This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

Just another reason to be skeptical of polls. I get that we need to have some system of prediction. I understand that. However, in today's culture, political correctness runs wild. People will say anything just so they society doesn't look down on them. However, PC prevents people from saying how they really feel. Some arguments just aren't worth getting into. So they say what makes people happy so they wont have to deal with blowback. Once in the voting poll, they are free to decide what they wish. The polls said they want women in charge. The same people they polled voted otherwise. 

When they’re asked by pollsters, Americans are all for women in leadership. Heck, nearly everyone — 93 percent — asked in last year’s Gallup poll about the subject said they think a woman could be president within a decade.[Democratic center tightens its hold]But it was a different story once they got to that voting machine in the presidential primaries, knocking off fantastically qualified and intriguing female candidates state after state, going instead with the sure bet — Biden.

Sure, voters say they want women in charge. But they don’t vote like it. (msn.com)

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
Vegas » 10 Jun 2021, 10:36 pm » wrote: Just another reason to be skeptical of polls. I get that we need to have some system of prediction. I understand that. However, in today's culture, political correctness runs wild. People will say anything just so they society doesn't look down on them. However, PC prevents people from saying how they really feel. Some arguments just aren't worth getting into. So they say what makes people happy so they wont have to deal with blowback. Once in the voting poll, they are free to decide what they wish. The polls said they want women in charge. The same people they polled voted otherwise. 

When they’re asked by pollsters, Americans are all for women in leadership. Heck, nearly everyone — 93 percent — asked in last year’s Gallup poll about the subject said they think a woman could be president within a decade.[Democratic center tightens its hold]But it was a different story once they got to that voting machine in the presidential primaries, knocking off fantastically qualified and intriguing female candidates state after state, going instead with the sure bet — Biden.

Sure, voters say they want women in charge. But they don’t vote like it. (msn.com)
Because they lie when they're polled to be pc... .. scared to tell the truth.
 Look at the women politicians we have.. Maxine, Hitlery, the Ho, the Michigan gov, Feinstein, Aoc, The towel head...Pocohantas. That's just a quick list.. They all squeak and hackle.. ******* things. And they seem to behave like tyrants once in power.. :blink:  

Vegas

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 10 Jun 2021, 11:09 pm » wrote: Because they lie when they're polled to be pc... .. scared to tell the truth.
 Look at the women politicians we have.. Maxine, Hitlery, the Ho, the Michigan gov, Feinstein, Aoc, The towel head...Pocohantas. That's just a quick list.. They all squeak and hackle.. ******* things. And they seem to behave like tyrants once in power.. Image

I think people just don't want to argue about it. Unless it's online. If you are surrounded by a bunch of lefties, why the hell would you want to swim through a sea of stupidity? It's easier to just say "yeah, sure." Then vote how you want. 

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Vegas » 10 Jun 2021, 11:12 pm » wrote: I think people just don't want to argue about it. Unless it's online. If you are surrounded by a bunch of lefties, why the hell would you want to swim through a sea of stupidity? It's easier to just say "yeah, sure." Then vote how you want.
Yea. or listen to it.. so predictable.

Vegas

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 10 Jun 2021, 11:22 pm » wrote: Yea. or listen to it.. so predictable.

I can't listen to them ramble on  and on. They say the same stupid **** over and over. 

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Vegas » 10 Jun 2021, 11:23 pm » wrote: I can't listen to them ramble on  and on. They say the same stupid **** over and over.
We have a liberal girlfriend that calls the house... Hey get the phone someone.. tell her I'm sleeping. lol :)  cnn parrot

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
I look at their policies not their gender.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
I think if you look at a person because of their sex instead of their qualifications you're not voting for the right reasons.

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

Crazytrain » 10 Jun 2021, 11:39 pm » wrote: I think if you look at a person because of their sex instead of their qualifications you're not voting for the right reasons.
Or their race.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer

THere you go. I don't look at a person for their gender or race. It's more important that they are qualified in book. 

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Vegas » 10 Jun 2021, 10:36 pm » wrote: Just another reason to be skeptical of polls. I get that we need to have some system of prediction. I understand that. However, in today's culture, political correctness runs wild. People will say anything just so they society doesn't look down on them. However, PC prevents people from saying how they really feel. Some arguments just aren't worth getting into. So they say what makes people happy so they wont have to deal with blowback. Once in the voting poll, they are free to decide what they wish. The polls said they want women in charge. The same people they polled voted otherwise. 

I always give the opposite answer to how I really feel when polled. Polls are meant to influence the vote not reflect it.

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Crazytrain » 10 Jun 2021, 11:49 pm » wrote: THere you go. I don't look at a person for their gender or race. It's more important that they are qualified in book.
How many people voted for Obama only because he was black?

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Cedar » 10 Jun 2021, 11:50 pm » wrote: I always give the opposite answer to how I really feel when polled. Polls are meant to influence the vote not reflect it.
I never answer polls. They are a waste of time.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
I bet 99% of the population haven't ever answered a poll in their lives. I know I have not.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
I think it all depends on how you word the poll.

If you asked the polled if they ever would vote for a women.

93% of the people polled will say they would.

But it all comes down to the person running.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Crazytrain » 10 Jun 2021, 11:49 pm » wrote: THere you go. I don't look at a person for their gender or race. It's more important that they are qualified in book.
That's the thing right there in a nutshell. Exactly what I don't like about the Biden administration.... sloppy Ho is a token dark skinned woman, who didn't even make it thru the primary.. the heath guy/gal is a token tranny.. etc etc...its very obvious and stoopid. pandering for votes.
I luv to answer political polls on the telephone.

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Crazytrain » 10 Jun 2021, 11:53 pm » wrote: I bet 99% of the population haven't ever answered a poll in their lives. I know I have not.
So we’re just getting the opinion of the same one percent over and over again? Doesn’t seem very representative of the actual pulse of the nation.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Cedar » 11 Jun 2021, 12:01 am » wrote: So we’re just getting the opinion of the same one percent over and over again? Doesn’t seem very representative of the actual pulse of the nation.

RIght on.  Polling has never been accurate.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
sootedupCyndi » 10 Jun 2021, 11:57 pm » wrote: That's the thing right there in a nutshell. Exactly what I don't like about the Biden administration.... sloppy Ho is a token dark skinned woman, who didn't even make it thru the primary.. the heath guy/gal is a token tranny.. etc etc...its very obvious and stoopid. pandering for votes.
I luv to answer political polls on the telephone.

SHe was qualified in my opinion. But Biden did pick her because she was a minority. Just like trump got pence because he is a Christian. Pandering always happens on both sides. 

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Crazytrain » 11 Jun 2021, 12:13 am » wrote: SHe was qualified in my opinion. But Biden did pick her because she was a minority. Just like trump got pence because he is a Christian. Pandering always happens on both sides.
well, she isn't doing well already. Intellectually qualified and being able to handle it are two different things. Mike Pence came from talk radio. That's why he was smoothy.