This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Beer
Last edited by Crazytrain on 10 Jun 2021, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Anti-vax doctor mocked for claiming that shots will ‘magnetize’ people

By Josh K. Elliott Global News
Posted June 9, 2021 3:36 pm EST

WATCH: Statistics Canada says Canadians relied heavily on the web during the pandemic for their COVID-19 updates. but there’s a lot of misinformation living online. – May 30, 2021
Leave A Comment
Share This Item On Facebook
Share This Item Via WhatsApp
Send This Page To Someone Via Email
Share This Item On Twitter
Share This Item On Reddit
Share This Item On Pinterest
Share This Item On Linkedin
Are you sick and tired of peeling forks off your head and car keys off your fingers?

STORY CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT

Are you suddenly a master of magnetism, capable of bending metal with your mind like the Marvel villain Magneto?

Then you might be one of the imaginary “victims” of the coronavirus vaccine, according to an anti-vax doctor and known conspiracy theorist who testified in the Ohio House on Tuesday.

Doctor Sheri Tenpenny is facing widespread ridicule on social media after her testimony in the state legislature, where she pushed a wide range of baseless COVID-19 conspiracy theories while testifying as a so-called “expert” witness on vaccines.

READ MORE: No Hoax: Fighting COVID-19 has meant tackling conspiracy theories, even within families

Her most obvious falsehood was the claim that COVID-19 vaccines will make you magnetic — a claim that has not manifested in reality, despite some 2.2 billion doses being administered to date.

“I’m sure you’ve seen the pictures all over the internet of people who had had these shots and now they’re magnetized,” Tenpenny said at the hearing. “They can put a key on their forehead. It sticks. They can put spoons and forks all over them and they can stick, because now we think that there’s a metal piece to that.”

There are no metallic ingredients in any of the vaccines used in North America, according to all medical evidence. Claims of people being magnetized have also been debunked, as natural oils are also capable of making small objects stick to the skin.

The U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) specifically addressed the metal and magnetism conspiracy theory in a myth-busting article last week.

“Receiving a COVID-19 vaccine will not make you magnetic,” the CDC writes on its website. “COVID-19 vaccines do not contain ingredients that can produce an electromagnetic field at the site of your injection.” It added that the typical dose is not large enough to contain a magnet, and that a magnet that fits in a needle would not be powerful enough to attract anything.

Nevertheless, GOP lawmakers appeared to welcome the testimony from Tenpenny, author of Saying No to Vaccines and a noted source of misinformation throughout the pandemic.

READ MORE: Viral ‘Plandemic’ clip pushes wild claims about coronavirus, masks and vaccines

The Cleveland-based osteopath was at the hearing to back up a Republican bill that would ban businesses from requiring proof of vaccination, although her arguments for the bill were not rooted in any verifiable facts. In addition to the magnetism theory, she also tried to link vaccines to 5G — a new cellphone technology that has served as the baseless catalyst for many conspiracy theories in recent years.

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

I am truly doing the best I can to take you seriously...but my sense of humor keeps taking over. You give me too much material to make you the butt of my jokes.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Vegas » 10 Jun 2021, 2:09 am » wrote: I am truly doing the best I can to take you seriously...but my sense of humor keeps taking over. You give me too much material to make you the butt of my jokes.

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:  you banned me from your little hate Feist thread cause you are afraid of the truth. 

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness

Crazytrain » 10 Jun 2021, 2:10 am » wrote: Image   Image   Image  you banned me from your little hate Feist thread cause you are afraid of the truth.

I didn't ban you. I only sent your irrational comments, based on childish temper tantrums, to the PG. I replied to your intelligent posts. I wont take your adolescent posts seriously. Nobody should.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Yeah I'm trying to find the video with the women try to stick a piece of metal to her neck and it keep falling off as she is claiming that she is magnetized. It's funny as all hell.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Oh and don't forget that 5 G is out to get you.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Funny isn't it.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Quizzes
TV & Movies
Shopping
Videos
News
Tasty
Sign In
Loki Is Here 💚
Trending Quizzes
Celebrating Pride 🌈
The Latest On COVID-19
Trending
HealthPosted 12 hours ago
Twitter Can't Maintain Their Silence After Watching This Ohio Nurse Try To Show That She Is Magnetic From The COVID Vaccine
The demonstration speaks for itself.

Krista Torres
by Krista Torres
BuzzFeed Staff

🔥 206 comments
TikTokers have been recently sharing videos claiming that the COVID-19 shot has made them magnetic:

As with many things on TikTok, the magnetic vaccine theory is completely made up. According to the CDC, COVID-19 vaccines do not contain ingredients that can produce an electromagnetic field at the site of your injection.
In addition, the typical dose for a COVID-19 vaccine is less than a milliliter, which isn't even strong enough to attract metal — even if the shots did contain magnetic metal. The list of ingredients for what is in them can be found here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Bring Me
on BuzzFeed

Video Will Play After Ad

Video Thumbnail Image
Giant Drinks Around the World

Video Thumbnail Image
Iconic Foods Around The World

Video Thumbnail Image
Road Trip Itinerary: Nashville to Asheville
More BringMe Videos
Needless to say, all the concrete facts didn't stop one Ohio nurse from insisting that the shot made her magnetic. On Tuesday, Joanna Overholt testified about the ~magnetic dangers~ of the COVID vaccine before the Ohio House health committee:

@Tylerjoelb / Twitter: @Tylerjoelb
In Overholt's failed demonstration, both a key and a bobby pin fell off of her neck. If you noticed that the key did briefly stick to her chest, there is a logical explanation. Our bodies produce sebum, which is sticky enough to make small, non-magnetic items stick to our skin.

@Tylerjoelb / Twitter: @Tylerjoelb
What was interesting, though, was Overholt's choice to use a key as an example, because most keys are not magnetic.

@DrEricDing / Twitter: @DrEricDing

omh

Share      Unread post

Iron in your cellular body makes one magnetized. even if it as a personality pretending to be more than naturally exists timed apart here. All the miserable people will follow such narratives.
Last edited by omh on 10 Jun 2021, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phelix_Dacat

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

The vaccinated become like the X-men Magneto character and the unvaccinated do not. Sounds like the unvaccinated are really ****.

FOS is gonna be pissed off. Magneto survived being sent to a Nazi death camp. He's Jewish.

Yes, the vaccine will also turn you Jewish. It's in the Torah. And Fiddler on the Roof.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Crazytrain » 10 Jun 2021, 4:51 am » wrote: Oh and don't forget that 5 G is out to get you.
Anyone who has worked in telecommunications or the Navy will tell you high powered transmission waves can cook you. No one knows the long term effects of introducing foreign mrna into someone's system. Hopefully benign but it has caused rare but lethal acute auto immune responses. The same people that laugh about genuine safety concerns surrounding 5g and mrna technology believe the world is imperiled by cow farts and plant food.

solon

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Neo is here he is likely LYING but we can be SURE he is NOT ADDRESSING the issue and I dont have to read his PATHETIC TROLL post to know he is NOT telling us why YES vaccines ARE magnetizing people

Neo is a TROLL

Benson13

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

CNN just showed that NutCase....she couldn't get it to stick anywhere

Benson13

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

and she's a Doctor...

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Benson13 » 11 Jun 2021, 6:42 am » wrote: and she's a Doctor...

and that brass key sure is magnetic. 😂😂😂

omh

Share      Unread post

Crazytrain » 11 Jun 2021, 11:52 am » wrote: and that brass key sure is magnetic. 😂😂😂
kind of like your social mind is a genetic brain.

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

I didn't read the OP because the title is signal enough.

What kind of **** stupid do you have to be to buy this ****?

I'd buy the Genetics Experiment w/Time Delay **** theory first.