This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Suggestions for "pinned threads" at top of page.

Poll ended at 18 Sep 2021, 8:08 am

Keep same as is. No change needed.
15%
Increase price to "Sticky" a thread.
23%
Reduce time it stays.
4%
Increase time it stays.
No votes
Longer delay for a poster to "sticky" next time.
15%
Let "Sticky Threads" slip down the page a bit.
8%
Sticky Threads get shorter or longer time duration with an up/down response.
12%
Eliminate sticky completely.
23%

Total votes: 26

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

omh » 14 Sep 2021, 11:06 am » wrote: law of the land makes it different than what you say it is.
See your shrink, scaredy-cat. Re-balance. :wave:  

omh

Share      Unread post

Deezer Shoove » 14 Sep 2021, 11:11 am » wrote: See your shrink, scaredy-cat. Re-balance. :wave:  
I am an ancestor, not an insecure social identity in need of validation for my time served adapting this ancestral displacement so far.

You won't dare bring the conversation down to biologically here equally occupying time now.

solon

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

I don;t care one way or the other but I DO approve of a poll on it

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
solon » 14 Sep 2021, 12:46 pm » wrote: I don;t care one way or the other but I DO approve of a poll on it
me too. lol that was a hard poll to answer.. I just found out what the peanut gallery was.. after all this time.lol :clap:  

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
DeezerShoove » 13 Sep 2021, 8:08 am » wrote: In the spirit of the site's improvement and customer satisfaction,
I took it upon myself to get some feedback.

Some threads get lots of play, some get forced.
I'm not making a value judgement with this statement (either has its merits and/or otherwise.)

--

Choose up to three options.

You can change your mind and re-vote after commentary worms its way through our super-intelligent crowd.

--

I've never set up a poll before - hopefully I did it poorpprlee.
I notice that increasing the price is getting a lot of play.

Just wanna point out that increasing the price turns it into a boys club - only those with lots of rep can sticky.

Not saying whether that's a positive or a negative. Just pointing it out for posters' consideration. 

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
DeezerShoove » 13 Sep 2021, 12:11 pm » wrote: There are sometimes THREE stickied threads.
Not sure how or why this happens.
I'm not complaining; it's an observation. Super-users, I guess.

Maybe a third sticky should cost three times as much.
A fourth sticky ten times as much.

Mods have the capacity to sticky a thread. If they exercise that option through their mod powers, they can sticky ten of em if they choose. 

I generally purchase my stickies the old fashioned way - but when someone posts a topic that I consider stellar, I might sticky that thread even if two are already up - and when one of those two drops, we're back to the limit. 

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
DeezerShoove » 13 Sep 2021, 10:27 pm » wrote: Seems like Stickied Threads are annoying in various ways...

I'm starting to like the 7th option.
Add a way to rate them. Enough down rates makes the stickied thread go away sooner.

I believe they last for 36 hours.
So every "down" rating knocks off an hour.
Every two "up" ratings cancels one "down".
You can only vote once an hour.

SOK MANIA!!!
Stickies last 24 hours, and you cannot do a new one for 12 more hours after your old one drops.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
DeezerShoove » 14 Sep 2021, 11:04 am » wrote: It's not a permanent prison, ya jackass.
It's choosing a preference from the available options.

You are a little yellow-belly after all. So afraid to live life right in front of you.

You blather that embarrassingly incoherent tripe by the truckload and
yet are afraid to look foolish making a simple choice like this.

Get your meds rebalanced, buddy. Image

Life in plain sight. ^

Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

Cannonpointer » 14 Sep 2021, 1:55 pm » wrote:
I generally purchase my stickies the old fashioned way. 
Me too.
Unless I am feeling like I need a lot of attention. :)

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

AnnoyedLiberall » 14 Sep 2021, 2:06 pm » wrote: Me too.
Unless I am feeling like I need a lot of attention. Image

It seems lately all you have to do is post "Good Morning" and you catch all kinds of attention from both sides.   :)  

solon

Share      Unread post

I never sticky posts. I let them fall on their own and usually they tend to fall pretty quickly and I understand that. Usually I post pretty much left wing rants. The lefties agree the rightwingers find nothing to attack and so they get little attention but I FEEL better and they SHOULD sink

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

solon » 14 Sep 2021, 2:44 pm » wrote: I never sticky posts. I let them fall on their own and usually they tend to fall pretty quickly and I understand that. Usually I post pretty much left wing rants. The lefties agree the rightwingers find nothing to attack and so they get little attention but I FEEL better and they SHOULD sink
Is it true that when the Anthropolgy Professor introduced the subject of cranial differences between the races....you pounced on him and tried to chew his face off...?

Here is a card you should carry in your wallet next time you try to discuss genetics with someone who actually made it past the  8th Grade.

solon

Share      Unread post

Not helping you turn another thread into your SPAMTIME RACIST PIG BS so GFY I am IGNORING your subhuman BS today

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

solon » 14 Sep 2021, 3:14 pm » wrote: Not helping you turn another thread into your SPAMTIME RACIST PIG BS so GFY I am IGNORING your subhuman BS today

You already tried to turn this thread into "solon's self aggrandizing thread" and I just put you back  in your place little man. :clap:  

omh

Share      Unread post

Annoyed Liberall » 14 Sep 2021, 2:06 pm » wrote: Me too.
Unless I am feeling like I need a lot of attention. :)
why yours last a week in a row. You don't need attention, you crave validation from the obedient.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

Where's the "Who gives a ****?" choice?

omh

Share      Unread post

Ike Bana » 14 Sep 2021, 7:54 pm » wrote: Where's the "Who gives a ****?" choice?
your post. lack of compassion all over it. You don't care about actual life enough to correct your part of enabling ancestral compounding error. That is on your contextual soul.

Isabel

Share      Unread post

Well, I don't know if this is an issue, but if a poster pays to sticky a thread, I don't think any mod should have the power to unsticky it (for no board-valid reason) out of nothing more than smug, personal spite.

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Cannonpointer » 14 Sep 2021, 1:56 pm » wrote: Stickies last 24 hours, and you cannot do a new one for 12 more hours after your old one drops.
36 was in there someplace...  ;)  

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

omh » 14 Sep 2021, 11:16 am » wrote: I am an ancestor, not an insecure social identity in need of validation for my time served adapting this ancestral displacement so far.

You won't dare bring the conversation down to biologically here equally occupying time now.
Sure, I'll dare. No problem... except I don't know what the hell you mean.