and works 7 hrs/wk.

Really amazing how ignorant people are. Especially whites. This attitude is obviously not just limited to money, but applies to everything.
well we have just literally been brainwashed this way. It isnt innate...we clearly had a more collective perspective in 1945, for example. All political discourse for white people now just centers around how to avoid the holocaust:

our 'right wing' say that collectivism caused the holocaust. Our 'left wing' says that racism caused the holocaust.

from a more game theory perspective, it is quite obvious that a people who collectivize will always dominate people who refuse to collectivize.

And what people have been the loudest voice preaching against collectivizing and against racism? jews, naturally. And they do it precisely because they know it will give them a huge advantage if every white person simply acts like an individual

User avatar
Abatjour

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,927
Politics: Liberal
Location: Dumpster Fire

Polar1ty » 30 Apr 2021, 8:45 pm » wrote:  
(All posts below this are from comments section)
looks like this guy won your sweepstakes here:

"Image
Leonine
1 day ago
 (Edited)
I'm a "millennial" but my values are more akin to the old school. I don't regard my cohort with much respect, they are lazy, entitled, and dont know how to do a damn thing for themselves. and their attitude sucks.I work hard and have learned a lot of skills.i make my own furniture, i forge knives and make wrought iron items. I've framed houses in 13*F weather, and i had fun doing it. i can weld, do electrical, spent years as a machinist. And i write code. And own and run a farm. and I have a small tech biz.So don't throw us all out with the bathwater."
 

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,284
Politics: Fascist

Vegas » 01 May 2021, 11:21 pm » wrote: You make a lot of good points. I think we need to be careful in equating corporatism with capitalism. Capitalism encourages competition, whereas corporatism chokes it. Corporations also receive government subsidies. **** that ****. The degrees that these students are pursuing are useful degrees, like engineering, aerospace, med school, biology, computer science, artificial intelligence, and environmental science. They aren't liberal arts degrees. They are degrees that the industry is going to need if we are going to advance our technology without relying on the **** Indians like we do now.

the word 'corporatism' is already taken lol, and actually refers to a sort of syndicalist market socialism

User avatar
Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,168
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: 51°55'58.4"N 4°28'12.2"E

sootedupCyndi » 02 May 2021, 2:22 am » wrote: 6000. each stick gets moved or handled 4 times... 6000 X 4. I count them. because I hate them. Image
I'm trying to imagine doing that... during the winter when it's cold.. in the snow... makes me glad to be an innocent city boy not having to worry about staying warm..

:wub:  
 

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 11,284
Politics: Fascist

Polar1ty » 02 May 2021, 1:05 am » wrote: This is a topic worth discussing in far more detail. I wish you would start a topic on this entirely separate from this current one.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jews are the most tribalistic group. They are some of the most nepotistic urchins you will ever witness.

If you know anything about Silicon Valley and the tech scene, which I’m sure you do, CURRY *** are also highly tribalistic. Basically if a curry *** becomes a director, vp, or someone in a high level of corporate power, they will ONLY hire other curry ***...at least 80% of the time. 

And I know for a fact this has nothing to do with meritocracy...the idea of curry *** producing high quality, not-bugged code is laughable. In fact curry *** THEMSELVES know they suck at software so much that they openly joke about it on forums (anonymously of course).

Interestingly, East Asians (Koreans/Japanese/Chinese) seem to help out their own children, but not so much other E Asians. They’re somewhere in between the whites and curry ***/Jews.

Whites seem to be the only group highly resistant to the idea of racial (and often even family) “mutual aid.” Basically it’s each man for himself.

Maybe it’s Horatio Alger wannabe stories...maybe it’s reading too much Ayncrapper trash...

Maybe white Americans think the game is “unfair” if you help out your kids or other whites too much...(Jews and curry *** do not give a **** about these presupposed “rules”)...but either way the phenomenal success of certain racial groups is due to favoritism and corruption. This is a concept the vast majority of whites seem to fail to grasp.

Not “hard work” lol...

Naive white Americans think some guy working his butt off 70 hrs/wk for 15 yrs to eventually make $250K/yr is “success.” Meanwhile some Jewish heiress is making $2.5M/yr from investments and connections with other Jews in finance and works 7 hrs/wk.

Really amazing how ignorant people are. Especially whites. This attitude is obviously not just limited to money, but applies to everything.
i would also add that I see very careful design behind the marketing of  US 'right wing' and 'left wing' brain viruses. For example...left wing narrratives are always directed at people who are most at risk to be racist. Consider environmentalism, for example...people who feel like they should be stewards of the environment (like the nazis did) are also real damn likely to be racist. They might have a mature understanding of biology...and they might acquire a biological identity. So how did environmentalism become coupled with the 'left wing'? totally engineered, imo.

meanwhile the narratives on the 'right wing' seem directed at people who have the greatest risk of collectivizing. People who are religious, or had military service, etc....people who clearly understand the value of collective action. So they are fed a bunch of nonsense about how the collective identity of the usa is 'rugged individualism'..which by definition cannot be a collective identity

User avatar
Blutarski

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,506
Politics: Republican

Abatjour » 02 May 2021, 2:32 am » wrote: looks like this guy won your sweepstakes here:

"Image
Leonine
1 day ago
 (Edited)
I'm a "millennial" but my values are more akin to the old school. I don't regard my cohort with much respect, they are lazy, entitled, and dont know how to do a damn thing for themselves. and their attitude sucks.I work hard and have learned a lot of skills.i make my own furniture, i forge knives and make wrought iron items. I've framed houses in 13*F weather, and i had fun doing it. i can weld, do electrical, spent years as a machinist. And i write code. And own and run a farm. and I have a small tech biz.So don't throw us all out with the bathwater."
Must be wonderful to live in a Dream World where all your beliefs are based on flukes, outliers, exceptions, rarities and anomalies....LA LA LA LA..... :loco:  .

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Annoyed Liberall, Arris, Benson13, Bidennextpresident, Bill Gates [Bot], Blutarski, Buffalo, Cannonpointer, ConsRule, Crazytrain, crimsongulf, DawnDavenport, Famagusta, FOS, Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Hank, Ike Bana, Jantje_Smit, nefarious101, neue regel, PaperLi [Bot], Pinterest [Bot], Polar1ty, PoliticalPopUp, Semrush [Bot], SJConspirator, solon, sooted up Cyndi, Steve Jobs [Bot], Taipan, Twitter [Bot], user1620678236, Vegas, Vegas giants, Yahoo [Bot], Zeets2 and 574 guests