This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Under the 2017 tax cuts, 55 giant companies paid no federal taxes last year, the share of tax revenue coming from corporations dropped precipitously, the trajectory of growth and jobs did not change and the national debt increased. Corporations have made out like bandits.

“In recent years, corporate profits (aftertax) as a share of GDP averaged 9.7 percent (2005-2019), whereas in the period 1980-2000, corporate profits averaged only 5.4 percent of GDP,” the report found. “The U.S. corporate sector is the most successful in the world: it hosts 37 percent of the Forbes 2000 companies by profit while the United States accounts for 24 percent of world GDP.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... oted-fact/

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

No business pays taxes...their customers do. It is one of many expenses that make up their cost when they consider setting their prices. They simply collect it and relay it to the government.

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 03 May 2021, 12:43 pm » wrote: No business pays taxes...
They do. I mean, up is not down. Can't debate someone who overtly lies.

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Bidennextpresident » 03 May 2021, 12:47 pm » wrote: They do. I mean, up is not down. Can't debate someone who overtly lies.

So you are not familiar with the structure/organization of a traditional income statement.

Noted...

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 03 May 2021, 12:54 pm » wrote: So you are not familiar with the structure/organization of a traditional income statement.

Noted...

lost interest in your nonsense

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Bidennextpresident » 03 May 2021, 12:55 pm » wrote: lost interest in your nonsense

I'm not surprised.  Especially since you don't know **** from shinola about businesses.

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 03 May 2021, 12:56 pm » wrote: I'm not surprised.  Especially since you don't know **** from shinola about businesses.

I used to be an accountant, you clueless moron.

solon

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

ConsRule » 03 May 2021, 12:43 pm » wrote: No business pays taxes...their customers do. It is one of many expenses that make up their cost when they consider setting their prices. They simply collect it and relay it to the government.
OH GOD the ignorant Randinitsa STUPIDITY that bussinesses never pay taxes because they ALWAYS just pass along any cost to the consumers. MY GOD you are STUPID and brainwashed. I could go in to this AGAIN but I have done it DOZENS of times but simpleminded STUPIDITY is the hallmark of ALL libertarian thought

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

BeerDemocratic Party 1Black Lives MatterUSA
ConsRule » 03 May 2021, 12:43 pm » wrote: No business pays taxes...their customers do. 
That's going to be changing soon.   :)    Businesses will need to start paying their fair share.

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Bidennextpresident » 03 May 2021, 12:57 pm » wrote: I used to be an accountant, you clueless moron.
I doubt that.  If so, you would understand that every business has a required amount of net income that is set by ownership (either directly of indirectly via the BOD).  Net income, by definition, is after the taxes of a business is calculated.  Therefore, it is an expense line on the income statement.

You would also know that when the revenue of a business for the coming year is estimated during the budget process, revenue minus expenses determine the projected net income.  No tell me...oh sage of accounting...what is the source of revenue for every business on the planet (aside from interest from investments or bank accounts)?

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 03 May 2021, 1:08 pm » wrote: I doubt that.  

I don't give a **** what you believe.

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Moreover, a recent Treasury report found:

As a result of the tax cuts of prior years, the United States now raises only about 16 percent of GDP in federal tax revenue, a decline of about four percentage points in the last two decades.
The corporate tax has historically raised around 2 percent of GDP in revenue. This share depends on a host of factors, including the state of the business cycle and the division of profits between the corporate and non-corporate sectors. Still, corporate tax revenues remained roughly constant over the past four decades. After the corporate tax cuts under the TCJA [Tax Cuts and Jobs Act], the share of corporate taxes collected as a share of GDP fell from 2 percent to 1 percent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... oted-fact/

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

RollingRock » 03 May 2021, 1:05 pm » wrote: That's going to be changing soon.   Image    Businesses will need to start paying their fair share.

No...they won't.  The revenue of EVERY business comes from their customers via them purchasing the goods and/or services of said business.  Taxes are paid out of revenue (profit).  So the taxes remitted by every business will still be paid by there customers.

Of course, you would need to know a little about business and have the ability to think on your own to understand that.

solon

Share      Unread post

More IGNORANT Randinista STUPIDITY based on the idea that the COST of a good is based on what it COSTS to make and sell. This is patent nonsene if a guy makes a widget for 5 bucks and CAN sell if for one thousand dolars he WILLsell it for one thousand dollars. When we began to make Cars in Mexico the COST of making those cars went down as labor costs dropped the cost o a SAFE working environment was no longer necessary and the costs of controlling pollution drooped but eht PRICE OF CARS DID NOT DROP. In the 80's the Philedelphia Eagles nad the third LOWEST payroll prices in the league and the SECOND HIGHEST TICKER PRICES. That is because they COULD charge that much so they DID charge that much. Randinisats are the most simpleminded brainwashed fools on the planet

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 03 May 2021, 12:43 pm » wrote: No business pays taxes...their customers do. It is one of many expenses that make up their cost when they consider setting their prices. They simply collect it and relay it to the government.

Yeah....sure....the government's Costa Rican annex.
Costa Rica Offshore Banking

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

ConsRule » 03 May 2021, 1:11 pm » wrote: No...they won't.  
Yeah, they will.  Businesses and those at the top of the income scale WILL see their taxes go up.  If your household brings in more than $400k, your taxes are likely going up.  Otherwise, they're not.  We're talking 1% of America here.

solon

Share      Unread post

Randinista libertarainas are the most simpleminded brainwashed morons in the world. They will REPEAT themselves over and over they will NEVER give up the RAND WORSHIP and they also will NEVER domonestrate WHY the talking points they were TRAINED to repeat like demented myna birds have any substance. Just propaganda parrots with exceedingly low IQs

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

RollingRock » 03 May 2021, 1:37 pm » wrote: Yeah, they will.  Businesses and those at the top of the income scale WILL see their taxes go up.  If your household brings in more than $400k, your taxes are likely going up.  Otherwise, they're not.  We're talking 1% of America here.

You really should learn to read and comprehend.

solon

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 03 May 2021, 1:41 pm » wrote: You really should learn to read and comprehend.
you really shouldnt be such an ignorantt simpleminded brainwashed MORON

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

ConsRule » 03 May 2021, 1:41 pm » wrote: You really should learn to read and comprehend.
Were you aware that you're an idiot?