This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
ConservativeWave

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

NETFLIX recently issued a memo announcing the NEW NEFLIX policy... and comes shortly after employees staged a walkout when Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos decided to CONTINUE to air Dave Chappelle's special... despite its jabs at the transgender community.

In the memo, Netflix acknowledged that some programs might be problematic for some viewers, but the streaming service is choosing NOT to silence artists

The memo said:  "Not everyone will like — or agree with — everything on our service,"...  "Depending on your role, you may need to work on titles you perceive to be harmful,"... "If you’d find it hard to support our content breadth, Netflix may not be the best place for you."

HERE HERE NETFLIX !!  THAT is what a FREE Business, in a FREE NATION does... It does NOT SQUELCH "Freedom of Speech"... like a DICTATOR might... who THINKS he KNOWS EVERYTHING !

https://www.foxbusiness.com/entertainme ... lture-memo

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

ConservativeWave » 14 May 2022, 12:52 pm » wrote: NETFLIX recently issued a memo announcing the NEW NEFLIX policy... and comes shortly after employees staged a walkout when Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos decided to CONTINUE to air Dave Chappelle's special... despite its jabs at the transgender community.

In the memo, Netflix acknowledged that some programs might be problematic for some viewers, but the streaming service is choosing NOT to silence artists

The memo said:  "Not everyone will like — or agree with — everything on our service,"...  "Depending on your role, you may need to work on titles you perceive to be harmful,"... "If you’d find it hard to support our content breadth, Netflix may not be the best place for you."

HERE HERE NETFLIX !!  THAT is what a FREE Business, in a FREE NATION does... It does NOT SQUELCH "Freedom of Speech"... like a DICTATOR might... who THINKS he KNOWS EVERYTHING !

"If you’d find it hard to support our content breadth, Netflix may not be the best place for you."
I love that.  Those complaining have to be millennials.  

Additionally, the woke movement is dying.

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Everything I see on Netflix, HULU, etc. is loaded with pure unadulterated [[[NWO PROPAGANDA]]]
Everything they believe in has to do with the freakish exceptions to reality being true.
Netflix does not want to alienate the Conservative Market any more than they have already. 

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
GHETTOBLASTER » 14 May 2022, 2:27 pm » wrote: Everything I see on Netflix, HULU, etc. is loaded with pure unadulterated [[[NWO PROPAGANDA]]]
Everything they believe in has to do with the freakish exceptions to reality being true.
Netflix does not want to alienate the Conservative Market any more than they have already.
Yup.
A business decision. That's all it is. Otherwise they'd start producing a different strain of material.
Changing a couple paragraphs of "policy statement" is cheap, quick and easy.
Let's see if anything ACTUALLY happens.

I hope it truly is a signal and some **** get their boas in a knot.

ConservativeWave

Share      Unread post

DeezerShoove » 15 May 2022, 6:11 am » wrote: Yup.
A business decision. That's all it is. Otherwise they'd start producing a different strain of material.
Changing a couple paragraphs of "policy statement" is cheap, quick and easy.
Let's see if anything ACTUALLY happens.

I hope it truly is a signal and some **** get their boas in a knot.
What's more... IF these businesses want to STAY in business... THIS is the BEST approach...

Democrats would have us believe that NOT being "WOKE" will harm businesses... but NOTHING could be further from the TRUTH...  America is WELL over 60% anti-WOKE... and only 30%ish... or less is influenced by "WOKE" issues... THAT means that 60+% of America is ANTAGONIZED by WOKEIZM being FORCED down their throats... while an approach like NETFLIX is taking... SHOULD NOT antagonize ANYONE... YOU JUST don't watch the things you DO NOT WANT TO WATCH !!

WHAT could be simpler than THAT ?  ...THAT is what AMERICA DOES !

What the Liberal Democrats, and democrats in general these days... are pushing (i.e WOKEIZM or ELSE !!)... THAT is what NAZI's, Communist's, and TOTALITARIAN Governments DO !

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

I have Netflix and find it to be a great value. they have films, programs, stand up comedians and documentaries about every topic from all over the planet and a huge variety of political perspectives.
I can only conclude that you clowns knocking Netflix do not have Netflix or have no idea of what they make available.
Not all the offerings are good, but many are, and you can say whether you liked it or not.

DeplorablePatriot

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 15 May 2022, 9:40 am » wrote: I have Netflix and find it to be a great value. they have films, programs, stand up comedians and documentaries about every topic from all over the planet and a huge variety of political perspectives.
I can only conclude that you clowns knocking Netflix do not have Netflix or have no idea of what they make available.
Not all the offerings are good, but many are, and you can say whether you liked it or not.

Take note of Ghetto Blaster's review of NETFLIX. He's sees and hears what you, the true clown, cannot, or refuses to admit you can. The liberal propaganda is nearly ALWAYS in their themes, sometimes blatant, and often obscured and requires post-dissection to acknowledge it, but it is there. For the slow and weak minded (you), NETFLIX has them wrapped around their little finger. And holds them by the ******. 

ConservativeWave

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 15 May 2022, 9:40 am » wrote: I have Netflix and find it to be a great value. they have films, programs, stand up comedians and documentaries about every topic from all over the planet and a huge variety of political perspectives.
THEN, on THIS... you and I agree...  I will MARK this day down !!

