This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

ROFL
johndnorth » 12 May 2022, 12:22 pm » wrote: Inflation is a monetary problem. The fed kept interest rates low for too long. Economists were calling for interest rates hikes during the end of Trumps term. The pumping of money into the system only helped the rich buy more equities. The rich made lots of money and bailed out months ago. Powell is an ***. He told investors that interest rates would go up a point and then only raised 1/2 point. Next meeting Powell needs to go up AT LEAST 1 point. Get ready for layoffs and a recession.
Everything you thought you knew.. is about to be turned upside down on its arss. ;)  

impartialobserver

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

An interest rate hike for the federal reserve is going to take about 3 months to show in society. If a recession comes about, you will see it in the 2022q3 gdp data.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

impartialobserver » 12 May 2022, 12:50 pm » wrote: An interest rate hike for the federal reserve is going to take about 3 months to show in society. If a recession comes about, you will see it in the 2022q3 gdp data.
Actually my wife, who is a retired real estate paralegal doing closings and works one day a week is already seeing the interest rate hikes.

DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

What is happening is gambling. The house is corrupt and usually wins. And I don't gamble, much.
I gamble with real estate speculation. Land and homes. And I've never lost money. Won small, won big, short term and long term.

peepee

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 12 May 2022, 11:57 am » wrote: There's forces movin this crap we cant even begin to understand. Image
:rofl:  

...((((((CERTAINLY)))))) you republicrat-level @ssholes who don't understand the nature and hideous origin of even one dollar will never honestly understand 'the illion dollar economy', orange :o  mouther...  ;)  

...remember, dollars are virtually one half of every economic transaction...so you gd fool  :o   monetary ignoramuses have a gaping black hole in your 'under$tanding'...word..  ;)    

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
peepee » 13 May 2022, 6:21 am » wrote: Image  

...((((((CERTAINLY)))))) you republicrat-level @ssholes who don't understand the nature and hideous origin of even one dollar will never honestly understand 'the illion dollar economy', orange Image  mouther...  Image  

...remember, dollars are virtually one half of every economic transaction...so you gd fool  Image   monetary ignoramuses have a gaping black hole in your 'under$tanding'...word..  Image
Ah Its Pee Pee the Magniciant.
You blue sucking-closet tucker watching -Money fool.
Did you hear  our Shaky Susie was attacked with chalk?  :lol:   :lol:  

freeman

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

DeplorablePatriot » 12 May 2022, 6:49 pm » wrote: What is happening is gambling. The house is corrupt and usually wins. And I don't gamble, much.
I gamble with real estate speculation. Land and homes. And I've never lost money. Won small, won big, short term and long term.
That works pretty well, particularly if no debt is involved, until it doesn't. Real estate investors in the late 80s and early 90s learned just how illiquid real estate can become. Particularly the levered out spec builders. Perhaps today Black Rock and other large speculators have put a floor under the market while locking young families out of the real estate market to render them renters.
Black Rock partnering with the World Economic Forum (WEF). Klaus Schwab beginning to make good on his: "You will own nothing and you will be happy!"

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
freeman » 13 May 2022, 8:39 am » wrote: That works pretty well, particularly if no debt is involved, until it doesn't. Real estate investors in the late 80s and early 90s learned just how illiquid real estate can become. Particularly the levered out spec builders. Perhaps today Black Rock and other large speculators have put a floor under the market while locking young families out of the real estate market to render them renters.
Black Rock partnering with the World Economic Forum (WEF). Klaus Schwab beginning to make good on his: "You will own nothing and you will be happy!"
Our other house is in this other town on a small lake... This woke leftwing organization came a long. Called Libra. The woman who left them the money was filthy rich. 
They bought up all the homes in town. The locals sold out.. They then proceeded to change the town into this plastic-ville tourist place. Of course that didn't work. too small.. Kind of sad!!! 

They tore the homes a part and made everything over with white siding. And plastic decks..
Looked like my model HO railroad set. :lol:   :lol:  
Of course when out of state people pass thru.. They're not impressed.. nor do they stop. Because they probably come from better looking neighborhoods themselves.. ya know.

freeman

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 12 May 2022, 12:34 pm » wrote: Everything you thought you knew.. is about to be turned upside down on its arss. Image
No shortage of fear suggests a rally may overdue - little doubt initially driven by shorts getting killed:
https://edition.cnn.com/markets/fear-and-greed

Skans

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

walkingstick » 04 May 2022, 11:49 am » wrote: look no further than the usa politicians. look at congresses tool to fix stock prices. the tool is 'SANCTIONS' . congress members buy a stock, leak a sanction, sell at a massive profit. or. sell short a stock, leak a sanction, then cover the short. /// of course members of congress have to share their profits with the rich bankers who sponsor them. ///  gone are the days when congress was a body to represent the people. /// in november who will vote for to get filthy rich?
Let me know what you are selling so I can buy it.

DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

peepee » 13 May 2022, 6:21 am » wrote: Image  

...((((((CERTAINLY)))))) you republicrat-level @ssholes who don't understand the nature and hideous origin of even one dollar will never honestly understand 'the illion dollar economy', orange Image  mouther...  Image  

...remember, dollars are virtually one half of every economic transaction...so you gd fool  Image   monetary ignoramuses have a gaping black hole in your 'under$tanding'...word..  Image

Shut the **** up, already.

