This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... cy-228045/
Rosenberg, a professor at UC Irvine, was challenging a core assumption about America and the West. His theory? Democracy is devouring itself—his phrase — and it won’t last.As much as President Donald Trump’s liberal critics might want to lay America’s ills at his door, Rosenberg says the president is not the cause of democracy’s fall—even if Trump’s successful anti-immigrant populist campaign may have been a symptom of democracy’s decline.We’re to blame, said Rosenberg. As in “we the people.” 

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. 
     -  John Adams

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

I used to believe in Democracy. I underestimated how susceptible the human brain is to propaganda, how much it lacks critical thinking, and how lazy the mind really is when it comes to long term planning and gaining a wide perspective.

Democracy is not the ideal form of government.

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 22 Jul 2021, 10:05 am » wrote: I used to believe in Democracy. I underestimated how susceptible the human brain is to propaganda, how much it lacks critical thinking, and how lazy the mind really is when it comes to long term planning and gaining a wide perspective.

We may need to create a hybrid. Not sure what it is.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Bidennextpresident » 22 Jul 2021, 10:36 am » wrote: We may need to create a hybrid. Not sure what it is.

A technocracy.  A computer program coded to govern in a way that provides the greatest utility and freedom possible, within sensible limits

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker

SJConspirator » 22 Jul 2021, 10:05 am » wrote: I used to believe in Democracy. I underestimated how susceptible the human brain is to propaganda, how much it lacks critical thinking, and how lazy the mind really is when it comes to long term planning and gaining a wide perspective.

Then get the **** out

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 22 Jul 2021, 10:46 am » wrote: A technocracy.  A computer program coded to govern in a way that provides the greatest utility and freedom possible, within sensible limits
With AI, that could be a possibility.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 22 Jul 2021, 10:46 am » wrote: A technocracy.  A computer program coded to govern in a way that provides the greatest utility and freedom possible, within sensible limits
GIGO

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Bidennextpresident » 22 Jul 2021, 10:48 am » wrote: With AI, that could be a possibility.
Dude he wants a white supremacist nation where women are slaves

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 22 Jul 2021, 10:48 am » wrote: Dude he wants a white supremacist nation where women are slaves

I never saw him say that.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Can you morph into a guy with something interesting to talk about?

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Ask him

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 22 Jul 2021, 10:50 am » wrote: Can you morph into a guy with something interesting to talk about?
You first

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Not interested.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Lies.  Projection.  You are projecting your own wishes on me, with a twist... you want white men to be slaves to Jews, herded into tiny polluted cities working to power the machines while the Jew masters are free to roam the earth, extract organs from the populace at will to gain immortality, and explore outer space.

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Good article by Rosenberg. I would challenge the term "right wing populism" because the movement has nothing to do with populism. They are neo-fascists.

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

Bidennextpresident » 22 Jul 2021, 10:36 am » wrote: We may need to create a hybrid. Not sure what it is.
Ever heard of fascism?

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

FOS » 22 Jul 2021, 11:26 am » wrote: Ever heard of fascism?

Yes, studied it in high school. Which you did not as a drop out. Everyone is more informed than you.

FOS

Share      Unread post

we already have this. Not computers per se, but technocrats.

Our elected politicians do not hold the real power in this country.

If you are ruled by computers, it will wind up being for the benefit of computers. The 'sensible limits' will be anything that might harm computer rule. 

FOS

Share      Unread post

Bidennextpresident » 22 Jul 2021, 11:27 am » wrote: Yes, studied it in high school. Which you did not as a drop out. Everyone is more informed than you.
Soni assume that is your high school your read Giovanni gentile and can cite to me the section where he explained how fascism would be a hybrid of democracy and dictatorship 

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

FOS » 22 Jul 2021, 11:35 am » wrote: Soni assume that is your high school your read Giovanni gentile and can cite to me the section where he explained how fascism would be a hybrid of democracy and dictatorship
Familiar with the guy. So what?