This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
In an exchange between Rand Paul and Fauci the pandemic superstar didn't deny that the NIH was funding virus research in Wuhan. Didn't deny that they funded research involving bat derived coronavirus manipulation to facilitate cross species propagation. He denied that such research fit the definition of gain of function and thus didn't fall under the 2014 moratorium on such research. How is manipulation of a bat virus so it can infect humans not gain of function research? 

Fauci clearly lied to Congress when he testified that the NIH wasn't funding gain of function research at Wuhan. He should be tried accordingly. 

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Bumped for solon, expert in Lie Detectology.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
for anyone who didn't catch it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqUOcVwRUtc

Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

Neo » 20 Jul 2021, 6:21 pm » wrote: ...Fauci clearly lied to Congress when he testified that the NIH wasn't funding gain of function research at Wuhan. He should be tried accordingly.
That's just it... Fauci is dirty... and he knows it...but technically he didn't lie... I just posted this in the other place....

‘You don’t know what you’re talking about!’: Fauci LOSES IT with Sen. Rand Paul over Wuhan lab funding accusations

White House coronavirus adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci has told Kentucky Senator Rand Paul “You don’t know what you’re talking about,” after Paul accused him of lying about his alleged role in controversial virus research in China.

Questioning Fauci during a Senate Health Committee hearing on Tuesday about the government’s coronavirus response, Sen. Paul (R) implied that Fauci lied to Congress in May when he said that the National Institute of Health (NIH) did not fund so-called ‘gain-of-function’ research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China, believed by many to be the source of the coronavirus pandemic.

I have never lied before the Congress, and I do not retract that statement,” Fauci replied.

Paul presented a 2015 academic paper that asserts such research did take place at the Wuhan lab, and was partly funded by the NIH. One US scientist has reviewed the paper and concluded that the research within “seemed to meet the definition of gain-of-function,” — but that it did not lead to the creation of the novel coronavirus. The term 'gain-of-function' refers to modifying and increasing the transmissibility of animal viruses to better study their effect on humans

“This paper that you’re referring to was judged … up and down the chain as not being gain-of-function,” Fauci responded, before Paul interjected.

You take an animal virus and you increase its transmissibility to humans, you’re saying that’s not gain-of-function?” Paul asked.

“That is correct, and Senator Paul, you do not know what you are talking about, quite frankly, and I want to say that officially,” Fauci snapped back.

Despite the paper’s own definition of gain-of-function research seemingly being the same as Paul’s, the White House scientist still insisted that the research outlined in the 2015 paper “is not” the same thing.

Fauci is dirty... and he knows it....

Notice how he is trying to weasel his way out of it.... it was 'judged' not to be gain-of function... so technically I'm not lying...

lol

And who exactly did the judging?

Last edited by Jantje_Smit on 21 Jul 2021, 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Jantje_Smit » 21 Jul 2021, 1:11 am » wrote: That's just it... Fauci is dirty... and he knows it...but technically he didn't lie... I just posted this in the other place....

‘You don’t know what you’re talking about!’: Fauci LOSES IT with Sen. Rand Paul over Wuhan lab funding accusations

White House coronavirus adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci has told Kentucky Senator Rand Paul “You don’t know what you’re talking about,” after Paul accused him of lying about his alleged role in controversial virus research in China.

Questioning Fauci during a Senate Health Committee hearing on Tuesday about the government’s coronavirus response, Sen. Paul (R) implied that Fauci lied to Congress in May when he said that the National Institute of Health (NIH) did not fund so-called ‘gain-of-function’ research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China, believed by many to be the source of the coronavirus pandemic.

I have never lied before the Congress, and I do not retract that statement,” Fauci replied.

Paul presented a 2015 academic paper that asserts such research did take place at the Wuhan lab, and was partly funded by the NIH. One US scientist has reviewed the paper and concluded that the research within “seemed to meet the definition of gain-of-function,” — but that it did not lead to the creation of the novel coronavirus. The term 'gain-of-function' refers to modifying and increasing the transmissibility of animal viruses to better study their effect on humans

“This paper that you’re referring to was judged … up and down the chain as not being gain-of-function,” Fauci responded, before Paul interjected.

You take an animal virus and you increase its transmissibility to humans, you’re saying that’s not gain-of-function?” Paul asked.

“That is correct, and Senator Paul, you do not know what you are talking about, quite frankly, and I want to say that officially,” Fauci snapped back.

Despite the paper’s own definition of gain-of-function research seemingly being the same as Paul’s, the White House scientist still insisted that the research outlined in the 2015 paper “is not” the same thing.

