This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
B.See

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,687
Politics: Liberal

Y'know, I don't have anything against cops, generally speaking. Fact is (like I've written before) I know cops, have or have had friends and family members on the force.  And as such I've been privy to some rather off the record tableside tales.

I know they are needed to rein in the criminal element, to protect and serve, to establish a relative sense of safety and order, and I believe most of them are trying to do JUST THAT as best they can.

However, that being said, I believe that cops often have the option to respond to situations in a number of ways, some more lethal and some LESS so.  I believe HOW they respond has TOO OFTEN been determined not so much by the situation at hand, but by WHO is involved.  And numerous studies by groups and individuals far more knowledgeable than I on the subject have concluded LIKEWISE.

When cops (more often than not) show restraint for some but not for others, there develops within the community a perception of disparity in law enforcement.  Furthermore, when cops treat certain members of the community in a disparate fashion, when they over react by using lethal force where none was needed,

when they seek to cover it up, lie about what happened, demean the victim, and employ a code of silence between them, their supervisors, and their union in defense of MISCONDUCT,  they do a DISSERVICE to the badge they wear, the oath they've sworn, and the community they're supposed to "protect and serve."

In this thread I'll be posting about questionable actions on the part of law enforcement. And hopefully some inspiring moments as well.

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,789
Politics: Fascist

B.See » 06 Apr 2022, 9:33 am » wrote:

I know they are needed to rein in the criminal element, to protect and serve, to establish a relative sense of safety and order, and I believe most of them are trying to do JUST THAT as best they can.


 
But they fail miserably.

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,789
Politics: Fascist

maybe instead of trying to focus on whether you personally should like cops or not you should instead think about how many US cities are literally more dangerous than a war zone and it is only getting worse.

maybe your 'feelings' about cops isnt going to do anything about that.
 

User avatar
impartialobserver

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,202
Politics: Independent

I am in line with the OP in that I find cops to be good people in most cases and most do their job as best as they can. As to if they fail or not.. that is a matter of opinion. No surefire way to measure their performance.

User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,789
Politics: Fascist

impartialobserver » 06 Apr 2022, 9:42 am » wrote: I am in line with the OP in that I find cops to be good people in most cases and most do their job as best as they can. As to if they fail or not.. that is a matter of opinion. No surefire way to measure their performance.

well what is the crime rate? compared to other countries? how does the US compare to say...japan

User avatar
B.See

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,687
Politics: Liberal


User avatar
FOS

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 17,789
Politics: Fascist

B.See » 06 Apr 2022, 9:49 am » wrote: Like with other topics, I have loads of stories on this one, but I'll not be reaching way back to post them (unless connected to or relevant to a more recent one).  Here are some of them:

Cops Shoot Black 'Hero' Who Disarmed Gunman During Restaurant Fight | BIN: Black Information Network

Video: White patron charges toward Black hotel clerk; police arrest clerk - TheGrio

Indiana cop squeezed wrongly detained suspect's testicles as a method of 'pain compliance': report - Raw Story 

New bodycam video shows Chicago cop slugging social justice activist in the face - Raw Story 

New Audio Shows Florida Officer Threatened Black Man Before Choking Cop Who Intervened | HuffPost Latest News

Kenosha Police Officer Uses Illegal Chokehold on 12-Year-Old

Cop Fires Stun Gun at Black DoorDash Driver Who Began Recording

Arizona legislators approve ban on filming police | Boing Boing


Meanwhile, even his DOG was trying to get this cop to CHILL:

Moment K9 bites his HANDLER as the officer hurls young man to the ground during Spring Break  | Daily Mail Online

AND, how often have you heard of cops killing drivers trying to back out or drive off, claiming they "feared for their life."  But apparently NO "fear for their lives" here. I wonder why??

Shock moment seven cops injured as wanted woman, 25, smashes into eight police cars while trying to flee

Watch: Fleeing Suspect Rams Hummer Into Police Vehicle To Escape Arrest - YouTube

lol so you are trying to just be a news aggregator?

User avatar
slideman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,481
Politics: Progressive

**** the cops lie their asses off in court daily.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/18/nyre ... -york.html

The Police Lie. All the Time. Can Anything Stop Them?
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... lying.html

User avatar
slideman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,481
Politics: Progressive

You will note in virtually every case of police brutality that has been brought recently the cops have attempted to lie about what happened.
The cops lie all the time

User avatar
slideman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,481
Politics: Progressive

The Lies Cops Tell and the Lies We Tell About Cops
The deception isn’t just a matter of language. It’s baked into the institution.

https://newrepublic.com/article/162510/ ... the-police

User avatar
Skans

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,673
Politics: Republican

B.See » 06 Apr 2022, 9:33 am » wrote: Y'know, I don't have anything against cops, generally speaking. Fact is (like I've written before) I know cops, have or have had friends and family members on the force.
LMFAO! 

