This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Benson13

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

Reporters Carol Leonnig and Phil Rucker's new book, I Alone Can Fix It, ends with a conversation with Donald Trump where he rattles off a random slate of conspiracy theories from attacking the 86 judges who wouldn't rule in his favor to the Supreme Court.

But one major part of the recording has Trump saying that the whole ordeal was the fault of the Capitol Police because they "ushered" the protesters inside the building. Nothing of the sort happened, so it's unclear where Trump got his information. Protesters used poles and stole police shields to break windows and doors in an effort to get into the building.

"We want to understand what did you want when you said 'go up there'?" Leonnig says in the recording, referring to Trump saying that he was going to march with the crowd to the Capitol.

"I would have said that you will show — not to go in, although they were ushered in by the police. I mean, in all fairness, the Capitol Police were ushering people in. The Capitol Police were very friendly, hugging and kissing -- you don't see that, but there's plenty of tape on that too, the Capitol Police, that's the way it is. I wanted -- personally, what I wanted is what they wanted. They showed up. Just to show support. Because I happen to believe the election was rigged. At a level like nothing has ever been rigged before. There's tremendous proof. There's tremendous proof. Statistically, it wasn't even possible that he won. I mean, things such as in Ohio, Iowa, there's never been a loss."

"Did you need better lawyers because they took it to court—?" asked Rucker.

"I needed better judges. The Supreme Court was afraid to take it, don't forget," said Trump.

Listen to the recording below: 

https://youtu.be/TPNzP_eXIVk

Benson13

Share      Unread post

rednecks....do you now understand why Putin wanted and needed your INSANE POS in the WH?

hint....Putin HATES our Democracy

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Guess they missed the video of cops holding open doors and the brave actions of some law enforcement to lead tours for the invaders to keep them away from the huddled representatives. They were praised for giving these tours which now didn't happen?

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Benson13 » 22 Jul 2021, 7:46 am » wrote: rednecks....do you now understand why Putin wanted and needed your INSANE POS in the WH?

hint....Putin HATES our Democracy
I understand he wanted the American people divided and the progressives were his all too willing **** puppets.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Neo » 22 Jul 2021, 7:51 am » wrote: Guess they missed the video of cops holding open doors and the brave actions of some law enforcement to lead tours for the invaders to keep them away from the huddled representatives. They were praised for giving these tours which now didn't happen?
Are you sticking to "jan 6 was just a tour gone bad"?

Benson13

Share      Unread post

Neo » 22 Jul 2021, 7:52 am » wrote: I understand he wanted the American people divided and the progressives were his all too willing **** puppets.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Neo » 22 Jul 2021, 7:52 am » wrote: I understand he wanted the American people divided and the progressives were his all too willing **** puppets.
https://youtu.be/l6qqPGVPxFg

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Blackvegetable » 22 Jul 2021, 7:56 am » wrote: Are you sticking to "jan 6 was just a tour gone bad"?
No, it was a riot and fits the definition of an insurrection. An unarmed and occasionally violent take over of a government building. I found the actions disgusting and unhelpful, as did a vast majority of the protesters in the Capitol that day. Those who broke laws should be punished. That said it was minor in comparison to the months of burning and looting and occupation that were occurring just a few months earlier. 

Benson13

Share      Unread post

at a redneck rally......

""I'm like.....like.......smart........very very smart""

and the maga Morons Clap and Cheer

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Neo » 22 Jul 2021, 8:02 am » wrote: I don't buy that.

QaNeonSellOut,

You've already made such sympathies clear....

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Neo » 22 Jul 2021, 8:00 am » wrote: No, it was a riot and fits the definition of an insurrection. An unarmed and occasionally violent take over of a government building. I found the actions disgusting and unhelpful, as did a vast majority of the protesters in the Capitol that day. Those who broke laws should be punished. That said it was minor in comparison to the months of burning and looting and occupation that were occurring just a few months earlier.

I found the actions disgusting and unhelpful, as did a vast majority of the protesters in the Capitol that day.
As you typed this, was there a brief moment of hesitation - or is the liturgy sufficiently ingrained that Shame long since walked out of the building?