This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Crazytrain » 13 Jan 2022, 5:05 pm » wrote: But it became a republican tag line after the stop the steal **** was shut down to keep idiot cons from committing suicide.
No, we have been calling progressives humorless and increasingly violent threats to domestic tranquility. A loose and fractious coalition of the perpetually aggrieved. 

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Beer
Neo » 13 Jan 2022, 5:22 pm » wrote: No, we have been calling progressives humorless and increasingly violent threats to domestic tranquility. A loose and fractious coalition of the perpetually aggrieved.
And now you are perpetually aggrieved because you lost the presidency and Congress. So. 

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Crazytrain » 13 Jan 2022, 5:37 pm » wrote: And now you are perpetually aggrieved because you lost the presidency and Congress. So.
Off topic. 

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
I otherwords you are correct and I have no reply to your bit of truth. 

Zeets2

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 13 Jan 2022, 3:59 pm » wrote: Cancel culture is a violation of free speech.

I remember the outrage against Kaepernick for kneeling at the national anthem. He was righteous
You're right that it's an intentional violation of free speech.  HOWEVER, he was NOT righteous in what he did!  And no one that I'm aware of claimed he didn't have a right to do it!  The outrage was against those who were actually employed on a football team were PERMITTED to do it by the league and the team owners, who had every right to demand reverence for the National Anthem.  THEY were the weak pussies for not taking a stand that their fans would have supported overwhelmingly!  I and plenty of others have not watched an entire football gave for years due to their failures, and I don't see that changing any time soon!

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Zeets2 » 13 Jan 2022, 6:48 pm » wrote: You're right that it's an intentional violation of free speech.  HOWEVER, he was NOT righteous in what he did!  And no one that I'm aware of claimed he didn't have a right to do it!  The outrage was against those who were actually employed on a football team were PERMITTED to do it by the league and the team owners, who had every right to demand reverence for the National Anthem.  THEY were the weak pussies for not taking a stand that their fans would have supported overwhelmingly!  I and plenty of others have not watched an entire football gave for years due to their failures, and I don't see that changing any time soon!
But he was cancel cultured for kneeling and expressing his views. You just can't do it on your employers time. You get no freedom of expression or freedom of speech at the work place. All constitutional rights are suspended while being paid to do a job. 

Zeets2

Share      Unread post

Crazytrain » 13 Jan 2022, 7:12 pm » wrote: But he was cancel cultured for kneeling and expressing his views. You just can't do it on your employers time. You get no freedom of expression or freedom of speech at the work place. All constitutional rights are suspended while being paid to do a job.
And what would be wrong about such a huge majority of Americans exercising THEIR free speech rights to express their disgust with such an *******?  There's a HUGE difference in OBJECTING to what an idiot like that says, and claiming HE DOESN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY IT!  Sure he has that right!  But that doesn't mean the team's owners or the league must give him the platform to express that opinion!  He exercised HIS right, and the team exercised THEIRS!  It's that simple!

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

Zeets2 » 13 Jan 2022, 7:17 pm » wrote: And what would be wrong about such a huge majority of Americans exercising THEIR free speech rights to express their disgust with such an *******?  There's a HUGE difference in OBJECTING to what an idiot like that says, and claiming HE DOESN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY IT!  Sure he has that right!  But that doesn't mean the team's owners or the league must give him the platform to express that opinion!  He exercised HIS right, and the team exercised THEIRS!  It's that simple!

So Twitter was totally justified in banning Trumps account, by your logic.  That’s cool, at least you are consistent

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
SJConspirator » 13 Jan 2022, 7:21 pm » wrote: So Twitter was totally justified in banning Trumps account, by your logic.  That’s cool, at least you are consistent

No that's different Trump is white and Republican. You haven't gotten this yet. 

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

Neo » 13 Jan 2022, 4:14 pm » wrote: Communists were infiltrating academia and Hollywood, we owe McCarthy an apology. Right wingers are patriotic defenders of the constitution, their left wing counterparts despise America.
Apples and oranges ****.  American communists were never interested in the violent overthrow of this democracy like you trumper *******.  They were intellectuals who were interested in workers rights.  They knew that destroying American democracy was an impossibility...that's your game, and the game of your republican representatives in the congress.  Pack of **** traitors who would actually violently interfere with a legal, fair and secure election.

And megalomaniac, narcissistic, self- promoting *******, Joe McCarthy got exactly what he deserved...drinking himself into an early grave at 48 years old.  It's not against any law to be a communist...and it never was.  Eisenhower's Communist Control Act of 1954 was never enforced and long since been repealed.

Last edited by Ike Bana on 13 Jan 2022, 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zeets2

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 13 Jan 2022, 7:21 pm » wrote: So Twitter was totally justified in banning Trumps account, by your logic.  That’s cool, at least you are consistent
Sure, a business owner has the right to run their business the way they see fit.  And Twitter has suffered the consequences of being exposed as the far left hacks they are for now being viewed as totally biased and pawns of the Democrat party.  I'll never use it, and I'm confident there are millions like me who won't either!

