This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

B.See » 29 Sep 2021, 9:24 pm » wrote: What's Up With Sinema and Manchin?

It's like Spanky Trump says....Bad publicity is STILL PUBLICITY!!!!!

B.See

Share      Unread post

CBS News - What's in the $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill?

The 10-year Build Back Better Act would fund everything from free community college to expanded Medicare. Here are some of the major items in the bill:

The legislation provides two years of free community college for all students, regardless of family income.

The bill would also add $80 billion in funding for Pell Grants, which Democrats say hasn't kept pace with the increasing cost of college. 

Every family that applies shall be offered child care assistance for children ages 0 to 5.

the plan allocates roughly $450 billion to lower the cost of child care and provide two years of universal pre-K for 3- and 4-year-olds, according to the House Education and Labor Committee.

it would  expand Medicare to include coverage of dental, hearing and vision services. 

it would extend the child tax credit: Democrats expanded the child tax credit for 2021 in their $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief plan, and now want to extend it through 2025.

For the first time in history, the U.S. would have comprehensive paid leave, covering 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave.  

It would combat climate change slowing the rate at which Earth warms by transitioning away from fossil fuels, the major source of greenhouse gas emissions.

it will provide incentives for the buying of electric vehicles and the construction of charging stations

it will provide consumer rebates to homeowners who weatherfit their houses; and financial penalties for oil and gas producers for methane leaks, among other things . 

the bill would authorize $5 million a year for the Small Business Administration for an entrepreneurial program for formerly incarcerated individuals. 

Democrats have included a tax plan to pay for the provisions in the bill. 

The corporate tax rate would rise from 21% to 26%, and the top income tax rate for Americans making over $400,000 would increase from 37% to 39.6%.

The top capital gains rate would also go from 20% to 25%.

ITS_ALL_TRUMPS_FAULT

Share      Unread post

LEZB and DINO

Str8tEdge

Share      Unread post

Emperor of the Pheasants
Emperor of the Pheasants
Politics: Libertarian

B.See » 30 Sep 2021, 1:37 am » wrote: CBS News - What's in the $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill?

The 10-year Build Back Better Act would fund everything from free community college to expanded Medicare. Here are some of the major items in the bill:

The legislation provides two years of free community college for all students, regardless of family income.

The bill would also add $80 billion in funding for Pell Grants, which Democrats say hasn't kept pace with the increasing cost of college. 

Every family that applies shall be offered child care assistance for children ages 0 to 5.

the plan allocates roughly $450 billion to lower the cost of child care and provide two years of universal pre-K for 3- and 4-year-olds, according to the House Education and Labor Committee.

it would  expand Medicare to include coverage of dental, hearing and vision services. 

it would extend the child tax credit: Democrats expanded the child tax credit for 2021 in their $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief plan, and now want to extend it through 2025.

For the first time in history, the U.S. would have comprehensive paid leave, covering 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave.  

It would combat climate change slowing the rate at which Earth warms by transitioning away from fossil fuels, the major source of greenhouse gas emissions.

it will provide incentives for the buying of electric vehicles and the construction of charging stations

it will provide consumer rebates to homeowners who weatherfit their houses; and financial penalties for oil and gas producers for methane leaks, among other things . 

the bill would authorize $5 million a year for the Small Business Administration for an entrepreneurial program for formerly incarcerated individuals. 

The corporate tax rate would rise from 21% to 26%, and the top income tax rate for Americans making over $400,000 would increase from 37% to 39.6%.

A bunch of **** handouts to stoned out drug affected worthless piece of **** leftists like the clown above. 

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Str8tEdge » 30 Sep 2021, 1:23 am » wrote: Wait what?????? You realize who's in line to get that 3.5 trillion, right????

*hint* It's NOT YOU.  Image
With respect to "knowing" it sure as **** isn't a credulous gomer like you.

Phelix_Dacat

Share      Unread post

What's Up With Sinema and Manchin?

