This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Str8tEdge » 24 Nov 2021, 6:36 pm » wrote: Where is the protests and looting????? I need a new HDTV.
I just saw this... you shouldn't call it looting anymore... that's racist....

‘Peaceful Shopping?’ Social Media Riled as Public Warned Not to Call California Crime Wave 'Looting

Social media users have mocked “woke” criminal experts for urging the public to steer clear of referring to a spate of Bay Area, California, burglaries as “looting.”

A gang of about 40 robbers were filmed smashing display cases at a Sam's Jewelers in Southland Mall in Hayward on Sunday, while other groups stole looted a drug store. Another gang was seen grabbing garments from a Lululemon store in San Jose, according to KPIX.

However, experts interviewed by a Bay Area news station, including a professor of criminal justice and an ex-cop, said the incidents should to be called “organised smash-and-grabs.”

“This seems like it's an organized smash and grab robbery. This doesn't seem like looting,” Martin Reynolds, co-executive director of the Robert C. Maynard Institute of Journalism Education, stated.

Another expert, ex-police officer Lorenzo Boyd, PhD, professor of Criminal Justice & Community Policing at the University of New Haven, also underscored that the wording mattered.

"Looting is a term that we typically use when people of colour or urban dwellers are doing something. We tend not to use that term for other people when they do the exact same thing," said Boyd....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1462462393376813057

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Track Star, Question Ducker

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 10:13 am » wrote: Those would usually be motivated by ideology.

What if they were Swedish?

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 25 Nov 2021, 10:50 am » wrote: What if they were Swedish?
What if they weren’t?

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 10:59 am » wrote: What if they weren’t?

What if they were polish?   I wonder......

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 25 Nov 2021, 11:02 am » wrote: What if they were polish?   I wonder......
No you don’t.  

Vegas giants

Share      Unread post

But I REALLY wonder if they were Cambodian

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

Vegasgiants » 25 Nov 2021, 11:07 am » wrote: But I REALLY wonder if they were Cambodian
Go back to bed, and try getting up again.

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Imagine what land will be worth in the outlying areas after TRULY WOKE LIBTARDS GET CULTURALLY ENRICHED BEYOND RECOGNITION.... :twisted:  

nefarious101

Share      Unread post

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 10:17 am » wrote: Never heard that one. Blacks in England are usually Jamaicans. Culturally very different to African Americans.

When I was in Africa, I noticed the difference between the locals and British born black tourists. Like night and day.

Kind of struck me funny....how are black english people considered to be africanized-americans.....probably part of that "man in a dress" turns you into a chick crowd way of thinking.

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

nefarious101 » 25 Nov 2021, 12:00 pm » wrote: Kind of struck me funny....how are black english people considered to be africanized-americans.....probably part of that "man in a dress" turns you into a chick crowd way of thinking.
I don’t know where that came from, because I’ve never heard of it.

nefarious101

Share      Unread post

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 12:04 pm » wrote: I don’t know where that came from, because I’ve never heard of it.

so how's the new lock down going?  Be a good time to take up woodworking or knitting at home

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

nefarious101 » 25 Nov 2021, 12:17 pm » wrote: so how's the new lock down going?  Be a good time to take up woodworking or knitting at home
Not happened yet. But they’ve enforced existing restrictions. Utter misery.

I thought of jigsaw puzzles.

nefarious101

Share      Unread post

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 12:20 pm » wrote: Not happened yet. But they’ve enforced existing restrictions. Utter misery.

I thought of jigsaw puzzles.

Hard to believe that's the type of government the Europeans want.....I guess we have people like that here too....except we have a lot more people who aren't like that.

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

nefarious101 » 25 Nov 2021, 9:48 am » wrote: Mobs aren't protesting anything when cops kill a darkie....they just want to shop without paying...aka looting. 

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

nefarious101 » 25 Nov 2021, 12:30 pm » wrote: Hard to believe that's the type of government the Europeans want.....I guess we have people like that here too....except we have a lot more people who aren't like that.
The Turks are manning the security. :idea:  

nefarious101

Share      Unread post

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 1:04 pm » wrote: The Turks are manning the security. Image

We have drug cartels manning our border security.

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

nefarious101 » 25 Nov 2021, 1:11 pm » wrote: We have drug cartels manning our border security.
What about the Canadian border?

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

nefarious101 » 25 Nov 2021, 1:11 pm » wrote: We have drug cartels manning our border security.

nefarious101

Share      Unread post

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 1:17 pm » wrote: What about the Canadian border?

Good fishing, hunting and people who talk funny.....same thing here and in south Louisiana.....I'll give Canada a big thumps up...but they can keep their panty waist politics

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

nefarious101 » 25 Nov 2021, 1:53 pm » wrote: Good fishing, hunting and people who talk funny.....same thing here and in south Louisiana.....I'll give Canada a big thumps up...but they can keep their panty waist politics
Do they have armed border guards?  Do the Americans?