This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,960

This isn't a knock on his views in general, but rather a refutation of a stupid argument he made consistently.

I distinctly remember RichClem claimed, over and over, the USA ranked "highly" on the HuurrDige Index of Freedumb and then used that as "evidence" that supposed "free market" policies "worked."

Now I don't have any beef with the last part that "free market policies work" - although I suspect my definition of a "free market" is different from his and doesn't involve criminal (((Bankers))) front-running the bond market or Amazon effectively being subsidized by taxpayers or Elon Musk selling "carbon credits" so Mother Earth can be saved.

But anyway, let's examine this assumption: that the USA is "high" in economic freedumb. Is this actually true?

I just read a string of rather enlightening testimonials from the ZeroHedge comments section. Basically this guy lives in "third world countries" in South America and claimed he bought property in Venezuela.

Now your first reaction might be, "Why would you buy property in Venezuela? Won't Maduro's SOSHALIzT Gubmint just confiscate it?"

And what he said was pretty shocking...though to be honest it was so **** obvious it's hard to believe most people think the EXACT opposite of what is real.

While Venezuela, ON PAPER, is less "economically friendly" than the United States, they don't have a modernized tracking system. Simply put, unless you are their equivalent of a mega-millionaire or billionaire, they simply do not have the resources to track you (unless you piss off a local official).

Recall back in 2008, when Greece was in deep financial doo-doo and suffered a depression (unlike the US/Germany, which merely suffered recessions), it was reported that tax evasion was VERY common.

Many SMB owners in Greece did business in cash and simply did not report 20, 30, or even 40% of earnings. Now I don't know about you but I'd consider TAX FREE money to be the apex of "economic freedumb."

Now back to Venezuela:

In Venezuela, most of the "small" property owners have very poor records, and it seems most local officials don't give a ****. The districts/provinces/equivalent of US states simply DO NOT HAVE THE RESOURCES to track down who owns what - unless of course, you are a 'big player.'

As long as you keep a low profile, buy property scattered throughout various provinces/districts/whatever they have, it is "very safe" (according to this guy).


Contrast this to the United States, where trash bureaucrats @ the SEC are busy watching porn every day instead of trying to snuff out hedge fund insider trading or the IRS auditing people making $400K a yr because they overstated restaurant expenses by 20% (instead of auditing wealthy parasites and billionaires who are hiding billions in Costa Rica or Cayman or "charitable foundations").

TLDR many of these poor 3rd world countries are "economically freer" simply because the government doesn't have the resources to enforce regulations and tax laws designed to screw over "the little guy" while protecting the wealthy parasites.
 
 

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,960

"Well, many of these 3rd world countries have oppressive dictators who will confiscate your property if you say bad things about the government."

LOL...try saying the N word on Twitter and see how quickly you and your business get cancelled by progressive subhuman retards...

Or my FAVORITE: if you do something that pisses off the oligarchs (like be a whistleblower), they'll conspire against you via some scam like false rape/sexual harassment charges and you'll quickly "resign."
 

User avatar
peepee

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,017

Polar1ty » 10 Jun 2021, 1:07 pm » wrote: This isn't a knock on his views in general, but rather a refutation of a stupid argument he made consistently.

I distinctly remember RichClem claimed, over and over, the USA ranked "highly" on the HuurrDige Index of Freedumb and then used that as "evidence" that supposed "free market" policies "worked."

Now I don't have any beef with the last part that "free market policies work" - although I suspect my definition of a "free market" is different from his and doesn't involve criminal (((Bankers))) front-running the bond market or Amazon effectively being subsidized by taxpayers or Elon Musk selling "carbon credits" so Mother Earth can be saved.

But anyway, let's examine this assumption: that the USA is "high" in economic freedumb. Is this actually true?

I just read a string of rather enlightening testimonials from the ZeroHedge comments section. Basically this guy lives in "third world countries" in South America and claimed he bought property in Venezuela.

Now your first reaction might be, "Why would you buy property in Venezuela? Won't Maduro's SOSHALIzT Gubmint just confiscate it?"

And what he said was pretty shocking...though to be honest it was so **** obvious it's hard to believe most people think the EXACT opposite of what is real.

While Venezuela, ON PAPER, is less "economically friendly" than the United States, they don't have a modernized tracking system. Simply put, unless you are their equivalent of a mega-millionaire or billionaire, they simply do not have the resources to track you (unless you piss off a local official).

Recall back in 2008, when Greece was in deep financial doo-doo and suffered a depression (unlike the US/Germany, which merely suffered recessions), it was reported that tax evasion was VERY common.

Many SMB owners in Greece did business in cash and simply did not report 20, 30, or even 40% of earnings. Now I don't know about you but I'd consider TAX FREE money to be the apex of "economic freedumb."

Now back to Venezuela:

In Venezuela, most of the "small" property owners have very poor records, and it seems most local officials don't give a ****. The districts/provinces/equivalent of US states simply DO NOT HAVE THE RESOURCES to track down who owns what - unless of course, you are a 'big player.'

As long as you keep a low profile, buy property scattered throughout various provinces/districts/whatever they have, it is "very safe" (according to this guy).

Contrast this to the United States, where trash bureaucrats @ the SEC are busy watching porn every day instead of trying to snuff out hedge fund insider trading or the IRS auditing people making $400K a yr because they overstated restaurant expenses by 20% (instead of auditing wealthy parasites and billionaires who are hiding billions in Costa Rica or Cayman or "charitable foundations").

TLDR many of these poor 3rd world countries are "economically freer" simply because the government doesn't have the resources to enforce regulations and tax laws designed to screw over "the little guy" while protecting the wealthy parasites.
...he's probably here hiding under a sok... even that dumb conservative republican @sshole understands how easy it would be to totally embarrass 'the squirmin8or' with all his 'trump in a landslide' 2020 preDICKtions, etc. $hit Image  spew galore...  Image   Image   Image

...just another [email protected] republican-radio-level fool working his hole  Image   about some 'zillion dollar economy' absent an honest clue about the hideous origin, nature, etc., of even one dollar... loud. fool. ....  [although i wish he would come back for me to use as yet another example of what happens to loud [email protected] republican/crat-radio-level fools... Image   
 
 
Last edited by peepee on 10 Jun 2021, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 13,872
Politics: Fascist

Polar1ty » 10 Jun 2021, 1:07 pm » wrote: This isn't a knock on his views in general, but rather a refutation of a stupid argument he made consistently.

I distinctly remember RichClem claimed, over and over, the USA ranked "highly" on the HuurrDige Index of Freedumb and then used that as "evidence" that supposed "free market" policies "worked."

Now I don't have any beef with the last part that "free market policies work" - although I suspect my definition of a "free market" is different from his and doesn't involve criminal (((Bankers))) front-running the bond market or Amazon effectively being subsidized by taxpayers or Elon Musk selling "carbon credits" so Mother Earth can be saved.

But anyway, let's examine this assumption: that the USA is "high" in economic freedumb. Is this actually true?

I just read a string of rather enlightening testimonials from the ZeroHedge comments section. Basically this guy lives in "third world countries" in South America and claimed he bought property in Venezuela.

Now your first reaction might be, "Why would you buy property in Venezuela? Won't Maduro's SOSHALIzT Gubmint just confiscate it?"

And what he said was pretty shocking...though to be honest it was so **** obvious it's hard to believe most people think the EXACT opposite of what is real.

While Venezuela, ON PAPER, is less "economically friendly" than the United States, they don't have a modernized tracking system. Simply put, unless you are their equivalent of a mega-millionaire or billionaire, they simply do not have the resources to track you (unless you piss off a local official).

Recall back in 2008, when Greece was in deep financial doo-doo and suffered a depression (unlike the US/Germany, which merely suffered recessions), it was reported that tax evasion was VERY common.

Many SMB owners in Greece did business in cash and simply did not report 20, 30, or even 40% of earnings. Now I don't know about you but I'd consider TAX FREE money to be the apex of "economic freedumb."

Now back to Venezuela:

In Venezuela, most of the "small" property owners have very poor records, and it seems most local officials don't give a ****. The districts/provinces/equivalent of US states simply DO NOT HAVE THE RESOURCES to track down who owns what - unless of course, you are a 'big player.'

As long as you keep a low profile, buy property scattered throughout various provinces/districts/whatever they have, it is "very safe" (according to this guy).

Contrast this to the United States, where trash bureaucrats @ the SEC are busy watching porn every day instead of trying to snuff out hedge fund insider trading or the IRS auditing people making $400K a yr because they overstated restaurant expenses by 20% (instead of auditing wealthy parasites and billionaires who are hiding billions in Costa Rica or Cayman or "charitable foundations").

TLDR many of these poor 3rd world countries are "economically freer" simply because the government doesn't have the resources to enforce regulations and tax laws designed to screw over "the little guy" while protecting the wealthy parasites.
when you get over the taboo of fascism...you start to notice that the economic miracle of Germany and other fascist countries...which occurred after they embraced socialism (because yes, fascism is socialist, despite all the dumb propaganda about how they were anti socialist)...is a bit embarrassing to free market people.

there are a lot of weird mythologies about economics which are based on 19th century philosophy that has been empirically proven false. Specifically, i am thinking of the nonsense they called the 'community of interests'. This bizarre assumption was simply that what is good for one individual must be good for the community, and visa versa.

Along with the romantic ideas that human beings are innately good...this also branched out into the assumption that 1) all human abilities are innate and can only be SUPPRESSED by social discipline, and 2) each individual is the best judge of what is in his own self interest.

Now clearly, the first world war proved all of these axioms of liberalism to be totally wrong. And there was a widespread cognitive dissonance in reaction to the first world war among the western world...many people did begin to abandon their liberal precepts.

these free market liberatians are just a vestige of an ideology that is effectively extinct. They just have read too much pre world war propaganda...and refuse to notice that everything they believe was refuted by history.

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 20,154

@polarity, repeating history one generation after another retards the understanding of biology front and center sustaining numbers present.

User avatar
peepee

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,017

FOS » 10 Jun 2021, 1:38 pm » wrote: when you get over the taboo of fascism...you start to notice that the economic miracle of Germany and other fascist countries...which occurred after they embraced socialism (because yes, fascism is socialist, despite all the dumb propaganda about how they were anti socialist)...is a bit embarrassing to free market people.

there are a lot of weird mythologies about economics which are based on 19th century philosophy that has been empirically proven false. Specifically, i am thinking of the nonsense they called the 'community of interests'. This bizarre assumption was simply that what is good for one individual must be good for the community, and visa versa.

Along with the romantic ideas that human beings are innately good...this also branched out into the assumption that 1) all human abilities are innate and can only be SUPPRESSED by social discipline, and 2) each individual is the best judge of what is in his own self interest.

Now clearly, the first world war proved all of these axioms of liberalism to be totally wrong. And there was a widespread cognitive dissonance in reaction to the first world war among the western world...many people did begin to abandon their liberal precepts.

these free market liberatians are just a vestige of an ideology that is effectively extinct. They just have read too much pre world war propaganda...and refuse to notice that everything they believe was refuted by history.
...yes those 12 years [well not quite 12 :rofl:  ] before germany was turned into a smoking corpse were pretty good for those at the top... 

...and there's never been a 'free market,' you republican-level *******... for one thing, half of every economic transaction ['the dollar'] is/has been controlled by the '$ecret $quirrels', you recent trumptard and current monetary ignoramus...  Image   
 

User avatar
solon

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 14,036
Politics: Liberal

peepee » 10 Jun 2021, 1:48 pm » wrote: ...yes those 12 years [well not quite 12 Image  ] before germany was turned into a smoking corpse were pretty good for those at the top... 

...and there's never been a 'free market,' you republican-level *******... for one thing, half of every economic transaction ['the dollar'] is/has been controlled by the '$ecret $quirrels', you recent trumptard and current monetary ignoramus...  Image
Not only has there never been a real free market industry and big money would NEVER HAVE IT. They re the FIRST to come crawling and begging for protection and for exemptions. We keep millions unempolyed ON PURPOSE as a gift to industry so that LABOR can never get THEIR part of supply ad demand in that 'free market' They demanded that only SIX workers at a time can be on a picket line. Sympathy strikes are ILLEGAL. No LABOR is never allowed THEIR part of a free market. And CONSERVATIVES are FINE about that. That is just ONE WAY. When chemical industrues and POISONED so much areas of cities and so many rivers they DEMANDED and Got a SUPERFUND so taxpaeyers would pay for their poison and it goes on and on Freeway offramps are determied by BUSSIENSS not Industry gets tax breaks small bussinesses and people would NEVER get. I could go on and on but the point is made not only do we not HAVE a free market the market the conservatives want is not anywhere NEAR free and big money would spend BILLIONS AND BILLIONS to stop a really free market

User avatar
SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,789
Politics: Green

Polar1ty » 10 Jun 2021, 1:07 pm » wrote: This isn't a knock on his views in general, but rather a refutation of a stupid argument he made consistently.

