This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
I'm invited to a private soiree at an upscale fine dining establishment by the family who owns the restaurant. I am bringing soft shell crabs done tempura style, as my contribution to the festivities. Got up at six and started cooking at 8, was through by nine - party starts about noon. The venue is 45 minutes away from my home.

It's all very posh. The restaurant is owned by my best friend's sister, with whom until their father's recent death he was estranged. I am hoping for rapprochement betwixt them - on the surface, for their well being. Deep in my dark and perverse self-interest, my motives are culinary. 

Fine dining ranks high among my interests. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you - be humble and grateful for your blessings today. Image Image

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Cannonpointer » 25 Nov 2021, 10:46 am » wrote: I'm invited to a private soiree at an upscale fine dining establishment by the family who owns the restaurant. I am bringing soft shell crabs done tempura style, as my contribution to the festivities. Got up at six and started cooking at 8, was through by nine - party starts about noon. The venue is 45 minutes away from my home.

It's all very posh. The restaurant is owned by my best friend's sister, with whom until their father's recent death he was estranged. I am hoping for rapprochement betwixt them - on the surface, for their well being. Deep in my dark and perverse self-interest, my motives are culinary. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you - be humble and grateful for your blessings today. Image Image
As I have mentioned in another thread, I am having turkey at home while watching turkeys roam my property. Little do they realize they are almost like residents of Dachau, Bavaria.

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Image        Image        Image
IT'S GETTIN' BETTER!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcm7LaM6u0w

DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

Oh, thank you taxpayers, for thine EBT chitterlings, fatback, hominy grits, gold teefs and purple drank we gonna' be fighting over at this muthafukkin table. And may we soon find one of our 10 wandering Pappys. In the name of Malcom TEN, Allah Snack bar!

Rock

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Cannonpointer » 25 Nov 2021, 10:46 am » wrote: I'm invited to a private soiree at an upscale fine dining establishment by the family who owns the restaurant. I am bringing soft shell crabs done tempura style, as my contribution to the festivities. Got up at six and started cooking at 8, was through by nine - party starts about noon. The venue is 45 minutes away from my home.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all our forum members.  :)  

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
DeezerShoove » 25 Nov 2021, 1:03 pm » wrote: As I have mentioned in another thread, I am having turkey at home while watching turkeys roam my property. Little do they realize they are almost like residents of Dachau, Bavaria.
ha ha ha..
 Over here we had a discussion? The girls are safe.. If they a make it thru the day... my dog is drooling? little Willy wants dinner...my schnauzer... :blush:   :blush:   :blush:  

Str8tEdge

Share      Unread post

Emperor of the Pheasants
Emperor of the Pheasants
Politics: Libertarian

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 

We're having a maskless family get together at my house. Should be just enough to violate local mandates. 

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out

Tempura is edible that long after frying? Happy Thanksgiving!!

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

Phoenix68.2.0 » 25 Nov 2021, 1:21 pm » wrote: Image        Image        Image
IT'S GETTIN' BETTER!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcm7LaM6u0w
Where can I get those emojis??????

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Neo » 25 Nov 2021, 4:34 pm » wrote: Tempura is edible that long after frying? Happy Thanksgiving!!
As it turned out, yes. :) 

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Cannonpointer » 25 Nov 2021, 8:18 pm » wrote: As it turned out, yes. Image
Need to tell me how to reheat it. Gets gummy in the broiler, haven't tried an air fryer...

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Neo » 25 Nov 2021, 8:24 pm » wrote: Need to tell me how to reheat it. Gets gummy in the broiler, haven't tried an air fryer...
Didn't. 

Used Hawaiian rolls, made sliders out of it. 

I cut the crabs in half - made a couple of dozen sliders for the party. Brought ten home and will share them at work this week. 

Str8tEdge

Share      Unread post

Emperor of the Pheasants
Emperor of the Pheasants
Politics: Libertarian

Cannonpointer » 25 Nov 2021, 8:31 pm » wrote: Didn't. 

Used Hawaiian rolls, made sliders out of it. 

I cut the crabs in half - made a couple of dozen sliders for the party. Brought ten home and will share them at work this week.
Wanna go fishing?  :ninja:  

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Str8tEdge » 25 Nov 2021, 4:13 pm » wrote: Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 

We're having a maskless family get together at my house. Should be just enough to violate local mandates.
We had 20-some people at this party. There were not only no masks - there were no CONVERSATIONS about masks. 

There aren't masks where I live, except at work - and we only wear masks at work twice a week for ten minutes, when the big boss drops in. The rest of the time we either go without or we chin strap, depending on who is in the building. 

The percentage of jabbed at my work is extremely low - but naturally, we respect the right of everyone to decide their own personal medical issues.

A woman's right to choose is between her and her doctor. 

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 25 Nov 2021, 9:42 pm » wrote: We had 20-some people at this party. There were not only no masks - there were no CONVERSATIONS about masks. 

There aren't masks where I live, except at work - and we only wear masks at work twice a week for ten minutes, when the big boss drops in. The rest of the time we either go without or we chin strap, depending on who is in the building. 

The percentage of jabbed at my work is extremely low - but naturally, we respect the right of everyone to decide their own personal medical issues.

A woman's right to choose is between her and her doctor.
Unfair to go fishing w Pigsty and not StrainWedge

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Polar1ty » 25 Nov 2021, 10:42 pm » wrote: Unfair to go fishing w Pigsty and not StrainWedge
My boy big sky is sending me some buffalo liver and summer sausage. He was sending me tongues, but there was a snafu and those won't be coming on this harvest. Never had buffalo tongue - looking forward to next year. 

What is nursie gonna give me for a "magical roll on the river?" Hm? A stethoscope? 

I'm NOT that kind of girl. Hmf. 

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Cannonpointer » 26 Nov 2021, 7:27 am » wrote: My boy big sky is sending me some buffalo liver and summer sausage. He was sending me tongues, but there was a snafu and those won't be coming on this harvest. Never had buffalo tongue - looking forward to next year. 

What is nursie gonna give me for a "magical roll on the river?" Hm? A stethoscope? 

I'm NOT that kind of girl. Hmf.
You better leave our forum Buffalo alone. :evil:  How about some Cow tongue instead. :)  

Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 25 Nov 2021, 9:42 pm » wrote: We had 20-some people at this party. There were not only no masks - there were no CONVERSATIONS about masks....
So I guess you didn't serve your soft shell crabs in the garage while having fun waiting for the test results....

Good

https://twitter.com/i/status/1463539499397431306

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Jantje_Smit » 26 Nov 2021, 7:34 am » wrote: So I guess you didn't serve your soft shell crabs in the garage while having fun waiting for the test results....

Good

https://twitter.com/i/status/1463539499397431306
LMFAO - it was a hetero, cis event. 

Jantje_Smit

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 26 Nov 2021, 7:37 am » wrote: LMFAO - it was a hetero, cis event.
Well, I hope you at least decolonized the event and did a land acknowledgement...

Schools tell families how to ‘decolonize Thanksgiving’

The District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS) has provided families with the resources needed to “decolonize” Thanksgiving, including guidance on indigenous land acknowledgement.

“Thanksgiving is a day that can be difficult for many to celebrate as we reflect on the history of the holiday and the horrors inflicted on our indigenous populations,” DCPS Chancellor Lewis D. Ferebee said in an email sent to the families of students on November 18.

He added that, for those who did choose to celebrate, the equity team was sharing suggestions “for how you can consider decolonizing your Thanksgiving.” 

If you host a Thanksgiving meal, consider doing a land acknowledgement,” said Ferebee...