This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 22 Jun 2022, 1:14 pm » wrote: We now this.

The rifle sold to civilians does not conform with a particular military doctrine. By the military's own definition the rifle sold to civilians is not an assault rifle.
again we have sound reason to stop right there..

Skans

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Blackvegetable » 22 Jun 2022, 12:54 pm » wrote: More creative writing.

The MILITARY determines what it wants, and why.

The Assault Rifle was designed for specific reasons, identified through empirical analysis of shooters, context, and injuries. It was developed to conform with a particular MILITARY Doctrine.

The reason it is sold to civilians in slightly modified form is entirely divorced from its purpose. It is all about the dollars. It's metal oxy.
Civilians buy semi-auto AR's because they are cheap, efficient killing machines. And, many of the ones assembled by Civilians are far actually better than what they had in the Military. So what?  It's our right!

I think I'm going to rename my AR's , (which just means "Armalite") to "CEKM" - Cheap Efficient Killing Machine.  Or, if I put a lot of money into one of my builds, then EEKM.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Blackvegetable » 22 Jun 2022, 1:15 pm » wrote:

The rifle sold to civilians does not conform with a particular military doctrine. By the military's own definition the rifle sold to civilians is not an assault rifle.

Huey » 16 Jun 2022, 2:30 pm » wrote:
Blackvegetable » 16 Jun 2022, 2:24 pm » wrote:
Huey » 16 Jun 2022, 2:23 pm » wrote: You are absolutely correct there is only one design for the AR 15.  So only one of those lowers is for the AR 15.  Which one is the lower for an AR 15?  Or, if that question scares you then you can tell me what the other lower is for.
Then we are done here.

Apparently.  You can't tell me which lower is from the one design of the AR 15.  If you can't answer that you have no need to be in this discussion. 

Keep running.

You refuse to answer?

Game.  Set.  Match.

You answer honestly and guess what, 

Game.  Set.  Match.

You are boxed in by your own ****. 

@Nucleomituphobia  

The context being the Armalite Rifle 15 which became the Colt c601 and designated the M 16.  What else ya got.  

PS.  You never pointed out the lower. 

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 22 Jun 2022, 1:15 pm » wrote:

I gave you a greenie because that is the best post you have made today.  Better for you to stop. 

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 22 Jun 2022, 1:20 pm » wrote: I gave you a greenie because that is the best post you have made today.  Better for you to stop.
You've already ceded the point.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 22 Jun 2022, 1:17 pm » wrote:
The context being the Armalite Rifle 15 which became the Colt c601 and designated the M 16.  What else ya got.  

PS.  You never pointed out the lower.
It means what it says.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 22 Jun 2022, 3:13 pm » wrote:
Huey » 22 Jun 2022, 1:20 pm » wrote: I gave you a greenie because that is the best post you have made today.  Better for you to stop.
You've already ceded the point.

That's a lie.   :die:  

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 22 Jun 2022, 3:14 pm » wrote: That's a lie.   Image

You are absolutely correct there is only one design for the AR 15.  

Game. Set. Match.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 22 Jun 2022, 3:14 pm » wrote: It means what it says.
Yeah, it does in context.  That is why you never link that.  

Huey

Share      Unread post

You left out the link again.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 22 Jun 2022, 4:28 pm » wrote: Yeah, it does in context.  That is why you never link that.

not necessary.

Your other rule.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 22 Jun 2022, 4:41 pm » wrote: not necessary.

Your other rule.
I know it is not necessary NOW.  I already posted and linked it using my rule.

And you still haven’t answered the question from the post you cherry picked that from.  

Skans

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 22 Jun 2022, 12:34 pm » wrote: Which came first?

The purpose of the design, or the ATF definition?
Clearly, there were full-auto machine guns before there was ever any legislative definition.  Originally, there was no distinction between full-autos and semi-autos - they were all legal for any 18 year old to buy and own. Could buy Tommy Guns at the hardware store.

Some were more difficult to obtain, however.  Like the M1918 Browning BAR. I think those had to be special ordered because there wasn't much call for those. 

Huey

Share      Unread post

Skans » 22 Jun 2022, 6:00 pm » wrote: Clearly, there were full-auto machine guns before there was ever any legislative definition.  Originally, there was no distinction between full-autos and semi-autos - they were all legal for any 18 year old to buy and own. Could buy Tommy Guns at the hardware store.

Some were more difficult to obtain, however.  Like the M1918 Browning BAR. I think those had to be special ordered because there wasn't much call for those.
What needs to be understood  by many is between the ratification of the bill off rights until the NFA of 1934 there was no federal legislation of firearms.  

James Madison himself enacted policies that were designed to make it easier for the avg citizen to obtain the most advanced firearms of his time.  It could be argued the he wanted citizens to be able to own the same weapons as a national standing army.

@Blackvegetable  

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 22 Jun 2022, 6:31 pm » wrote: What needs to be understood  by many is between the ratification of the bill off rights until the NFA of 1934 there was no federal legislation of firearms.  

James Madison himself enacted policies that were designed to make it easier for the avg citizen to obtain the most advanced firearms of his time.  It could be argued the he wanted citizens to be able to own the same weapons as a national standing army.

@Blackvegetable
Must I behold your wanking?

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Skans » 22 Jun 2022, 6:00 pm » wrote: Clearly, there were full-auto machine guns before there was ever any legislative definition.  Originally, there was no distinction between full-autos and semi-autos - they were all legal for any 18 year old to buy and own. Could buy Tommy Guns at the hardware store.

It's not about the "legislative definition".

F'n A.

Skans

Share      Unread post

Huey » 22 Jun 2022, 6:31 pm » wrote: What needs to be understood  by many is between the ratification of the bill off rights until the NFA of 1934 there was no federal legislation of firearms.  

@Blackvegetable
Both of these points are correct.

Skans

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 22 Jun 2022, 7:33 pm » wrote: It's not about the "legislative definition".

F'n A.
Legislative definitions are really the only thing that has any meaning.  I've argued many times with gun-people that the terms: Assault Rifle, Sturmgewehr, and Storm Gun are all nonsense terms. Another nonsense term is "sporting purposes".  The Nazis and the Democrats are masters at making up emotional names for machinery.

Squatchman

Share      Unread post

Skans » 22 Jun 2022, 1:16 pm » wrote:

I think I'm going to rename my AR's , (which just means "Armalite") to "CEKM" - Cheap Efficient Killing Machine.  Or, if I put a lot of money into one of my builds, then EEKM.
  I call mine The War Machine. 
Took it for a spin Sunday. 

Skans

Share      Unread post

Squatchman » 22 Jun 2022, 11:45 pm » wrote:   I call mine The War Machine. 
Took it for a spin Sunday.
War Machine - I like it.  Better than "Storm Gun" - It's amazing to me that this term ever made it as a translation into English, let alone still be in use as much as it is, today.