This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

SJConspirator » 04 May 2021, 12:04 am » wrote: The only people who are getting a bailout and thus **** you over are the CEOs of multinationals and their cronies, Despite your strange notions that homeless bums are somehow really getting over on everybody and sticking it to the taxpayer.. how do you even sustain that idiotic fantasy?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/busi ... tment.html
Because he has white expectations in a Jewish system, he isn't sure who to blame.

300 years ago, his suspicions would be valid

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

FOS » 03 May 2021, 11:32 pm » wrote: When is warren gonna pay back the money she got from scholarships by pretending to be native american?
why would I give a ****?

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

shouldn't it have gone to a worthy brown person instead?

​​​​​​You are a brown person, right? What if the money you needed to go to brown university was taken by warren?

Taipan

Share      Unread post

Politics: Libertarian

SJConspirator » 04 May 2021, 12:04 am » wrote: The only people who are getting a bailout and thus **** you over are the CEOs of multinationals and their cronies, Despite your strange notions that homeless bums are somehow really getting over on everybody and sticking it to the taxpayer.. how do you even sustain that idiotic fantasy?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/busi ... tment.html

So you want more taxes on Jeff Bezos and Amazon ??
Fine w/ me.  How about 33% of their gross income ?
Sir,
They don't pay taxes.   They done beat that game.    They have tax lawyers & tax CPA's
who can manipulate the 75,000 page of the Tax Code.   Now we are 28 trillion in debt.

We can agree on "NO BAIL-OUTS" !!   But a Christian, no-interest, loan to a neighbor
for his survival is cool w/ me.                   

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Vegasgiants » 03 May 2021, 4:12 pm » wrote: They gets tons of money from the federal government 

Go **** yourself indeed
No, the don't.

Research grants are awarded to researchers...not the university.

Pell Grants (and similar grants) are awarded to students...not the university.

Scholarships are awarded to students...not the university.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker

ConsRule » 04 May 2021, 7:42 am » wrote: No, the don't.

Research grants are awarded to researchers...not the university.

Pell Grants (and similar grants) are awarded to students...not the university.

Scholarships are awarded to students...not the university.

No it's not.  The university gets that money.  You are just factually incorrect

neue regel

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 03 May 2021, 4:06 pm » wrote: Conversely, the debtors could just pay their bills.
Indeed. Why should the taxpayer be on the hook for paying off a contract to which the student voluntarily signed? Why should the taxpayer bail out universities who charge outrageous amounts for tuition?

I understand Biden is unaware of where he is half the time and is only doing what he’s told....like a grandpa with dementia signing checks...but I blame the Republicans who aren’t pushing back nearly hard enough on this stupid agenda that gets dumber by the day. 

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 04 May 2021, 7:44 am » wrote: No it's not.  The university gets that money.  You are just factually incorrect
I worked in Student Aid while getting my undergrad degree. I am factually correct.  The money may be sent to the university, but it can only be used specifically by the student who must sign a legal document accepting the award.

I also have a cousin who applied for, and was awarded, a research grant (and was an assistant to another grant recipient).  The same process was followed as described above.  Lastly, I volunteered time (service hours for my professional fraternity) on a research project.  The local paper did a huge story on "Dr. X of "Y University" who was awarded a large research grant."

Sending the restricted use funds directly to the university is nothing more than a measure to reduce fraud (using the money for something else), but the university IS NOT THE RECIPIENT.  Trust me, the legal documents signed to accept the awards must be sent to the government.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 04 May 2021, 7:51 am » wrote: I worked in Student Aid while getting my undergrad degree. I am factually correct.  The money may be sent to the university, but it can only be used specifically by the student who must sign a legal document accepting the award.

I also have a cousin who applied for, and was awarded, a research grant (and was an assistant to another grant recipient).  The same process was followed as described above. 

Sending the restricted use funds directly to the university is nothing more than a measure to reduce fraud (using the money for something else), but the university IS NOT THE RECIPIENT.  Trust me, the legal documents signed to accept the awards must be sent to the government.
Yes the money does go to the university.   They benefit greatly from that money.  And we can deny a university from getting that money if we want 

You made my case for me

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 04 May 2021, 7:54 am » wrote: Yes the money does go to the university.   They benefit greatly from that money.  And we can deny a university from getting that money if we want 

You made my case for me
The money goes THROUGH the university.  It is awarded to the student or researcher. The benefit to the university is the publicity when their faculty members wins the award and the subsequent publicity when the research results are published...because it is always "Dr. X of Y University".