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

johndnorth » 12 May 2022, 11:23 am » wrote: It is the retail investors who are getting killed. The big shots got out months ago. "BUY THE DIP" hahahahaaaa. Only mom and pop do stupid **** like buy the dip. The markets will not return until the interest rates move higher than the inflation rate. Cramer the jackass says BUY BUY BUY.
Cramer is of course a jackass. Still, there are numerous ETFs and stocks which will rise in price as a result of the current situation.
The big shots did not get out months ago. Warren Buffett is still close to fully invested.

DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

freeman » 13 May 2022, 8:39 am » wrote: That works pretty well, particularly if no debt is involved, until it doesn't. Real estate investors in the late 80s and early 90s learned just how illiquid real estate can become. Particularly the levered out spec builders. Perhaps today Black Rock and other large speculators have put a floor under the market while locking young families out of the real estate market to render them renters.

I had a small owner finance debt on my very first land acquisition...$14K for five acres. Paid it off, short platted into four, sold it years later for a moderate profit. 
Large speculators may lock young families out of the homeowner market, but note the widespread and enormous escalation of home prices brought to otherwise reasonably priced real estate such as Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota, as well as many other areas of the country.

This is the sole fault of the **** democrats from areas such as S. CA, making their environments intolerable, selling shacks for big $, and escaping to sanity, buying up all the sanity, inflating the sanity to insanity, and pushing young locals out of the market. They then repeat their braindead political ideologies and turn their new environment into the same cesspool from which they escaped. 

This **** is widespread. Democrats are vermin.  :evil:  

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

DeplorablePatriot » 13 May 2022, 10:31 am » wrote: I had a small owner finance debt on my very first land acquisition...$14K for five acres. Paid it off, short platted into four, sold it years later for a moderate profit. 
Large speculators may lock young families out of the homeowner market, but note the widespread and enormous escalation of home prices brought to otherwise reasonably priced real estate such as Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota, as well as many other areas of the country.

This is the sole fault of the **** democrats from areas such as S. CA, making their environments intolerable, selling shacks for big $, and escaping to sanity, buying up all the sanity, inflating the sanity to insanity, and pushing young locals out of the market. They then repeat their braindead political ideologies and turn their new environment into the same cesspool from which they escaped. 

This **** is widespread. Democrats are vermin.  Image
When older people retire and no longer require a large home, and realize that in other parts of the country they can have access to all they enjoyed about city life because of the Internet and Amazon, they sell their homes for a large and untaxable profit and move. They do not do this because they are Democrats, Republicans or of any other political bent. They do it because it makes sense for them to do so.
Southern California is far from intolerable, you must never have visited there.

If you think they are selling their homes due to political motivation, you are well and truly an idiot.

freeman

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 13 May 2022, 10:43 am » wrote:  they sell their homes for a large and untaxable profit and move.

500k exemption limit for married filing jointly.

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

freeman » 13 May 2022, 1:23 pm » wrote: 500k exemption limit for married filing jointly.
I would call no taxes on a half million dollars in profit a very generous incentive.

freeman

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 13 May 2022, 1:41 pm » wrote: I would call no taxes on a half million dollars in profit a very generous incentive.
But what you DID call it was "untaxable profit". I just pointed out your BS.
Additionally, I wouldn't characterize anything about the government confiscating less of what they are otherwise stealing from me as their being "generous". It's my gain not theirs.

Last edited by freeman on 14 May 2022, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

omh

Share      Unread post

Skans » 04 May 2022, 2:07 pm » wrote: If you can't stand rich people, then go beg Jinn for some money. Nothing is more tiresome than someone with nothing ******* about those who are successful.  Of course, career politicians don't count.  Any rich career politician is a corrupt politician.

what does a person with a wealth of understanding have, rich people never discover on their own? How basic life works in plain sight without organized doubt and orchestrated social chaos to sustain mob mentalities globally present in one species.

DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 13 May 2022, 10:43 am » wrote: When older people retire and no longer require a large home, and realize that in other parts of the country they can have access to all they enjoyed about city life because of the Internet and Amazon, they sell their homes for a large and untaxable profit and move. They do not do this because they are Democrats, Republicans or of any other political bent. They do it because it makes sense for them to do so.
Southern California is far from intolerable, you must never have visited there.

If you think they are selling their homes due to political motivation, you are well and truly an idiot.
It's not political motivation, slow one, it's the result of their political ideologies which have created increased crime, leniency toward chimpouts, illegal slime which ICE is left out of the loop on, sanctuary for illegal slime who end up killing legal citizens, hatred for law enforcement, vagrants and homeless allowed to deface, litter, take illicit drugs and defecate on public property without fear of being jailed...etc. The list continues. But I don't have the time for that litany, especially for uneducated and head-in-the-sand puppets as yourself.
I know California more than you ever will.  Go to Montana and ask the residents in Bozeman exactly which political party is destroying their city. Do it, be embarrassed, then shut the **** up.

NEILCAR

Share      Unread post

The Market has never anticipated a President who would do everything wrong ...

brandon is the problem ...