I distinctly remember RichClem claimed, over and over, the USA ranked "highly" on the HuurrDige Index of Freedumb and then used that as "evidence" that supposed "free market" policies "worked."

Now I don't have any beef with the last part that "free market policies work" - although I suspect my definition of a "free market" is different from his and doesn't involve criminal (((Bankers))) front-running the bond market or Amazon effectively being subsidized by taxpayers or Elon Musk selling "carbon credits" so Mother Earth can be saved.

But anyway, let's examine this assumption: that the USA is "high" in economic freedumb. Is this actually true?

I just read a string of rather enlightening testimonials from the ZeroHedge comments section. Basically this guy lives in "third world countries" in South America and claimed he bought property in Venezuela.

Now your first reaction might be, "Why would you buy property in Venezuela? Won't Maduro's SOSHALIzT Gubmint just confiscate it?"

And what he said was pretty shocking...though to be honest it was so **** obvious it's hard to believe most people think the EXACT opposite of what is real.

While Venezuela, ON PAPER, is less "economically friendly" than the United States, they don't have a modernized tracking system. Simply put, unless you are their equivalent of a mega-millionaire or billionaire, they simply do not have the resources to track you (unless you piss off a local official).

Recall back in 2008, when Greece was in deep financial doo-doo and suffered a depression (unlike the US/Germany, which merely suffered recessions), it was reported that tax evasion was VERY common.

Many SMB owners in Greece did business in cash and simply did not report 20, 30, or even 40% of earnings. Now I don't know about you but I'd consider TAX FREE money to be the apex of "economic freedumb."

Now back to Venezuela:

In Venezuela, most of the "small" property owners have very poor records, and it seems most local officials don't give a ****. The districts/provinces/equivalent of US states simply DO NOT HAVE THE RESOURCES to track down who owns what - unless of course, you are a 'big player.'

As long as you keep a low profile, buy property scattered throughout various provinces/districts/whatever they have, it is "very safe" (according to this guy).

Contrast this to the United States, where trash bureaucrats @ the SEC are busy watching porn every day instead of trying to snuff out hedge fund insider trading or the IRS auditing people making $400K a yr because they overstated restaurant expenses by 20% (instead of auditing wealthy parasites and billionaires who are hiding billions in Costa Rica or Cayman or "charitable foundations").

TLDR many of these poor 3rd world countries are "economically freer" simply because the government doesn't have the resources to enforce regulations and tax laws designed to screw over "the little guy" while protecting the wealthy parasites.
The US is swamped in beaurocracy.  There is nothing free market left.  

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,960

solon » 10 Jun 2021, 2:16 pm » wrote: Not only has there never been a real free market industry and big money would NEVER HAVE IT. They re the FIRST to come crawling and begging for protection and for exemptions. We keep millions unempolyed ON PURPOSE as a gift to industry so that LABOR can never get THEIR part of supply ad demand in that 'free market' They demanded that only SIX workers at a time can be on a picket line. Sympathy strikes are ILLEGAL. No LABOR is never allowed THEIR part of a free market. And CONSERVATIVES are FINE about that. That is just ONE WAY. When chemical industrues and POISONED so much areas of cities and so many rivers they DEMANDED and Got a SUPERFUND so taxpaeyers would pay for their poison and it goes on and on Freeway offramps are determied by BUSSIENSS not Industry gets tax breaks small bussinesses and people would NEVER get. I could go on and on but the point is made not only do we not HAVE a free market the market the conservatives want is not anywhere NEAR free and big money would spend BILLIONS AND BILLIONS to stop a really free market
A free market by definition is a market free from monopolists, rent seekers, and other parasites. Contrary to conservative retards' dePHINISHUN it doesn't mean there are no rules for the players or participants.

The closest the USA ever got to a free market was back in the early 1800s. 90% of people were self employed, economic inequality was low, and bankers/Wall St parasites didn't turn everything into a debt monetization scheme.

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,960

SJConspirator » 10 Jun 2021, 2:21 pm » wrote: The US is swamped in beaurocracy.  There is nothing free market left.
That's exactly right. Venezuela is comparatively freer.

The bureaucrats only go after the little guys. They don't care about insider trading, fraud, securities manipulation, etc. @ the highest level.

