This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Liberalsarescum » 11 Jan 2022, 7:46 pm » wrote: We have a poster here who claims George Washington was a liberal 
George Washington fought on the side of those who would give the vote to commoners, and against those who wanted to maintain the existing social order (conservatives).

The Tories were without any doubt the conservative force in the colonies. George Washington opposed and defeated the conservative's armies.

Pretty sure that makes the man a liberal - would be interested to see how you might parse your way around the fact that he was opposed by conservatives, if he was NOT a liberal. :)

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
From your link:
Washington stood for national freedom, individual liberties, and a strong central government that would serve to protect the freedoms and liberties of its citizens. Also, he believed in complete separation of church and the state.
That sounds pretty liberal to me. You?

How about this - from the same link:
The Jeffersonians feared the growth of the United States federal government since they equated this growth with the loss of states' rights and individual liberties. Despite their ardent disapproval of the treaty, the Jay Treaty was signed into effect, with the backing of President Washington. This move by President Washington was one of several that proved that he believed in a strong central government.

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Liberalsarescum » 11 Jan 2022, 7:46 pm » wrote: We have a poster here who claims George Washington was a liberal and liberals dont steal guns they buy  them, I already started a thread about how a gun is stolen in the USA every 6o to 90 seconds and that 7 out of 10 Felons in Jail Id as democrat.
So Now we must address the claim that George washing ton was a liberal .

To be honest I enjoy helping him make a fool out of himself , he actually will do all the work for you .

George was a farmer a wine maker a business man and a leader of men not to mention a historical figure who we know a great deal about. 

George was always a independent, but valued Federalist policy's and often followed them.

https://www.georgewashington.org/political-opinions.jsp

https://www.mountvernon.org/george-wash ... l-parties/

Now at the time there were 2 major parties The Federalist and the democrat republicans .The Federalist Partyarty, with leaders such as Richard Nixon and George W. Bush openly expressing a preference for strict constructionism in their administrations’ judicial philosophy. I want to think the pin head who calls himself a liberal for allowing me to make him look like the pinhead he is , but hey he is the one doing all the work for me.

The end - almost.

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 9:43 pm » wrote: From your link:

That sounds pretty liberal to me. You?

How about this - from the same link:

Now it's - the end.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Liberalsarescum » 11 Jan 2022, 7:46 pm » wrote: We have a poster here who claims George Washington was a liberal
I will tell you what I understand the defining difference between liberals and conservatives to be. If you disagree, do correct me. 

The very first and most important difference is that the liberal agitates for change and the conservative resists change - a very important function in any society that will long survive. Conservatives may not ENTIRELY oppose change, but they demand sound arguments and due time for examination and rumination, and generally limit the change as much as possible - always cautious and well aware of the iron law of unintended consequences.

The liberal tendency is to upset the existing order, to throw caution to the winds and to agitate for radical change. The liberal tendency is toward revolt against established order and upheaval - the classic left bank vs. right bank; chaos vs. order; the new and unproven vs. the status quo. The liberal is virtually always a danger to the existing order - the conservative its defender. 

In the case of Washington, he was not just any agent of change - he was an outright revolutionary intent on overthrowing the existing order in favor of an untried and novel approach to government - an "experiment in democracy." Those who oppose revolutionaries are by definition the conservative forces in almost any dispute: They are standing for the status quo and resisting rapid change. Those who prosecute revolutions are generally the liberal forces.

The two contrary examples of history are the Spanish Revolution under Franco - a fascist, - and the failed putsch by Adolf Hitler - another fascist. In Franco's case, he looked to re-establish the monarchy by overthrowing the weak and corrupt republic which had supplanted it - an arch-conservative function. In Hitler's case, he was looking to overthrow an even weaker and more corrupt republic which had no legitimacy with the German people, having been imposed upon them by the victor-nations from WW1.

I do not believe that Washington was a fascist. The political philosophy had not yet yet been articulated, and his political philosophy looked very little like fascism. Washington was not attempting to overthrow a weak and illegitimate government, as was Hitler. Nor was he attempting to restore monarchy against a republic, as Franco was. He was looking to break away from a monarch and create a republic. And not just any republic: a republic that enfranchised a much larger percentage of the population with the power of the vote and the right to hold office. A republic that gave power to the people. A republic that elevated the common man, making him his own master. 

