This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
Pengwin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,410
Politics: Liberal

DeezerShoove » 11 Jan 2022, 11:00 pm » wrote: Animal reservoirs.
That's the big reason this virus is with us forever. Look it up.
And I agree however we - are also animals.

Covid-19 will become like the Flu, in time it is thought.  There are vaccines you can get but it won't be going away because...............................wait for it...........................the virus keeps changing.

Saying a vaccine is only a vaccine IF the disease goes away is invalid.  A tiring game of S e m a n t i c s . . .

 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 16,511
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom - the slutty one

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:10 pm » wrote: You are playing semantics.  We both used the same definition but you dropped out this since it didn't fit your worldview: 

"every year the flu vaccine is modified to deal with new strains of the virus"

A vaccine?  Every year?  Good God Almighty, I guess the Flu doesn't go away with a shot (like, say, Polio would have)...
No, I am adhering to definitions - YOU are playing semantics. 

The DEFINTION of a vaccine - bold whatever you like - is "an agent that confers immunity." 

The jabs fail to meet the threshold of the definition - as do many of the agents that the drug companies HOPE will act as flu vaccines, and often fail.
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 16,511
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom - the slutty one

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:14 pm » wrote:
Saying a vaccine is only a vaccine IF the disease goes away is invalid.  A tiring game of S e m a n t i c s . . .
No one has said that. 

What I have said - and what the definition YOU copy-pasted confirms - is that vaccines confer immunity.

The jab does not - and so, is not a vaccine. 

Now - play semantics.


DO IT!
 
 
 

User avatar
Pengwin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,410
Politics: Liberal

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 11:15 pm » wrote: No, I am adhering to definitions - YOU are playing semantics. 

The DEFINTION of a vaccine - bold whatever you like - is "an agent that confers immunity."
It does say that, it just doesn't say for how long, or what happens if the virus (the disease) changes?

That they included: "every year the flu vaccine is modified to deal with new strains of the virus" means they are aware that some vaccines work like the Polio Vaccine (it might go away forever) and some work like a Flu Vaccine (see you next year but I will have mutated, that's what I do)...
 
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 16,511
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom - the slutty one

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:19 pm » wrote: It does say that, it just doesn't say for how long, or what happens if the virus (the disease) changes?

That they included: "every year the flu vaccine is modified to deal with new strains of the virus" means they are aware that some vaccines work like the Polio Vaccine (it might go away forever) and some work like a Flu Vaccine (see you this same time next year)...
You played semantics. You followed orders.

The jabs confer no immunity, and so are no vaccines. 

User avatar
Pengwin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,410
Politics: Liberal

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 11:16 pm » wrote: No one has said that. 

What I have said - and what the definition YOU copy-pasted confirms - is that vaccines confer immunity.

 
We used the same definition, and "immunity" for how long?  You are implying for life and it doesn't say that.

You just left out this part:  "every year the flu vaccine is modified to deal with new strains of the virus"

See above.

User avatar
Pengwin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,410
Politics: Liberal

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 11:21 pm » wrote:

The jabs confer no immunity, and so are no vaccines.
That is not correct.

And the CDC is very happy with the "Vaccine" (in quotes for you) Results: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7101a4.htm
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 16,511
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom - the slutty one

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:22 pm » wrote: We used the same definition, and "immunity" for how long?  You are implying for life and it doesn't say that.

You just left out this part:  "every year the flu vaccine is modified to deal with new strains of the virus"

See above.
I left out a part that does not define the term. You wish to include a part that does not define the term. 

The DEFINITION disqualifies the jabs, as they do not immunize recipients from the virus. 

Vaccines immunize. The jabs do not. 

The issue is not that the jabs fail to immunize against MUTATIONS. The jabs fail to immunize against the ORIGINAL VIRUS.
 

User avatar
Pengwin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,410
Politics: Liberal

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 11:16 pm » wrote:
...is that vaccines confer immunity.
How long does the definition say for?
 
Right - it doesn't.

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 16,511
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom - the slutty one

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:24 pm » wrote: That is not correct.

And the CDC is very happy with the "Vaccine" (in quotes for you) Results: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7101a4.htm
The jabs do not confer immunity for the ORIGINAL VIRUS. Therefore, the jabs are not vaccines.

Wait - are you arguing that the jabs ARE vaccines - just terribly unreliable and ineffective ones?

Is THAT your argument?

User avatar
Pengwin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,410
Politics: Liberal

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 11:26 pm » wrote: I left out a part that does not define the term. You wish to include a part that does not define the term. 

