This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Will the US eventually put foots on the ground against Russia?

Yes
5
26%
No
11
58%
Don't know
3
16%
 
Total votes: 19

User avatar
SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,810
Politics: Green

Vegas » 10 May 2022, 8:56 pm » wrote: Different context. Putin's motives are completely different than what the cold war was about. He appears to have an all or nothing point of view. I can see him being crazy enough to use nukes. The Soviet Union leadership wasn't that crazy. I think Putin is unpredictable. That makes him dangerous. If he uses nukes, then we will also, but not before we try to stop him through military operations.
well let’s make a prediction.  You say US troops will occupy Russia in 3 months.  I say they won’t.  We will revisit the issue in the future and see who was correct

assuming there is a future, if you are right, there won’t be

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 10,996
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
SJConspirator » 10 May 2022, 8:52 pm » wrote: At the height of the Cold War (1965 to 1975) there was a massive arms buildup in the USSR and in the USA.  There was underground bunkers built to withstand nuclear blast and survive radioactive fallout.  There were missile silos built to deliver ICBMs.  There was Hollywood movies produced in the 1980s that were based on the theoretical nuclear war that would destroy all of us, like War Games and Hunt for Red October.

there was a concept called Mutually Assured Destruction, MAD.  The acronym works on two levels, because aggression = suicide, it would be madness.  This stopped the US from attacking Russia directly then, and vice versa, and it stops us now.  This is all well known history.  So no offense, but the question is a bit stupid.. the answer is an obvious no.

EDIT:  the whole premise of the movie Red Dawn was absolutely ridiculous, for the reasons I have stated.  I can’t believe that movie was ever made or shown to audiences
I am seeing an alarming number of articles implying a nuclear war would be a manageable inconvenience for most. I remember well hiding under my desk in the 80s knowing then it was so much security theater. That those near the epicenter of a nuclear blast, which I certainly would have been being 5 miles from NORAD, would be the fortunate ones. 
 

User avatar
SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,810
Politics: Green

Neo » 10 May 2022, 9:01 pm » wrote: I am seeing an alarming number of articles implying a nuclear war would be a manageable inconvenience for most. I remember well hiding under my desk in the 80s knowing then it was so much security theater. That those near the epicenter of a nuclear blast, which I certainly would have been being 5 miles from NORAD, would be the fortunate ones.


unbelievable that people think nuclear war would be no big deal now.  It’s literal Armageddon, as was shown in the low budget film “the day after”

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 10,996
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
SJConspirator » 10 May 2022, 9:12 pm » wrote: unbelievable that people think nuclear war would be no big deal now.  It’s literal Armageddon, as was shown in the low budget film “the day after”
I literally read an article that talked about the importance of bathing your pets within one hour of a nearby nuclear blast. I have never seen disinformation at this level, it's almost like they don't want the public to know the precipice we are on. 
 
That movie scared the hell out of me. 

User avatar
walkingstick

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 237

no. why? biden has pushed russia into 'a no way out nuclear war'. russia getting ready. biden is not. usa will have no troops to put on russia ground.

User avatar
walkingstick

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 237

soon russia will respond to biden flooding europe with nuclear weapons. usa, ,germany and japan will be wiped out. none of the people in these nations are ready. and will be burnt alive.

User avatar
one1zer0

Share      Unread post

User avatar
 
 
Posts: 22
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Location: Earth
Contact:

The U.S. isn't going to do ****. Due to vax injury and discharges, the military is not in good shape. The billions in military hardware left behind by Brandon, the energy independence has been **** by the Brandon admin. and aside from all that if the U.S. goes to war with Russia nukes will fly and we will be all ****. I don't know why most people don't understand that even if the U.S. military had its **** together, they wouldn't be able to roll over Russia in 3 months. Does anyone in here understand that hypersonic missiles equipped with nuke heads will **** **** up? If the U.S. gets involved directly, nobody will have to worry about who will win because we will all loose. How is that hard to understand?
 

User avatar
walkingstick

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 237

japan just announced, they are air lifting weapons into ukraine to kill russians. WOW! how should russia respond?

User avatar
Squatchman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,086

walkingstick » 11 May 2022, 2:15 am » wrote: japan just announced, they are air lifting weapons into ukraine to kill russians.
  That's excellent!
The more dead Russians the better.

 

User avatar
Squatchman

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,086

walkingstick » 11 May 2022, 1:54 am » wrote: soon russia will respond to biden flooding europe with nuclear weapons. usa, ,germany and japan will be wiped out. none of the people in these nations are ready. and will be burnt alive.
  Better stay in your bunker a little longer,Mary.
 

User avatar
Monderegal

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 231
Politics: Globalist
Location: Turtle Bay

SJConspirator » 10 May 2022, 8:52 pm » wrote: At the height of the Cold War (1965 to 1975) there was a massive arms buildup in the USSR and in the USA.  There was underground bunkers built to withstand nuclear blast and survive radioactive fallout.  There were missile silos built to deliver ICBMs.  There was Hollywood movies produced in the 1980s that were based on the theoretical nuclear war that would destroy all of us, like War Games and Hunt for Red October.

there was a concept called Mutually Assured Destruction, MAD.  The acronym works on two levels, because aggression = suicide, it would be madness.  This stopped the US from attacking Russia directly then, and vice versa, and it stops us now.  This is all well known history.  So no offense, but the question is a bit stupid.. the answer is an obvious no.

EDIT:  the whole premise of the movie Red Dawn was absolutely ridiculous, for the reasons I have stated.  I can’t believe that movie was ever made or shown to audiences
The new question is China. Now instead of the paradigms of the two nuclear foes, there will be three. China, Russia, and the United States have to create some sort of triangle when it comes to nuclear weapons policy. That does tend to make things much more complicated. China isn't slowing down its nuclear program either. Foreign Affairs article here

User avatar
walkingstick

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 237

both india and china pointing their nukes at usa. usa people think they are unbeatable. biden well go down in history as the one who caused the first world wide nuclear war. aren't humans stupid?

