This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

Buffalo » 23 Jun 2022, 1:43 pm » wrote: And what do you anti-gun idiots want to do? An 18 year old is not a child!!!
What do u want to do about it?
Image Image

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Politics: Progressive

Some 18 years olds are clearly not fit to own an assault rifle.

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 1:40 pm » wrote: culture is not organic and never has been.

culture is downstream from law.​​​​​​​
Okay, is culture is not organic, then is it vegetable or mineral?
Culture is learned behavior. The US fought in wars somewhere from 1917 to the end of Vietnam, Europe, Haiti, Santo Domingo, then Korea, Santo Domingo again and them Vietnam. Boy Scouts wore US Army helmet liners with the troop numbers on them and were told that the Scouts were great preparations for the Army or the Marines. That was how you got to be a man.  The military was a rite of passage.

Of course, it was also INVOLUNTARY SERVITUDE as well.

Buffalo

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 23 Jun 2022, 3:27 pm » wrote: Some 18 years olds are clearly not fit to own an assault rifle.
Ignorant little rat, there is no such thing as an assault rifle!!!  Assault is not an adjective.  Anti-gun politicians, their llapdog media and idiots like you use the term "assault rifle" to push their leftist, gun grabbing, political agenda and give a simple rifle with some extra features a negative connotation.

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

The word assault is indeed an adjective and is frequently used as such. The Army uses the term Assault weapon.
Besides, grammatical usage is NOT the point.
What needs to be done is there needs to be a law preventing the sale of rifles such as the Uvalde shooter used to splatter those poor little fourth graders so badly that some could only be identified by her shoes.

Buffalo

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 23 Jun 2022, 4:31 pm » wrote: The word assault is indeed an adjective and is frequently used as such. The Army uses the term Assault weapon.
Besides, grammatical usage is NOT the point.
What needs to be done is there needs to be a law preventing the sale of rifles such as the Uvalde shooter used to splatter those poor little fourth graders so badly that some could only be identified by her shoes.
The Truth About So-Called “Assault Weapons”Gun control advocates bring up “assault weapons” time and time again. It seems almost impossible to a have discussion about Second Amendment rights without hearing the term. And yet, what many Americans who aren’t familiar with guns don’t know is — it’s not even a real term.

How the Term “Assault Weapon” Came to Be

Gun control advocates adopted the term “assault weapon” from the military in an effort to deliberately confuse the public and advance the political cause of gun control. They now use it to mischaracterize a broad range of firearms used by law-abiding civilians.

The origin of “assault weapon” stems from the term “assault rifle,” which the U.S. Army defines explicitly as a selective-fire rifle chambered for a cartridge of intermediate power. The term “assault rifle” only applies to automatic firearms rather than the semi-automatic firearms that gun control advocates are focused on banning today.

The key difference is that semi-automatic firearms, such as AR-15s, only fire a single round each time the trigger is pulled. Automatic firearms — including military assault rifles — discharge continually when the trigger is pulled. Although they are often used in the Armed Services, these firearms are not readily available for sale to the general public. To purchase a fully-automatic firearm requires an extensive FBI background check including fingerprints and photographs, as well as registration of the firearm at the federal level.

However, gun control advocates refer to semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms interchangeably — in a deliberate effort to confuse voters and advance their broad agenda.

https://www.nraila.org/the-truth-about- ... ng%20today.

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

IkeBana » 23 Jun 2022, 1:38 pm » wrote: You're the sniveling racist whiner who's afraid of black folks bluto...not us.

I've lived in Metro Chicago all my life.  Over 70 years.  Never had a gun pulled on me but once.  By a dago copper.
OK FOLKS YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST...!!!

IKE HAS TESTIFIED THAT THE SO CALLED  "GUN PROBLEM" IS WILDLY EXAGGERATED...!!!

HE'S LIVED IN CHICAGO ALL OF HIS LIFE TOO..!!!

I AM SURE THERE ARE MILLIONS MORE GREAT CITIZENS OF CHICAGO WHO SHARE YOUR SAME EXPERIENCE..!!!

Monderegal

Share      Unread post

Politics: Globalist

IkeBana » 23 Jun 2022, 11:05 am » wrote: Nice...but totally ignoring the realities of American  culture.  Like post WWII America was some sort of bastion of family purity and social responsibility.  The first American mass shooting of note was the Texas Tower massacre of 1966.  Pure family values America days.  Like we didn't have serial killers until Ted Bundy...feh.  You mention drug use like alcohol isn't a drug.  You talk about violent media?  When I was a kid there were more shootings per hour on tee vee shows than at any other time in history. 

Alcoholism, incest, and the physical abuse of children cloaked as parenting.  There's your traditional family values of America in the 1950's.

I think this harkening back is a common tactic used by Republicans to win over votes. Still, the culture has changed in some disturbing ways over the years that make me guess where we are as a society. Therefore, I think the argument has some merit. And yes, I need to read Hillbilly Elegy. I hear the movie was kind of a dud.

Monderegal

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 23 Jun 2022, 9:07 am » wrote: Congress cannot change society. Congress cannot prevent couples from divorcing. Congress has failed at the drug war. Congress has not only failed to prevent fentanyl from being sold on the street, it has ALSO failed to make insulin affordable to people who need it desperately. I have read several articles by Vance and I also lived in Buckhannon, Upshur County for four years, and Vance does have a good perception of Appalachia. But I don't see where he has any solutions to the problems of the people in horrible polluted coal towns where the mines are closed and poverty is so great that McDonalds refuses to build a store.
There was no McDonalds or any other chain restaurant in Buckhannon when I lived there. It was a county seat town, the largest in the county.

The government tends to place drugs as a law enforcement activity but the amount of illegal substances that Americans use is out of proportion for even those nations that supply the drugs. I also think insulin should be as cheap as acetaminophen given its widespread use and importance. The Epi Pen people would probably disagree and that is a tragedy for the sake of public health. 
I also would like to read an article or two by JD Vance if you would like to share. 

Monderegal

Share      Unread post

FOS » 23 Jun 2022, 1:40 pm » wrote: culture is not organic and never has been.

culture is downstream from law.

I tend to think that law is downstream from culture. Except when something is unconstitutional. 

GHETTO BLASTER

Share      Unread post

Politics: Republican

Xavier_Onassis » 23 Jun 2022, 3:27 pm » wrote: Some 18 years olds are clearly not fit to CAST A WELL INFORMED VOTE FOR PRESIDENT..
Most of them have never even had to support themselves. 
OK..but there is no rash  epidemic of 18 year olds running around with AR-15s and using them with criminal intent.

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Monderegal » 24 Jun 2022, 9:52 am » wrote: The government tends to place drugs as a law enforcement activity but the amount of illegal substances that Americans use is out of proportion for even those nations that supply the drugs. I also think insulin should be as cheap as acetaminophen given its widespread use and importance. The Epi Pen people would probably disagree and that is a tragedy for the sake of public health. 
I also would like to read an article or two by JD Vance if you would like to share.
I read an article by him in either the New Yorker or the Atlantic Monthly, I do not recall which.

Staplophobia

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 24 Jun 2022, 10:19 am » wrote: I read an article by him in either the New Yorker or the Atlantic Monthly, I do not recall which.
who cares what you read. 

Xavier_Onassis

Share      Unread post

Staplophobia » 24 Jun 2022, 10:29 am » wrote: who cares what you read.
The answer is quite obvious, go **** yourself.

Staplophobia

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 24 Jun 2022, 10:44 am » wrote: The answer is quite obvious, go **** yourself.

YOU CROSS DRESSING ***!

Monderegal

Share      Unread post

Xavier_Onassis » 24 Jun 2022, 10:19 am » wrote: I read an article by him in either the New Yorker or the Atlantic Monthly, I do not recall which.

I subscribe to both.

FOS

Share      Unread post

Politics: Fascist

Monderegal » 24 Jun 2022, 9:53 am » wrote: I tend to think that law is downstream from culture. Except when something is unconstitutional.

clearly untrue.
pagan religions were popular before they were illegal.

racism was popular before it was illegal.

abortion was unpopular before it was legal

homophobia was popular before it was illegal.

antisemitism was popular before it was illegal.

duelling was popular before it was illegal.

clearly the influence always goes one way​​​​​​​

Buffalo

Share      Unread post

supraTruth » 23 Jun 2022, 3:20 pm » wrote: What do u want to do about it?

How about prosecuting criminals and executing them or keeping them in jail? Maybe crime would go down.  Oh, sorry, I forget street criminals are a major dim-0-crap voting block... :omg:  

supraTruth

Share      Unread post

Politics: Democratic

Buffalo » 24 Jun 2022, 11:38 am » wrote: How about prosecuting criminals and executing them or keeping them in jail? Maybe crime would go down.  Oh, sorry, I forget street criminals are a major dim-0-crap voting block... Imagemg:
GUNS THAT MASSACRE CHILDREN ARE ASSAULT WEAPONS, U STUPID 🐖FART!
YES, CRIMINALS WHO COMMIT VIOLENCE NEED TO BE LOCKED UP, & EVERY DEMOCRAT AGREES WITH THAT!  QUIT EATING THOSE FOXAGANDA 🐖TURDS!

Buffalo

Share      Unread post

supraTruth » 25 Jun 2022, 10:40 am » wrote: GUNS THAT MASSACRE CHILDREN ARE ASSAULT WEAPONS, U STUPID 🐖FART!
YES, CRIMINALS WHO COMMIT VIOLENCE NEED TO BE LOCKED UP, & EVERY DEMOCRAT AGREES WITH THAT!  QUIT EATING THOSE FOXAGANDA 🐖TURDS!
Then why are federal prosecutors, the AG and DOJ dismissing 100's of charges of violent criminal blm *** and antifa ***?

"Most of the charges brought for violent protests in the wake of the killing of George Floyd were dismissed."

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/05/04/

the-biden-administration-drops-dozens-of-charges-against-violent-protesters-in-portland/

Flashback 2020: Six Months of Antifa/BLM Looting, Rioting, and Chaos

If there is any “two systems of justice” situation here, it’s that there are one set of rules for right-wing rioters and none for left-wing rioters who terrorized entire communities for months on end in 2020.

Wilfred Reilly
@wil_da_beast630
The Capitol riot was VERY BAD, and everyone condemns it. But, dismissing 2020's riots as "just burning small businesses" and "totally different" is dishonest. Rioters burned down an active precinct with cops initially in it, set up a literal city-state, and killed 34 people.
3:24 PM · Jan 8, 2021·Twitter Image
Wilfred Reilly
@wil_da_beast630
·
Jan 8, 2021
Replying to
@wil_da_beast630
(2) Attacks on targets nearly as symbolic as the Capitol, with FAR more damage done, were common. In addition to CHAZ (!) and the 3rd Precinct, rioters attacked the Portland federal courthouse with mortars for 100 days, and looted the Mag Mile. Mob rule IS bad, or it isn't.

Democrats and the media coddled Antifa/BLM rioters at a time when stepping up and speaking out strongly against them might have made a difference. Republicans not only repeatedly condemned last year’s looting and riots, but did the same with the Capitol Hill violence that happened earlier this week.That’s something to remember the next time anyone on the left or in the media tries to pretend they have any moral high ground here. They most certainly do not.— Stacey Matthews

YOU, supraliar, are a goddamned, ****, liberal, idiot and a HYPOCRITE!!!