The DEFINITION disqualifies the jabs, as they do not immunize recipients from the virus. 

Vaccines immunize. The jabs do not. 

 
I'm done playing semantics with you.

If you oppose the Flu shot, do so,  If you oppose the Covid-19 shot, do so.  They both have to deal with a virus constantly on the move.

If you think only a Polio-type Vaccine should be called a vaccine, and a Flu Vaccine something else, start calling everyone who writes a dictionary, the AMA, the CDC, etc.  

Good luck, Chuck...
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 16,511
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom - the slutty one

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:26 pm » wrote: How long does the definition say for?
 
Right - it doesn't.
Okay - so you are arguing that I am incorrect to say the jabs are not vaccines - but that I WOULD be correct to say that they are ineffective ones with a high rate of failure?

Is that your position?
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 16,511
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom - the slutty one

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:31 pm » wrote: I'm done playing semantics with you.
Promise made.
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:31 pm » wrote: If you oppose the Flu shot, do so,  If you oppose the Covid-19 shot, do so.  They both have to deal with a virus constantly on the move.

If you think only a Polio-type Vaccine should be called a vaccine, and a Flu Vaccine something else, start calling everyone who writes a dictionary, the AMA, the CDC, etc.  

Good luck, Chuck...
Promise broken.

User avatar
Pengwin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,410
Politics: Liberal

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 11:29 pm » wrote:

Wait - are you arguing that the jabs ARE vaccines - just terribly unreliable and ineffective ones?

Is THAT your argument?
Not my argument but would there be something wrong with that?

It's a new virus, constantly mutating, and its killing people here, there, and everywhere.

Is your suggestion that we just sit back and watch the paint dry to see how it all works out?  That's an idea, but not a very human or humane one...
 

User avatar
Pengwin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,410
Politics: Liberal

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 11:32 pm » wrote: Promise made.

Promise broken.

I'm unconcerned.  See above.
 

User avatar
Pengwin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,410
Politics: Liberal

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 11:31 pm » wrote: Okay - so you are arguing that I am incorrect to say the jabs are not vaccines - but that I WOULD be correct to say that they are ineffective ones with a high rate of failure?


 
You can say that, it's better than nothin', but the stats prove you wrong. 

The vaccinated are doing very well these days, the unvaccinated not so much...

 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 16,511
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom - the slutty one

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:33 pm » wrote: Not my argument but would there be something wrong with that?
Seems to be your argument - and you tell me if there is anything wrong with it. Own it or don't - stop playing semantics.
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:33 pm » wrote: It's a new virus, constantly mutating, and its killing people here, there, and everywhere.
We should try to create an effective vaccine, then.
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:33 pm » wrote: Is your suggestion that we just sit back and watch the paint dry to see how it all works out?  That's an idea, but not a very human or humane one...
No, I am for creating an effective vaccine - and in the meantime, TREATING the disease with - look it up - antivirals.
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 16,511
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom - the slutty one

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:36 pm » wrote: You can say that, it's better than nothin', but the stats prove you wrong. 

The vaccinated are doing very well these days, the unvaccinated not so much...
Read the thread title, tard. 

You have not even TRIED to debunk it. 
 

User avatar
Pengwin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,410
Politics: Liberal

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 11:37 pm » wrote: Seems to be your argument - and you tell me if there is anything wrong with it. Own it or don't - stop playing semantics.

We should try to create an effective vaccine, then.

No, I am for creating an effective vaccine - and in the meantime, TREATING the disease with - look it up - antivirals.
I said I was done on this, and I am.  My positions have been clearly stated for all to see.

Argue your semantics with someone else. 

We have agreed on more than enough for the night, and I found that - enjoyable, even refreshing.
 
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 16,511
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom - the slutty one

WhistleSNAP
A jab that does not confer immunity is not a vaccine. It's an ATTEMPT at a vaccine. 

A failed attempt. 

Compelling healthy people to accept a known failure is retar ted.
 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Annoyed Liberall, Beekeeper, Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, ConsRule, Crazytrain, DeplorablePatriot, dickens, FJB, FOS, GHETTO BLASTER, Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Hank, Ike Bana, Isabel, Jinn Martini, leftist, LibDave, nefarious101, Neo, neue regel, OdeToJoy, PaperLi [Bot], Pengwin, Polar1ty, PoliticalPopUp, pwingly, Semrush [Bot], SharminSultana, SJConspirator, Steve Jobs [Bot], supraTruth, Taipan, thelion, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, Zeets2 and 597 guests