This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

IS AMERICA A CHRISTIAN NATION?

Poll ended at 08 May 2022, 2:36 pm

Yes, it is (please make an argument for your choice)
42%
No, it isn't (please make an argument for your choice)
37%
It was, but is no more (please make an argument for your choice)
21%

Total votes: 19

roadkill

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Cannonpointer » 28 Apr 2022, 2:36 pm » wrote: This is an argument I have seen rage - I would like to see why people do or do not believe that America is (or used to be) a Christian nation.

Oh - almost forgot to mention: Please make an argument for your choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyucu2XkptY

roadkill

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 30 Apr 2022, 3:22 pm » wrote: Huh.

I'd have sworn the clarity I provided would be sufficient.  You keep switching the topic. 

The issue was whether accepting gay marriage is more Christian, or more unChristian - yet somehow, you appear to think it relevant that six fat people and some wannabe social influencers have launched a silly movement to shame those who don't wanna date fat chicks (or, "non-***"). That silliness has NOTHING TO DO with Christianity, and is not trying to change church doctrines.

I guess I MIGHT assist you by bringing you back to the original question - sort of "reeling you in," so to speak.

Do you suppose America would be a more Christian nation, or a less Christian nation, if it refused to recognize gay marriage? Or is it your position that the bible takes no stand on homosexuality - or none that you are competent to understand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12FQ-Y1bhDY

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Thanks for the jewish perspective. 

Crazy question for ya out of left field.

Do you think America would be more Christian, or less Christian, if we got rid of gay marriage and outlawed sodomy again?

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Why do the [[[GAY PRIDE PEOPLE]]] act so ashamed when they are called SODOMITES...?

roadkill

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 10 May 2022, 6:07 pm » wrote: Thanks for the jewish perspective. 

Crazy question for ya out of left field.

Do you think America would be more Christian, or less Christian, if we got rid of gay marriage and outlawed sodomy again?

I don't know...but the Bible says judge not lest ye be judged...and let those without sin cast the first stone.

But I don't support the gay lifestyle or any of it. Nor do I go into the street and smear or attack people because of their lifestyle. I wish they would do the same thing, then society would be a more peaceful place.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
roadkill » 10 May 2022, 6:33 pm » wrote: I don't know...but the Bible says judge not lest ye be judged...and let those without sin cast the first stone.

But I don't support the gay lifestyle or any of it. Nor do I go into the street and smear or attack people because of their lifestyle. I wish they would do the same thing, then society would be a more peaceful place.
So you have zero clue whether the supreme court legalizing sodomy was a pro-Christian or anti-Christian move. 

How about kid ****? If the supreme court legalizes that, do you have any notion whether that would make us a more Christian or less Christian nation? Any thoughts on that "lifestyle" at all?

roadkill

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 10 May 2022, 7:26 pm » wrote: So you have zero clue whether the supreme court legalizing sodomy was a pro-Christian or anti-Christian move. 

How about kid ****? If the supreme court legalizes that, do you have any notion whether that would make us a more Christian or less Christian nation? Any thoughts on that "lifestyle" at all?
I already said I don't support any of that.  If people want to pork each other than keep it at home and don't march it down main street...and let God judge them.

Any kid **** should go straight to prison and do not pass GO.

If the SC legalize sodomy or kid **** it would not be the Christian thing to do.  

What else do you want me to say?

P.S.  I'm off to bed.  Catch you tomorrow.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
roadkill » 10 May 2022, 7:34 pm » wrote: I already said I don't support any of that.  If people want to pork each other than keep it at home and don't march it down main street...and let God judge them.

Any kid **** should go straight to prison and do not pass GO.

If the SC legalize sodomy or kid **** it would not be the Christian thing to do.  

What else do you want me to say?

P.S.  I'm off to bed.  Catch you tomorrow.
I want you to sort out - all by yourself - whether America is a more Christian or less Christian nation condoning ***.

You know - the OP question that seems to have you spinning in circles for some reason. 

It ain't one of those deep-***, hard to figger questions, from where I'm sittin. 

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out

roadkill

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 10 May 2022, 8:49 pm » wrote: I want you to sort out - all by yourself - whether America is a more Christian or less Christian nation condoning ***.

You know - the OP question that seems to have you spinning in circles for some reason. 

It ain't one of those deep-***, hard to figger questions, from where I'm sittin.

I believe America is mostly Christian. I also believe that our leaders don't always make decisions that are correct as many of them have their own end game.

Now give me yer analysis.  No spinning.  :)

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
roadkill » 11 May 2022, 4:46 am » wrote: I believe America is mostly Christian. I also believe that our leaders don't always make decisions that are correct as many of them have their own end game.

Now give me yer analysis.  No spinning.  Image
No SPINNING????

***, it took me how many pages to half way cudgel a half assed answer out of you to the OP question? And you are STILL evading - STILL not giving a straight answer - STILL spinning.

Crazy question - completely out of left field:

If America outlawed gay marriage and tranny culture, would that make us a MORE Christian nation, or a LESS Christian nation, in your opinion?

@Skans - any thoughts?

roadkill

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 11 May 2022, 10:47 am » wrote: No SPINNING????

***, it took me how many pages to half way cudgel a half assed answer out of you to the OP question? And you are STILL evading - STILL not giving a straight answer - STILL spinning..

Crazy question - completely out of left field:

If America outlawed gay marriage and tranny culture, would that make us a MORE Christian nation, or a LESS Christian nation, in your opinion?

The Christian count would stay the same...AND our country would improve.

Sorry Boss...but I don't always agree with you.  I know that pisses you off.   :)

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
roadkill » 11 May 2022, 10:49 am » wrote: The Christian count would stay the same...AND our country would improve.

Sorry Boss...but I don't always agree with you.  I know that pisses you off.   Image
You have neither agreed nor disagreed. You have engaged in a spinning class. 

The OP doesn't request a **** head count. It relies on a QUALIFICATION, not a quantification. If I wanted you to play count the Christians, I'd have formulated the OP question accordingly. 

I cannot imagne a simpler question. You have two potential Americas: One that allows *** under the law and one that punishes *** under the law - or, the America of 30 years ago.

Which of those potential/actual Americas is more a Christian nation than the other?

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Rock » 28 Apr 2022, 2:56 pm » wrote: https://news.gallup.com/poll/358364/rel ... icans.aspx

According to Gallup 69% of Americans identify as Christian.

Whenever or wherever I go to mass it is usually crowded.
And each of those crowded masses are run by a baby raping ring - so there's that.

roadkill

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer » 11 May 2022, 10:52 am » wrote: You have neither agreed nor disagreed. You have engaged in a spinning class. 

The OP doesn't request a **** head count. It relies on a QUALIFICATION, not a quantification. If I wanted you to play count the Christians, I'd have formulated the OP question accordingly. 

I cannot imagne a simpler question. You have two potential Americas: One that allows *** under the law and one that punishes *** under the law - or, the America of 30 years ago.

Which of those potential/actual Americas is more a Christian nation than the other?

I said what I had to say...so stop riding herd on me.

Have a nice day.

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

How could anyone outlaw same sex marriage when there are already millions of married same sex couples?
Does Congress have the power to divorce millions of married people against their will?

I tend to think, no.

omh

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 11 May 2022, 11:03 am » wrote: How could anyone outlaw same sex marriage when there are already millions of married same sex couples?
Does Congress have the power to divorce millions of married people against their will?

I tend to think, no.
You tend to think whatever is popular to the moment/each generation is all that matters. Freedom to believe real isn't real and reality is all everyone has to pay to belong in is natural selection.

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

omh » 11 May 2022, 11:06 am » wrote: You tend to think whatever is popular to the moment/each generation is all that matters. Freedom to believe real isn't real and reality is all everyone has to pay to belong in is natural selection.
Four words of this are correct. The rest is your usual blather.

I tend to think.

There are millions of same sex people in this country. That is reality, it is not my opinion, they are married and that is a fact,

omh

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 11 May 2022, 11:13 am » wrote: Four words of this are correct. The rest is your usual blather.

I tend to think.

There are millions of same sex people in this country. That is reality, it is not my opinion, they are married and that is a fact,
separation of principles and principals directing social behavior cradle to grave. Principles are universal constants regardless which ancestors or ancestries currently occupying space here.

Evolving at the same time sharing same event horizons marking stages of development conceived to decomposed corpse. common point of origin when mutually evolving is now same point of death arriving here.

Whole population of a species since inception to extinction arrived. your mind said my brain didn't understand exponential total sums in kinetic compounding DNA displacement situation present.

the whole is equal to total sum of all its parts past and currently evolving. need I do the DNA algorithm again? spans 200 year cycle of original inception where each great great grandchild becoming 1 of 16 great great grandparents or not. everything is limited to evolving here now regardless universal position as displaced.

thermodynamics is series parallel evolution with energy that cannot be created or destroyed while only changing forms shaped ancestrally present in this atmosphere as inorganic are the universe outside it.

Get real Xavier, your days of pretending nobody knew are over.

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Pseudo scientific drivel of zero value or interest to anyone.
Your posts are pitiful.