This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker

Neo » 14 Sep 2021, 1:45 pm » wrote: So do the goat **** Taliban. Driving our ****.
How much of it can reach the US?  Lol

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Under Biden they have had months.  

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Huey » 14 Sep 2021, 1:46 pm » wrote: Under Biden they have had months.
Under trump they had years

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Vegasgiants » 14 Sep 2021, 1:46 pm » wrote: How much of it can reach the US?  Lol
Oooh can we be isolationist again? That would be spiffy. Until then the equipment threatens Americans and our interests. 

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Neo » 14 Sep 2021, 1:50 pm » wrote: Oooh can we be isolationist again? That would be spiffy. Until then the equipment threatens Americans and our interests.
Nothing there interests me.  They can use them for tourist tours of Kabul for all I care

JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

Huey » 14 Sep 2021, 1:37 pm » wrote: I am quite familiar with military helicopters.  Trust me.  They will have the resources eventually to maintain them.  Next, see the next post I made concerning what was given to the Afghan Army. And looking at the fact they had one flying someone there knows what they are doing.  Contractors in Afghanistan trained the army ground crews and pilots.  How much you wanna bet many of them change uniforms?

As an add in if there were any 20 or 30 year old acft left behind about the only thing that old left on one of those would be the frame and the cup holders.  It is called TBO schedule.  I crewed Huey's that were 20-25 years old.  I flew on a 65 model year in the 80s.  The newest Huey I ever flew on was made in 74 and was flying strong in the 90s.
You're comparing a UH-1 to a modern aircraft. Like comparing a Wright Flyer to an Airbus.  While UH-1's and CH-47's can still fly today, they are nowhere near as sophisticated as modern aircraft. You ever watch those Pakistanis on youtube fix trucks?  :LOL:   

JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

Huey » 14 Sep 2021, 1:41 pm » wrote: I seem to recall training that says in needs to be rendered inoperable.  But what do I know.
Back then all we would take out of them was comm equipment. The VC could have the rest. Too dangerous to be out there **** around removing parts.

Huey

Share      Unread post

JeanMoulin » 14 Sep 2021, 2:04 pm » wrote: You're comparing a UH-1 to a modern aircraft. Like comparing a Wright Flyer to an Airbus.  While UH-1's and CH-47's can still fly today, they are nowhere near as sophisticated as modern aircraft. You ever watch those Pakistanis on youtube fix trucks?  Image

I used those as an example because the other acft I crewed were newer.  The point is TBO schedules are TBO schedules.  You tried to use a 20 year old stolen car analogy.  That ain't the case even with Blackhawks.  And again, military contractors trained them on maintenance and flying.  Additionally, we sent them NEW Blackhawks in the months PRIOR to the withdrawal. 

JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

Neo » 14 Sep 2021, 1:42 pm » wrote: That would have made Biden's **** up a bit better so it would have been trumpeted by the media. Since there were no stories about US equipment being explosively disabled but there have been Taliban parades with them driving our ****, going to have to deduce that never happened.
In 6 months the only thing that will still be running is their Toyota pickups.

Huey

Share      Unread post

JeanMoulin » 14 Sep 2021, 2:11 pm » wrote: Back then all we would take out of them was comm equipment. The VC could have the rest. Too dangerous to be out there **** around removing parts.

I did not say anything about removing parts.  Thermite grenades are a useful tool.

JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

Huey » 14 Sep 2021, 2:24 pm » wrote: I did not say anything about removing parts.  Thermite grenades are a useful tool.
Sometimes a demo crew would set off a Claymore in the ****. I was never a part of that scene, never wanted to be. I was just a wrench.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 14 Sep 2021, 1:29 pm » wrote: I hope I explain this in a way even a low info prog can understand.

And lets not forget about the new equipment we gave to the Afghan Army:

WASHINGTON, Aug 19 (Reuters) - About a month ago, Afghanistan's ministry of defense posted on social media photographs of seven brand new helicopters arriving in Kabul delivered by the United States.

And:

Video showed the advancing insurgents inspecting long lines of vehicles and opening crates of new firearms, communications gear and even military drones.

And:

Another official said that while there are no definitive numbers yet, the current intelligence assessment was that the Taliban are believed to control more than 2,000 armored vehicles, including U.S. Humvees, and up to 40 aircraft potentially including UH-60 Black Hawks, scout attack helicopters, and ScanEagle military drones.

"We have already seen Taliban fighters armed with U.S.-made weapons they seized from the Afghan forces. This poses a significant threat to the United States and our allies," Representative Michael McCaul, the top Republican on the U.S. House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee, told Reuters in an email.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerosp ... 021-08-19/
Why would we have control over that once delivered?

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
JeanMoulin » 14 Sep 2021, 2:29 pm » wrote: Sometimes a demo crew would set off a Claymore in the ****. I was never a part of that scene, never wanted to be. I was just a wrench.
@Huey  was a ninja...never left a throwing star on the battlefield.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 14 Sep 2021, 2:42 pm » wrote: @Huey  was a ninja...never left a throwing star on the battlefield.
I’ll speak for myself, ROTC.  Your retelling are always lacking truth.  You just weren’t the man your dad and uncle were.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 14 Sep 2021, 2:40 pm » wrote: Why would we have control over that once delivered?
We will never know because we removed the troops before we should have, troll.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 14 Sep 2021, 2:44 pm » wrote: I’ll speak for myself, ROTC.  Your retelling are always lacking truth.  You just weren’t the man your dad and uncle were.
You're not a man, Sheilagh..

JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 14 Sep 2021, 2:40 pm » wrote: Why would we have control over that once delivered?
We wouldn't and probably wouldn't even be able to find it to recover it or destroy it. Our gift to the ANA. Like the Florida man's car.  :LOL:   

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 14 Sep 2021, 2:45 pm » wrote: We will never know because we removed the troops before we should have, troll.
No...we removed them well after your Beloved Douche Fuehrer wanted them removed.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 14 Sep 2021, 2:47 pm » wrote: No...we removed them well after your Beloved Douche Fuehrer wanted them removed.

We don't know that either.  This thread is about the equipment left behind. Another case of you not knowing what you don't know.  A smart man would have first went after the thread title and explained the 80b dollar number was incorrect.  Trump was wrong.  But you didn't because you are a troll.

The 80 billion dollar # represents all the money spent to train, equip and house the Afghan military and police — so weapons are just a part of that. At this point, no one really knows the value of the equipment that was seized by the Taliban.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... s-weapons/

In your eagerness to troll and flame you gave up an opportunity to make a real point.  Probably because you didn't know it. So instead you do the only thing you could do.  Attempt to start **** over a subject you are not intellectually armed enough to be part off.  

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 14 Sep 2021, 2:46 pm » wrote: You're not a man, Sheilagh..

More than you ROTC.  (Run Off to Canada)

But hey, come on down and approach my porch.  As you talked about earlier.