This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

I'm going to try to explain this in a way even a redneck may understand. So a man in Florida buys a new car for his girlfriend 20 years ago. Flash to the present. The girlfriend of 20 years decides she's had enough of his **** and moves to Reno taking the car with her. Somewhere near Death Valley the car overheats, starts knocking and smoking, but she makes it to Reno. The Florida man gets a call from the Reno PD they found his car, still in his name, abandoned in a parking lot. They tell him it runs, but barely. It's dented up, windows are all broken, and the tires are bald. Do you think the Florida man will be stupid enough to fly out to Reno, spend the money to retrieve the car and have it transported back to Florida?  Probably, because he's a stupid redneck.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

JeanMoulin » 14 Sep 2021, 12:47 pm » wrote: I'm going to try to explain this in a way even a redneck may understand. So a man in Florida buys a new car for his girlfriend 20 years ago. Flash to the present. The girlfriend of 20 years decides she's had enough of his **** and moves to Reno taking the car with her. Somewhere near Death Valley the car overheats, starts knocking and smoking, but she makes it to Reno. The Florida man gets a call from the Reno PD they found his car, still in his name, abandoned in a parking lot. They tell him it runs, but barely. It's dented up, windows are all broken, and the tires are bald. Do you think the Florida man will be stupid enough to fly out to Reno, spend the money to retrieve the car and have it transported back to Florida?  Probably, because he's a stupid redneck.
Those trucks and the helicopter flying around a few weeks ago seem to be in great shape.  

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker

JeanMoulin » 14 Sep 2021, 12:47 pm » wrote: I'm going to try to explain this in a way even a redneck may understand. So a man in Florida buys a new car for his girlfriend 20 years ago. Flash to the present. The girlfriend of 20 years decides she's had enough of his **** and moves to Reno taking the car with her. Somewhere near Death Valley the car overheats, starts knocking and smoking, but she makes it to Reno. The Florida man gets a call from the Reno PD they found his car, still in his name, abandoned in a parking lot. They tell him it runs, but barely. It's dented up, windows are all broken, and the tires are bald. Do you think the Florida man will be stupid enough to fly out to Reno, spend the money to retrieve the car and have it transported back to Florida?  Probably, because he's a stupid redneck.
Leaving that equipment is SOP

Huey

Share      Unread post

I hope I explain this in a way even a low info prog can understand.

And lets not forget about the new equipment we gave to the Afghan Army:

WASHINGTON, Aug 19 (Reuters) - About a month ago, Afghanistan's ministry of defense posted on social media photographs of seven brand new helicopters arriving in Kabul delivered by the United States.

And:

Video showed the advancing insurgents inspecting long lines of vehicles and opening crates of new firearms, communications gear and even military drones.

And:

Another official said that while there are no definitive numbers yet, the current intelligence assessment was that the Taliban are believed to control more than 2,000 armored vehicles, including U.S. Humvees, and up to 40 aircraft potentially including UH-60 Black Hawks, scout attack helicopters, and ScanEagle military drones.

"We have already seen Taliban fighters armed with U.S.-made weapons they seized from the Afghan forces. This poses a significant threat to the United States and our allies," Representative Michael McCaul, the top Republican on the U.S. House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee, told Reuters in an email.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerosp ... 021-08-19/

JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

Huey » 14 Sep 2021, 1:21 pm » wrote: Those trucks and the helicopter flying around a few weeks ago seem to be in great shape.
Without scheduled maintenance a helo won't stay in the air very long. Trust me. Go buy yourself a .gov surplus Humvee and then tell us how well it runs. Military equipment no matter if it is aircraft, tracked, or wheeled vehicle was never meant to last a lifetime.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Huey » 14 Sep 2021, 1:29 pm » wrote: I hope I explain this in a way even a low info prog can understand.

And lets not forget about the new equipment we gave to the Afghan Army:

WASHINGTON, Aug 19 (Reuters) - About a month ago, Afghanistan's ministry of defense posted on social media photographs of seven brand new helicopters arriving in Kabul delivered by the United States.

And:

Video showed the advancing insurgents inspecting long lines of vehicles and opening crates of new firearms, communications gear and even military drones.

And:

Another official said that while there are no definitive numbers yet, the current intelligence assessment was that the Taliban are believed to control more than 2,000 armored vehicles, including U.S. Humvees, and up to 40 aircraft potentially including UH-60 Black Hawks, scout attack helicopters, and ScanEagle military drones.

"We have already seen Taliban fighters armed with U.S.-made weapons they seized from the Afghan forces. This poses a significant threat to the United States and our allies," Representative Michael McCaul, the top Republican on the U.S. House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee, told Reuters in an email.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerosp ... 021-08-19/
Old news.  We drone striked lots of that stuff by now

Huey

Share      Unread post

JeanMoulin » 14 Sep 2021, 1:30 pm » wrote: Without scheduled maintenance a helo won't stay in the air very long. Trust me. Go buy yourself a .gov surplus Humvee and then tell us how well it runs. Military equipment no matter if it is aircraft, tracked, or wheeled vehicle was never meant to last a lifetime.

I am quite familiar with military helicopters.  Trust me.  They will have the resources eventually to maintain them.  Next, see the next post I made concerning what was given to the Afghan Army. And looking at the fact they had one flying someone there knows what they are doing.  Contractors in Afghanistan trained the army ground crews and pilots.  How much you wanna bet many of them change uniforms?

As an add in if there were any 20 or 30 year old acft left behind about the only thing that old left on one of those would be the frame and the cup holders.  It is called TBO schedule.  I crewed Huey's that were 20-25 years old.  I flew on a 65 model year in the 80s.  The newest Huey I ever flew on was made in 74 and was flying strong in the 90s.  

Huey

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 14 Sep 2021, 1:31 pm » wrote: Old news.  We drone striked lots of that stuff by now
Links?

JeanMoulin

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 14 Sep 2021, 1:29 pm » wrote: Leaving that equipment is SOP
Absolutely. In 6 months, or less, all that equipment will be junk. Maybe Huey would like to go for a short ride, and I do mean short, in one of those Blackhawks. I would prefer not to. They may kill more taliban. " Abdul, by the beard of the prophet, you must get this devil machine started again, we are losing altitude. Oh ****!!"  :LOL:  

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

I prefer patty

Huey

Share      Unread post

Bye.

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

JeanMoulin » 14 Sep 2021, 1:38 pm » wrote: Absolutely. In 6 months, or less, all that equipment will be junk. Maybe Huey would like to go for a short ride, and I do mean short, in one of those Blackhawks. I would prefer not to. They may kill more taliban. " Abdul, by the beard of the prophet, you must get this devil machine started again, we are losing altitude. Oh ****!!"  Image
That stuff is an Afghan problem now.    I dont care what they do with it

Huey

Share      Unread post

JeanMoulin » 14 Sep 2021, 1:38 pm » wrote: Absolutely. In 6 months, or less, all that equipment will be junk. Maybe Huey would like to go for a short ride, and I do mean short, in one of those Blackhawks. I would prefer not to. They may kill more taliban. " Abdul, by the beard of the prophet, you must get this devil machine started again, we are losing altitude. Oh ****!!"  Image

The brand new ones?  No problem.  After a good pre flight, no problem.  

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Pretty sure they cant reach the US with that equipment 

Huey

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 14 Sep 2021, 1:29 pm » wrote: Leaving that equipment is SOP

I seem to recall training that says in needs to be rendered inoperable.  But what do I know.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Vegasgiants » 14 Sep 2021, 1:31 pm » wrote: Old news.  We drone striked lots of that stuff by now
That would have made Biden's **** up a bit better so it would have been trumpeted by the media. Since there were no stories about US equipment being explosively disabled but there have been Taliban parades with them driving our ****, going to have to deduce that never happened. 

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Neo » 14 Sep 2021, 1:42 pm » wrote: That would have made Biden's **** up a bit better so it would have been trumpeted by the media. Since there were no stories about US equipment being explosively disabled but there have been Taliban parades with them driving our ****, going to have to deduce that never happened.
A parade?  Oooooh. I love a parade 

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Huey » 14 Sep 2021, 1:41 pm » wrote: I seem to recall training that says in needs to be rendered inoperable.  But what do I know.
If possible only

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Vegasgiants » 14 Sep 2021, 1:42 pm » wrote: A parade?  Oooooh. I love a parade
So do the goat **** Taliban. Driving our ****.

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

I think a better/historical explanation would be....
BEEN THERE!!!!
https://www.iranwatch.org/news-brief/ir ... front-firm
https://www.haaretz.com/israelis-tried- ... -1.5323261

Last edited by Phoenix68.2.0 on 14 Sep 2021, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.