Manchin is a conservative Democrat (note: there are NO liberal Republicans) from the currently reliably red state of West Virginia. Without him, the Democrats have no Senate majority (counting the veep vote). Manchin has worked with progressives in the past. Sinema does not have that history and is from a purple state that went for Biden.

I believe the problem with Manchin is he's been 'love bombed' by the GOP for a long time. There is a quote (I'm not googling it up) where Manchin says, paraphrased, that the Democrats in the Senate are his colleagues but the Republicans in the Senate are his friends. Manchin seems to still think it's the collegiate Senate of the past.

I believe Sinema's whole deal is she's got McCain's seat and now wants his nickname and street cred. Maverick! James Garner she ain't. She also wasn't tortured as a POW. It's all about her ego. She spends a lot of time sitting with the GOP in the Senate. Go figure.

Between the two of them, they are trying to get the bipartisan stuff passed and kill the other Biden & the progressive Democrats agenda items that are in the reconciliation bill. I cannot fathom why, since that will kill the Democrats in the midterms. Then again, the same can be said about not moving on the filibuster.

If sides were swapped, McConnell would have already torched the filibuster and threatened, in a closed door inquisition, Manchin & Sinema with no help from the party during re-election plus getting primaried by candidate(s) of his choosing.

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

BeerDemocratic Party 1Black Lives MatterUSA
Str8tEdge » 30 Sep 2021, 6:23 am » wrote: A bunch of **** handouts to stoned out drug affected worthless piece of **** leftists like the clown above.
Yeah, women should continue shelling out over $8k annually, per child, for daycare, huh?   Image   Otherwise they're "worthless piece of **** leftists?" 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/19/what-pa ... -2021.html

You're a hate-filled tool.  

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

I tend to believe that unbridled corporate whorism is the problem with these two.  The two headlines below showcase the problem, imo:

Backed by big oil, Manchin holds the Key to Dem' climate agenda  

Big Pharma, medical firms donated $750K to Kyrsten Sinema — then she opposed drug bill

As long as these two are beholden to their corporate donors, they are NOT serving the American voters who made their way through a pandemic to cast their votes in record numbers for Democrats and Joe Biden.  If Democrats, as a whole, do not come through for the American people (i.e. healthcare, voting rights, child care, climate), then we are going to lose.  

This bill represents the most aggressive progressive agenda I have witnessed to date on a national level.  It NEEDS to pass.  The American people overwhelmingly need it to pass.  It is largely, if not entirely (depending on the final bill), paid for by raising the taxes on the ultra wealthy and corporations.  No family making less than $400,000 will see a tax increase.

What's not to like? 

Yet I fear it will not pass SOLELY because of these two senators.    

Last edited by RollingRock on 30 Sep 2021, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
RollingRock » 30 Sep 2021, 10:23 am » wrote: I tend to believe that unbridled corporate whorism is the problem with these two.  The two headlines below, ALONE, showcase the problem, imo:

Big Pharma, medical firms donated $750K to Kyrsten Sinema — then she opposed drug bill

As long as these two are beholden to their corporate donors, they are NOT serving the American voters who made their way through a pandemic to cast their votes in record numbers for Democrats and Joe Biden.  If Democrats, as a whole, do not come through for the American people (i.e. healthcare, voting rights, child care, climate), then we are going to lose.  

This bill represents the most aggressive progressive agenda I have witnessed to date on a national level.  It NEEDS to pass.  The American people overwhelmingly need it to pass.  It is largely, if not entirely (depending on the final bill), paid for by raising the taxes on the ultra wealthy and corporations.  No family making less than $400,000 will see a tax increase.

What's not to like? 

Kyrsten is a brain dead whore.

Manchin is worse.
​​​​

We should cut WV off the nation's tit for a year.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
RollingRock » 30 Sep 2021, 10:23 am » wrote: I tend to believe that unbridled corporate whorism is the problem with these two.  The two headlines below, ALONE, showcase the problem, imo:

What's not to like? 

