This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Benson13

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

IRS records reveal how ultra-wealthy avoid income taxes, new report shows
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/06/08/i ... shows.html

Benson13

Share      Unread post

Benson13

Share      Unread post

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Jealousy and envy make for **** public policy.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker
Track Star, Question Ducker

Neo » 10 Jun 2021, 1:09 pm » wrote: Jealousy and envy make for **** public policy.
Not really 

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

Neo » 10 Jun 2021, 1:09 pm » wrote: Jealousy and envy make for **** public policy.

fair taxation would be great policy.  Instead of putting the entire tax burden on the backs of those who can afford it least.

solon

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

STUPIDITY makes **** policy like when BRAINWASHED MORONS call it envy to tax the people who have gotten the LIONS SHARE of the TAX CUTS over the last FORTY YEARS. GOD TreasonMonkeys are STUPID and BRAINWASHED just repeat what the screechmonkeys TELL them to think whether it makes sense of NOT

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
SJConspirator » 10 Jun 2021, 3:25 pm » wrote:  fair taxation would be great policy.  Instead of putting the entire tax burden on the backs of those who can afford it least.
Fair taxation would see those making 20% of the income paying 20% of the income taxes instead of 40% of the burden. We already have a progressive taxation system that puts most of the burden on the affluent. I don't think there is much call for "fair" taxation. 

solon

Share      Unread post

IGNORANT BRAINWASHED MORON Neo talking about things he is TOO STUPID to understand

It takes X amount of income to live. Take THAT AWAY since the VAST MAJORITY of Americans BARELY make that much and then tax the DISPOSABLE income and those who make 20% of THAT pay 20% of the taxes. GOD brainwashed TreasonMonkey MORONS ARE STUPID

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
solon » 10 Jun 2021, 4:15 pm » wrote: IGNORANT BRAINWASHED MORON Neo talking about things he is TOO STUPID to understand

It takes X amount of income to live. Take THAT AWAY since the VAST MAJORITY of Americans BARELY make that much and then tax the DISPOSABLE income and those who make 20% of THAT pay 20% of the taxes. GOD brainwashed TreasonMonkey MORONS ARE STUPID
Has nothing to do with equal/fair taxation. You don't want equal taxation, you want taxes to be further increased on the rich. Let's not pretend your argument is one of fairness, that is an obvious lie.

solon

Share      Unread post

Ne is a LIAR he got SLAPPED DOWN so he just goes back to what he USUALLY DOES TELL MORE LIES. I DEFINED why it would be the ONLY way to be a FAIR taxation LOSER LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LEI is all you do GFY

Neo is a LIAR and a TROLL every single day

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

Neo » 10 Jun 2021, 4:10 pm » wrote: Fair taxation would see those making 20% of the income paying 20% of the income taxes instead of 40% of the burden. We already have a progressive taxation system that puts most of the burden on the affluent. I don't think there is much call for "fair" taxation.
couple things...

1.  Your link talks about people making $540 k per year and lumps them in with billionaires, that’s insane.  In a country of 350 million, the top 1% is about 3.5 million people.  Out of THAT group, the richest 50 own far more than the others COMBINED.  And THOSE are the ones who pay no taxes, that tiny fraction of the populace at the tippy top.

So yeh, millionaires are overtaxed.  Billionaires are not.  And even if they were, you are basing your whole argument here on income tax, which is merely a tax on liquid gains in one year.  It says nothing about how the top .00001% own the media, the airports, the oil refineries and factories, toll roads, they basically own all the DEBT in the country (huge usury/interest $profits), all the land, the banks and other assets - including stocks which are taxed as capitol gains, a different bracket than income.

2.  You are not a billionaire.  If you were, you would be counting your money all day instead of posting here.  So why do you advocate for billionaires constantly when their economic interests are in direct conflict with yours?  You are like a battered spouse who makes excuses for the guy who keeps beating her ***

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

Benson13 » 10 Jun 2021, 7:45 am » wrote: IRS records reveal how ultra-wealthy avoid income taxes, new report shows
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/06/08/i ... shows.html
The government you want more of makes this possible, they wrote the tax code. But you’re upset at the rich for following the tax code?

Cedar

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 10 Jun 2021, 11:35 pm » wrote: couple things...

1.  Your link talks about people making $540 k per year and lumps them in with billionaires, that’s insane.  In a country of 350 million, the top 1% is about 3.5 million people.  Out of THAT group, the richest 50 own far more than the others COMBINED.  And THOSE are the ones who pay no taxes, that tiny fraction of the populace at the tippy top.

So yeh, millionaires are overtaxed.  Billionaires are not.  And even if they were, you are basing your whole argument here on income tax, which is merely a tax on liquid gains in one year.  It says nothing about how the top .00001% own the media, the airports, the oil refineries and factories, toll roads, they basically own all the DEBT in the country (huge usury/interest $profits), all the land, the banks and other assets - including stocks which are taxed as capitol gains, a different bracket than income.

2.  You are not a billionaire.  If you were, you would be counting your money all day instead of posting here.  So why do you advocate for billionaires constantly when their economic interests are in direct conflict with yours?  You are like a battered spouse who makes excuses for the guy who keeps beating her ***
I hired someone to count my money for me. :cool:  

Benson13

Share      Unread post

Cedar » 11 Jun 2021, 12:08 am » wrote: The government you want more of makes this possible, they wrote the tax code. But you’re upset at the rich for following the tax code?

you're mistaken....I NEVER vote republiKlan

I want the Filibuster gone, along with the Elec College, 

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Benson13 » 11 Jun 2021, 6:01 am » wrote: you're mistaken....I NEVER vote republiKlan

I want the Filibuster gone, along with the Elec College,
That’s because you’re retarded.

Benson13

Share      Unread post

always amazes me at how Subsidized red states and their voters align themselves with the Plantation Owners

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Benson13 » 11 Jun 2021, 6:06 am » wrote: always amazes me at how Subsidized red states and their voters align themselves with the Plantation Owners

I rest my case. :rofl:

Benson13

Share      Unread post

you never had a case

"Right now, the Senate is split evenly in half, but the 50 Democratic senators represent 41.5 million more people than the 50 Republican senators," reported Mara Liasson. "By 2040, if population trends continue, 70% of Americans will be represented by just 30 senators, and 30% of Americans by 70 senators. That has lots of implications, like for the Senate filibuster, where a party that represents a shrinking minority of voters can block almost all major legislation."

https://www.rawstory.com/experts-sound- ... tion_start

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
SJConspirator » 10 Jun 2021, 11:35 pm » wrote: couple things...

You are stating facts that are not in evidence. The fact is the top 1% of income tax payers pay 40% of the tax burden. It's not really known what percentage the top 1% of the 1% pay, not really finding a clear answer to that. They generally pay capital gains taxes, bribe politicians, and have tens of millions in write offs for losses. Guessing they don't pay much in traditional income tax.. We could take every penny from our billionaires and we would still have a government spending problem.