This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Independent

Share      Unread post

Let’s cut through the fear mongering and the hyperbole. 

Since early June, Missouri started a mini spike which appears to be now over after two straight days of decline. 

During that time, COVID deaths continued a precipitous DECLINE, stabilizing at 1-2 per day. Lower than it was in May and April. 

So where the heck are these anecdotal MSM stories coming from that scare the bejesus out of the snowflakes?

This is what we mean when we beg these idiots to get informed.  I like to think they are just over-trusting good hearted fools. But their ripping hate threads tell me otherwise. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/missouri/

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Independent » 18 Jul 2021, 3:58 pm » wrote: Let’s cut through the fear mongering and the hyperbole. 

Since early June, Missouri started a mini spike which appears to be now over after two straight days of decline. 

During that time, COVID deaths continued a precipitous DECLINE, stabilizing at 1-2 per day. Lower than it was in May and April. 

So where the heck are these anecdotal MSM stories coming from that scare the bejesus out of the snowflakes?

This is what we mean when we beg these idiots to get informed.  I like to think they are just over-trusting good hearted fools. But their ripping hate threads tell me otherwise. 

Great, wonderful, pour yourself a stiff drink and celebrate, but it doesn't change the most basic fact - it's a deadly global pandemic which we have vaccines for.  Take your **** shots like good kiddos, people.

Society has the right to say that, night and day, until you give in and - do the right Goddamned thing for yourself and the rest of us!

Independent

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 18 Jul 2021, 5:09 pm » wrote: Great, wonderful, pour yourself a stiff drink and celebrate, but it doesn't change the most basic fact - it's a deadly global pandemic which we have vaccines for.  Take your **** shots like good kiddos, people.

Society has the right to say that, night and day, until you give in and - do the right Goddamned thing for yourself and the rest of us!
Data will soon come out that vaccinated will have a tougher time with Delta than unvaccinated. 

Nevertheless, the right thing to do is everyone get the virus, be allowed to have the best treatments, and put it behind us. 

The vaccine has always been a false hope. 

Last edited by Independent on 18 Jul 2021, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker
Track Star, Question Ducker

Independent » 18 Jul 2021, 5:13 pm » wrote: Data will soon come out that vaccinated will have a tougher time with Delta than unvaccinated.  Because it is T cells, not antibodies which matter more, and the vaccinated have slightly crippled their T cell response. 

Nevertheless, the right thing to do is everyone get the virus, be allowed to have the best treatments, and put it behind us. 

No.  That would be very bad medical advice based on the science 

Independent

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 18 Jul 2021, 5:15 pm » wrote: No.  That would be very bad medical advice based on what I’ve been told
FIFY

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Independent » 18 Jul 2021, 3:58 pm » wrote: Missouri
This is what we mean when we beg these idiots to get informed.
It's a little late, for that.
Porky Limbaugh's currently crawling with worms.....and, pushing up daisies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMsxTUkEfQw

OdeToJoy

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

Independent » 18 Jul 2021, 3:58 pm » wrote: Let’s cut through the fear mongering and the hyperbole. 

I took a look at worldometer graphs, and the last date showed July 1st; almost 3 weeks ago.  Also, the reason that no deaths have been posted for 2 days is because it is the weekend, and those numbers are not posted until Monday or Tuesday.

BTW, all of the worldometer graphs were going straight up, even in June.

I trust the hospital administrators, and ICU personnel, to give me the true information.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/article252855898.html

The summer surge in COVID-19 cases continued Saturday in Missouri, with the state health department reporting 1,771 newly confirmed cases.

Data from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services also showed another uptick in hospitalizations.

The state's COVID-19 dashboard showed 1,424 people hospitalized across the state, up 67 from the previous day. The number of patients in intensive care units rose by 15 to 440.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Independent » 18 Jul 2021, 5:13 pm » wrote: Data will soon come out that vaccinated will have a tougher time with Delta than unvaccinated. 

Data will soon come out that vaccinated will have a tougher time with Delta than unvaccinated. 
Why do you **** presume, Mall Cop?

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
OdeToJoy » 18 Jul 2021, 8:11 pm » wrote: I took a look at worldometer graphs, and the last date showed July 1st; almost 3 weeks ago.  Also, the reason that no deaths have been posted for 2 days is because it is the weekend, and those numbers are not posted until Monday or Tuesday.

I trust the hospital administrators, and ICU personnel, to give me the true information.

The summer surge in COVID-19 cases continued Saturday in Missouri, with the state health department reporting 1,771 newly confirmed cases.

Data from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services also showed another uptick in hospitalizations.

The state's COVID-19 dashboard showed 1,424 people hospitalized across the state, up 67 from the previous day. The number of patients in intensive care units rose by 15 to 440.
Too bad Independent is too much of a coward to credit whoever spun that crap..

OdeToJoy

Share      Unread post

https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/hea ... 1d43b.html

The number of cases and positivity rates have actually been “significantly higher” during May and June of this year compared with last, according to an analysis by the hospital association.

Between May 1 and July 2, the state added 34,219 COVID-19 cases compared with 18,599 during the same period last year — an 84% difference. The same months saw a positivity rate of 5.2% this year compared with 3.9% last year.

St. Louis-area hospitals on Wednesday reported an average of 39 new COVID-19 patients getting admitted each day, more than double what it was a month ago. A total of 265 confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients were hospitalized. Nine patients died in the previous two days.