I don't like the gubmint spying on its citizens if the deposit or with draw 600 BUCKS.
and I don't like a mileage tax on driving..
I don't think a business should be fined 70K-700k for having one employee not vaccinated.

I don't like 3 B spent on tree equity and tree bias training.... THAT one cracks me up RR... What shall I do? luv to butcher trees. :lol:
ton of this stuff in green part is just grants to entities that shouldn't have it... in a sense its corporate welfare disguised to look green.

Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 30 Sep 2021, 10:39 am » wrote: I don't like the gubmint spying on its citizens if the deposit or with draw 600 BUCKS.
and I don't like a mileage tax on driving..
I don't think a business should be fined 70K-700k for having one employee not vaccinated.

I don't like 3 B spent on tree equity and tree bias training.... THAT one cracks me up RR... What shall I do? luv to butcher trees. Image
ton of this stuff in green part is just grants to entities that shouldn't have it... in a sense its corporate welfare disguised to look green.

You mentioned that before... tree equity and tree bias training... wtf is that, making tree lives matter?

Not that it would surpise me, don't ever make the mistake of thinking peak insanity must surely have been reached by now

:wave:  

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Jantje_Smit » 30 Sep 2021, 11:05 am » wrote: You mentioned that before... tree equity and tree bias training... wtf is that, making tree lives matter?

Not that it would surpise me, don't ever make the mistake of thinking peak insanity must surely have been reached by now

I dunno. Maybe the bias training is woke.. tsk tsk.. Don't prefer a Maple over an Oak tree? :blink:  

Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 30 Sep 2021, 11:12 am » wrote: I dunno. Maybe the bias training is woke.. tsk tsk.. Don't prefer a Maple over an Oak tree? Image
lol... I hadn't thought of that possibility... it certainly sounds woke... racist trees... why not, why assume that one kind of wood is better than other kinds of woods...

I meant it as a joke but then I decided to google it... that is actually a thing... lol... I tell myself every time not to let it surprise me anymore but it just doesn't work... clown world...

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

sootedupCyndi » 30 Sep 2021, 11:12 am » wrote: I dunno. Maybe the bias training is woke.. tsk tsk.. Don't prefer a Maple over an Oak tree? Image
I'm a progressive and I hadn't heard of this.  :LOL:    Did a Google:

https://treeequityscore.org/

solon

Share      Unread post

Ignorant CHILDISH PUNK and TreasonMonkey BRAINWASHED MORON GOD you are STUPID

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
RollingRock » 30 Sep 2021, 12:24 pm » wrote: I'm a progressive and I hadn't heard of this.  Image    Did a Google:

https://treeequityscore.org/
Wow just WOW.  Thank you. I see tree and my eyes perk up.. We live and die by the tree..
Its the score that has me frightened. :blink:  
It all depends on where a person lives I guess.. On the ride home.. high on the hill. I looked.. My GAWD.. I thought... how many trees do I see? MILLIONS...and I flipped over into another dimension.. and looked at the side of the road.. look at the millions of baby trees.. like my house.. getting over run. one day.. I thought gun shots were going off.. pop pop pop.. no it was all the acorns coming down. :lol:  
"Todays Mighty Oak was yesterdays ordinary nut." ;)  

Independent

Share      Unread post

B.See » 30 Sep 2021, 1:37 am » wrote: CBS News - What's in the $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill?

I couldn’t possibly imagine a more destructive bill. It would usher in a period worse than the Great Depression ever was. And end the US as a sovereign country. 

it’s that bad. 

solon

Share      Unread post

Yeah sure based on your BLATANT STUPIDITY and the delusional fantasies you have made up in your HEAD, Making such investments  IN AMERICA ushered in an economic golden age in the fifties and sixties but BRAINWASHED conservatives like you like to say how much you LOVE America but you SURE NEVER WANT TO INVEST IN IT LOSER