This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

"Labor shortage"

"We pay $14/hr"

Shocked Pikachu face.jpg

Last edited by Polar1ty on 21 Jul 2021, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

I posted this in another thread, maybe someone with basic math skills can compute/comprehend (regardless of how low IQ this place is, at least a few ppl will "get it"):
Here's some fun trivia: Back in the 60s, the minimum wage was around 5 silver quarters per hr. 5 silver quarters today is worth around $21 (I'm using the price of silver as a proxy of true measurable value since it's more reliable than the fake inflation statistics put out by the Bureau of Lies and Stupidity)
 If the real value of MW is far below what it was back in 1965, there is no "shortage" [of labor]. And keep in mind that $21 adjusted is a MINIMUM WAGE, not a median wage. Median would probably be closer to $35-40 or something an hour while your median today is like $17.50 an hour.
And indeed, if you do the math, $35-40 an hour would easily enable a family breadwinner to purchase a 1200 sq ft house (average size of a house back then) and pay off the mortgage within something like 6-8 years. 

​​​​​Not that $70-80K is anything to brag about, but at least you're no longer having to clip coupons just to buy the cheapest groceries or expired meat that's been repackaged and sprayed with red food coloring at Lucky's or Safeway.

Last edited by Polar1ty on 21 Jul 2021, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Sysco, sysco Jeezus H. Christ what the hell has the world come to? Way back in the day, summer camp meant you took turns helping in the kitchen, your arse chased chickens for dinner, you picked potatoes, carrots, peas (veggies) and learned to catch, scale and clean fish!

Guess summer camp these days are lining kids up to play X-box. We came a long a way baby.
LOL
It's true...summer camp back in 1970 meant kids probably got to experience actual food from the farm...now it's standardized garbage from Sysco or Tyson Foods...

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

Polar1ty » 21 Jul 2021, 1:04 am » wrote: I posted this in another thread, maybe someone with basic math skills can compute/comprehend (regardless of how low IQ this place is, at least a few ppl will "get it"):

And indeed, if you do the math, $35-40 an hour would easily enable a family breadwinner to purchase a 1200 sq ft house (average size of a house back then) and pay off the mortgage within something like 6-8 years. 

​​​​​Not that $70-80K is anything to brag about, but at least you're no longer having to clip coupons just to buy the cheapest groceries or expired meat that's been repackaged and sprayed with red food coloring at Lucky's or Safeway.
5 junk silver quarters have a melt value of $27.70. :ninja:

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Cedar » 21 Jul 2021, 3:36 am » wrote: 5 junk silver quarters have a melt value of $27.70. Image
My bad. I quoted some figure that was prob used back in 2018 or something when silver was lower in price.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

Cedar » 21 Jul 2021, 3:36 am » wrote: 5 junk silver quarters have a melt value of $27.70. Image
Which makes the point even more valid… why was wages so much higher in the sixties, when we have automation, hence abundance so much greater now?

As society gains more wealth, the average worker becomes more poor.  **** this country, I’m done with it.  I am glad that 2 of my income streams are totally undetectable by the feds, and cannot be taxed.  

peepee

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 21 Jul 2021, 9:07 am » wrote: Which makes the point even more valid… why was wages so much higher in the sixties, when we have automation, hence abundance so much greater now?
...[can/will someone else explain to this 'white nationalist' [email protected] that the 'wages' about which he fulminates Image  are measured in a numerical unit of account known to him and his fellow mullets as 'dollars'...and that if/when he ever expects to offer non-asinine opinions as to 'wage$' he must first possess an honest understanding of the origin, nature, etc., of said 'dollars'...]  Image  

[and i bet this dummy's iq is higher than fos's!]   Image  

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

peepee » 21 Jul 2021, 9:18 am » wrote: ...[can/will someone else explain to this 'white nationalist' [email protected] that the 'wages' about which he fulminates Image  are measured in a numerical unit of account known to him and his fellow mullets as 'dollars'...and that if/when he ever expects to offer non-asinine opinions as to 'wage$' he must first possess an honest understanding of the origin, nature, etc., of said 'dollars'...]  Image  

[and i bet this dummy's iq is even higher than fos's!]   Image

Can you ever address the OP?  In the 1960s, a family could be raised on one income, now they cannot.  Could feminist propaganda funded by the CIA have anything to do with it, you one note wonder?

peepee

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 21 Jul 2021, 9:21 am » wrote: Can you ever address the OP?  In the 1960s, a family could be raised on one income, now they cannot.  Could feminist propaganda funded by the CIA have anything to do with it, you one note wonder?
...[can someone else explain to this @sshole that 'the CIA' is sub$ervient to 'the bankster$' and that his CONSTANT ONE DRONE NOTE of criticizing mere puppet$ here and everywhere is really really stooooooooooooooooooooooopid... in fact, it's precisely what the puppetma$ter$/his true rulers want from republicrat-level [email protected] like him...]  Image     

Last edited by peepee on 21 Jul 2021, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

peepee » 21 Jul 2021, 9:42 am » wrote: ...[can someone else explain to this @sshole that 'the CIA' is sub$ervient to 'the bankster$' and that his CONSTANT ONE DRONE NOTE sh!t-spew here and everywhere amounts to criticizing, focusing on, etc., mere puppet$...precisely what the puppetma$ter$ want from republicrat-level [email protected] like him...]  Image

ConsRule

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

SJConspirator » 21 Jul 2021, 9:21 am » wrote: Can you ever address the OP?  In the 1960s, a family could be raised on one income, now they cannot. 

Might have something to do with people not wanting to live within their financial means.  Just because some people across town have a luxury vehicle (or two), wear the finest clothes and live in a large home doesn't mean you have the right to do the same.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

ConsRule » 21 Jul 2021, 9:44 am » wrote: Might have something to do with people not wanting to live within their financial means.  Just because some people across town have a luxury vehicle (or two), wear the finest clothes and live in a large home doesn't mean you have the right to do the same.
It has already been demonstrated in this thread the the average wage for workers in the mid 1960s was the equivalent of $24 to $26/hr or $70 to $80k/yr in todays money.  

The feminist movement brainwashed women to get out of the kitchen and become taxable wage slaves, doubling the workforce, making workers in the marketplace less valuable.  Labor can be considered a commodity, and if you flood the labor market, the value of labor goes down - Economics 101.

Last edited by SJConspirator on 21 Jul 2021, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

peepee

Share      Unread post

Image   Image  

...this puppet Image  sucking dummy spends his whole life bleating about mere puppet$...what else could one expect... but seriously, thank you for your readership!.. Image    

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

peepee » 21 Jul 2021, 9:51 am » wrote: Image   Image  

...this puppet Image  sucking dummy spends his whole life bleating about mere puppet$...what else could one expect... but seriously, that you for your readership!.. Image

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Feminism told women that facing deadlines, office politics, workplace stress and a early grave for low pay was infinitely more rewarding that watching her children grow.. and they bought it. Jewish propaganda is powerful.

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

SJConspirator » 21 Jul 2021, 9:07 am » wrote: Which makes the point even more valid… why was wages so much higher in the sixties, when we have automation, hence abundance so much greater now?

As society gains more wealth, the average worker becomes more poor.  **** this country, I’m done with it.  I am glad that 2 of my income streams are totally undetectable by the feds, and cannot be taxed.
I got a nice income stream, its called UNEMPLOYMENT! I am '
gainfully unemployed" my new career!
:die:  

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Why couldn't the Campers bring snares, cross bows, hunting rifles and fishing tackle to provide their own food..?
What is the point of "camping" if you don't kill your own meat...? :rolleyes: 

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

nuckinfutz » 21 Jul 2021, 10:39 am » wrote: I got a nice income stream, its called UNEMPLOYMENT! I am '
gainfully unemployed" my new career!
**** that.  I own vending machines and small mushroom business.  All cash transactions, untraceable.  I don't want the states money, everybody takes money from the government and then becomes dependent on the government, preventing any revolt, crushing any organized dissent before it begins.  That was the secondary goal of feminism.. create total dependence on the state, replacing men in the lives of women and children, replacing them with Big intrusive government

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

SJConspirator » 21 Jul 2021, 10:55 am » wrote: **** that.  I own vending machines and small mushroom business.  All cash transactions, untraceable.  I don't want the states money, everybody takes money from the government and then becomes dependent on the government, preventing any revolt, crushing any organized dissent before it begins.  That was the secondary goal of feminism.. create total dependence on the state, replacing men in the lives of women and children, replacing them with Big intrusive government
Did the Revolution start without you?
you been watching FAUX GNUS again?
:lol:   :lol:   :lol:  Image