I believe you have quite a task ahead of you, if you wish to argue that George Washington was a conservative, and no small task if you wish to discredit the notion that he was, in fact, a liberal. 

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 10:14 pm » wrote: Image
 Now it's - the end.
One wishes. 

I do not believe the OP has the vaguest notion - beyond bumper stickers - what conservatism is, or what liberalism is. I almost cringe at the the weak spew I anticipate. But he could surprise me. He could learn something. 

Hope springs eternal. 

And yes - the men in your picture are liberals. Just look at their long hair, for **** sake. And George Washington cultivated marijuana. He was a POT HEAD!

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Liberalsarescum » 11 Jan 2022, 10:25 pm » wrote: History is history and he was a independent who tended to follow federalist policy's

You mean AN independent. 

But being a liberal or a conservative is independent of being an "independent." There are conservative independents and there are liberal independents. 

George Washington was the very definition of a liberal - at least, until he became president. The moment he became president, he became the protector of the status quo - serving a conservative function. So George Washington was a liberal as a general, a functional conservative (as were, arguably, Bill Clinton and Barak Obama) as president. 

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Liberalsarescum » 11 Jan 2022, 10:29 pm » wrote: Ok cant you read and stop[ giving your opinion I posted links showing he was a independent and supported federalist policy's are you stupid and unable to read , god you anf the bird are both pin heads

The federalists were liberals. I cannot make you a competent thinker. 

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Liberalsarescum » 11 Jan 2022, 10:26 pm » wrote:
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 10:13 pm » wrote: Image

The end - almost.
Fr from it you will **** up some more and make a fool out of your self time and time again
Well.

Someone doesn't take correction very well. Someone has a fragile ego. Someone cannot admit when he made a mistake. 

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 10:26 pm » wrote:

I do not believe the OP has the vaguest notion - beyond bumper stickers - what conservatism is, or what liberalism is. I almost cringe at the the weak spew I anticipate.

But he could surprise me. He could learn something. 

1. Agreed.

2. Not a chance in hell.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 10:35 pm » wrote: 1. Agreed.

2. Not a chance in hell.
I expected weak sauce - got dishwater instead.  :)  

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 10:38 pm » wrote: I expected weak sauce - got dishwater instead.  Image
Good one, actually.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 10:38 pm » wrote: Good one, actually.

You'll note I pinned the thread. My reason was that it raises an important issue - badly, incorrectly, but raises it.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

One of my favorite quotes comes from GW

“The right wing, where I stood, was exposed to and received all the enemy's fire ... I heard the bullets whistle, and, believe me, there is something charming in the sound."

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
SJConspirator » 11 Jan 2022, 10:52 pm » wrote: One of my favorite quotes comes from GW

“The right wing, where I stood, was exposed to and received all the enemy's fire ... I heard the bullets whistle, and, believe me, there is something charming in the sound."
A preposition proposition:

Would it be rakish of me to change the thread title by substituting the word "for" with the word "from"? :LOL:  

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2022, 10:57 pm » wrote: A preposition proposition:

Would it be rakish of me to change the thread title by substituting the word "for" with the word "from"? Image
History lesson from a pin head

- rakish maybe.. genius, definitely

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Seems the OP had Internet issues tonight...

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 11 Jan 2022, 11:54 pm » wrote: Seems the OP had Internet issues tonight...
He disappeared quicker than cocaine left out at Vegas's mama's house. 

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Liberalsarescum » 12 Jan 2022, 12:25 am » wrote: awwww I have pissed off 2 of the 3 biggest dumb asses on the forum. And they look like they are going to both hug and kiss and join force together. Maybe have a gay marriage or one will get a sex change.
THERE'S the little girl.

She got solidly refuted, but received no education from it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6FTWv7abjU

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Liberalsarescum » 12 Jan 2022, 12:25 am » wrote: awwww I have pissed off 2 of the 3 biggest dumb asses on the forum. And they look like they are going to both hug and kiss and join force together. Maybe have a gay marriage or one will get a sex change.
See ya never, my ignorant infant.

@Cannonpointer