Too bad you are Soo BRAIN WASHED, on so many OTHER topics !

peepee

Share      Unread post

GHETTOBLASTER » 14 May 2022, 2:27 pm » wrote: Everything I see on Netflix, HULU, etc. is loaded with pure unadulterated [[[NWO PROPAGANDA]]]
...[hopefully someday these republicrat-level monetary ignoramuses become aware that media corporation$ and all other corporations are subservient to bank corporation$...hopefully someday the gd fools stop flailing at the leaves :o  and get at the root$..]  ;)  

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
I have it.
Your last line says it all. There is a LOT of worthless ****.

Go to the search function and start plugging in some great movie names.
90% of the time (or more) you will get nothing but **** alternatives.

Anyone here want to try it?
If you don't have Netflix and are considering it,
what movie(s) would you expect to find on this "wonderful" service?

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Netflix presents a lot of films that they bankrolled, with bone fide Hollywood actors. They also feature a lot of films in languages other than English, some with subtitles. 
Here are three that impressed me:  The Irishman directed by Martin Scorsese, with Robert De Niro and  a lot of other great actors
The series Move to Heaven, a 10 episode Korean series about an autistic guy with great powers of perception that cleans   dead people's dwellings after they die. Of course, the Squid Game, also a Korean series was a great hit and is well worth watching.
Finally, Nobody's Looking, a Brazilian film about the guardian angels that are with us every day bit who are invisible.
The series animated  series Death, Love and Robots is great and of course  Netflix is where the series Breaking Bad resides, along with Better Call Saul.

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
Xavier_Onassis » 15 May 2022, 6:32 pm » wrote: Netflix presents a lot of films that they bankrolled, with bone fide Hollywood actors. They also feature a lot of films in languages other than English, some with subtitles. 
Here are three that impressed me:  The Irishman directed by Martin Scorsese, with Robert De Niro and  a lot of other great actors
The series Move to Heaven, a 10 episode Korean series about an autistic guy with great powers of perception that cleans   dead people's dwellings after they die. Of course, the Squid Game, also a Korean series was a great hit and is well worth watching.
Finally, Nobody's Looking, a Brazilian film about the guardian angels that are with us every day bit who are invisible.
The series animated  series Death, Love and Robots is great and of course  Netflix is where the series Breaking Bad resides, along with Better Call Saul.
The first "season" of Death, Love, and Robots was good.
The second left me feeling like they settled...

Breaking Bad was an uninteresting series from the start. Opium for the masses. zzz...

Actors like De Niro and recently Will Smith carry too much baggage for me to watch them anymore.
They suffer from type casting themselves by letting irrelevancies overlap their oh-so-important personas.
Being no more learned about the world than anyone else, shutting the **** up would suit them better.

As I said, I have searched the Netflix offerings and been disappointed WAY more often than not.

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

ConservativeWave » 15 May 2022, 11:47 am » wrote: THEN, on THIS... you and I agree...  I will MARK this day down !!

Too bad you are Soo BRAIN WASHED, on so many OTHER topics !

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

DeezerShoove » 15 May 2022, 6:43 pm » wrote: The first "season" of Death, Love, and Robots was good.
The second left me feeling like they settled...

Breaking Bad was an uninteresting series from the start. Opium for the masses. zzz...

Actors like De Niro and recently Will Smith carry too much baggage for me to watch them anymore.
They suffer from type casting themselves by letting irrelevancies overlap their oh-so-important personas.
Being no more learned about the world than anyone else, shutting the **** up would suit them better.

As I said, I have searched the Netflix offerings and been disappointed WAY more often than not.
It's a matter of taste, I suppose.
If you failed to see the art in the camera work and symbolism in Breaking Bad, perhaps you were born without, Boring it sure as hell was not.

ConservativeWave

Share      Unread post

ALL I have to say to THAT, is:

"MAKE America GREAT Again... AGAIN"... AND

"LETS GO BRANDON !!   ...clap, clap, clap-clap-clap"

crimsongulf

Share      Unread post

Politics: Capitalist

AbitaBeer
Get Woke...Go Broke

NFLX is down 68% YTD. To put that in perspective, on 01/03/2022, it opened at $597.37, and it closed Friday at $187.64.

CVX is up 41% YTD.

Skans

Share      Unread post

ConservativeWave » 14 May 2022, 12:52 pm » wrote: NETFLIX recently issued a memo announcing the NEW NEFLIX policy... and comes shortly after employees staged a walkout when Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos decided to CONTINUE to air Dave Chappelle's special... despite its jabs at the transgender community.

Too many Blackcentric programs on Netflix for my liking.

peepee

Share      Unread post

Skans » 16 May 2022, 9:21 am » wrote: Too many Blackcentric programs on Netflix for my liking.
...maybe you authoritardian @ssholes could start your own venture: naziflix...hitlerflix...  ;)  

Skans

Share      Unread post

peepee » 16 May 2022, 10:10 am » wrote: ...maybe you authoritardian @ssholes could start your own venture: naziflix...hitlerflix...  Image
I don't want to watch nazi flicks either.  I just have no interest in watching any blackcentric movies. 

Deezer Shoove

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

bullseye
Xavier_Onassis » 15 May 2022, 7:15 pm » wrote: It's a matter of taste, I suppose.
If you failed to see the art in the camera work and symbolism in Breaking Bad, perhaps you were born without, Boring it sure as hell was not.
I'm just not a follower of trends, I guess.

To be party to a conversation with Moms and milquetoasts and every ******* at work and their cousins...
Nah, you can have that public pabulum. Didn't watch a second of the Sopranos either. Same reason, more or less.

How's Walking Dead these days?  Image