This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
walkingstick

Share      Unread post

electric car mandate. why spend money looking for petroleum oil. lack of new oil wells raising gas to $19.97 a gallon. stock up on Kentucky moonshine, before they raise their price to $9.48 a gallon.

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

walkingstick » 13 May 2022, 4:42 pm » wrote: electric car mandate. why spend money looking for petroleum oil. lack of new oil wells raising gas to $19.97 a gallon. stock up on Kentucky moonshine, before they raise their price to $9.48 a gallon.
I was curious about what the big deal is with Moonshine..having never tasted it until a few years ago.
What I sampled was REALLY GOOD...!
So strong, yet so smooth, so **** clean and it had a very nice but subtle flavor.
I could run 100% ethanol in my hot rod if I changed out all the neoprene for Alky friendly hoses, gaskets and diaphrams.
Problem is it takes TWICE the amount of Alky to go the same distance as Gas.
I can only go about 100 miles on a tank of gas in my hot rod..I'm not sure if I could  live with going just 50 miles on alky.

walkingstick

Share      Unread post

in the near future, gas will be 5 time more expensive than Kentucky moonshine. plus no tax. (just put a tank on the car roof. copper line to carburetor. gravity fed. control valve on the dash.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
GHETTOBLASTER » 13 May 2022, 4:44 pm » wrote: I was curious about what the big deal is with Moonshine..having never tasted it until a few years ago.
What I sampled was REALLY GOOD...!
So strong, yet so smooth, so **** clean and it had a very nice but subtle flavor.
I could run 100% ethanol in my hot rod if I changed out all the neoprene for Alky friendly hoses, gaskets and diaphrams.
Problem is it takes TWICE the amount of Alky to go the same distance as Gas.
I can only go about 100 miles on a tank of gas in my hot rod..I'm not sure if I could  live with going just 50 miles on alky.
As a part time alcoholic I have found there is little difference in taste profile between high proof tequila, cask proof rum, high end vodka, or high proof gin. Seem to pay premium prices for the same ultimate experience. Smooth, little nuance, high alcohol  Ethanol is indeed a great addition to fossil fuels. Problem is, if that came out of the gas pump, how could you prevent people from drinking it? 

walkingstick

Share      Unread post

there is no difference. i have witnessed alcohol being pumped out of railroad tankers. pumped into bottling machines. and, depending on orders, label machine changed labels. discount stores got the same stuff as the high end label brands .

walkingstick

Share      Unread post

when service stations switch from petroleum gas, to Kentucky moonshine, put alcohol chaser machines next to the pumps. drink as you fill the car. yes! have hot music and naked dancing ladies. wow. make filling the tank a happy time.

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Neo » 13 May 2022, 5:04 pm » wrote: As a part time alcoholic I have found there is little difference in taste profile between high proof tequila, cask proof rum, high end vodka, or high proof gin. Seem to pay premium prices for the same ultimate experience. Smooth, little nuance, high alcohol  Ethanol is indeed a great addition to fossil fuels. Problem is, if that came out of the gas pump, how could you prevent people from drinking it?
The Government takes perfectly good to drink Ethanol and does some sort of magic called "DENATURING" to make it poisonous.
I think you get what you pay for with hard liquor.
I can enjoy  drinking the cheapest gin, vodka, whiskey and tequila because I drink them mixed with citrus soda and glasses packed with ice to the brim..
For the people who drink booze straight, I think they prefer the most expensive stuff more times than not...unless they are FULL BLOWN JUICEHEADS WHO HAVE THEIR BOOZE DELIVERED BY THE PALLET FROM THE LIQUOR STORE.
..... Image  

Rock

Share      Unread post

GHETTOBLASTER » 13 May 2022, 5:50 pm » wrote: The Government takes perfectly good to drink Ethanol and does some sort of magic called "DENATURING" to make it poisonous.
I think you get what you pay for with hard liquor.a 
I can enjoy  drinking the cheapest gin, vodka, whiskey and tequila because I drink them mixed with citrus soda and glasses packed with ice to the brim..
For the people who drink booze straight, I think they prefer the most expensive stuff more times than not...unless they are FULL BLOWN JUICEHEADS WHO HAVE THEIR BOOZE DELIVERED BY THE PALLET FROM THE LIQUOR STORE.
..... Image

As a native Kentuckian I have a moral obligation to drink bourbon straight. Woodford Reserve is my drink of choice but lately have come to appreciate Elijah Craig. Another fine Kentucky bourbon I also enjoy is Buffalo Trace but it's become hard to find.

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Rock » 13 May 2022, 6:31 pm » wrote: As a native Kentuckian I have a moral obligation to drink bourbon straight. Woodford Reserve is my drink of choice but lately have come to appreciate Elijah Craig. Another fine Kentucky bourbon I also enjoy is Buffalo Trace but it's become hard to find.
Howdy Rock.
https://caskcartel.com/products/woodfor ... ng&msclkid

Would you forgive me if I mixed this stuff with 7UP.....? :wave:  

Rock

Share      Unread post

GHETTOBLASTER » 13 May 2022, 6:37 pm » wrote: Howdy Rock.
https://caskcartel.com/products/woodfor ... ng&msclkid

Would you forgive me if I mixed this stuff with 7UP.....? Image

Hey GB. I suppose. It lowers my opinion of you a little but you make up for it by being a baseball and hot rod fan.  :)  

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
walkingstick » 13 May 2022, 5:15 pm » wrote: there is no difference. i have witnessed alcohol being pumped out of railroad tankers. pumped into bottling machines. and, depending on orders, label machine changed labels. discount stores got the same stuff as the high end label brands .
In the end it's all CH3CH2OH.