Y'know, I don't have anything against ***, generally speaking. Fact is (like I've written before) I know ***, have or have had friends and family members who are ***....  However, that being said, ....

Y'know, I don't have anything against ******, generally speaking. Fact is (like I've written before) I know ******, have or have had friends and family members who are ******....  However, that being said, ....

Y'know, I don't have anything against ******, generally speaking. Fact is (like I've written before) I know ******, have or have had friends and family members who are ******....  However, that being said, ....

Typical Liberal-Speak!
 
 

User avatar
slideman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,481
Politics: Progressive

Skans » 06 Apr 2022, 11:20 am » wrote: LMFAO! 

Y'know, I don't have anything against ***, generally speaking. Fact is (like I've written before) I know ***, have or have had friends and family members who are ***....  However, that being said, ....

Y'know, I don't have anything against ******, generally speaking. Fact is (like I've written before) I know ******, have or have had friends and family members who are ******....  However, that being said, ....

Y'know, I don't have anything against ******, generally speaking. Fact is (like I've written before) I know ******, have or have had friends and family members who are ******....  However, that being said, ....

Typical Liberal-Speak!
 
Your racism anti-semitism and fear of gay people shines through doesn't it.

User avatar
slideman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,481
Politics: Progressive

Police Perjury – “Testilying” – Perpetuates Institutional Racism, Violence, and Corruption

https://www.chicagoappleseed.org/2020/11/09/testilying/

User avatar
slideman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,481
Politics: Progressive

When Police Lie, the Innocent Pay. Some Are Fighting Back.

Video from body cameras, doorbells and cellphones is revealing discrepancies between what police officers report and what actually happened.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/28/us/f ... ments.html

User avatar
Skans

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,673
Politics: Republican

slideman » 06 Apr 2022, 11:23 am » wrote: Your racism anti-semitism and fear of gay people shines through doesn't it.
I am none of the above. What I have done is effectively point out how Liberals laughingly use these same words and phrases in trying to make others think they are "OK" with a group of people right before they go off on them telling you why they hate 'em.

User avatar
slideman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,481
Politics: Progressive

Skans » 06 Apr 2022, 11:31 am » wrote: I am none of the above. What I have done is effectively point out how Liberals laughingly use these same words and phrases in trying to make others think they are "OK" with a group of people right before they go off on them telling you why they hate 'em.
By using those words you demonstrate you are racist anti-semitic and afraid of gay people.
Liberals do not use those words.

User avatar
slideman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,481
Politics: Progressive

Why the Prevalence of Lying by Police is a Problem for the Innocent

https://innocenceproject.org/prevalence-police-lying/

User avatar
Skans

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,673
Politics: Republican

slideman » 06 Apr 2022, 11:34 am » wrote: By using those words you demonstrate you are racist anti-semitic and afraid of gay people.
Liberals do not use those words.
The words existed long before I did.  I demonstrated nothing that you claim.  What I did demonstrate is how Liberals like to use a set of phrases to backhandedly commit bigotry toward groups of people who they really don't like.  All I did was substitute names for different groups of people.

User avatar
slideman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,481
Politics: Progressive

Skans » 06 Apr 2022, 11:43 am » wrote: The words existed long before I did.  I demonstrated nothing that you claim.  What I did demonstrate is how Liberals like to use a set of phrases to backhandedly commit bigotry toward groups of people who they really don't like.  All I did was substitute names for different groups of people.
By using that language you demonstrated you are racist anti-semitic and afraid of gay people.
Own it

User avatar
slideman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,481
Politics: Progressive

Fighting Police Abuse: A Community Action Manual

https://www.aclu.org/other/fighting-pol ... ion-manual

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, ConsRule, crimsongulf, DeplorablePatriot, dickens, GHETTO BLASTER, Goodgrief, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Ike Bana, Independent, jefftec, Jinn Martini, kcres, KurtWild, Monderegal, murdock, nefarious101, NEILCAR, Neo, PaperLi [Bot], roadkill, SJConspirator, supraTruth4, Twitter [Bot], walkingstick, Warcok, Wayback Machine [Bot], Xavier_Onassis, Zeets2 and 1 guest