Mercy’s hospital in Joplin on Wednesday had 62 COVID-19 patients, surpassing its record number of patients reached in November, said Jeremy Drinkwitz, the hospital’s president. Across Joplin’s hospital systems, 104 patients were hospitalized with COVID-19, the city’s website showed.

Mercy Springfield last week surged past its winter peak of 113 COVID-19 patients and has remained above 130 patients for several days. While it previously took nearly five months to go from 24 to 113 patients, it took only 39 days to go from 26 to 128 patients in the latest surge, said Mercy Springfield Chief Administrative Officer Erik Frederick.

Mercy and CoxHealth in Springfield together reported a total of 231 COVID-19 patients on Wednesday, up from 94 just a month ago and nearly passing their peak of 237 patients.

Across the state, new daily cases of coronavirus in Missouri have topped 2,000 for two days in a row — 2,276 on Tuesday and 2,240 on Wednesday. The total is the highest seen since Jan. 29, pushing the seven-day daily average to 1,608, about double what it was just two weeks ago.

OdeToJoy

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 18 Jul 2021, 8:24 pm » wrote: Too bad Independent is too much of a coward to credit whoever spun that crap..
It is an old con trick.  Post a source, and then claim it says the opposite.

Worldometer graphs showed surging numbers through May and June, but Independent hoped nobody would take a look.

Last edited by OdeToJoy on 18 Jul 2021, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OdeToJoy

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 18 Jul 2021, 8:24 pm » wrote: Too bad Independent is too much of a coward to credit whoever spun that crap..
https://www.douglascountyherald.com/202 ... a-variant/

Missouri continues to be one of the top states adding the most new COVID cases per capita, and was only second to Arkansas as of Thursday morning, according to a The New York Times analysis of states’ data.

On Wednesday, the state added 1,663 cases identified through both PCR and antigen tests — the highest daily count since Feb. 5. Hospitalizations statewide were up more than 40 percent in June, and at 994 as of Sunday.

Health officials believe the rapid rise in new cases has been driven largely by the Delta variant’s spread coupled with low vaccination rates. First detected in rural corners of the state, the variant that was first reported in India has now firmly taken hold in Missouri and has been found in wastewater in the state’s largest metros.

Experts predict that with its rise, cases could double or triple in the next few weeks.

It’s also contributed to a rapid deterioration of the state’s healthcare infrastructure that is reminiscent of the worst peaks Missouri saw last fall.Hospital leaders in southwest Missouri issued urgent pleas on social media asking for respiratory therapists and traveling nurses to help come to their aid.

“Springfield, Mo is struggling with surging Covid volumes. Cox has plenty of ventilators, PPE, but our heroic RT staff need re-enforcements,” CoxHealth President and CEO Steve Edwards wrote Tuesday, later adding: “We would be so grateful.”By Thursday over 40 had reached out in response, he tweeted.

With 116 COVID-positive patients on July 4, it was another “new day, new record,” for Mercy Springfield Communities. Just two days later they would surpass it and reach 122.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
OdeToJoy » 18 Jul 2021, 8:29 pm » wrote: It is an old con trick.  Post a source, and the claim it says the opposite.

Worldometer graphs showed surging numbers through May and June, but Independent hoped nobody would take a look.
Illiterate, innumerate, credulous..

nefarious101

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 18 Jul 2021, 5:09 pm » wrote: Great, wonderful, pour yourself a stiff drink and celebrate, but it doesn't change the most basic fact - it's a deadly global pandemic which we have vaccines for.  Take your **** shots like good kiddos, people.

OMG......we are all gonna die.......................................................................................................................eventually 

Independent

Share      Unread post

OdeToJoy » 18 Jul 2021, 8:11 pm » wrote: I took a look at worldometer graphs, and the last date showed July 1st; almost 3 weeks ago.  Also, the reason that no deaths have been posted for 2 days is because it is the weekend, and those numbers are not posted until Monday or Tuesday.

Wow. Liar. Really??  You can do better than lying. 

Independent

Share      Unread post

OdeToJoy
It is an old con trick.  Post a source, and then claim it says the opposite.

July 18. They update every day. 

Nice circle jerk with BV who didn’t even check that you lied. 

Wow!  The audacity!

Independent

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 18 Jul 2021, 8:44 pm » wrote: Illiterate, innumerate, credulous..
Yes he is. You can add liar. 

You fell for it. Puppet. 

Independent

Share      Unread post

I’m sorry. I can’t get over this. I’m absolutely floored.

I’m totally fine if you state a different opinion.

But if I post a data source and someone blatantly lies to everyone about it. And implies I’m the one lying.

That’s so beyond the pale.

Ode to joy should be blacklisted from this site.

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Independent » 18 Jul 2021, 5:13 pm » wrote: Data will soon come out that vaccinated will have a tougher time with Delta than unvaccinated. 

Both statements are utter nonsense, and neither makes any sense at all based on the science or the real world results so far.

You have turned the obvious truth upside down, and backwards.

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

nefarious101 » 18 Jul 2021, 8:56 pm » wrote: OMG......we are all gonna die.......................................................................................................................eventually 

Sooner now, for people like you, and I no longer mind.  You had your chance to do the right thing for yourselves, and you didn't.

Now society will be stepping in.  We also have our rights (and they supersede yours)...