This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Aubery verdict in.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Not followed the case closely but could be a reasonable verdict. Not sure filming a killing should be met with a murder conviction but don't believe armed citizens should be permitted to chase down other citizens they suspect of non violent crimes. That should be left to law enforcement. Can't say I am surprised or upset by the verdict, outside of the murder convictions for those who were simply present.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Beer
Neo » 24 Nov 2021, 1:46 pm » wrote: Not followed the case closely but could be a reasonable verdict. Not sure filming a killing should be met with a murder conviction but don't believe armed citizens should be permitted to chase down other citizens they suspect of non violent crimes. That should be left to law enforcement. Can't say I am surprised or upset by the verdict, outside of the murder convictions for those who were simply present.
Right wing news didn't beat a opinion into yeah huh?

Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

Carries a minimum of life in prison for the shooter.
I am very happy with the outcome.

Cue the RWNJ calling him a burglar and criminal.....

Same as it ever was.

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

All three men found guilty of murder
Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael and William Bryan have been found guilty of murdering Ahmaud Arbery.

The three men pursued Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man, through their neighborhood on 23 February 2020, before Travis McMichael shot and killed him.

Travis McMichael was found guilty of malice murder and felony murder. Greg McMichael, his father, was found not guilty of malice murder, but guilty of felony murder.

Bryan was found not guilty of malice murder, but guilty of felony murder.

The men were also found guilty on several other charges, including aggravated assault, false imprisonment, and criminal attempt to commit a felony.

Under Georgia law malice murder is when a person “unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being”.

Felony murder applies when someone who has no plans to kill intentionally commits another felony and a person dies as a result. The person must be convicted of the underlying felony to be found guilty of felony murder.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... trial-live

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker
Track Star, Question Ducker

BRUNSWICK, Ga. (Reuters) -Three white men were convicted of murder on Wednesday for chasing and shooting a Black man named Ahmaud Arbery as he ran in their neighborhood, with a Georgia jury rejecting a self-defense claim in a trial that once again probed America's divisive issues of race and guns.

The verdict was delivered by the jury, consisting of one Black man and 11 white men and women, after about a two-week trial in the coastal city of Brunswick in a case that hinged on whether the defendants had a right to confront the unarmed 25-year-old avid jogger last year on a hunch he was fleeing a crime.

Gregory McMichael, 65, his son Travis McMichael, 35, and their neighbor William "Roddie" Bryan, 52, were charged with murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment and criminal intent to commit a felony. They face a minimum sentence of life in prison with the possibility of parole.

Jurors reached their verdict on the second day of deliberations.

There was never any dispute that the younger McMichael fired his pump-action shotgun three times at Arbery at close range on Feb. 23, 2020, in the suburban community of Satilla Shores. It was captured on a graphic cellphone video made by Bryan, stoking outrage when it emerged more than two months later and the public learned that none of the three men had been arrested.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Beer
Yeah I noticed that right wing news wasn't holding these guys up as heros and playing the case 24/7 and most of these cons lost their minds when it first came out and said it was justified. Now they are like right wing news didn't cover it so I don't have my brain made up on this one.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Annoyed » wrote: Carries a minimum of life in prison for the shooter.

Same as it ever was.

I never saw a legitimate self defense cause for that shooting.  Those guys were vigilantes. 

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Huey » 24 Nov 2021, 2:07 pm » wrote: I never saw a legitimate self defense cause for that shooting.  Those guys were vigilantes.

As was Rittenhouse.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Bidennextpresident » 24 Nov 2021, 2:08 pm » wrote:
Huey » 24 Nov 2021, 2:07 pm » wrote: I never saw a legitimate self defense cause for that shooting.  Those guys were vigilantes.

As was Rittenhouse.

There are enough threads where we can discuss the issues with your comment.  Hell, I have one where you can go and discuss it. This is about today's verdict.  

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Huey » 24 Nov 2021, 2:12 pm » wrote: There are enough threads where we can discuss the issues with your comment.  Hell, I have one where you can go and discuss it. This is about today's verdict.

Yet you brought it up. 

Huey

Share      Unread post

Bidennextpresident » 24 Nov 2021, 2:13 pm » wrote:
Huey » 24 Nov 2021, 2:12 pm » wrote: There are enough threads where we can discuss the issues with your comment.  Hell, I have one where you can go and discuss it. This is about today's verdict.

Yet you brought it up. 

I did not bring up Rittenhouse.  You did. That is your diversion.  I am choosing not to participate in it. 

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Huey » 24 Nov 2021, 2:17 pm » wrote: I did not bring up Rittenhouse.  You did. That is your diversion.  I am choosing not to participate in it.
bidennextpatient is not a very bright person.

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

One of two cases - correct...

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
AnnoyedLiberall » 24 Nov 2021, 1:51 pm » wrote: Carries a minimum of life in prison for the shooter.

Same as it ever was.
He was likely both. Doesn't mean you get to chase him down and shoot him when he defends himself.  You think Aubry wasn't casing the house for a robbery?

Bidennextpresident

Share      Unread post

Neo » 24 Nov 2021, 4:37 pm » wrote: He was likely both. Doesn't mean you get to chase him down and shoot him when he defends himself.  You think Aubry wasn't casing the house for a robbery?

You are an ******* racist. 

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
It was a foregone conclusion among thinking people - just as were the Zimmerman and Rittenhouse verdicts. 

Our system works - your logical mind and character do not. 

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Neo » 24 Nov 2021, 1:46 pm » wrote: Not followed the case closely but could be a reasonable verdict. Not sure filming a killing should be met with a murder conviction but don't believe armed citizens should be permitted to chase down other citizens they suspect of non violent crimes. That should be left to law enforcement. Can't say I am surprised or upset by the verdict, outside of the murder convictions for those who were simply present.
The older assailant has been a cop IN THAT TOWN for thirty years and was less than two years retired. 

That is where he got his sense of entitlement. 

How'd THAT work out for him...

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Crazytrain » 24 Nov 2021, 1:50 pm » wrote: Right wing news didn't beat a opinion into yeah huh?
Unlike YOUR media in the rittenhouse trial.

We will respect the jury's verdict - unlike you snakes. 

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Crazytrain » 24 Nov 2021, 1:50 pm » wrote: Right wing news didn't beat a opinion into yeah huh?
Never does. I try to remain impartial. This was well-meaning idiots responding to a regional crime spree. Initial confrontation was dumb but perfectly legal. Chasing a citizen for a perceived misdemeanor? I don't support that. Turn the information into the police and go on with your day.