Logic isn't one of your strong suits, is it?

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 04 May 2021, 7:56 am » wrote: The money goes THROUGH the university.  It is awarded to the student or researcher. The benefit to the university is the publicity when their faculty members wins the award and the subsequent publicity when the research results is published...because it is always "Dr. X of Y University".

Logic isn't one of your strong suits, is it?
And it benefits the university.  The university takes that money awarded for a Pell grant and applies it toward tuition and then can spend that money on anything.

You are a **** idiot....right?

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 04 May 2021, 8:00 am » wrote: And it benefits the university.  The university takes that money awarded for a Pell grant and applies it toward tuition and then can spend that money on anything.

You are a **** idiot....right?

No, the STUDENT accepts the award and uses it to cover their tuition and fees.  It is the STUDENT'S money, because if the grant exceeds their tuition and fees they get the balance in the form of a check from the university payable to them.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 04 May 2021, 8:15 am » wrote: No, the STUDENT accepts the award and uses it to cover their tuition and fees.  It is the STUDENT'S money, because if the grant exceeds their tuition and fees they get the balance in the form of a check from the university payable to them.
It is paid to the school. What does the school do with that money einstein.  For grants the school Bill's the grant for lab space, salaries and equipment.  That is where they really make money.

Dude ger real

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 04 May 2021, 8:21 am » wrote: It is paid to the school. What does the school do with that money einstein.  For grants the school Bill's the grant for lab space, salaries and equipment.  That is where they really make money.

Dude ger real
IT IS PAID (AWARDED) TO THE STUDENT!!!  The school doesn't get the money.  If the student does not sign the legal document accepting the grant, no money is sent by the government.  Actually, unless (and until) the university sends in the signed acceptance nothing is sent.  Read my **** post.

Dude, take a class on reading comprehension.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 04 May 2021, 8:36 am » wrote: IT IS PAID (AWARDED) TO THE STUDENT!!!  The school doesn't get the money.  If the student does not sign the legal document accepting the grant, no money is sent by the government.  Actually, unless (and until) the university sends in the signed acceptance nothing is sent.  Read my **** post.

Dude, take a class on reading comprehension.
Are you kidding?  It comes from the government and ends up at the school.

And we can deny any school we want from getting that money.  Same for research grants

Just deny that.  My god

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 04 May 2021, 8:39 am » wrote: Are you kidding?  It comes from the government and ends up at the school.

And we can deny any school we want from getting that money.  Same for research grants

Just deny that.  My god

The government can not make the grant to students if they choose (unless they are violating discrimination laws), I will admit that.  They can also not award grants to researchers if they are associated with a university, I will admit that. 

However, the money for those grants ARE NOT awarded to universities...they are awarded to individuals.

I understand you don't want to admit that fact...but it remains true even without your admission.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 04 May 2021, 8:45 am » wrote: The government can not make the grant to students if they choose (unless they are violating discrimination laws), I will admit that.  They can also not award grants to researchers if they are associated with a university, I will admit that. 

However, the money for those grants ARE NOT awarded to universities...they are awarded to individuals.

I understand you don't want to admit that fact...but it remains true even without your admission.
The government can say you CAN'T use that money at THIS university.  We can deny all of that money to a university.

Just deny it.

The universities WANT that money.

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 04 May 2021, 8:51 am » wrote: The government can say you CAN'T use that money at THIS university.  We can deny all of that money to a university.

Just deny it.

The universities WANT that money.

Actually, the STUDENT wants that money so they can afford a post high school education without going into debt.

But if you want to deny people the opportunity to go to college because they cannot afford tuition and fees, that is certainly your choice.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 04 May 2021, 8:55 am » wrote: Actually, the STUDENT wants that money so they can afford a post high school education without going into debt.

But if you want to deny people the opportunity to go to college because they cannot afford tuition and fees, that is certainly your choice.
You dont deny the person

You deny the university

How many times must I say that?

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 04 May 2021, 8:57 am » wrote: You dont deny the person

You deny the university

How many times must I say that?
As many as it takes for you to say it correctly.  They money is awarded to the student, not the university.