This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

BeerDemocratic Party 1Black Lives MatterUSA
Huey » 19 Oct 2021, 9:53 am » wrote: Ivermecton has been used to treat BILLIONS all over the word since the 70s.  A new study is starting in Texas:

The human form of Ivermectin, that is already being administered to people to treat conditions caused by parasitic worms, is not to be confused with the animal form of the drug. Dr. Michaelson said that their study of the drug will be very precise in terms of dosages administered to patients.
“One of those study drugs is Ivermectin which as you mentioned has been in the news quite a bit. The one we are using will be the human version and we will be adjusting the dose to the person’s body weight, so that’ll be a little different then how people are buying it over the internet – Ivermectin for animals – and not being careful about the dose.”
https://www.ktsm.com/news/controversial ... n-el-paso/
It does.  However, there has been no proven benefit in regard to Covid-19.  

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
RollingRock » 19 Oct 2021, 10:00 am » wrote: It does.  However, there has been no proven benefit in regard to Covid-19.
Wrong. 

https://journals.lww.com/americantherap ... _of.7.aspx

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection:

Conclusions: Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

Neo » 19 Oct 2021, 10:11 am » wrote: Wrong. 

Conclusions: Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.
Please post the FDA approval to distribute Ivermectin for the treatment of Covid-19.    

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
RollingRock » 19 Oct 2021, 10:14 am » wrote: Please post the FDA approval to distribute for the treatment of Covid-19.
That wasn't your claim nor mine. Ivermectin has shown effectiveness against serious complications from Covid-19 in studies. It continues to be demonized as horse dewormer by the American press. My question is why? Who benefits? Why are you so comfortable with dishonesty?

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

RollingRock » 19 Oct 2021, 10:00 am » wrote: It does.  However, there has been no proven benefit in regard to Covid-19.
That is why they are testing it.

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

Huey » 19 Oct 2021, 10:24 am » wrote: That is why they are testing it.
Definitely.  If there are things out there that do help, we need to find out.

neue regel

Share      Unread post

RollingRock » 19 Oct 2021, 9:23 am » wrote: Nobody "lied."  Ivermectin IS a horse dewormer.  You can buy it at the feed store with pictures of horses and cows on the packaging.  The medication can also be used to treat lice and scabies - it's a known anti-parisitic.  However large doses of the stuff can land you in the hospital with EXTREME abdominal pain.  

Clinical trials are still ongoing but, to date, Ivermectin has no known benefit to treat Covid-19.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19
But you, I and CNN all know Rogan was prescribed the medication from his doctor. He didn't go down to Farmer's Feed and Seed to get it. To as much as intimate such is a lie with an effort to deceive. Even Gupta knew it was a lie and he had no real excuse except to say CNN shouldn't have done it.

My question is, why would CNN do that?

neue regel

Share      Unread post

RollingRock » 19 Oct 2021, 10:29 am » wrote: Definitely.  If there are things out there that do help, we need to find out.
Exactly. And let's hope there is some medical benefit.

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

Neo » 19 Oct 2021, 10:21 am » wrote: That wasn't your claim nor mine. Ivermectin has shown effectiveness against serious complications from Covid-19 in studies. It continues to be demonized as horse dewormer by the American press. My question is why? Who benefits? Why are you so comfortable with dishonesty?
I'm not "comfortable" with dishonestly at all.  Quite trollish of you to suggest that I am.  The FDA isn't going to just approve something that "someone" claims works.   If someone buys this stuff at a feed store, it IS a horse/cow dewormer.  If it's prescribed by a board certified physician, then it's for human use.  People claim that it protects against serious Covid complications.  Does it protect all demographics?  Is it potentially dangerous to people with certain medical conditions?   None of this is known.  To date, there is no documented proof it works.  I hope it does work.  However, we can't just open the flood gates until we have reason to believe it is safe and effective FOR ALL.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

GET VACCINATED- DIE ANYWAY

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

SJConspirator » 19 Oct 2021, 10:42 am » wrote: GET VACCINATED- DIE ANYWAY
I was vaccinated over 6 months ago.  I'm still kickin'.   :D   

omh

Share      Unread post

neue regel » 19 Oct 2021, 9:13 am » wrote: Let's go at this from another angle....why do you think CNN would knowingly lie about the medicine Rogan took? What are they pushing? I know you will just be guessing but would love to hear your opinion.
First question's answer, sustain reasonable doubt where everyone disagrees about what living is in plain sight.

second question's answer, Reality rules and regulations anyone not shaming, flaming, and blaming must be against people believing real isn't real.

Remember humanity governs 6 degrees of separation pitting two extremes against central balancing results.Perpetual motion exists between inorganic erosion and organic decomposition as details never remain total sum individual results reached here now. Called evolving and total sum so far is evolution.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Neo » 19 Oct 2021, 10:11 am » wrote: Wrong. 

That is so qualified as to be meaningless.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
neueregel » 19 Oct 2021, 10:38 am » wrote: But you, I and CNN all know Rogan was prescribed the medication from his doctor. He didn't go down to Farmer's Feed and Seed to get it. To as much as intimate such is a lie with an effort to deceive. Even Gupta knew it was a lie and he had no real excuse except to say CNN shouldn't have done it.

My question is, why would CNN do that?
But you, I and CNN all know Rogan was prescribed the medication from his doctor.
What did he tell his doctor he was suffering?

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
B.See » 13 Nov 2021, 3:03 pm » wrote: The latest in coronavirus news:

Unvaccinated Texans make up vast majority of COVID-19 cases and deaths this year, new state data shows - Raw Story

L.A. County vaccination rates climb for Black and Latino men - Los Angeles Times

COVID Vaccine Holdouts Say Nothing Will Change Their Minds. Now What? | HuffPost Life

Gene Simmons Rips Anti-Vaxxers, Calls Them 'An Enemy'

Anti-Vaccine Doctor Who Called Mask Wearing 'Dangerous' Dies of COVID-19

'Too many people remain unvaccinated for us to get out of this pandemic': Business groups give their verdict on employee vaccine mandate - MarketWatch

Man dies two weeks after sharing video boasting about Covid-19 symptoms but saying virus wasn’t real

Comedian Chris Rock Blasts Anti-Vaxxers at NYC Show, Says ‘You Dumb Kyrie Motherf*cker!’

QB not immune to COVID, but apparently immune to truth-telling
In another video posted on Wednesday, just hours before his death, Mr Parhar said he was feeling better and revealed he had recently taken ivermectin, an anti-parasite medication that has been promoted in conservative circles as a treatment for Covid-19 despite a lack of conclusive evidence that it helps people with the virus.
​​​​​

At the time of his death, Mr Parhar was in the middle of a trial on three charges for violating Canada’s Quarantine Act by refusing to self-isolate after he attended a flat earth conference in the US in 2020, according to Global News.

crimsongulf

Share      Unread post

Politics: Capitalist

AbitaBeer
****. TW and I have been jabbed since late Feb and early March.

We were the flying **** over this crap.