User avatar
Skans

Share      Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,393
Politics: Republican

Vegas » 08 May 2022, 1:09 pm » wrote: I say yes. Sooner than we think. The American government has always had a thirst for war. Not only war but occupation. If we go to war with Russia, I am certain that we won't just leave if we win. We will occupy Ukraine for years to come. This will happen sooner than later. The midterms are coming up and the dims know they are going to get slaughtered. So, what better way to deflect from their incompetence than by going to war? The left will love it. The government will make up some **** as to how our national safety is at risk unless we fight Russia and help Ukraine...or some other made-up **** that the left will swallow.
I don't want boots on the ground in Ukraine until we clear all of the Democrat-Socialists out of control of Congress and the Presidency.  Then, its time to carve up Russia.  I'm lobbying for the US to take over a large area of far-eastern Russia. It's a moral duty according to our Manifest Destiny. 
 

User avatar
Taipan

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,562
Politics: Libertarian

Cannonpointer » 10 May 2022, 7:27 pm » wrote: There isn't any debate. You don't bring facts OR arguments. You bring hollow-ringing texas *** talk and retarded claims that a standard issue fox noise *** is a libertarian. . 
 
 A pro-war, pro-wall street libertarian - or phony ***, as it's called among men. Image

You are a goddamn liar, Sir.
How many times have you put the 'Ronjul' on me & shut down the debate
because I was beating yo lame *** like a rented mule??            Several.   
What a **** punk thing to do !!
 

And about that Ukraine War ?
I made you look about 1" tall because you backed a murdering Communist Dictator.
You blushed in shame !!          And you are still ashamed of yourself.    That is where
your anger is coming from.      And I really don't care.      It's your problem, not mine.
Because I won that debate, I am putting another notch......into "the old gun-belt".

Have a nice day................(Loser)......................
  :clap:  

User avatar
nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,628
Politics: Independent

Taipan » 08 May 2022, 1:26 pm » wrote: No.
NATO.
This game is in their backyard.
They are strong & highly intelligent.
They can handle the problem.

With a little help........from their 'Big Brother'........across the pond.
Hey! Tai Dog! Where ya been old buddy? I flagged you several times on the other NHB the last few weeks, but it looks like you vacated there.
@Taipan  

 

User avatar
Taipan

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,562
Politics: Libertarian

nuckinfutz » 11 May 2022, 10:48 am » wrote: Hey! Tai Dog! Where ya been old buddy? I flagged you several times on the other NHB the last few weeks, but it looks like you vacated there.
@Taipan  
 
Playing cards.
I am a "rambler & a gambler".   
I float in & out.
I can't hang around you stumble-bums all night.            LOL..........
:)  
How is your weather?     I heard N. Cali caught cool spell.


https://youtu.be/JVIovQTzfwc

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Giant Slayer
Posts: 14,993
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Skans » 11 May 2022, 10:41 am » wrote: I don't want boots on the ground in Ukraine until we clear all of the Democrat-Socialists out of control of Congress and the Presidency.  Then, its time to carve up Russia.  I'm lobbying for the US to take over a large area of far-eastern Russia. It's a moral duty according to our Manifest Destiny.

Like I said, the dims know that they are going to get crushed in midterms. Any major plans they have, they will be doing it before midterms before the repubs get in there.

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Giant Slayer
Posts: 14,993
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

SJConspirator » 10 May 2022, 8:58 pm » wrote: well let’s make a prediction.  You say US troops will occupy Russia in 3 months.  I say they won’t.  We will revisit the issue in the future and see who was correct

assuming there is a future, if you are right, there won’t be

Sounds good. If you win, then we will all be alive. If I win, then we will all be fried. Lol 

User avatar
nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,628
Politics: Independent

Taipan » 11 May 2022, 10:59 am » wrote:  
Playing cards.
I am a "rambler & a gambler".   
I float in & out.
I can't hang around you stumble-bums all night.            LOL..........
Image  
How is your weather?     I heard N. Cali caught cool spell.

https://youtu.be/JVIovQTzfwc
Its been too cold here lately; Highs around 41 lows to 35, cloudy had several days with good rains about a week ago.
Stay out of those cheatin Mafia sawdust joints, and also Injun casinos, even card rooms are suspect!
:\  
 

User avatar
Cedar

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Posts: 4,033
Politics: Classical Liberal

Vegas » 08 May 2022, 1:09 pm » wrote: I say yes. Sooner than we think. The American government has always had a thirst for war. Not only war but occupation. If we go to war with Russia, I am certain that we won't just leave if we win. We will occupy Ukraine for years to come. This will happen sooner than later. The midterms are coming up and the dims know they are going to get slaughtered. So, what better way to deflect from their incompetence than by going to war? The left will love it. The government will make up some **** as to how our national safety is at risk unless we fight Russia and help Ukraine...or some other made-up **** that the left will swallow.
 
It's more profitable for the military industrial complex, I give it 3 months.
 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], B. See is a shill, Beekeeper, Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, ConsRule, Deezer Shoove, dickens, FJB, FOS, freeman, GHETTO BLASTER, Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Ike Bana, Independent, Jantje_Smit, Jinn Martini, michaelf, Monderegal, mrMarduk, nefarious101, NEILCAR, Neo, PaperLi [Bot], Pastafarian, Semrush [Bot], SJConspirator, sooted up Cyndi, Spartan, Squatchman, Taipan, Vegas, walkingstick, Warcok, Wayback Machine [Bot], Yandex [Bot], Zeets2 and 638 guests