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,960

FOS » 10 Jun 2021, 1:38 pm » wrote: when you get over the taboo of fascism...you start to notice that the economic miracle of Germany and other fascist countries...which occurred after they embraced socialism (because yes, fascism is socialist, despite all the dumb propaganda about how they were anti socialist)...is a bit embarrassing to free market people.

there are a lot of weird mythologies about economics which are based on 19th century philosophy that has been empirically proven false. Specifically, i am thinking of the nonsense they called the 'community of interests'. This bizarre assumption was simply that what is good for one individual must be good for the community, and visa versa.

Along with the romantic ideas that human beings are innately good...this also branched out into the assumption that 1) all human abilities are innate and can only be SUPPRESSED by social discipline, and 2) each individual is the best judge of what is in his own self interest.

Now clearly, the first world war proved all of these axioms of liberalism to be totally wrong. And there was a widespread cognitive dissonance in reaction to the first world war among the western world...many people did begin to abandon their liberal precepts.

these free market liberatians are just a vestige of an ideology that is effectively extinct. They just have read too much pre world war propaganda...and refuse to notice that everything they believe was refuted by history.

Ackyshually I don't even think the retarded libertarians buy the "community of interest" anymore.

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 20,154

SJConspirator » 10 Jun 2021, 2:21 pm » wrote: The US is swamped in beaurocracy.  There is nothing free market left.  
what is the actual free market, sacrificing biological time to serve humanity in a pay to stay in character role of a lifetime or else.

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 13,872
Politics: Fascist

Polar1ty » 10 Jun 2021, 2:25 pm » wrote: Ackyshually I don't even think the retarded libertarians buy the "community of interest" anymore.

well if they dont then their political philosophy is internally inconsistent.

At least the 19th century political philosophers had a consistent philosophy...it was just based on false assumptions

User avatar
omh

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 20,154

FOS » 10 Jun 2021, 2:27 pm » wrote: well if they dont then their political philosophy is internally inconsistent.

At least the 19th century political philosophers had a consistent philosophy...it was just based on false assumptions
that is different here, how? Oh topics have changed, technology is different, population never stays same people again.

User avatar
SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,789
Politics: Green

Polar1ty » 10 Jun 2021, 2:25 pm » wrote: Ackyshually I don't even think the retarded libertarians buy the "community of interest" anymore.

despite your insult against Libertarians, your argument here is quasi-libertarian

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 110,864
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
peepee » 10 Jun 2021, 1:48 pm » wrote: ...and there's never been a 'free market,' you republican-level *******...
So your opinions about it are faith based, then.

Thanks for that reveal. Image
 

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,960

SJConspirator » 10 Jun 2021, 3:22 pm » wrote: despite your insult against Libertarians, your argument here is quasi-libertarian

Libertarians ceased being advocates of 'free markets' since they started sucking on Wall St, (((bankers))), monopolists, and globalist trash.

That would be...uh...oh IDK, almost 100 yrs back.

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 110,864
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
FOS » 10 Jun 2021, 2:27 pm » wrote: well if they dont then their political philosophy is internally inconsistent.

 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5pESPQpXxE
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 110,864
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
SJConspirator » 10 Jun 2021, 3:22 pm » wrote: despite your insult against Libertarians, your argument here is quasi-libertarian

So is libertarianism.

User avatar
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,960

Lol..."free markets"...

BlackRock is buying homes right now and outbidding regular retail buyers by 20-30%. Normally this would end in disaster (just ask anyone who bought at stock market / RE tops - though the top is still a couple yrs away) for people or corps who make foolish investment decisions, but this is what will happen:

1) RE market begins decline in 2023-2025
2) The (((FEDERAL RESERVE))) will print 'money' (debt) and give it to BR (indirectly of course)
3) BR will then attempt to offload its investment properties to suckers on the way up during a dead cat bounce

Yep...there's your economick freedumb...RichClem is one dumb ****

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Annoyed Liberall, Arris, Benson13, Bidennextpresident, Bill Gates [Bot], Blutarski, Buffalo, ConsRule, FOS, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Hank, Ike Bana, Independent, Isabel, Jantje_Smit, jon, nefarious101, Neo, neue regel, OdeToJoy, PaperLi [Bot], Pengwin, Polar1ty, Semrush [Bot], SJConspirator, sooted up Cyndi, Squatchman, Taipan, Twitter [Bot], user1624551476, Vegas, Yahoo [Bot], Zeets2 and 577 guests