They can put out fancy labels and tell the history all they want.
Doesn't matter much.

Many a drinker has been in a taste test and watch Pabst win over the "good" beers.
So much ****.

Rock

Share      Unread post

DeezerShoove » 13 May 2022, 7:49 pm » wrote: In the end it's all CH3CH2OH.

Doesn't matter much.

Many a drinker has been in a taste test and watch Pabst win over the "good" beers.
So much ****.
I beg to differ. PBR can't compete with the really good craft beers in the world today. I like a good PBR as much as anyone but for pure enjoyment a well crafted beer is miles ahead. 

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Doesn't matter much.

So much ****.
Well if you were to blindfold me with nothing but Industrial Swill Adjunct Lagers to choose from...Pabst might get the nod.
Not if you had me blindfolded with a choice between pre prohibition era Budweiser and 2022 Bud, Miller, Coors or Pabst.
About 10 years ago Bud released a special 12 pack of "old school" lagers. It was a contest they organized called The Brewmasters Challenge.
They had of their breweries submit a pre prohibition lager, the public was supposed to vote for their favorite and the winning beer was supposed to go into mass production. 
I think this promotion fizzled out...but I loved all the entries. Much more flavor than the bland stuff that most people want nowadays.

Last edited by GHETTO BLASTER on 13 May 2022, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

walkingstick » 13 May 2022, 5:23 pm » wrote: when service stations switch from petroleum gas, to Kentucky moonshine, put alcohol chaser machines next to the pumps. drink as you fill the car. yes! have hot music and naked dancing ladies. wow. make filling the tank a happy time.
Hmmmm. The BATF would like to talk to you! :loco:  

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out

Doesn't matter much.

So much ****.
Gonna have to call **** too. That happens in wines but beer is far less subtle. If they say cherry you aren't looking for a slight resemblance of the fruit from a particular rotting grape. There is going to be cherry.  I like beer for that. Less imagination. In that spirit there is no way I am going to mistake a coors or pbr for a craft beer. There are huge differences, they aren't subtle. 

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
Neo » 13 May 2022, 8:33 pm » wrote: Gonna have to call **** too. That happens in wines but beer is far less subtle. If they say cherry you aren't looking for a slight resemblance of the fruit from a particular rotting grape. There is going to be cherry.  I like beer for that. Less imagination. In that spirit there is no way I am going to mistake a coors or pbr for a craft beer. There are huge differences, they aren't subtle.
I've seen adamant "connoisseurs" fooled in beer tests many times.
You've never been wrong? I don't know about that...

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
GHETTOBLASTER » 13 May 2022, 8:32 pm » wrote: Well if you were to blindfold me with nothing but Industrial Swill Adjunct Lagers to choose from...Pabst might get the nod.
Not if you had me blindfolded with a choice between pre prohibition era Budweiser and 2022 Bud, Miller, Coors or Pabst.
About 10 years ago Bud released a special 12 pack of "old school" lagers. It was a contest they organized called The Brewmasters Challenge.
They had of their breweries submit a pre prohibition lager, the public was supposed to vote for their favorite and the winning beer was supposed to go into mass production. 
I think this promotion fizzled out...but I loved all the entries. Much more flavor than the bland stuff that most people want nowadays.

If the test is set up properly, you'd be surprised.

If you put Guinness against Miller Lite, any idiot could guess that. :wave:  

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

DeezerShoove » 13 May 2022, 9:46 pm » wrote: If the test is set up properly, you'd be surprised.

If you put Guinness against Miller Lite, any idiot could guess that. Image
I give Guiness the "old College Try" every 10 years or so.
If you gave me a blindfold test between Guiness and chilled mop water, I'm not sure if I could tell the difference. :wave:  

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
GHETTOBLASTER » 13 May 2022, 10:44 pm » wrote: I give Guiness the "old College Try" every 10 years or so.
If you gave me a blindfold test between Guiness and chilled mop water, I'm not sure if I could tell the difference. Image
For me it's the wonderful taste of...
You know when you leave a pot of coffee on all day then realize just before bed that you have to turn off the pot?
Next morning in a haze you get a cup and slosh down that big mouthful of cold, burnt deliciousness...

Put a head on that and it's close.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
DeezerShoove » 13 May 2022, 9:43 pm » wrote: **** 3.
I've seen adamant "connoisseurs" fooled in beer tests many times.
You've never been wrong? I don't know about that...
Wine? I would believe experts could be fooled and regularly are. Beer? All cheap beers have similar weak flavor and watered down texture. Mouth feel is completely different. I am wrong alot, have never mistaken coors for a craft IPA.