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Zeets2 » 13 Jan 2022, 7:36 pm » wrote: Sure, a business owner has the right to run their business the way they see fit.  And Twitter has suffered the consequences of being exposed as the far left hacks they are for now being viewed as totally biased and pawns of the Democrat party.  I'll never use it, and I'm confident there are millions like me who won't either!
But you will quote right wing media that tells the right wing politicians what to say and how to act. Yeah we see you. 

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

Zeets2 » 13 Jan 2022, 7:36 pm » wrote: Sure, a business owner has the right to run their business the way they see fit.  And Twitter has suffered the consequences of being exposed as the far left hacks they are for now being viewed as totally biased and pawns of the Democrat party.  I'll never use it, and I'm confident there are millions like me who won't either!

you are a huge fan of using contrived outrage to punish and silence people .

like I said at least you are consistent..  even vicious censors have a virtue 

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
Neo » 13 Jan 2022, 5:05 pm » wrote:
Crazytrain » 13 Jan 2022, 4:29 pm » wrote: You talking about the conservatives that attacked the capital on lies and tried to stop the peaceful transfer of power under the constitution.
​​
Which never happened. A group of angry idiots invaded the Capitol to protest a vote. They never had any chance of taking over the government or stopping the peaceful transition of power.
Neo » 13 Jan 2022, 5:05 pm » wrote: How much government and state business did the blm protests interfere with?
None.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Grossly overcharged. 

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
IkeBana » 13 Jan 2022, 7:30 pm » wrote: Apples and oranges ****.  American communists were never interested in the violent overthrow of this democracy like you trumper *******.  They were intellectuals who were interested in workers rights.  They knew that destroying American democracy was an impossibility...that's your game, and the game of your republican representatives in the congress.  Pack of **** traitors who would actually violently interfere with a legal, fair and secure election.

And megalomaniac, narcissistic, self- promoting *******, Joe McCarthy got exactly what he deserved...drinking himself into an early grave at 48 years old.  It's not against any law to be a communist...and it never was.  Eisenhower's Communist Control Act of 1954 was never enforced and long since been repealed.
American communists got their marching orders from Moscow. They were rightfully exposed. Nothing illegal about believing that garbage, it's a freedom they enjoy. No different than being a klan member or antifa or militia. 

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

IkeBana » 13 Jan 2022, 7:30 pm » wrote: Apples and oranges ****.  American communists were never interested in the violent overthrow of this democracy like you trumper *******.  They were intellectuals who were interested in workers rights.  They knew that destroying American democracy was an impossibility...that's your game, and the game of your republican representatives in the congress.  Pack of **** traitors who would actually violently interfere with a legal, fair and secure election.

This is complete ****. Communists were revolutionaries and terrorists. They did want to overthrow democracy
..and furthermore they didn't give a f about workers rights. 

StrictlyCashNCarry

Share      Unread post

Politics: Libertarian

7 Nov 1983 - The day the Senate building was bombed by Marxist terrorists

CAPITOL BOMBING

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 860b425ba/

By Ronald Kessler ,

November 9, 1983

The FBI believes the group that claimed responsibility for an explosion that damaged the Capitol Monday night has been involved, either directly or through affiliated groups, in a series of bombings of federal or corporate offices in New York and Washington over the last year, according to informed sources.

A tape recorded message was telephoned to The Washington Post moments before the explosion at 11 p.m. and said that the action was being taken by the Armed Resistance Unit in support of "all nations' struggle" against U.S. military aggression in Grenada and Lebanon. A second call, also recorded, warned the Capitol switchboard that a bomb was about to go off.

Moments later, an explosion left piles of rubble just outside the doors to the Senate chamber, blowing out a wall partition and windows, ripping through the Republican Cloakroom, and damaging several works of art on the second floor. The bomb appeared to have been placed on or under a window well seat in a corridor leading to the Senate chamber.

Congressional aides said the blast, while it apparently caused no structural damage, probably will cost at least $1 million to repair.

Security was immediately tightened at the Capitol and other government buildings yesterday. Several federal office buildings and Metro's Capitol South subway station were closed temporarily after numerous bomb threats were received during the day. The D.C. police warned commanders that terrorist groups could strike again and ordered special surveillance of federal and District government buildings, courthouses, embassies and police facilities.

In a news conference yesterday morning, an outraged Senate Minority Leader Robert C. Byrd (D-W.Va.), whose office doors were blown off in the incident, called the explosion "an offense against all the people."

"It was like a shrapnel explosion," Senate Majority Leader Howard H. Baker Jr. (R-Tenn.) said. "It really could have been bad; there could have been a loss of life if the Senate had been in session."

Sen. Jeremiah Denton (R-Ala), chairman of a security and terrorism subcommittee of the Senate Judiciary Committee, described the bombing as "an attack that strikes at the heart of our constitutional democracy."

"It takes incidents such as the attack on our marines in Lebanon or a bomb going off in the Capitol to obtain the attention that could have and should have been accorded to the problem earlier," said Denton, who sharply criticized the news media for not giving sufficient coverage to the earlier findings of his subcommittee.

continued in link....

StrictlyCashNCarry

Share      Unread post

Politics: Libertarian