Notice how is trying to weasel his way out of it.... it was 'judged' not to be gain-of function... so technically I'm not lying...

lol

And who exactly did the judging?
Rand Paul was just on tv.. It looks like fauci is in deep do do.
They have his emails going back and forth with other scientists in a panic over the virus coming from that lab. Right in the beginning of the epidemic.. he knew.
They are requesting a criminal investigation... fauci should be fired.  Question is? like always, will anything ever get done..

Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 21 Jul 2021, 1:36 am » wrote: Rand Paul was just on tv.. It looks like fauci is in deep do do.
They have his emails going back and forth with other scientists in a panic over the virus coming from that lab. Right in the beginning of the epidemic.. he knew.
They are requesting a criminal investigation... fauci should be fired.  Question is? like always, will anything ever get done..
Oh, the Fauci creep knew....and they all know he knew... but the democrats.... the leadership and the swamp... have invested a lot in Fauci and the covid 1984 scheme... they love the idea of the new normal... so they won't let anything bad happen to Fauci... there won't be a criminal investigation...

And they have the 'fact' checking liberal MSM propaganda on their side... this is CNN... notice the difference in headlines....

Damn, I just looked and it's already gone from the front page... lol... they really want it to go away...

But to show what I mean....

At issue were Paul's unfounded claims that the National Institutes of Health played a role in funding research that led to the origin of the Covid-19 pandemic.

I bet all the snowflakes will use the same excuse.... you have no proof that he lied... hahahaha...

DennisTheMenace

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

Rand Paul is an ophthalmologist. He's not a real doctor.  Is that his real hair?

He knows nothing about virology.

Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

DennisTheMenace » 21 Jul 2021, 5:45 am » wrote: Rand Paul is an ophthalmologist. He's not a real doctor.  Is that his real hair?

He knows nothing about virology.

It doesn't take a virologist to see what Fauci did...

But it does take some intelligence and a non brainwashed mind.... and you fail on both points...

Stoopid injun

:die:  

Benson13

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

DennisTheMenace

Share      Unread post

Jantje_Smit » 21 Jul 2021, 6:40 am » wrote: It doesn't take a virologist to see what Fauci did...

But it does take some intelligence and a non brainwashed mind.... and you fail on both points...

Stoopid injun

Really?  In your expert "Dutch" opinion (for what it's worth)...what did Dr. Fauci do? 

Just a reminder...this is a US judicial system situation...it's not the Hague.  

Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

Yes, you really are a stoopid injun
In your expert "Dutch" opinion (for what it's worth)...what did Dr. Fauci do? 
lol... just the fact that you have to ask proves how stoopid you are
Just a reminder...this is a US judicial system situation...it's not the Hague.   Image
And you should read my posts before you make your clueless comments.... might make you a appear little less stoopid...

Nah, just kidding... we both know that will never happen...

:faint:  

Atomic blonde

Share      Unread post

Republican PartyDoctorBeer
Shocker. A Jew who would step on anyone for their own agenda 

DennisTheMenace

Share      Unread post

Jantje_Smit » 21 Jul 2021, 7:12 am » wrote: Yes, you really are a stoopid injun

And you should read my posts before you make your clueless comments.... might make you a appear little less stoopid...

You should mind your own business and stick to dutch matters.  No pun intended.  Image  

Are you eligible to vote in the US? 

DennisTheMenace

Share      Unread post

Jantje_Smit » 21 Jul 2021, 7:12 am » wrote: Yes, you really are a stoopid injun

You are an idiot...why would I waste my time reading your posts?

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Neo » 20 Jul 2021, 6:21 pm » wrote: In an exchange between Rand Paul and Fauci ......

.....Doc Fauci WENT MEDIEVAL ON RANDY PAUL'S NARROW ***!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kM2wJbbvW8

DennisTheMenace

Share      Unread post

DennisTheMenace » 21 Jul 2021, 7:38 am » wrote: You are an idiot...why would I waste my time reading your posts?

And your Dutch.  Double dumb Dutch. 

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Jantje_Smit » 21 Jul 2021, 1:11 am » wrote:
You forgot to say "BELIEVE ME!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q4_sVysd2c

Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

DennisTheMenace » 21 Jul 2021, 7:38 am » wrote: You are an idiot...why would I waste my time reading your posts?
No reason... for you it would be a total waste of time....

You should think about that... but trying that would be a total waste of your time too...
And your Dutch.  Double dumb Dutch.
It's you're.. not your... learn to spell before you accuse others of being dumb...

Stoopid injun

:rofl:  

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Jantje_Smit » 21 Jul 2021, 2:13 am » wrote:
sootedupCyndi » 21 Jul 2021, 1:36 am » wrote:

Rand Paul was just on tv.. It looks like fauci is in deep do do.

Oh, the Fauci creep knew....and they all know he knew...

"BELIEVE ME!!!!!"

neue regel

Share      Unread post

Fauci will be able to say he was technically telling the truth and that will be the end of it.