This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
nefarious101

Share      Unread post

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 1:55 pm » wrote: Do they have armed border guards?  Do the Americans?

Most if not all american law enforcement officers carry a gun....guns are a fixture in our country

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

nefarious101 » 25 Nov 2021, 2:09 pm » wrote: Most if not all american law enforcement officers carry a gun....guns are a fixture in our country
Germans too.

With heavy duty guns at the Christmas Market, assisted by heavily armed American MP’s.

Though it seems Covid has replaced terrorists.

nefarious101

Share      Unread post

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 2:14 pm » wrote: Germans too.

With heavy duty guns at the Christmas Market, assisted by heavily armed American MP’s.

Though it seems Covid has replaced terrorists.

Never been to Europe....never really wanted to travel overseas....too much to see and do here....you would need several lifetime to take it all in

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

nefarious101 » 25 Nov 2021, 2:32 pm » wrote: Never been to Europe....never really wanted to travel overseas....too much to see and do here....you would need several lifetime to take it all in
I know. 12 hours to drive across Texas. You can be though four countries in Europe in that time.

I remember a drive from New York to Toronto. I thought we were never going to get there.

nefarious101

Share      Unread post

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 2:36 pm » wrote: I know. 12 hours to drive across Texas. You can be though four countries in Europe in that time.

I remember a drive from New York to Toronto. I thought we were never going to get there.

I go to south texas every month almost....I could actually get to Montana in the same amount of time....but the BBQ and seafood is amazing

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

nefarious101 » 25 Nov 2021, 2:42 pm » wrote: I go to south texas every month almost....I could actually get to Montana in the same amount of time....but the BBQ and seafood is amazing
I did a road trip across Pennsylvania 2 years, or was it 3 years ago? Before Covid hit.

For some reason, I’d like to go to San Antonio.

nefarious101

Share      Unread post

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 3:00 pm » wrote: I did a road trip across Pennsylvania 2 years, or was it 3 years ago? Before Covid hit.

That's one of the places I go when I am out that way....there's a place called Black's BBQ...get the beef ribs....it's the only thing in life that will love you back not questions asked

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

Famagusta » 25 Nov 2021, 3:00 pm » wrote: I did a road trip across Pennsylvania 2 years, or was it 3 years ago? Before Covid hit.

Lotta Mexicans there, gang fights, better come armed!I lived there during the 50's. Its a nice city as long as you are a tourist.
:roll:  

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

nefarious101 » 25 Nov 2021, 3:16 pm » wrote: That's one of the places I go when I am out that way....there's a place called Black's BBQ...get the beef ribs....it's the only thing in life that will love you back not questions asked
The River Walk.

nefarious101

Share      Unread post

Yeah....I saw a carra carra last time a was there....I'm more wildlife than nightlife

Str8tEdge

Share      Unread post

Emperor of the Pheasants
Emperor of the Pheasants
Politics: Libertarian

Jantje_Smit » 25 Nov 2021, 10:30 am » wrote: I just saw this... you shouldn't call it looting anymore... that's racist....

‘Peaceful Shopping?’ Social Media Riled as Public Warned Not to Call California Crime Wave 'Looting

Social media users have mocked “woke” criminal experts for urging the public to steer clear of referring to a spate of Bay Area, California, burglaries as “looting.”

A gang of about 40 robbers were filmed smashing display cases at a Sam's Jewelers in Southland Mall in Hayward on Sunday, while other groups stole looted a drug store. Another gang was seen grabbing garments from a Lululemon store in San Jose, according to KPIX.

However, experts interviewed by a Bay Area news station, including a professor of criminal justice and an ex-cop, said the incidents should to be called “organised smash-and-grabs.”

“This seems like it's an organized smash and grab robbery. This doesn't seem like looting,” Martin Reynolds, co-executive director of the Robert C. Maynard Institute of Journalism Education, stated.

Another expert, ex-police officer Lorenzo Boyd, PhD, professor of Criminal Justice & Community Policing at the University of New Haven, also underscored that the wording mattered.

"Looting is a term that we typically use when people of colour or urban dwellers are doing something. We tend not to use that term for other people when they do the exact same thing," said Boyd....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1462462393376813057

Ah, peaceful looting.  :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl: