This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

Vegas » 13 Jan 2022, 2:57 pm » wrote: Inflation is up higher than ever before. 

Housing prices are increasing at a ridiculous rate.

Gas prices are still up. 

Due to this foreboding, I shall prepare myself.

I'm afraid to ever say yes about this. 

People have Been predicting economic collapse for like10 years. 

I think our elite desperately want a slow collapse. Too fast could wake people up

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

LibDave » 13 Jan 2022, 9:47 pm » wrote: Well then why would you think there will be a recovery?  This isn't a business cycle downturn.  It would require them to deleverage and like you said they are utterly impotent at this point and nothing they can do to reverse its course.  We've seen this EXACT same scenario before.  The result has ALWAYS been the same.  Hyperinflation without bounds.  And in this case you are talking about the world's reserve currency.  There has only been one successful case in which hyperinflation has been halted.  Chile under the Chicago boys with "shock therapy".  And they weren't the world's reserve currency.

And when they "CLAIM" this is the highest inflation in 40 years they are full of BS!  40 years ago inflation was calculated completely differently.  If you used the original method of calculation (which is the more accurate and honest estimation) the actual inflation rate would be 15.5%.  More than double the highest inflation rate we've ever seen.  In fact the whole reason they've continued to make changes since 1982 was to make the inflation calculated appear lower than it actually is.  Why?  Because it serves them politically and it also saves the government lots of money in COLA adjustments.

Dave, I am aware CPI as a measure of inflation is BS. I have made countless posts in the past year mocking how unemployment and inflation are calculated.

You are wrong about 2 things - the quantity theory of money (prices are proportional to money in circulation) and hyperinflation. QTM has been debunked in theory as well as in practice.

https://socialdemocracy21stcentury.blog ... tique.html
 “The quantity theory of money is based on two propositions. First, in the long run, there is proportionality between money growth and inflation, i.e., when money growth increases by x% inflation also rises by x% .... We subjected these statements to empirical tests using a sample which covers most countries in the world during the last 30 years. Our findings can be summarised as follows. First, when analysing the full sample of countries, we find a strong positive relation between the long-run growth rate of money and inflation.

However, this relation is not proportional. Our second finding is that this strong link between inflation and money growth is almost wholly due to the presence of high-inflation or hyperinflation countries in the sample. The relation between inflation and money growth for low-inflation countries (on average less than 10% per year over 30 years) is weak, if not absent” (De Grauwe and Polan 2005: 256).
Japan is great example - it has engaged in relentless QE ("money printing") since the collapse of its property bubble around 1989 yet inflation has been relatively timid.

(Part 2 below as I am limited to 3 thousand characters)

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

(Part 2 continued)

There are several reasons prices are going up - two of which should be apparent immediately. The first is that there is a silent workers' strike going on (go to reddit.com/r/antiwork and you'll see what I mean regarding your typical worker's attitude toward labor in general).

Conventional economics predicts that supply of labor will decrease if the price of labor remains low. As wages have been stagnant since 1973, more and more people are exiting the labor force. If fewer people work, the price of services and products requiring labor will go up.

This is of course a concept alien to many conservative retards as they simply tell people to "work harder" even though "working harder" means flooding the labor market with even more worthless, commoditized labor.

The second reason is - and please excuse the conspiratorial angle - the (((globalists))) have created this by design. Look at port congestion on the West coast. This could easily be resolved in fewer than 24 hours with some simple changes to the rules and regulations governing the transportation of goods...but that will never happen.

We have heard of many meat plants shutting down due to the hoax that you may have heard of known as "Covid-19" - hence the soaring price of beef. (((BlackRock))) and (((Vanguard))) buy up more residential properties and rent them out to people making $25/hr or whatever pittance they make while retarded zoning regulations make it difficult or impossible to build more housing.

I do not believe there will be hyperinflation. Hyperinflation is a completely different issue (a rather complex one beyond "printing money uncontrollably") and you're free to bookmark this post and check back 5 - 10 years later to see who is correct. Most of these problems like supply chain issues (a major contributor to inflation) were (((engineered))) deliberately.

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Beer

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
Millionaires and billionaires are making more money than ever. The poor suffers after another republican president. No surprise here.

FOS

Share      Unread post

Crazytrain » 13 Jan 2022, 11:22 pm » wrote: Millionaires and billionaires are making more money than ever. The poor suffers after another republican president. No surprise here.
If you think democrats would ever fix that then you are daft. This has been a constant trend since the 50s

Crazytrain

Share      Unread post

Beer
FOS » 13 Jan 2022, 11:27 pm » wrote: If you think democrats would ever fix that then you are daft. This has been a constant trend since the 50s
Show me a democratic president that didn't create millions of jobs in this century. I'll wait. And then I'll show you republican presidents that didn't create jobs. Two of them back to back. 

FOS

Share      Unread post

Crazytrain » 13 Jan 2022, 11:41 pm » wrote: Show me a democratic president that didn't create millions of jobs in this century. I'll wait. And then I'll show you republican presidents that didn't create jobs. Two of them back to back.
No democratic president has 'created' millions of jobs. 

LibDave

Share      Unread post

Politics: Capitalist

Blackvegetable » 13 Jan 2022, 10:08 pm » wrote: Is the deficit larger or smaller in 2001 than in 1993?

How about 2017 and 2009?
No.  Not valid.  Cherry picking and not supported by the facts.  Pretty obvious how you are trying to mislead.  Confirmation Bias and Cognitive Dissonance.

Also it isn't relevant to the discussion.

LibDave

Share      Unread post

FOS » 14 Jan 2022, 1:02 am » wrote: No democratic president has 'created' millions of jobs.
Exactly.  Shows a complete lack of understanding of the field of economics.  And they will never get around their confirmation bias.  If a miracle occurred and you did, their cognitive dissonance would rear its ugly head and they would rationalize it away.  His statement millions of jobs created is sad.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
LibDave » 14 Jan 2022, 1:24 am » wrote: No.  Not valid.  Cherry picking and not supported by the facts.  Pretty obvious how you are trying to mislead.  Confirmation Bias and Cognitive Dissonance.

Also it isn't relevant to the discussion.
Post the **** numbers and let's see.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
FOS » 14 Jan 2022, 1:02 am » wrote: No democratic president has 'created' millions of jobs.
Shut the **** up, CC

peepee

Share      Unread post

Gas prices are still up. 

:rolleyes:  ...stfu about 'the economy' until you understand ((((((((THE MONEY)))))) which is one half of every economic transaction, trumptard...  ;)  

peepee

Share      Unread post

LibDave » 14 Jan 2022, 1:29 am » wrote: Exactly.  Shows a complete lack of understanding of the field of economics. 
...oh goody!!! ...the republican monetary ignoramuses who smoke dope weigh :o  in...  :rofl:   :clap:  

omh

Share      Unread post

Gas prices are still up. 

You aren't prepared for what life is in plain sight. Not my fault you will not change your mind. All this orchestrated chaos doesn't destroy physical absolutes, so organized denial cannot crash reality unless everyone believes they(ruling elites) have.

Zeets2

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Crazytrain » 13 Jan 2022, 11:22 pm » wrote: Millionaires and billionaires are making more money than ever. The poor suffers after another republican president. No surprise here.
Why don't you try to explain how the poor were "suffering" under Trump prior to the pandemic? Their unemployment was at record lows, their wages increased more than the inflation rate, cheap labor wasn't flooding in from Mexico as it is now, their reliance on food stamps and welfare were lower, and they received a huge tax cut from Trump, energy independence, low gas and heating oil prices, a stable housing market, minimal inflation, record high stock market prices stabilizing the economy, the rich paying MORE in taxes, and well-stocked shelves in every store. 

Which of those conditions would you say is better for the poor now, under the demented mental midget YOU have helped to stick us with? 

LibDave

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 14 Jan 2022, 8:49 am » wrote: Post the **** numbers and let's see.
You don't know how to post them yourself?

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
LibDave » 14 Jan 2022, 9:54 am » wrote: You don't know how to post them yourself?
You have no **** clue where to find them, do you.

Do you think I'd tee you up like this and not know?

LibDave

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 14 Jan 2022, 10:02 am » wrote: You have no **** clue where to find them, do you.

Do you think I'd tee you up like this and not know?
Why the hesitation?  It is your criteria.  This is the method you use to determine who you vote for "supposedly".  So post them.  I'm waiting to hear your ANALYSIS.  Tell us what you "researched" and came up with.  lol.  I can't wait to hear this.

peepee

Share      Unread post

LibDave » 14 Jan 2022, 9:54 am » wrote: You don't know how to post them yourself
...oh goody... the dummies who don't understand what one 'dollar' is are going to work their cupcake  :o  holes about some illion$...  :clap:   :rofl: